Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:53:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got off the phone with NewEgg...  (Read 12704 times)
Synaptic (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:44:24 PM

Was talking to a guy named Jason, trying to get them to waive the restocking fees and shipping costs for my $1200 in gear.

I've been a long time (10 years) system builder with NewEgg and they were kind enough to pay me this favor. Best news I've had all week regarding this stupid bitcoin shit!

Anyhow, after pleasantries and getting business out of the way, I non-chalantly said "I bet you're seeing a higher volume of RMA's today, yeah?"

To which he chuckled and said "Yeah, it's been crazy this morning."

I laughed and said "I bet most of it is ATI cards right?"

He chuckled and then a slight silence ensued.

HIM: "Yeah...how'd you know?"

ME: "I read about it on some forums."

HIM: "What forums?"

ME: "My gaming guild's forums. Seems a bunch of kids found some program that uses ATI cards for computing something they can make money from, but something happened to it, so they're trying to get out of it. You're probably going to see a lot more of this, there's a lot of people doing this..."

HIM: "That's interesting. So, is that why you're returning all your stuff too?" *laughs*

ME: *laughs* "Nah man, I had a client cancel his build at the last minute...who knows, maybe this is why he canceled!"

HIM: *laughs* "Alright, well we'll keep and eye out. Our managers are aware something is going on because they've had a meeting last week about it, but I don't all have the details. Consider yourself lucky because I hear we might have to suspend all the good faith waivers we've been giving. Agents are only allowed to give so many per month and we're basically past that already."

ME: "Oh I totally understand, I highly appreciate it, I've been a long time customer and I'm really happy to get you guys any info that might be helpful. Thanks, you have a great day Jason."

HIM: "You too."

So that's my offering to you guys. I feel bad for NewEgg, having to put up with our retarded shit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chucksta

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:51:21 PM

LOLOL, hilarious
AngelusWebDesign

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:53:16 PM

I certainly hope NewEgg figures out sooner or later what's going on.
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:57:17 PM

Yeah I really wish I could have told him right there, but I'm not in any hurry to make myself out to be another bitcoin asshole to a company I've been loyal to for 10 years.

I suppose I could call in anonymously...

Might actually do that now...

I'll report back, lol.

EDIT: On second thought, I don't want to jeopardize my waivers. If shit really hits the fan they could make them retroactively null or something.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:04:01 PM

adorable story, so you wet your diaper and left mining ? Atleast the sun did rise today.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:05:55 PM

adorable story, so you wet your diaper and left mining ? Atleast the sun did rise today.

Yeah man!  I left and made the difficulty easier for you!

Isn't that exciting!?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
evlew

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:10:43 PM

Yeah I really wish I could have told him right there, but I'm not in any hurry to make myself out to be another bitcoin asshole to a company I've been loyal to for 10 years.

I'll report back, lol.

EDIT: On second thought, I don't want to jeopardize my waivers. If shit really hits the fan they could make them retroactively null or something.
First of all, they gon't give a fuck about your loyalty.  You returned 1200 dollars.... woah! big spender! dipshit.  they've got people order 100 times more than you on a weekly basis.  get over yourself.  i've been a newegg customer for a long time too.

second, you already are a bitcoin asshole.  pack your computers up and leave pussy.  That is if you're telling the truth.  I've seen 100x threads from you like this already.  shut the fuck up and get over yourself.

if you don't want anything to do with mining take your faggot friends and leave.  don't make thread after thread after thread trying to scare a few measily newbies away.

In conclusion if you have no mining hardware anymore, you officially have no reason to post in this forum.  so like i said.. leave pussy.  vanish.
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:12:37 PM

With the low prices on bitcoins and the current difficulty buying I also wouldn't get into mining now. Buying BTC would be a better option IMO.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:15:59 PM

Price keeps going up up up... we'll see who's laughing when this is all said and done.

I've already paid for my mining hardware three times over.
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:17:41 PM

I'll report back, lol.

First of all, they gon't give a fuck about your loyalty.  You returned 1200 dollars.... woah! big spender! dipshit.  they've got people order 100 times more than you on a weekly basis.  get over yourself.  i've been a newegg customer for a long time too.

second, you already are a bitcoin asshole.  pack your computers up and leave pussy.  That is if you're telling the truth.  I've seen 100x threads from you like this already.  shut the fuck up and get over yourself.

if you don't want anything to do with mining take your faggot friends and leave.  don't make thread after thread after thread trying to scare a few measily newbies away.

In conclusion if you have no mining hardware anymore, you officially have no reason to post in this forum.  so like i said.. leave pussy.  vanish.

Well tough guy, they obviously DO give a fuck about my loyalty because they've done me numerous favors over the time I've been a customer with them.

Free 2 day shipping when I've had emergencies.

Waiving restocking fees and shipping a number of times.

Building custom "package deals" for me when I have large orders (got 50 free 8GB USB keys on an order I made for a local office building) that are NOT advertised on their website.

Sending me cool swag from a number of companies.

So, fuck you bro.  I will post here as long as it suits me.

And if I do in fact do a single person one small deed of assistance in making a good choice, then I'm happy.
Synaesthesia

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:21:52 PM

Wow what an asshole post. Anyway who cares if he's leaving mining or scaring others away - that's beneficial to us miners.
Chucksta

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:23:37 PM

Jeez, megga attitude problems here !

take a chill pill, or better still smoke a j or 3 Wink
AngelusWebDesign

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:24:54 PM

So if I buy a new video card in the next month, I have to wonder if it's been used before, OC'd in some dude's rig for 2 weeks with the fan @ 100% (translated: 1/2 the fan's life gone)
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:27:47 PM

lolz you shoulda been like "oh and get Alot more 5830's"

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:28:56 PM

lolz you shoulda been like "oh and get Alot more 5830's"

Well, there'll be at least one in stock.

Mine.

Along with 4x 6870's

EDIT: All Sapphires.
Synaesthesia

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:29:11 PM

So if I buy a new video card in the next month, I have to wonder if it's been used before, OC'd in some dude's rig for 2 weeks with the fan @ 100% (translated: 1/2 the fan's life gone)

Fans last damn long - like years.
AngelusWebDesign

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:36:27 PM

Shows what you know about engineering and computer hardware.

When you run them @ 100% they do *not* last for years.  Try months. As in, count-on-one-hand single-digit months.
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:38:18 PM

Shows what you know about engineering and computer hardware.

When you run them @ 100% they do *not* last for years.  Try months. As in, count-on-one-hand single-digit months.

Depends on if it's a cheap reference fan or aftermarket.

Also matters if you bother to oil the sleeves.

The Sapphires that I bought had ball bearing fans IIRC.  Running them at 100% makes no difference at all.
Icy-

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:38:44 PM

I'll report back, lol.

Get the fuck off these forums.
d.james

Activity: 280

Firstbits: 12pqwk

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:43:39 PM

Behold: A NewEgg Mining Company!

BUY NEW EGG SOTCKS NAO!!!   Cheesy

You can not roll a BitCoin, but you can rollback some. Cheesy
Roll me back: 1NxMkvbYn8o7kKCWPsnWR4FDvH7L9TJqGG
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All