Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:43:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obsidian ODN - CryptoCurrency & Secure Anonymous Messaging  (Read 92743 times)
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:54:58 PM

So, is Obsidian going to be left for dead and everything moves to Odin? Or what is the plan?
andro hac

Activity: 574
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:13:43 AM

what about odin project? did anyone receive coins already and is there separate ann thread for that?

yeah i too was waiting for the snapshot process to be complete. any idea how long it will take @team.
The snapshot is complete. If you successfully locked in, just wait for the odin wallet and distribution process to begin in the next 10 days or so
Transformers

Activity: 310
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:14:09 PM

what about odin project? did anyone receive coins already and is there separate ann thread for that?

yeah i too was waiting for the snapshot process to be complete. any idea how long it will take @team.
The snapshot is complete. If you successfully locked in, just wait for the odin wallet and distribution process to begin in the next 10 days or so
WHAT IS SNAPSHOT ?
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ODN COIN ON CURRENT EXCHANGES ? WILL IT BE DELISTED AND REPLACED BY NEW COIN ?
niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:37:30 PM

WHAT IS SNAPSHOT ?
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ODN COIN ON CURRENT EXCHANGES ? WILL IT BE DELISTED AND REPLACED BY NEW COIN ?

there was a ODIN claim portal for the ODN u owned . now its finished and the new ODIN distribution is in the final stages.
andro hac

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 04:17:47 AM

You can now start preparing for the ODIN withdrawals next week by setting up both local and VPS environments. Please read more about this here http://odinblockchain.org/headless-odin-wallet-released/
joshuamayu

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:35:49 PM

Yeah I have ODN. I just now saw that there was an exchange so I guess the I will just lose my ODN. It's a coin I've been holding awhile. Usually the exchanges do the swap for you. That sucks. Apparently the team sucks too..
andro hac

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 04:49:57 AM

The official ODIN GUI Wallets for Windows and OSX have been released! See the full post and download links right here:
https://odinblockchain.org/odin-gui-wallets-released/
superquaid

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:53:10 PM

The ANN thread for ODIN is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4798428
Zechis966

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

http://cointedtoken.com/

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:36:03 PM

Just a quick update.Main core team has recently been expanded with another member z3n(Discord user name) - He's from a background of hosting/infrastructure in open source, so will initially be focusing on wallet/masternode building & automation but also has commercial/investment/community experience so will also be helping out with those areas.

So wtf is going on?

First time checking back in on ODN for close to a year it feels like. What's this I see about claims?

Looks like you're shifting chains or something but what about all the people who stash and forget about their coins?

Kind of defeats the purpose of crypto investing when you have to keep updated or you might lose your coins. Or is that not what is meant by "redemption period closed"?

Most people who actually made any money on crypto bought a ton cheap and forgot about it on some address. Please tell me you're not burning tokens without somehow automatically crediting everyone

Zechis966

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:38:55 PM

Yeah I have ODN. I just now saw that there was an exchange so I guess the I will just lose my ODN. It's a coin I've been holding awhile. Usually the exchanges do the swap for you. That sucks. Apparently the team sucks too..

They'll have to allow for redemptions in perpetuity or their coin will be doomed to fail. You can't expect people to constantly stay updated or lose their tokens... Defeats the entire purpose of typical hodling. I just checked in today for the first time in FOREVER and I see this bullshit. It might be normal and I just haven't read through enough but from the few posts I've just read it seems like we're supposed to be responsible to swap our own tokens in a specific time window....

If so this is absolutely retarded and I'm glad I sold 70% or so when they were near peak high...

Pelsjager

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:59:07 PM

They'll have to allow for redemptions in perpetuity or their coin will be doomed to fail. You can't expect people to constantly stay updated or lose their tokens... Defeats the entire purpose of typical hodling. I just checked in today for the first time in FOREVER and I see this bullshit. It might be normal and I just haven't read through enough but from the few posts I've just read it seems like we're supposed to be responsible to swap our own tokens in a specific time window....

If so this is absolutely retarded and I'm glad I sold 70% or so when they were near peak high...

We will not allow redemptions in perpetuity. It wouldn't make any sense, as it's a different project altogether. It merely took ODN holders as eligible recipients as a way of making up for the failure of the ODN developers, and that's where all ties end.

Also, there was no swap. It was merely a limited window where you would prove ownership of ODN, and based on that you would be eligible to receive ODIN.

Now, despite the ODN developers completely failing and dropping the Obsidian project, we do still intend to carry on with Obsidian. We are currently looking at ways to get new developers interested, and are already actioning on making other developmental ideas a reality.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:39:31 PM

We will not allow redemptions in perpetuity. It wouldn't make any sense, as it's a different project altogether. It merely took ODN holders as eligible recipients as a way of making up for the failure of the ODN developers, and that's where all ties end.

Also, there was no swap. It was merely a limited window where you would prove ownership of ODN, and based on that you would be eligible to receive ODIN.

Now, despite the ODN developers completely failing and dropping the Obsidian project, we do still intend to carry on with Obsidian. We are currently looking at ways to get new developers interested, and are already actioning on making other developmental ideas a reality.

So, when you say "dropping the project", do you mean that as in "being unable to fulfill their promises", or more like "stop working on it completely"?

And what happes with the ICO funds?
dafdaf

Activity: 121

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 03:28:24 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Buttcoin/comments/9zxm3y/meanwhile_in_buttchan/

Poor guy.
Gor27

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:04:11 PM

Somehow they are thinking of further developing this coin?
NightDream

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 12:09:41 PM

Announcement: Obsidian ($ODN) will be the first alt-coin to be used as a way to anonymously sign in to ODIN mobile apps. https://twitter.com/ObsidianCrypto/status/1078748791698849792
Zechis966

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 12:26:06 AM

Ah now i understand. I didnt realize the project was a fail. Sad but it happens. You're not gonna be able to salvage this by swapping to a clone that you control instead. Sorry.

"ODIN" is listed as a deadcoin with most calling it a scam. I'm one of the lucky who sold in the bubble and made pretty great gains because i sell any coin that's flying in price without utility just because of a bubble.

Zechis966

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 12:29:22 AM

Apparently some independents decided to try and continue but with their own coin, by air dropping theirs to folks currently holding ODN. Stuff just doesnt work that way and unless they do something groundbreaking (hint: they wont likely) then no noob investors will ever buy it. And as much as many of us crypto elitists dislike the noobs and the bubbles they create, it's what made tons of us relatively rich all the way to fack you rich.

Good luck to this project but i made 5x and cashed out. My only regret is not selling the last 4000 ODN when i had a chance but i was hoping to have a small sum to stake with.

voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 07:38:24 AM

this is where i ended too in september 2018 , it is now 2019 and i am still waiting for more info
superquaid

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 01:43:11 PM

Apparently some independents decided to try and continue but with their own coin, by air dropping theirs to folks currently holding ODN. Stuff just doesnt work that way and unless they do something groundbreaking (hint: they wont likely) then no noob investors will ever buy it.

From what I have seen, ODIN is growing from strength to strength - more and more community collaborators are voluntarily working on various products and services - latest product launch is coming out today for early registrants on the Google Play store read about it here. Also their masternode hosting service is launching this week from what I can see on their Discord. They are just focused on building and innovating, not pump and dump.
superquaid

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 09:42:23 AM

Official Obsidian Telegram Group Chat

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: