Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:04:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA manual claims tracker (UNOFFICIAL)  (Read 33960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ozboom

Activity: 131
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:31:37 PM

Ozboom I did send a official copy of my paspoort with my current family adres in writing

glad to read and see how increadibly busy the IOTA Team is, much respect. they are helping us HODL and it is working ;0)

Thank you much for your reply cascrypto, I will also send David an ID scan then, although I have to get it renewed first...

And yes, gladly hodling Smiley
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ozboom

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:29:49 PM

The snapshot won't solve your problem but it means that "due time" is approaching at a fast pace. Sorry, couldn't provide more info earlier, we try not to reveal the future plans.
Thanks for your help CfB, at least the end is near Smiley
ozboom

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:29:09 PM

Should we not send David / Iotatoken a new, "post-transition" address for claiming?
One more question: is an ID scan required for KYC?
Cheers everybody
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:23:03 AM

Did Iota address changed due to the latest upgrade ?

( I guess we have to send new address to David again)
ozboom

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:29:39 AM

Seen on Slack last Wednesday:
https://iotatangle.slack.com/archives/C1TH3NXJP/p1502285938358283

cc001 : I didn't yet get my manually claimed iota. how to proceed with the upgrade and new seed?
CfB     : cc001 This will be done after the 2nd snapshot
cc001 : come-from-beyond do I need to send mails with info again?
CfB     : no, I'll find you myself
cc001 : ok, great  Smiley thx
CfB     : even if you try to hide Smiley
cc001 : so, I do the upgrade as mentioned? hehe, I don't hide  Grin
             come-from-beyond when will the 2nd snapshot be?
dom   : no deadline per se. We will be conducting another equally important snapshot probably within 4 weeks (to officially integrate timestamps into IOTA), but for that we will be giving users who didn't participate in this transition the ability to simply get their tokens without any issue.*

So just wait it out I'd say Smiley
MsCollec
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:47:36 PM

I'm yet to receive my coins from the IOTA team.

Have you provided your full real life info? Thanks to JLP's threats we - as a legally registered company in Norway - now have to do duedil...

JLP has not answered my requests in public or PM, so most likely he is forfeiting his iotas in order to retain his anonymity, which might be valuable to him in his insane ICOs.

I just emailed you what you asked for.

Thanks

I have emailed you a new transition address, please use that
Colonel Crouton

Activity: 354
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:36:49 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 04:47:56 AM by Colonel Crouton

Damn, this communication and attitute of the leaders and devs is very chilling. I still have confidence in the technological aspects but the leadership worries me a lot.
This will harm the project long term and I am concinced it already has. You should hold back your huge egos and calm your temper on public communication.
Those people have reasonable claims and should be treated accordingly. It is understanable that as it takes longer and longer, their patience shrinks which ultimatly results in anger.
Don't respond with anger and arrogance, better find acceptable solutions. Be open to critique, also and especially in this case when it refers to your personalities. Absorb, reflect and grow with it.
It will pay out long term, for your characters and the prosperity of the IOTA project. I'm still supporting and hope it will remain so along the journey Smiley

How did this meme get started?

Here are the dry indisputable facts:

1) Everyone had the opportunity to auto-claim, meaning this would not have been an issue at all.

2) People insult and accuse us of scamming them for simply being too busy to prioritize what is ultimately a result of their own laziness / negligence.

3) Most of the current (15 or so) manual claimants FAILED to follow the manual claims instructions, therefore it takes a lot longer. We are busy 24/7, lazy people who contribute absolutely nothing is not our priority, but they have already been provided assurance they will get their iotas.

4) We have given them a fairytale ROI, yet they show absolutely no respect whatsoever.

Do you think that somehow because we are the leaders and devs we should just shut up and take it? And please don't come with the naive and stupid: "just rise above it", you can't just "rise above" fallicious claims and accusations of scam.

This has nothing to do with egos, just basic common sense and common decency, which these idiots lack

I have plenty of IOTA. A lot. I'll probably baghold it a long time because I'm smart that way.

Because of this I am honestly concerned about the reputation of this project.

You should clear the air. What were the terms of the ICO? Was the claiming procedure laid out with known repercussions if it was not followed correctly?

If not, and you have moved the goalposts on your supporters, then you should redeem the purchased IOTAs according to the terms of the sale, at the time of the sale. It does not matter if someone threatened legal action and it makes you angry. If you need their identity, it will be provided if they file suit.

The critical factor is to remain faithful to any terms you made yourself. It is not a matter of "rising above" anything except, and don't use this word loosely, deceit. If you do not remain faithful to the terms of the original sale (i.e. what they understood when they sent you money), it means you have deceived your buyers. There are no two ways. You may "agree to disagree", but it does not change the nature of your actions.

I can not find the terms of the original sale, and you could be acting well within them.

I hope that is the case.

Ten-Hut!
jdlr

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:31:34 PM

guys, what is the status here ??!

have not heard back from David or any of the IOTA team.

Make a sign IOTA team !!!!  acknowledge !! silence is unacceptable like this !!!!
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:09:46 PM

Make a sign IOTA team !!!!  acknowledge !! silence is unacceptable like this !!!!

We are working on updates, after that.
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:22:38 AM

IOTA LIGHT Wallet 2.4.0.  Today Balance 0    Huh
Yesterday Balance ok. Today 0  . what that ?
 seed is ok ! 100%  Wink
Others have the problem ?  
s2

Activity: 198
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:04:29 PM

Still on 0 here...  anyone know if the latest wallet is compatible with the 2.4 addresses we sent David to get our money back?

iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:31:35 PM

Chill.the.fuck.out

Jesus, you have all got more reassurance than a kid who had a nightmare and jumped into their parents' bed.

We've made you the highest ROI in crypto history (yes, twice that of Ethereum) and you got the fucking gall to whine. Yes, read the T&C if you fuckedup.

This kind of borderline sociopathic narcissism on chronic display is not conducive to your goals... We got more important things to do than worry about some lazy self-entitled idiots who didn't care about the project until our blood, sweat and tears over 2 years suddenly made them 'hit the lottery'. Yea, I am not REMOTELY worried about reputation or any legal shit, I am prepared to go all the way if people piss me off sufficiently.

nevermindthebotox

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:01:05 PM

$1

congrats Iota team and hodlers

Grin
NostradamusJones

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 09:17:56 PM

Had no problems during the transition. Love my Iota. Hang in there guys/gals.
Johnny BitcoinCash

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:08:54 PM

I bought in at $1.00. I've made $2.00 lol.

I wasn't going to invest because this seems so high risk, but I finally caved because I love the potential. I put in a small amount now and will consider putting in more if it continues to rise towards $1.50 or $2.00
ozboom

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:50:25 AM

Thanks CfB and Iotatoken, all sounds good to me Smiley
redecision

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:22:22 PM

We got more important things to do than worry about some lazy self-entitled idiots who didn't care about the project until our blood, sweat and tears over 2 years suddenly made them 'hit the lottery'.
I have also worked very much these last two years.  Wink

But no on the iota project although it is a very astounding project (and although I am a software developer working on graph software).

Anyway, I hope that my manual claim will be satisfied one of these days. (Currently my balance is still 0)

And I hope that IOTA will be a major success, reaching the level of capitalization of ETH or BTC. !
s2

Activity: 198
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:02:14 PM

"We got more important things to do than worry about some lazy self-entitled idiots who didn't care about the project until our blood, sweat and tears over 2 years suddenly made them 'hit the lottery'. "

Calling people lazy isn't exactly helpful and need to point out I bought my IOTA only a year ago (August 2016)... I have far from hit the lottery, anyone else would say I've been robbed because my money was taken without my permission, I'm would love IOTA to prove them wrong please.

For instance, instead of posting endless replies and wasting time, how about just returning peoples rightfully owned money or explain what is so difficult?  Being busy is only an excuse if this is incredibly timeconsuming.

I mean what is involved in this process for instance?  The whole thing is very obfuscated because in my mind it seems simple but clearly there's more to it.  I would love to better understand is all.

At the moment my thought process of the claims process is...

* enter community member's seed  
* verify they do have the funds
* Transfer the funds from the allocated pool in a snapshot to their requested address less the tax/gift tip they've offered.  
* Have a happy active member of the community promoting IOTA

If it's more involved I think it would be good to highlight this since spending a few minutes per person to return their money seems pretty good ROI and would silence this thread entirely.

I'm pretty sure when IOTA return the funds they'll not just make those users happy they've also got the opportunity to get people shouting from the rooftops about IOTA for the good reasons it can bring.  

P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:14:27 AM

I'm willing to be patient and a positive contributor to the IOTA world.  With the latest version and the required move to new seeds, will the old address sent in the claim email still be valid? Or do we need to provide a new address on a new seed?
MsCollec
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:58:52 AM

CfB & David, keep up the good work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: