Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 11:54:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 115 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POWR][UPDATE] *** POWER LEDGER TOKEN SALE STARTS FRIDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER ***  (Read 138819 times)
cryptonia

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:32:54 PM

The evidence is that uncapped offerings are bad for investors but possibly good for "management".

So what did they do?
The offered investors something that was pretty much guaranteed to be bad for them, whilst giving themselves the possibility of lining their own pockets by raising a lot. Why?

Everyone know that uncapped sales have not worked well for investors, so we must ask why did they do it?

Ironically they could end up raising so little that this coin ends up very cheap. 
The Numbat

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:38:19 PM

i isteresting this projec;
The Power Ledger Ecosystem supports a growing number of energy trading applications. Some of the key classes of applications are listed below while the full list is available in our white paper, with some already operational, and others in advanced conceptual design or in development.

Yes a good idea. But the so called financial experts organising the ICO are not competent.  It's possible to work in finance for years and still be incompetent when you stray just even a little outside your field.

That is what happened here. They got greedy. they heard about big raisings in ICO's. They didn't follow what has been happening and deluded themsleves that they could raise a big amoumt with no hard cap. Fools.

A greedy fool looks at this space and says ..."wow Xtoken raised a lot with not cap...maybe we can do that".   Someone who actually had the slightest clue what has happened would have said ..."no hard cap was very controversial and the crypto community now views them very poorly...lets have hard cap"

Yes uncapped sales are generally seen as a bit of a no-no but the standards for best practice icos are evolving very quickly, and I think a lot of projects are struggling with striking a balance between offering a token structure which encourages investment and supports the backers, BUT also one that gives everyone who wants to contribute an opportunity to do so without being disappointed.

It is an unusual crowdsale structure, a new attempt at an innovation to try and strike that balance. Blending capped and uncapped elements in a 2 stage sale was an interesting thing to try and I still think in a more positive market it could have merit.

no doubt people will learn from it and debate the pros and cons just like any other. I think it's way too harsh to say it was all about greed. I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

the success of the project will ultimately be much more strongly driven by how well the team understands their product area (energy and markets) - much more so than best practice token sales. I still think on the strength of the idea, proven trials, and team's expertise this can prove a winner that will eventually dwarf the presale and likely mainsail price.

roxbox

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:35:16 AM

Yes agree, many ICO's have sold out in minutes with just whales taking control and dumping onto the public demand afterwards. I think Power Ledger wants a wide token distribution. no caps are probably the best method of achieving this. depends on the community you are chasing. lots of crypto traders here just wanting to profit as soon as it hits the exchangers, so will critisize any ICO structure that doesnt fit their agenda.  I'm a project supporter and the long term holder of the token, so if it ends up good value I will buy more, happy days if it goes on sale I will back up the truck!. All tokens are being slaughtered right now on the market creating lots of oppportunities particularly in the ICO space. 
ngin-x

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:50:26 AM

The Power Ledger Ecosystem supports a growing number of energy trading applications. Some of the key classes of applications are listed below while the full list is available in our white paper, with some already operational, and others in advanced conceptual design or in development.

Yes a good idea. But the so called financial experts organising the ICO are not competent.  It's possible to work in finance for years and still be incompetent when you stray just even a little outside your field.

That is what happened here. They got greedy. they heard about big raisings in ICO's. They didn't follow what has been happening and deluded themsleves that they could raise a big amoumt with no hard cap. Fools.

A greedy fool looks at this space and says ..."wow Xtoken raised a lot with not cap...maybe we can do that".   Someone who actually had the slightest clue what has happened would have said ..."no hard cap was very controversial and the crypto community now views them very poorly...lets have hard cap"

Yes uncapped sales are generally seen as a bit of a no-no but the standards for best practice icos are evolving very quickly, and I think a lot of projects are struggling with striking a balance between offering a token structure which encourages investment and supports the backers, BUT also one that gives everyone who wants to contribute an opportunity to do so without being disappointed.

It is an unusual crowdsale structure, a new attempt at an innovation to try and strike that balance. Blending capped and uncapped elements in a 2 stage sale was an interesting thing to try and I still think in a more positive market it could have merit.

no doubt people will learn from it and debate the pros and cons just like any other. I think it's way too harsh to say it was all about greed. I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

the success of the project will ultimately be much more strongly driven by how well the team understands their product area (energy and markets) - much more so than best practice token sales. I still think on the strength of the idea, proven trials, and team's expertise this can prove a winner that will eventually dwarf the presale and likely mainsail price.

This ICO had greed written all over it. Anyone can see that. Their pre-sale price was 8.8 cents. This shows that they expected to raise $31m at the very minimum with even $50m being a possibility and all this for just 30% of the tokens which is like giving the investors a middle finger.

They saw that ICOs like Tezos and EOS were raising over $200m with ease and told themselves, why not do it ourselves too. They forgot that you need credibility to raise that much. Not any random Joe can publish a whitepaper and extract that kind of money from the public.

An uncapped ICO is always held for no reasons other than greed. Anyone saying otherwise is drinking the kool-aid. Every business has estimation of how much money they will require to achieve their goal and raise money accordingly. It can never be an unlimited amount of money which is what uncapped ICOs are all about.

Only thing I can say about Power Ledger is that it is at best a money grab and at worst an outright SCAM.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 11:11:09 AM

This ICO had greed written all over it. Anyone can see that. Their pre-sale price was 8.8 cents. This shows that they expected to raise $31m at the very minimum with even $50m being a possibility and all this for just 30% of the tokens which is like giving the investors a middle finger.

They saw that ICOs like Tezos and EOS were raising over $200m with ease and told themselves, why not do it ourselves too. They forgot that you need credibility to raise that much. Not any random Joe can publish a whitepaper and extract that kind of money from the public.

An uncapped ICO is always held for no reasons other than greed. Anyone saying otherwise is drinking the kool-aid. Every business has estimation of how much money they will require to achieve their goal and raise money accordingly. It can never be an unlimited amount of money which is what uncapped ICOs are all about.

Only thing I can say about Power Ledger is that it is at best a money grab and at worst an outright SCAM.

but I think that this can not be a scam. But the way they conducted the ICO really showed unprofessionalism. But only in the field of ICO. The main thing is that they understand their field

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
nuno12345 (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:33:04 PM

This ICO has got nothing to do with greed, or the years of experience in finance.  The team has over 20 years in the energy industry, years of experience in the blockchain industry, finance industry and much more.  Power Ledger is about the company not just Jemma Green so I think you need to focus on the bigger picture.  The company has decided to have a hard cap and have said from the start that this ICO would be gauged at market value.  It has three weeks left to go and the market will choose their own value. 

If this ICO was about greed then such anti whale measures would not have been put into place unlike so many ICO's that are bought out by just a few individuals
nuno12345 (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:43:37 PM

If this ICO was about greed then such anti whale measures would not have been put into place unlike so many ICO's that are bought out by just a few individuals but it is about giving POWR to as many as possible.  perhaps the greed is yours as you may not make the money that you thought you might.  Either way this ICO is not about any of the things you are talking about
ngin-x

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:36:00 AM

If this ICO was about greed then such anti whale measures would not have been put into place unlike so many ICO's that are bought out by just a few individuals but it is about giving POWR to as many as possible.  perhaps the greed is yours as you may not make the money that you thought you might.  Either way this ICO is not about any of the things you are talking about

Can you please be a little less idiotic and quit shilling? Why do you think anyone is investing in this project? For charity? Everyone invests to make money, period. That is not what you call greed.

Anti-whale measures? Having uncapped ICO so that they can have all the money and leave nothing on the table for investors is an anti-whale measure?

You can twist the facts any way you like but this ICO is borderline scammy, that is the cold hard fact.
nuno12345 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:53:08 PM

If this ICO was about greed then such anti whale measures would not have been put into place unlike so many ICO's that are bought out by just a few individuals
Name the ICO's that were bought by  "a few individuals". Go on name them, or retract your statement
Monetha for one, how do you think it sold out so quickly
nuno12345 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:59:29 PM

but I think that this can not be a scam. But the way they conducted the ICO really showed unprofessionalism. But only in the field of ICO. The main thing is that they understand their field
The fact is few people are experts in ICO's many people on here think they are but have not run the whole thing, some may have been part of the bitcoin talk announcement or had some element to do with some development, yes they may have read about them and they may think they are experts but most of them make mistakes.  Some of the choices can not be change which many of the trolls on this site do not understand that sometimes you have to stand by your decision.
cryptonia

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:53:44 PM

Name the ICO's that were bought by  "a few individuals". Go on name them, or retract your statement
Monetha for one, how do you think it sold out so quickly

Please provide evidence it went to a few individuals. Saying  " how do you think it sold out so quickly?" is not evidence.

Secondly that is only one, but you said "so many ICO's"
cryptonia

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:56:59 PM

The fact is few people are experts in ICO's many people on here think they are but have not run the whole thing, some may have been part of the bitcoin talk announcement or had some element to do with some development, yes they may have read about them and they may think they are experts but most of them make mistakes.
Please provide evidence of people who made mistakes. You guys are the only ones here who "made a mistake"

Some of the choices can not be change which many of the trolls on this site do not understand that sometimes you have to stand by your decision.
When you are in a hole, stop digging, I'd say. All you excuses just make you look worse
cryptonia

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:39:20 PM

Wow, PowerLedger is REALLY answering all the questions.... what an effort.
The next one yelling 'SCAM': I will gladly donate my tokens to send a few thousands Solar powered Volts through their brain Wink

Power ledger is not a scam. It is a great idea. The only problem was the structure of the ICO.
Ironically the poor structure may mean people can buy tokens very cheaply. I might even buy some.

It would have been better to see them raise more.
ninjavz

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:00:42 AM

I am applying for the bounties, I checked Twitter+FB+Bitcointalk, however it gave me an error for Bitcointalk, I went back, deselected Bitcointalk but cannot continue because it tells me "Please click the Grant Access button on the Facebook panel". When I do that it says "This email is already registered". So now I am stuck and cannot go to the last step "CONFIRMATION". Is this an error on the Website?
ollivander7

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:13:02 AM

PowerLedger is business venture with social cause. Amazing!!
Zylon

Activity: 242
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:57:57 PM

Nobody from team didn't answer on any fact. GUYS - DON'T FALL INTO TRAP - POWERLEDGER IS A SCAM!

They still don't have gatehub source code, you don't have smart contract, you don't have ICO investment adress and public shown how much did you get btc and eth.. this is lame

---

I don't like scam ICO's  And this powerledger ico is deff. one of the most noob and scammiest ico's.

Read why - here are the facts of users on slack, telegram and from their whitepaper&webpage.

DON'T INVEST in POWERLEDGER ICO you will loose all your ETH  Shocked

1. Show us working blockchain in Australia and New Zeland, show nodes which are running; all normal blockchain have block and some block explorer people can see some transactions, look at bitcoin, ethereum, any xcoin even shitcoin have it own ledger

2. You have nothing but fake media news, some huge expert but no blockchaion behind

3. Where is your smart contract, code on githab? who wrote it, who did revisions, where is the code?

4. If you are not able to write even one smart contract for token distribution, how can you be an expert for blockchain?

5. People asked you many questions and you here and in telegram or other channels and you just ban people who ask normal questions; you use ban protection against clarifying the project and you ability!!

6. Let me know 10 users who are using your blockchain in Australia!!! Australian utility Synergy does not know about anybody is using blockchain in energy, how does it happened?

7. Give us public official from the top Synergy company who can confirm you have provide a blockchain and Synergy is using it, give me official confirmation from Synergy!!!

8. Until you not giving us a [Suspicious link removed]munity real prove about your technical abilities (showing at least your verified smart contract, and revision report as well!!!), showing us your blockchain explorer to show your working blockchain, I declare you as a FIRST AUSTRALIAN BLOCKCHAIN SCAMER!!!!

9. China ban ICO can I invest to your token anyway?

China will check past ICOs by content. So what represent your token, an investment, security or commodity? I cannot find out from your documents the nature of your token? Is this ICO legal, USA, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Brasilia, Russia, Australia declared ICOs as scam and illegal, why do you not stopping it and return money to your investors, are you just want to take money from people and disappear to some hot islands?

10. Nobody know about you in Australia, what we can find is your fake marketing news anywhere!!! Your company is one year old and no report are shown anywhere, please report here your sheets and reports that we see your credibility.

11. You collected 8 million from 2 big investors, I am out of business, you will not get me, you ken play with this two investors if you really have them, you have enough and you do not need more money and people to robbery!!!!

12. Let's explain why you need 30 million USD to develop utility energy platform, where you have NO UTILITY, no international business, not even develop east coast of Australia not West own Perth, no Europe, Asia, Middle East ot US utility contract, partner, show me agreement for one on each continent!!!

13. How much taxes is going to be taken from invested funds??? Australia has 25% profit tax and how are you manage it?

14. If you move all fund to some offshore, let us know where are you going to put our money and who will be responsible for it? If it stay in Australia, government can take 25 and up to 50%!!!
ICO is illegal in australia and Australian government is against all crypto currencies and ICOs are not welcomed, people you will lose all money in this business.
This guys already robbery some investors from Australia and almost go to default!! Show your financial sheets and prove your history of operations for last 5 years!!!

15. There is no other people than from your company, no international team, no experts, no developers, no international reputation guys from energy, IT or legal, no experts, no knowledge on energy business, no trading energy experts, no blockchain experts

16. They are self declared experts and what they have got is one movie star who they paid with your money and one whale who has got 50% discount and he will triple his money because he controls all funds

17. Now they need community to bring real money in it to make robbery effective, do not trap on it!!!!!

DON'T INVEST in Powerledger ICO  - you will loose all your money - they will not deliver anything!!!

Thx a lot! This is SCAM for sure!

Gpes

Activity: 216

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:25:25 PM

Power Ledger
A Decentralized peer to peer energy exchange platform!

Applications of Power Ledger

Important Update On Questions On This ANN September 11th 2017https://medium.com/power-ledger/token-sale-outstanding-questions-ceee469e001a

How does it work?

There are two types of tokens, POWR and Sparkz, POWR tokens allow the Application Hosts and their consumers to gain access to the P2P trading features and other Power Ledger applications. Sparkz, the “low level” token, are specifically limited to representing the tokenized value of a unit of electricity in varying markets around the world. The POWR token is the access token, like a software license, that grants ability for Application Hosts to transact on the Platform, through trading POWR tokens for Sparkz.

Achievements

White Paper
For more information about the Power Ledger White paper, please read it here: https://tge.powerledger.io/media/Power-Ledger-Whitepaper-v3.pdf in English and here in Chinese: https://tge.powerledger.io/media/Power-Ledger-Whitepaper-Chinese.pdf

POWR Token Generation Event

Early Bird's Bonus
You'll get a discount if you're one of the early buyers in our TGE.
Week 1 15%
Week 2 10%
Week 3 5%
Week 4+ 0%

Developers and Founders
All of the Developer's and Founder's tokens will be subject to escrow for a period between 6 and 18 months starting at the completion of the Token sale.

Growth Pool
POWR tokens are created to incentivize Platform Participants to use the system. This is done through Power Ledger gifting or discounting POWR tokens to users, such as Utilities or ‘Application Host’ who have a consumer base and are ready to become participants in the Power Ledger Ecosystem. These tokens will be held in escrow for a minimum of 1-3 years to ensure their use on the platform.[/pre]

Use of token

Token Paper
For more information about the usage of tokens and the token generation event, please read our paper here: https://tge.powerledger.io/media/Power-Ledger-TGE-Token-Paper-v1.pdf in English and here in Chinese: https://tge.powerledger.io/media/Power-Ledger-TGE-Token-Paper-Chinese-v1.pdf

Meet the team

Bounty Details
Power Ledger has set a reward of 1,500,000 to be distributed as a bounty, through our facebook, twitter, bitcointalk and blog campaigns to be distributed as follows.

Facebook Bounty: 15%
Twitter Bounty: 15%
Bitcointalk Bounty: 30%
Content Creation Bounty: 40%

For more information about the bounties and how to participate, please read our bounty paper here: https://bounty.powerledger.io/media/Bounty-Rules.pdf

And for registration, please register here: https://bounty.powerledger.io/

Social Media
Telegram Twitter  Facebook  Slack  Reddit  Medium

FAQ

What is Power Ledger?
Power Ledger is a blockchain-based peer-to-peer energy trading platform enabling consumers and businesses to sell their surplus solar power to their neighbours without a middleman.

How does the technology work?
The Power Ledger system tracks the generation and consumption of all trading participants and settles energy trades on pre-determined terms and conditions in near real time. A user simply receives a registration email from their Application Host, they click on a link which takes them to the Power Ledger platform where they create a user- id and password. That’s it, once logged in they can see their electricity usage and all their P2P trading transaction details.

What is the scope of the roadmap over the next 24 months?
As Power Ledger is a commercially operating entity, we already have platform applications built, which is explained in figure 5.3.1 in the white paper. The roadmap outlines the priority we plan to develop the applications in, with the aim for all to be deployed in two years. There will be no incubation time as we have multiple applications already built and operational. Therefore, customer engagement will be high from day one, as it is now.

Partners

Vector Ltd:
New Zealand's largest energy infrastructure company, with over 600,000 consumers. Vector has over 400 residential battery and solar systems owned, installed, and deployed across its network, and smart meters supplied to over one million homes across New Zealand and Australia
Synergy:
Its owned by the Government of Western Australia. It is the state’s largest electricity generator and retailer of gas and electricity with more than one million residential, business and industry consumers
Western Power:
The Western Australian State Government owned corporation builds, maintains and operates the electricity network (distribution and transmission) in the south west corner of Western Australia. The network consists of more than 100,000km of infrastructure and services more than 1.1 million customers.
Indra:
Is one of the main global consulting and technology companies and the technology partner for core business operations of its clients’ businesses throughout the world. It provides unique in-house solutions and advanced and high added value technology services.
Access Housing:
Access Housing is one of Western Australia’s leading providers of Community Housing, specializing in tenancy and property management and property development for low to moderate income earners including seniors, people living with a disability or mental health illness, families, and single persons.
Nest Energy:
Commercial and industrial solar installations underpin their business. They also focus on energy efficiency and hydroelectricity applications. Nest Energy own and maintain the renewable energy system and when the supply contract concludes, the system ownership passes to the consumer.

Media coverage

FORBES Blockchains, Diamonds And The New Transparency
AUSTRALIAN FINANCIAL REVIEW The reality of blockchain in Australia, lots of plans but waiting for big hit
AUSTRALIAN FINANCIAL REVIEWPerth’s Power Ledger readies first Australia’s Bitcoin IPO
CRYPTO COIN NEWS Bill Tai Joins Power Ledger
THE HUFFINGTON POST Blockchain and the power of singularity

For more FAQ please check our document here and for more information and media coverage, please check our website at https://tge.powerledger.io/

Gpes

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:18:18 PM

Power Ledger
A Decentralized peer to peer energy exchange platform!

Applications of Power Ledger

Important Update On Questions On This ANN September 11th 2017https://medium.com/power-ledger/token-sale-outstanding-questions-ceee469e001a

How does it work?

There are two types of tokens, POWR and Sparkz, POWR tokens allow the Application Hosts and their consumers to gain access to the P2P trading features and other Power Ledger applications. Sparkz, the “low level” token, are specifically limited to representing the tokenized value of a unit of electricity in varying markets around the world. The POWR token is the access token, like a software license, that grants ability for Application Hosts to transact on the Platform, through trading POWR tokens for Sparkz.

Achievements

White Paper
For more information about the Power Ledger White paper, please read it here: https://tge.powerledger.io/media/Power-Ledger-Whitepaper-v3.pdf in English and here in Chinese: https://tge.powerledger.io/media/Power-Ledger-Whitepaper-Chinese.pdf

POWR Token Generation Event

Early Bird's Bonus
You'll get a discount if you're one of the early buyers in our TGE.
Week 1 15%
Week 2 10%
Week 3 5%
Week 4+ 0%

Developers and Founders
All of the Developer's and Founder's tokens will be subject to escrow for a period between 6 and 18 months starting at the completion of the Token sale.

Growth Pool
POWR tokens are created to incentivize Platform Participants to use the system. This is done through Power Ledger gifting or discounting POWR tokens to users, such as Utilities or ‘Application Host’ who have a consumer base and are ready to become participants in the Power Ledger Ecosystem. These tokens will be held in escrow for a minimum of 1-3 years to ensure their use on the platform.[/pre]

Use of token

Token Paper
For more information about the usage of tokens and the token generation event, please read our paper here: https://tge.powerledger.io/media/Power-Ledger-TGE-Token-Paper-v1.pdf in English and here in Chinese: https://tge.powerledger.io/media/Power-Ledger-TGE-Token-Paper-Chinese-v1.pdf

Meet the team

Bounty Details
Power Ledger has set a reward of 1,500,000 to be distributed as a bounty, through our facebook, twitter, bitcointalk and blog campaigns to be distributed as follows.

Facebook Bounty: 15%
Twitter Bounty: 15%
Bitcointalk Bounty: 30%
Content Creation Bounty: 40%

For more information about the bounties and how to participate, please read our bounty paper here: https://bounty.powerledger.io/media/Bounty-Rules.pdf

And for registration, please register here: https://bounty.powerledger.io/

Social Media
Telegram Twitter  Facebook  Slack  Reddit  Medium

FAQ

What is Power Ledger?
Power Ledger is a blockchain-based peer-to-peer energy trading platform enabling consumers and businesses to sell their surplus solar power to their neighbours without a middleman.

How does the technology work?
The Power Ledger system tracks the generation and consumption of all trading participants and settles energy trades on pre-determined terms and conditions in near real time. A user simply receives a registration email from their Application Host, they click on a link which takes them to the Power Ledger platform where they create a user- id and password. That’s it, once logged in they can see their electricity usage and all their P2P trading transaction details.

What is the scope of the roadmap over the next 24 months?
As Power Ledger is a commercially operating entity, we already have platform applications built, which is explained in figure 5.3.1 in the white paper. The roadmap outlines the priority we plan to develop the applications in, with the aim for all to be deployed in two years. There will be no incubation time as we have multiple applications already built and operational. Therefore, customer engagement will be high from day one, as it is now.

Partners

Vector Ltd:
New Zealand's largest energy infrastructure company, with over 600,000 consumers. Vector has over 400 residential battery and solar systems owned, installed, and deployed across its network, and smart meters supplied to over one million homes across New Zealand and Australia
Synergy:
Its owned by the Government of Western Australia. It is the state’s largest electricity generator and retailer of gas and electricity with more than one million residential, business and industry consumers
Western Power:
The Western Australian State Government owned corporation builds, maintains and operates the electricity network (distribution and transmission) in the south west corner of Western Australia. The network consists of more than 100,000km of infrastructure and services more than 1.1 million customers.
Indra:
Is one of the main global consulting and technology companies and the technology partner for core business operations of its clients’ businesses throughout the world. It provides unique in-house solutions and advanced and high added value technology services.
Access Housing:
Access Housing is one of Western Australia’s leading providers of Community Housing, specializing in tenancy and property management and property development for low to moderate income earners including seniors, people living with a disability or mental health illness, families, and single persons.
Nest Energy:
Commercial and industrial solar installations underpin their business. They also focus on energy efficiency and hydroelectricity applications. Nest Energy own and maintain the renewable energy system and when the supply contract concludes, the system ownership passes to the consumer.

Media coverage

FORBES Blockchains, Diamonds And The New Transparency
AUSTRALIAN FINANCIAL REVIEW The reality of blockchain in Australia, lots of plans but waiting for big hit
AUSTRALIAN FINANCIAL REVIEWPerth’s Power Ledger readies first Australia’s Bitcoin IPO
CRYPTO COIN NEWS Bill Tai Joins Power Ledger
THE HUFFINGTON POST Blockchain and the power of singularity

For more FAQ please check our document here and for more information and media coverage, please check our website at https://tge.powerledger.io/

Gpes

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:33:41 PM

What I can infer from the guy calling power ledger a scam is the fact that he is either of these;
1. A noob
2. An unemployed fellow that sort for job but was rejected
3. A retard who obviously has nothing to offer the society and therefoe sits down to write rubbish with bad grammar.
4. A menace to the society as he is blinded by greed.
I don't know you and I'm not part of the team but I sure don't approve and see any sense in all you have written.
Next time, try to suggest ways to improve a thing and not just malign it with derogatory and provocative write ups because you don't have carpal tunnel syndrome.
If they lack the know how as it pertains to running a successful ICO, why not advice them and not run your mouth like a running tap.
DroidR17A

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:33:52 PM

I sent 2 ETH and got a confirmation, but when I go to the site to check my tokens, it tells me that I'm using an incorrect ETH# or email addy. What gives? Is this just another ICO scam?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 115 »
  Print  

Jump to: