Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:13:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] AVALON CHIPs @0.082BTC + K16 Miner Assembly 60EUR  (Read 75706 times)
nekonos

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:51:18 PM

Hi all,

Update we are waiting for PCB from BKKcoins maybe will besend tomorrow. We wait boards next tuesday.

We use 1 chip for test avalon clon, you can follow this here also waiting the chips we mount some butfury and are mining at aprox 2Ghs.

Website. We have some ussies with bank for paying with visa, bank are studying our company.
I hope this solved soon. Also we are in negotiations for different shipping options including insurance option.

For EU customers, we can accept SEPA transfer.

Best regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:07:26 PM

Hi all,

Update we are waiting for PCB from BKKcoins maybe will besend tomorrow. We wait boards next tuesday.

We use 1 chip for test avalon clon, you can follow this here also waiting the chips we mount some butfury and are mining at aprox 2Ghs.

Website. We have some ussies with bank for paying with visa, bank are studying our company.
I hope this solved soon. Also we are in negotiations for different shipping options including insurance option.

For EU customers, we can accept SEPA transfer.

Best regards

Nice to see a prototype working!! Smiley

sociomenace

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:17:18 AM

Hey I'm just a little confused on updating my details for my assembler.

I believe it is Nekonos I want to select.

What is GB1 and GB2? I have ordered 48 chips so I want 3 boxes made up.

Thanks in advance.
sociomenace

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:52:41 PM

I was also confused by the other names on the list other than nekonos. GB1 is group buy number one i beleive.

Ahh. Yep I'm retarded  Tongue.

Thanks.
psyc

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 10:35:46 AM

There are  news?  Smiley
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:20:28 PM

Question for nekonos: K16 boards can be daisy chained, will there be an option to purchase what's needed to do so (cables/...)?

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
Fishbones

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 11:04:35 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 12:23:51 PM by Fishbones

Now this is interesting, but very bad news for us in this group buy.

Taken from this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=215431.msg3012352#msg3012352

We're very proud to announce that our batch #1 customers will see their orders being shipped beginning early next week!

Despite being one of the rarest "elements" on earth due to Avalon's delayed shipping, we were anyway able to source from third parties a lot of Avalon ICs that is big enough to assemble all of our Batch #1 units. ...snip...

Angry I wonder who would these third parties be? Could it have been one of the sellers on alibaba or similar? If so, how come they have their chips before the early orders from group buys here on this forum? Something dishonest about this Yifu Avalon person. Looks like "our" chips have been going to the mentioned third parties who then sell them at higher price.
If or when we receive our chips, we will be paying to run these miners.  Angry

I think it's time to ask for a refund.
psyc

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 04:24:08 PM

Now this is interesting, but very bad news for us in this group buy.

Taken from this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=215431.msg3012352#msg3012352

We're very proud to announce that our batch #1 customers will see their orders being shipped beginning early next week!

Despite being one of the rarest "elements" on earth due to Avalon's delayed shipping, we were anyway able to source from third parties a lot of Avalon ICs that is big enough to assemble all of our Batch #1 units. ...snip...

Angry I wonder who would these third parties be? Could it have been one of the sellers on alibaba or similar? If so, how come they have their chips before the early orders from group buys here on this forum? Something dishonest about this Yifu Avalon person. Looks like "our" chips have been going to the mentioned third parties who then sell them at higher price.
If or when we receive our chips, we will be paying to run these miners.  Angry

I think it's time to ask for a refund.

Angry
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 05:12:19 PM

i dont get it.. avalon themselves sourced their own chips from a 3rd party to ship to giorgiomassa?
No, Giorgo bought from third party.
ArtificiallySmart

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:43:37 PM

Now I probably have missed something, but why is there a third party?
Was the third party one of the earlier group buys, or are the rumors that Yifu sold his chips to the highest bidder starting to get more plausible?
bizwoo (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:16:35 PM

Now I probably have missed something, but why is there a third party?
Was the third party one of the earlier group buys, or are the rumors that Yifu sold his chips to the highest bidder starting to get more plausible?

Yes, this is a good question. There were quite a few early orders that do not belong to any group buy from this forum. This could be someone taking advantage of the fact that the chips are delayed and selling the chips at a premium.

Our first batch is already delayed for about 1 week.
bizwoo (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:28:05 PM

I take the opportunity to ask all the members of the Group Buys (both batches) to PM me with an email address where you can be easily reached. I will start preparing by collecting actual assembly requirements from buyers as well as final chips/miners destination. For this I am preparing a small website that will help us achieving this. Please make also sure you have verified your btc address with your username as I will not accept emails from unverified addresses.

You will know the website is actually ready as you will receive an email with username, password and website link in order for you to login and provide/update your assembler and chips/miners destination.

Cheers. 

Hi

Another group of buyers just registered.

Please, if you have PM'ed me your email address but you have not received an email with your password and URL yet, do not hesitate to contact me. If otherwise, you have not sent me your email via PM, do it as soon as possible.

As some users have asked, I also want to point out that the website for which I am sending the password has nothing to do with nekonos' minerfactory website. Some buyers from our group buys are not sending chips to assemblers (or to nekonos) therefore I need to cater for all the needs and the website is the easiest way to collect the chips destinations information and to communicate it to assemblers on time for them to be prepared.

Therefore, please do take the time to fill all the required information on the website which will also help the assemblers to match the order their get on their websites (i.e. minerfactory and burnin's website) with the chips I will send to them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a guide about ‘how to’ and ‘what is’ important to fill in the ‘Edit your information’ form of the website.

First Name
Last Name
Address 1
Address 2
City
State
Postcode
Country

All the above fields are needed so that we can either, send the chips to their final destination in the event that the buyer does not need assembly or provide it to the required assembler for matching and verification purpose.
In case you would like to use nekonos’ hosting service, then please fill up the name related fields and put in the address fields something like ‘nekonos hosting’.

Need Assembly GB1?
This field has to be ticked if the buyers have chips in our batch 1 AND wants to send all or part of them to an Assembler.

Assembler GB1
If you have ticked the Need Assembly GB1 option i.e. have chips in batch 1 to send to assembler, then you must choose an assembler from the list. PM me if your preferred assembler is not in the list

# Chips going to assembler GB1
Put here the number of chips from batch 1 that you want to send to the above assembler. If this field is left blank, any chip owned in batch 1 will be sent to the assembler.

Need Assembly GB2?
Assembler GB2
# Chips going to assembler GB2

The three field above are to be filled as per their corresponding pairs from GB1 (see above)  but for the chips owned in batch 2.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please fill all the required information as soon as possible. I need to pass it onto the assemblers in order for them to stock all the required components according to the number of miners to be put together.

If this has not been done by August 31 and you own chips in any batch I will consider that you want to send them to nekonos for assembly.

Cheers.
Fishbones

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:32:04 PM

FIASCO!!

@bizwoo. Have a look here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.msg3029465#msg3029465

I suggest joining forces with other group-buy organizers.
psyc

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:24:13 PM

FIASCO!!

@bizwoo. Have a look here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.msg3029465#msg3029465

I suggest joining forces with other group-buy organizers.

Angry I'm very angry with avalon , and now?
Fishbones

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:50:39 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2013, 11:28:36 PM by Fishbones

Yifu's latest:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.msg3030660#msg3030660

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.msg3030839#msg3030839

that number stopped forwarding a while ago, since people are so hell bend on thinking we are selling chips to somebody in china first I'll address that.

there is a lot of people who bought chips purely for reselling, however the stock is 10k or so at most like all the other orders. I hope people did not think only people outside of china bought Avalon chips. ( out of the 800k chips, more than 50% are chinese orders.)

In addition, these resellers only have small quantity of chips ( since we didn't ship that many yet.) whether is alibaba or the chinese forums, I'd love to see anyone make a large purchase from these "resellers", because they simply do not have the chips, despise what they may advertise.

In other news, we are shipping as per usual like our last update and are doing the best we could but probably simply going to offer full refund soon, I am tired of this toxic community malformed by greed.

So Avalon is "probably" going to refund. That will be our only way out. Chips this late are worthless.

Bizwoo? What's your next move?
ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:59:36 PM

Update: Endgame

With ASICMINER today announcing blades for as low as 3.5BTC, it appeared that Avalon chips that do not mine today are not going to break even any more. While those blades went already out of stock after some hours, the new price for mining rig is officially set. Essentially this means that if Avalon does not ship the remaining chips fully within the next two weeks, they become worth less than their shipping costs.

Driven by this event, today I was flooded with refund requests that built up a queue of ~2000 chips. I do not expect any takers for this and it is realistic to assume that there will be no further refunds.

I am sad to admit that I do not believe in a fast and complete delivery of the remaining batches. This stopped to be a game the moment this group-buy alone funneled $500k to Avalon. Although we have only a small set of 'no BS rules', we still have a written commitment to deliver in time as part of the ToS. With so many community members taking a loss directly or indirectly through Avalon failing to meet their schedule, we (together with other customers) need to consider taking serious actions to end this tragedy.

At this stage our options are as follows:
  • A. sit and wait
    That was my tactics so far, assuming that civilized and respectful behavior will ensure to get our chips as fast as possible. This in fact might have been the reason why so far our group-buy got more chips than others, at the same time with a delivery of one batch per month our last will arrive mid 2014 - ready for re-direction to the Bitcoin museum Sad
  • B. demand full refund
    The majority would be fine with getting their invested coins back and let this chapter pass into oblivion. According to Avolon's ToS, there will be no refunds. But if they really care about Bitcoin and its community and realize how much harm they caused to so many of us, they might consider playing fair and send us the coins back. This implies that you do not want your chips any more.
  • C. negotiate for compensation
    While refunding all orders might exceed Avalon's capabilities, they might prefer offering a compensation in form of free chips or free upgrades to next-gen ones. This implies you would like continue dealing with Avalon.
  • D. legal action
    Leave the polite arena and sue them into ground; make an example of them and put an end to the pre-order madness in Bitcoinland. This implies you are willing to throw more good money after the bad - for a very limited expectation. Your money would feed some poor lawyers and Avalon if needed will declare bankruptcy (they said they do not control the collected funds any more).

I personally will approach Avalon with options B and C for now and consider combining forces with other group-buy organizers for D if we do not hear back within a reasonable time-frame. If you have a different opinion you'd like to share, please do so either here or via PM.

Maybe we got to sync with other GBs and act the same way against Yifu

btcapparel

Activity: 568
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 11:09:50 PM

If Yifu is offering a refund on chips as stated I would like to voice my opinion from this GB and say Id like to get a refund...as many have said the chips are worthless now  Sad
eduffield
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 01:49:07 AM

If Yifu is offering a refund on chips as stated I would like to voice my opinion from this GB and say Id like to get a refund...as many have said the chips are worthless now  Sad

I second refund.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
finlof

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 02:56:44 AM

I second refund.
vote for refund here too
bobsmith652

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 06:23:26 AM

The price per GH isn't that far off what the K16 is going to cost us including assembly.  Am I missing something?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: