Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:45:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we push the actual use of Bitcoin ?  (Read 8603 times)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:13:26 PM

We can only push the actual use of bitcoin if we will have a country that fully accept the cryptocurrencies like bitcoin because if we have that country then pushing the limit of actual use of bitcoin will become an easy task for the bitcoin users around the world because there will be no government or even law that will be against bitcoin.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:33:57 PM

Caring about merchant adoption is so 2014. I remember a few years ago, everyone thought that Dell or Microsoft adding Bitcoin payment options was the gateway to mainstream adoption. Remember the Paypal Pump? Cheesy
These were indeed the fun times. I remember how people were dreaming about Amazon and Ebay accepting Bitcoin at some point, because if that would happen, mass adoption would be taking place, Bitcoin would reach insane levels, bla bla bla. Cheesy

Now, it seems that Bitcoin users are increasingly becoming aware that the real value of Bitcoin is censorship resistance and value storage. I have credit cards with cash back rewards that I can use for consumer goods. My bitcoins are for my retirement fund...
While Bitcoin definitely offers people the option to function as currency, I have never seen it as such. In all honesty, it doesn't make any sense for me to spend my Bitcoins on whatever goods. It (1) doesn't offer me a better payment experience than fiat, and (2) I too am interested in Bitcoin to function as store of value. It helps me in keeping my wealth sitting in Bitcoin outside the reach of governments and banks (the real thieves). Bitcoin offers people the freedom to choose - if one likes to not spend anything, that's fine. If one likes to spend his coins on all kinds of goods, then that's fine too. No one is forcing us to do something we don't want. Smiley
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:58:16 PM

There is no need to push Bitcoin. If we pushed you hard people are going to just clam up and not want anything to do with it. To us this is something special to other people it's really just a confusion thing and they're not ready for it yet. At least most of them aren't. It's like anything else that has value, basically do your thing and when people see what you're doing and they become interested they'll ask you.
Yes, pushing should be in terms of action not just theoretically. It is applicable everywhere so definitely it will work for spreading bitcoin awareness too. But in my opinion there could be no concrete definition for the actual use of bitcoin.

If you think being used as a currency is the actual use of bitcoin then most probably you have misinterpreted the usage of bitcoin and its system. Practically we can derive any applications from bitcoin that is the reason we are able to use bitcoin as an investment and we are able to use it for store of value.

If we push too hard on people we're just going to push them away and make them wait even longer to come to bitcoin. Just need to be moderate and do not force anyone to use bitcoins forcefully.
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:54:00 PM

I and many others just hold their bitcoins and wait till it gets worth more. But that is not how a currency should work. A currency is meant to be used in daily trades for groceries and so on.

My question is how can we push the actual use of the bitcoin and what is nessacary to do that ?

I think first, we should wait till the scaling problem is hopefully solved in near future, because right now even if I had f.e. a grocery store, I would not accept Bitcoin as payment becasue of the confirmation time of the tx (I would hand out some coupons which can be bought for BTC)

After this problem is solved this would be my ideas, I hope you help me gather more:

• Convince organisations like amnesty international to accept bitcoin as donations
  • Convince big internet companies like amazon to accept payments via bitcoin, this should take a while but with some petitions they might consider it (propably better starting with some smaller companies)
  • Start accepting bitcoins yourself, not only on the interent but for example if you are a student and do some private tutoring, and have a small ad for you on a blackboard somewhere, you could print a "Bitcoin accepted" on it.
I guess the better way to do it is, we must share it to the potentials investors to have bitcoin accepted to their business.
and conduct a short seminar about the basic usage of bitcoin and show some demo's of where to get bitcoin, and how are we gonna use it in the actual encashment here in my country.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:47:36 PM

If you try and push people to use bitcoin, it won't end well. Things like bonuses it benefits can and will be taken advantage of. What we really need to do is spread positive awareness about it and beat down the stigma around Bitcoin. Most people will think it's sketchy/illegal.
Correct it is impossible to try to force people to accept a new concept like bitcoin very fast, it is going to be a painfully slow process, many people are happy with their fiat and the way it works because they get all of those things like televisions and smart phones, what we need is for the system to start failing again then people will be looking for alternatives and for the first time an alternative is going to exist in the form of bitcoin.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:42:05 PM

I and many others just hold their bitcoins and wait till it gets worth more. But that is not how a currency should work. A currency is meant to be used in daily trades for groceries and so on.

My question is how can we push the actual use of the bitcoin and what is nessacary to do that ?

I think first, we should wait till the scaling problem is hopefully solved in near future, because right now even if I had f.e. a grocery store, I would not accept Bitcoin as payment becasue of the confirmation time of the tx (I would hand out some coupons which can be bought for BTC)

After this problem is solved this would be my ideas, I hope you help me gather more:

• Convince organisations like amnesty international to accept bitcoin as donations
  • Convince big internet companies like amazon to accept payments via bitcoin, this should take a while but with some petitions they might consider it (propably better starting with some smaller companies)
  • Start accepting bitcoins yourself, not only on the interent but for example if you are a student and do some private tutoring, and have a small ad for you on a blackboard somewhere, you could print a "Bitcoin accepted" on it.

I am agree with you, I think we need time to fully accept the bitcoin as payment in every countries. We need to spread the bitcoin knowledge to the people to convince them to used also bitcoin in their transactions. But before to spread it to other we need to discover more about bitcoin before we can teach someone about it, because this is will be our key to convince them to use it.
You can’t force or push people into making use of bitcoin.
Is there choice; they’ve got to choose whether they want to make use of it or not. But it’s quite good if you people supporting Bitcoin start showing “Bitcoin Accepted “.
ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:54:39 PM

Caring about merchant adoption is so 2014. I remember a few years ago, everyone thought that Dell or Microsoft adding Bitcoin payment options was the gateway to mainstream adoption. Remember the Paypal Pump? Cheesy
These were indeed the fun times. I remember how people were dreaming about Amazon and Ebay accepting Bitcoin at some point, because if that would happen, mass adoption would be taking place, Bitcoin would reach insane levels, bla bla bla. Cheesy

Now, it seems that Bitcoin users are increasingly becoming aware that the real value of Bitcoin is censorship resistance and value storage. I have credit cards with cash back rewards that I can use for consumer goods. My bitcoins are for my retirement fund...
While Bitcoin definitely offers people the option to function as currency, I have never seen it as such. In all honesty, it doesn't make any sense for me to spend my Bitcoins on whatever goods. It (1) doesn't offer me a better payment experience than fiat, and (2) I too am interested in Bitcoin to function as store of value. It helps me in keeping my wealth sitting in Bitcoin outside the reach of governments and banks (the real thieves). Bitcoin offers people the freedom to choose - if one likes to not spend anything, that's fine. If one likes to spend his coins on all kinds of goods, then that's fine too. No one is forcing us to do something we don't want. Smiley
This is what makes bitcoins so special because they can be used both as an investment and a currency. Bitcoins have all the characteristics of sound money that is why many online websites have started accepting bitcoins as payments. I don’t think so there should be any problem in legalizing bitcoins worldwide. They can be used simultaneously with conventional currencies.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:38:26 AM

Bitcoins have all the characteristics of sound money that is why many online websites have started accepting bitcoins as payments.

I don't think that's why. I think that businesses are just looking for new markets to tap, and enjoy irreversibility of payments. The vast majority of online merchants still simply use Bitpay or other similar payment processors.

I look forward to a world where businesses accept bitcoin directly, and they would do so because Bitcoin's network effect will have become so massive that fiat conversion is unnecessary. At that point, we can truly cut fiat money out of the equation and stop being slaves to the central banks.

Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:07:03 AM

One of, if not the most amazing application for Bitcoin are the companies that allow to pay with a credit card, but in Bitcoin.
You load your Bitcoin on their site and when you make transactions with the debit card they send you, it automatically deducts the equivalent amount from your Bitcoin balance and pays the merchant in fiat!
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:13:32 PM

The main reason for which retailers have not started accepting bitcoin payment is because most of them are not familiar with bitcoin.So they should be individually approached and must be explained about bitcoin progress and that payment once made in bitcoin is irreversible.Or else,a seminar should be conducted by inviting some of them to a public place and explain them about them the benefits of bitcoin.By this way,we could increase bitcoin usage.

Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:19:33 PM

The main reason for which retailers have not started accepting bitcoin payment is because most of them are not familiar with bitcoin.So they should be individually approached and must be explained about bitcoin progress and that payment once made in bitcoin is irreversible.Or else,a seminar should be conducted by inviting some of them to a public place and explain them about them the benefits of bitcoin.By this way,we could increase bitcoin usage.
This would be a possible thing for which you can get some merchants to be curios about bitcoin but they will surely end up on ignoring it because they will know later on that bitcoin do really have unstable prices on which we do know that businesses wont really like such thing because they would really be afraid that they will lose up money when bitcoins price tend to go down.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:30:12 PM

One of, if not the most amazing application for Bitcoin are the companies that allow to pay with a credit card, but in Bitcoin.
You load your Bitcoin on their site and when you make transactions with the debit card they send you, it automatically deducts the equivalent amount from your Bitcoin balance and pays the merchant in fiat!

In 2014, everyone was enamored by the idea of merchant acceptance. I came to realize since that time that what matters is network effect and organic adoption. Businesses getting paid in fiat doesn't add real economic activity to the Bitcoin network. When businesses start accepting Bitcoin and actually holding and participating in a fully non-fiat economy... Then, things will get interesting.

whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:19:09 PM

In 2014, everyone was enamored by the idea of merchant acceptance. I came to realize since that time that what matters is network effect and organic adoption. Businesses getting paid in fiat doesn't add real economic activity to the Bitcoin network. When businesses start accepting Bitcoin and actually holding and participating in a fully non-fiat economy... Then, things will get interesting.
For some reason, everyone is sure that Bitcoin will save the economy not only of a certain country, but of the entire financial system of the world. In comparison with today's situation, even a little problem will be very strongly perceived by all people. Just look at how today you are pumping the situation around the Bitcoin counterpart. After all, today's situation has not been exhausted and we are all in a tense supper. How will things go with the split of Bitcoin.
MyIdeas

Activity: 734
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:39:41 PM

We can only push the actual use of bitcoin if we will have a country that fully accept the cryptocurrencies like bitcoin because if we have that country then pushing the limit of actual use of bitcoin will become an easy task for the bitcoin users around the world because there will be no government or even law that will be against bitcoin.
For its use the country approval is not important but the action of the people s important because if the people of any country will like bitcoin and they will like to use only this currency for their use like purchase and sale then it will be implemented by the state keeping in view the demand of the citizens.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:48:04 PM

For its use the country approval is not important but the action of the people s important because if the people of any country will like bitcoin and they will like to use only this currency for their use like purchase and sale then it will be implemented by the state keeping in view the demand of the citizens.

Country approval is important and it will make the actual use of bitcoin push thoroughly, why? People are trusting the government and if they are the ones to promote it to their citizens it will be an easy thing to push the usage of bitcoin. They can easily make bitcoin's popularity as they had the supreme power and sovereignty.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:05:34 PM

Country approval is important and it will make the actual use of bitcoin push thoroughly, why? People are trusting the government and if they are the ones to promote it to their citizens it will be an easy thing to push the usage of bitcoin. They can easily make bitcoin's popularity as they had the supreme power and sovereignty.
If you mean the legal use of Bitcoin in a particular country, then you have to take into account the fact that the state in any way wants to report taxes on all financial turnover of the crypto currency. And This suggests that each user will pay taxes from all purchases or sales of coins. And also every Coin that has earned.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:26:12 PM

If you mean the legal use of Bitcoin in a particular country, then you have to take into account the fact that the state in any way wants to report taxes on all financial turnover of the crypto currency. And This suggests that each user will pay taxes from all purchases or sales of coins. And also every Coin that has earned.

That's the disadvantage for having the government back up for the usage of bitcoin. But in return the demand of bitcoin will be higher and higher and that will be the time that you can just let the taxes eaten by them. As in return of their support they are worth to be paid with taxes for supporting the blood of the country.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:18:13 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 10:38:43 PM by bohr

We already have a country like that and its name is japan, I think the prosperity that bitcoin will bring to Japan will soon open the eyes of the people of other parts of the world and they will begin to ask for the same regulation, just think about all the money that is moving now in Japan thanks to bitcoin and its recent surge in price of the last days.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:32:33 PM

I guess the better way to do it is, we must share it to the potentials investors to have bitcoin accepted to their business.
and conduct a short seminar about the basic usage of bitcoin and show some demo's of where to get bitcoin, and how are we gonna use it in the actual encashment here in my country.

Well indeed if we see from all the facets there is that potential bitcoin is already supposed to be done socializing to investors or businessmen who are in our country. Because if we remain silent and wait till all the people already know about the bitcoin, then it's just a waste of time and we will not get a big advantage, because of the problem. So if you want to get a lot of advantage have certainly had to work hard and help promote bitcoin

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:58:47 PM

I do not see the need to push the use of bitcoin so hurriedly, because we must remember that this is an innovative technology with less than a decade of life and we must allow it to evolve at its own pace, as it has done so adequately. It is only a matter of being patient because I am sure that in about five years the bitcoin will be a very coveted good all over the world; meanwhile we must value our current position to take advantage of our very early adoption.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: