Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:18:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we push the actual use of Bitcoin ?  (Read 8600 times)
wahb

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:40:56 PM

There is no need to push Bitcoin. If we pushed you hard people are going to just clam up and not want anything to do with it. To us this is something special to other people it's really just a confusion thing and they're not ready for it yet. At least most of them aren't. It's like anything else that has value, basically do your thing and when people see what you're doing and they become interested they'll ask you.
i think that it will take a little more time when bitcoin will have such facilities that it will be use as currency in local shops. although in some countries and area people are already using it for such purposes. but still in most of the place people do not have such facilities to use bitcoin for shopping in local shops.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maccus

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:15:09 PM

If you have a shop, offer reductions if people pay in bitcoins. If you are an individual, tell your friends about Bitcoin, after pushing again and again they might understand this is in their interest to not be tracked by the government and their bank...
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:17:55 AM

There is no need of a pushing, let it grow on the gradual manner as it's now. If this needs to be promoted already several advertising might have been done, but in reality the growth is enormous and trustful through word of mouth rather than other means of promotion.
That's right, We don't need to rush a thing. Everything must be proceed in a right manner process of how to use bitcoin.
Moreover, if we want to push it through, let us show the actual usages of bitcoin but not pushing them in a hurry, but let them spontaneously use bitcoin according to their will.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:42:38 PM

Bitcoins have all the characteristics of sound money that is why many online websites have started accepting bitcoins as payments.

I don't think that's why. I think that businesses are just looking for new markets to tap, and enjoy irreversibility of payments. The vast majority of online merchants still simply use Bitpay or other similar payment processors.

I look forward to a world where businesses accept bitcoin directly, and they would do so because Bitcoin's network effect will have become so massive that fiat conversion is unnecessary. At that point, we can truly cut fiat money out of the equation and stop being slaves to the central banks.
I hope that as well but it is going to take quite some time before people begin to accept bitcoin as a payment, it took a lot of time to people to get used to the idea to buy stuff online but when they got used to it a big market was created, people took time to adjust to credit cards but now are part of our life I think bitcoin is going through that process as we speak and eventually paying with bitcoin will be seem as normal as paying with any other method.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:50:12 PM

We can push more about bitcoin usage if there are more companies aggressively put many terminals where bitcoin acceptance as payments is available. Aside from that we have to push for a faster confirmation of transaction.

Open for Campaigns
miyong

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:14:39 PM

By telling everyone that it is more easy to pay the monthly bills when  you use bitcoin. You can also earn thru bitcoin and it is more easy to transfer and  get your money. No more  hassle in making transactions.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:34:19 PM

By telling everyone that it is more easy to pay the monthly bills when  you use bitcoin. You can also earn thru bitcoin and it is more easy to transfer and  get your money. No more  hassle in making transactions.

But it will not be enough to push the actual use of bitcoin by just saying "hey we can pay bills easily with bitcoin." There are people that are not into this sort of features but everyone's heart is into the profit or by making more money in bitcoin. And that can happen through saying that bitcoin is worth to invest because of its high value.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
bohr

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:26:52 PM

If you have a shop, offer reductions if people pay in bitcoins. If you are an individual, tell your friends about Bitcoin, after pushing again and again they might understand this is in their interest to not be tracked by the government and their bank...
Believe me people do not care at all that they are being tracked all day by all kinds of government agencies and private business and in fact if you mention any of that, people will begin to think that you are the weird one and what are you hiding since you are so worried about your privacy, in a world where everyone shares their life in social media, using the argument of privacy is useless.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 648

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:10:03 PM

Believe me people do not care at all that they are being tracked all day by all kinds of government agencies and private business and in fact if you mention any of that, people will begin to think that you are the weird one and what are you hiding since you are so worried about your privacy, in a world where everyone shares their life in social media, using the argument of privacy is useless.
Privacy is one of the common issue nowadays on which government and other agencies would really have a track on most people on the globe. Most of people arent aware on such thing this is why if you dont like to be traced specially on your transactions online regarding on money matters then bitcoin would really be the best way because no one would able to track you out.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Schuyler

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:33:18 AM

Spread the word as much as you can. Be a living, walking, talking advertisement for bitcoin. Be an ambassador whenever you can. These little things can help and can go a long way if more people are doing these things. Ask for shops if they know anything about bitcoin and if they don't, discuss the benefits they can get from bitcoin.
Bondho Kompeni

Activity: 507

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:51:16 PM

Continue to provide support to anyone to use bitcoin, I'm sure if the user keeps increasing then the price will go up, and the best way besides providing support is to share useful writing about bitcoin.

▄
                 ▄██▄
              ▄█████▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄█████▀█████▄
       █████▀░░▀█████
        ▀██▀░▄█▄░▀██▀
                █████
        ▄██▄░▀█▀░▄██▄
       █████▄░░▄█████
        ▀█████▄█████▀
           ▀████████▀
              ▀█████▀
                 ▀██▀
                    ▀
AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:50:28 PM

I and many others just hold their bitcoins and wait till it gets worth more. But that is not how a currency should work. A currency is meant to be used in daily trades for groceries and so on.

My question is how can we push the actual use of the bitcoin and what is nessacary to do that ?

I think first, we should wait till the scaling problem is hopefully solved in near future, because right now even if I had f.e. a grocery store, I would not accept Bitcoin as payment becasue of the confirmation time of the tx (I would hand out some coupons which can be bought for BTC)

After this problem is solved this would be my ideas, I hope you help me gather more:

• Convince organisations like amnesty international to accept bitcoin as donations
  • Convince big internet companies like amazon to accept payments via bitcoin, this should take a while but with some petitions they might consider it (propably better starting with some smaller companies)
  • Start accepting bitcoins yourself, not only on the interent but for example if you are a student and do some private tutoring, and have a small ad for you on a blackboard somewhere, you could print a "Bitcoin accepted" on it.

To push for the actual use of bitcoin what I think we should do is we should first implement technoilogies or draft resolutions to maintain the order and the usage for BTC. Also, we have to readily be ready for such an integration as this would need some new hardware and education to the owners, investors and to the consuming public as some do not have any know how to the currency. I agree that given some thought and with some test that BTC can be a future for currency.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 648

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:55:16 PM

I and many others just hold their bitcoins and wait till it gets worth more. But that is not how a currency should work. A currency is meant to be used in daily trades for groceries and so on.

My question is how can we push the actual use of the bitcoin and what is nessacary to do that ?

I think first, we should wait till the scaling problem is hopefully solved in near future, because right now even if I had f.e. a grocery store, I would not accept Bitcoin as payment becasue of the confirmation time of the tx (I would hand out some coupons which can be bought for BTC)

After this problem is solved this would be my ideas, I hope you help me gather more:

• Convince organisations like amnesty international to accept bitcoin as donations
  • Convince big internet companies like amazon to accept payments via bitcoin, this should take a while but with some petitions they might consider it (propably better starting with some smaller companies)
  • Start accepting bitcoins yourself, not only on the interent but for example if you are a student and do some private tutoring, and have a small ad for you on a blackboard somewhere, you could print a "Bitcoin accepted" on it.

To push for the actual use of bitcoin what I think we should do is we should first implement technoilogies or draft resolutions to maintain the order and the usage for BTC. Also, we have to readily be ready for such an integration as this would need some new hardware and education to the owners, investors and to the consuming public as some do not have any know how to the currency. I agree that given some thought and with some test that BTC can be a future for currency.
It would really takes effort and resources if you are really serious on this matter on spreading the awareness of bitcoin. Adoption will slowly cling up and for sure people would really know on bitcoins existence. Pushing isnt really necessary but it would somehow fasten up.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bohr

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:16:34 PM

Privacy is one of the common issue nowadays on which government and other agencies would really have a track on most people on the globe. Most of people arent aware on such thing this is why if you dont like to be traced specially on your transactions online regarding on money matters then bitcoin would really be the best way because no one would able to track you out.
I think they are aware they just do not care anymore, people have chosen to be connected to the internet all the time and reveal everything about their lives over some sort of privacy and since that is what people want then I do not think we can do much to change the direction of the tide, people are sharing more about themselves online than what they do face to face and that is a trend that seems to be gaining force.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:27:08 PM

First is creating awareness for the people around you.
Tell the people around you what is bitcoin, how its operates and it benefits.
And the easiest way to let all your friends know about bitcoin is by using social media sites e.g. Facebook or Twitter.
Skol600ml

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:31:27 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 09:52:06 PM by Skol600ml

A massive use for a coin that needs about US 4.00 (this barely adopted as coin) to transfer as fee is hilarious. Roll Eyes
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:34:35 PM

First is creating awareness for the people around you.
Tell the people around you what is bitcoin, how its operates and it benefits.
And the easiest way to let all your friends know about bitcoin is by using social media sites e.g. Facebook or Twitter.

Honestly, I see no reason to "push" the use of Bitcoin. Some friends know that I use it and invest in it, and I'm happy to answer any questions they have. But I'm hesitant to promote it to people given its speculative nature. I hate the idea of people blaming me for their financial losses (even though I am very clear when I talk about it that there is risk in investing).

The fact is that Bitcoin's network effect is all that is required. It is continually spreading, and the "S-curve" of adoption is occurring as we speak. We don't need to do anything more; the wheels are already in motion.

linenoise

Activity: 304
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 10:38:10 PM

A massive use for a coin that needs about US 4.00 (this barely adopted as coin) to transfer as fee is hilarious. Roll Eyes
The fee is starting to be rather noticeable. The credit card fee of 3% is almost preferable for smaller transactions.  Hopefully this will correct itself in time to keep bitcoin competitive with other payment options.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 11:08:58 PM

Theres no need to push the actual use of bitcoin users nowadays will advertise the bitcoin it self it is like you were gonna invite someone just to use the investment you were using special altcoins that needs investments, day by day people shows intertest to use it and that is why the demand and the volume of bitcoin is getting more higher than the past years. But ofcourse give them advices on how they can usually use thier coins for the better one.

djgtr

Activity: 951

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:56:56 AM

Theres no need to push the actual use of bitcoin users nowadays will advertise the bitcoin it self it is like you were gonna invite someone just to use the investment you were using special altcoins that needs investments, day by day people shows intertest to use it and that is why the demand and the volume of bitcoin is getting more higher than the past years. But ofcourse give them advices on how they can usually use thier coins for the better one.
yes but for me sharing to others is one of the bestway to push the actual use of bitcoin.sharing all advantage  and the benefits of using bitcoin can lead to push it to the actual use of it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: