Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:48:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we push the actual use of Bitcoin ?  (Read 8600 times)
Crytpozer0

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:59:01 PM

I think we cannot do much as regular investors and regular people if the miners and big investors rule the price of bitcoin and helping with the volatility, this way bitcoin in my opinion will also never be used in real life, it is supposed to be decentralized but there are too many people manipulating the price

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wandika

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:13:29 PM

I think we cannot do much as regular investors and regular people if the miners and big investors rule the price of bitcoin and helping with the volatility, this way bitcoin in my opinion will also never be used in real life, it is supposed to be decentralized but there are too many people manipulating the price
It's hard when the business really needs to pay debts or loans and employees monthly or in an specific date. Having an stable income qill not be sufficient. Having a volatility can be fine as long as it never dips too much.

Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:14:45 PM

I and many others just hold their bitcoins and wait till it gets worth more. But that is not how a currency should work. A currency is meant to be used in daily trades for groceries and so on.

My question is how can we push the actual use of the bitcoin and what is nessacary to do that ?

I think first, we should wait till the scaling problem is hopefully solved in near future, because right now even if I had f.e. a grocery store, I would not accept Bitcoin as payment becasue of the confirmation time of the tx (I would hand out some coupons which can be bought for BTC)

After this problem is solved this would be my ideas, I hope you help me gather more:

• Convince organisations like amnesty international to accept bitcoin as donations
  • Convince big internet companies like amazon to accept payments via bitcoin, this should take a while but with some petitions they might consider it (propably better starting with some smaller companies)
  • Start accepting bitcoins yourself, not only on the interent but for example if you are a student and do some private tutoring, and have a small ad for you on a blackboard somewhere, you could print a "Bitcoin accepted" on it.
We do not actually need to evenly push bitcoin for it to be use in actual or real market because it has already made itself valuable that attracts many consumers and even potential investors to go engage and involve with it. The actual usage of bitcoin will be just depending on the people if they have successfully satisfy their craving or standard to get in touch with a certain thing for wide usage. Though you have just stated various ways to persuade many people and even companies, I think it do not even need to be pushed, it is just they have to fully accept it for it to be able to be use in actual.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:25:42 PM

There is no reason to push the use of Bitcoin and I do not know why you guys always push that agenda. It is going to make its way in as fast as it will and that is fine. There is nothing that we are going to get out of it being used more that we have not gotten already and there is no reason to push it. Bitcoin will make it way in the society naturally and automatically with time.

I agree.  It's already happening.  The 'tipping point' will come and then BTC will be everywhere.
It's already happening btc has become popular in any ways as today. With the bitcoin value that grows daily it is pushing the normal way. It has been adapting by more users that bitcoin become well known. So  others it is been using already.
Asians and Africans have not fully figured out about Bitcoin since there are still many who are not yet literate about the internet in asia and africa.

Well that's looking well beyond the regular use of bitcoin and probably one day it can be adressed. But right now, let's just look at how we can promote.it within our own communities. Im positive that more people have at least heard of bitcoin so it's not going to be as hard as a few years ago

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
kamotharnn

Activity: 229

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:41:30 PM

It is hard to push the actual use of bitcoin in this year. The price of bitcoin is very high which make more people hold their bitcoin instead of spending it. And if the price keeps going up, bitcoin will become a term of investment and people will not use bitcoin as a currency anymore. They will hold bitcoin for profit and it will cause a lot of negative effects to bitcoin and its technology. Bitcoin was meant to be a currency, not a form of investment
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:56:09 PM

There is no need of a pushing, let it grow on the gradual manner as it's now. If this needs to be promoted already several advertising might have been done, but in reality the growth is enormous and trustful through word of mouth rather than other means of promotion.
It is actually true. We do not need to put so much effort on making Bitcoin as a time of transaction. Becasue it system could make it possible. We just need to continue our support through it system in terms of using Bitcoin in transactions, investments and trading that actually also give us an opportunity to earn at the same time.
Skyborn

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:05:20 PM

There is no need of a pushing, let it grow on the gradual manner as it's now. If this needs to be promoted already several advertising might have been done, but in reality the growth is enormous and trustful through word of mouth rather than other means of promotion.
It is actually true. We do not need to put so much effort on making Bitcoin as a time of transaction. Becasue it system could make it possible. We just need to continue our support through it system in terms of using Bitcoin in transactions, investments and trading that actually also give us an opportunity to earn at the same time.
I agree that there's no need of pushing the adoption of bitcoin. The adoption will come over time. The system still isn't perfect but we're getting there. I also don't  think that the majority if the population is ready for the change yet.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:30:19 AM

I think that the only way to make people feel more confortable using bitcoin is just by promoting it, doesnt matter where, but it has to be more pushed and promoted on the TV, mass social media websites, like facebook, twitter, instagram, etc.
That is the only way to make it more popular/useful. And this is far the best option that i can suggest for it.
Promoting bitcoin can make it more popular but it is not going to make it more useful, that needs to come from the devs and the recent upgrades to bitcoin have that aim in mind, especially the lighting network that will augment the capacity of handling transactions from 2 transactions per second to millions of transactions per second when that happens bitcoin is going to be ready for the adoption we have been waiting for.
when a btc user starts to do actual business that accepts btc then little by little it can ba acquired and tried by many btc users and will soon be in numbers of those who accepts btc as payment in their business. It should be wtart by those who know the power of btc.
As I have said this is going to come when the fees get smaller and the confirmations are faster, at this moment it does not make much sense to start a small business online that accepts bitcoin, since the fees are so high that people are not going to buy your products because the fee of the transaction is so much higher than the product you are selling.
Schuyler

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:25:19 AM

Regularly using bitcoin even for small purchases would amount to something big if done by many individuals. We should not just hold everything and allot a small portion also for payment. The more transactions that are being processed, the bigger the influence of bitcoin would be. It might be small steps taken but at least we are doing our share of making bitcoin more and more visible to a wider audience.
Forhadm

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:21:28 AM

I accept bitcoins myself & no other options if the seller don't offer bitcoin payment. I insist on it, if he don't show my investing,I don't do business with that seller and skip to another one also i want to say we can push the actual use of bitcoin.
severaldetails

Activity: 959

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:17:53 AM

Regularly using bitcoin even for small purchases would amount to something big if done by many individuals. We should not just hold everything and allot a small portion also for payment. The more transactions that are being processed, the bigger the influence of bitcoin would be. It might be small steps taken but at least we are doing our share of making bitcoin more and more visible to a wider audience.
I think that is exactly the problem with bitcoin. The more it gets attention, the more people buy it, and the higher the price. And the less it becomes really used.
In the end, we are all here for the money. And using a good that increases its value, that is nothing people do when they want to earn money.
I really do not see a realistic way out for bitcoin that leads back from being an investment to being used as a form of payment again.
Nascor

Activity: 197

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:28:51 AM

the market capitlization is too big to push anything.. unless you have several millions and coordinate all of them to buy/sell, it's not possible
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:38:12 AM

I agree with you, we are not suppose to just hold, because if BTC wants a future, it needs practical value, and can't just be used for trade. The thing is, that I think bitcoin utility will come on a natural way as the coin gets some more development. As soon as the Lightning Network gets implemented, I think the utility of BTC will just grow exponentially. They will be able to compete with paypal, mastercard and visa, in terms of transaction speed, so yes, they can be used for normal grocery buys after that (I heard UBER will accept BTC in a near future).
We should not simply keep holding bitcoins in our wallets for future purposes, if we want bitcoins to continue the legacy we should use them in trading and buying selling things off and on.

Bitcoins are having the potential of becoming international currency and that’s good news if Uber if going to accept bitcoins.
Vikingr

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:57:17 PM

I agree with you, we are not suppose to just hold, because if BTC wants a future, it needs practical value, and can't just be used for trade. The thing is, that I think bitcoin utility will come on a natural way as the coin gets some more development. As soon as the Lightning Network gets implemented, I think the utility of BTC will just grow exponentially. They will be able to compete with paypal, mastercard and visa, in terms of transaction speed, so yes, they can be used for normal grocery buys after that (I heard UBER will accept BTC in a near future).
We should not simply keep holding bitcoins in our wallets for future purposes, if we want bitcoins to continue the legacy we should use them in trading and buying selling things off and on.

Bitcoins are having the potential of becoming international currency and that’s good news if Uber if going to accept bitcoins.
We can only push the actual use of Bitcoin only if we start using Bitcoin in our daily lives ourselves. Just buying and holding of Bitcoin will not serve the purpose. You need to make the best possible use of Bitcoin in day trading so that many other individuals may get benefit from it as well.
fasdorcas

Merit: 527

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:02:57 AM

I think it would be through advertisement. Maybe we could advertise Bitcoin and address it to the people through television commercials, radio commercials, billboards, flyers etc. Through this, people will be curious and will research on about it.

Advertisement will be a big help but if we will look back at the beginnings of bitcoin. There's no advertisement, it's all about internet and it's great future. But at this moment, advertisements will be a very good way to push the usage of bitcoin especially if someone influential will try to say good things about bitcoin and attracts people to use it.
Since we are in the digital age and bitcoin is a digital currency, might as well make use of the power of digital media. Everybody something goes viral and gets shared a thousand times. An ad about bitcoin, something interesting, could go viral if done creatively. But the question is who would take the lead in coming up with such an ad. Local exchanges are doing their thing with promos here and there but that is a small step towards more recognition of bitcoin.

Social media's are very powerful in our times, when something gets popular everyone will be on it. Like facebook's popularity, I've seen videos of bitcoin spread on the network and there are so many people that are asking about it. There's no need to take the lead about advertisement as everyone of us can do it alone by sharing our thoughts or sharing videos about btc.
Social media will be a great way or bridge for bitcoin to connect to the people who are not aware of what is bitcoin because if we are going to observe on what is currently happening in the social media, we can see that it is very easy for the people to share some thoughts and the video or pictures that they like and if we are going to use it for bitcoin then popularity of bitcoin can grow in a huge numbers.

People spend more time by standing at their social media accounts, following their favorite actors/actresses and their favorite meme pages. And by using those medias for the actual push of bitcoin's usage it's very possible to happen. We can reach those people that are not aware of bitcoin with it and it's no hassle and effortless.
I am also against pushing anything. When the time will be right, all that is meant to happen will happen. Doing it before time can actually produce negative results! As bitcoin has already made this far so we should show more trust in its strength and have some patience. Let the time handle this.
Seansky

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:45:42 AM

I am also against pushing anything. When the time will be right, all that is meant to happen will happen. Doing it before time can actually produce negative results! As bitcoin has already made this far so we should show more trust in its strength and have some patience. Let the time handle this.
Well im against not pushing anything because if we will not start using bitcoin the way it really meant to be and push it's actual use when will we start? Satoshi meant for this coin to be used as micropayments, or a method to pay someone online but I rarely see users who actually use it for that purpose since most use it to gain profit from pumps and dumps. In order to push the actual use we must first slowly start by using bitcoin ourselves for peer to peer trades more and in a weekly or monthly basis.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:49:26 PM

I know we are having a slow groth among the merchants around the world about awareneess of Bitcoin but I think, we shold work under a targeted stratagy focusing on the merchants and it will indirectly grab eyeballs of the potential Bitcoin users and will boost the user base down the road.

In my country, there are currently two major exchanges are both of them are working to build such awarness amount the potential users of Bitcoin. Even though less than 1% of the population have ever heard about Bitcoin but such practices would defineatly help to inculcate Bitcoin and blockchain technology.
I believe the community has done enough, for once let’s stop trying to convince people to get into Bitcoin and focus on ourselves. Like seriously, you ain’tgonna force people to do what you wish them to. Just focus on your business, and when they see you getting rich and being the coolest person in the neighborhood, they will be forced to join, though it might be late.
lanyounanhai

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:20:27 PM

I know we are having a slow groth among the merchants around the world about awareneess of Bitcoin but I think, we shold work under a targeted stratagy focusing on the merchants and it will indirectly grab eyeballs of the potential Bitcoin users and will boost the user base down the road.

In my country, there are currently two major exchanges are both of them are working to build such awarness amount the potential users of Bitcoin. Even though less than 1% of the population have ever heard about Bitcoin but such practices would defineatly help to inculcate Bitcoin and blockchain technology.
but exchanges do not mean that bitcoin is being use with the right purposes. As you can see, bitcoin right now is being hold as a type of investment and no one seems to care about the potential that it can change the currency system. If you want to push the actual use of bitcoin, bitcoin holders need to use it as a daily currency
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:42:19 PM

Do it passively, when you're buying whatever you're buying always ask first if they accept bitcoin, and basically everyone should be doing this. That way we'll be informing businesses and letting them know that there are people using bitcoin out there so they'll have that on their mind next time. Also, I've been going around and asking the people in charge, of some companies I use, why haven't they adopted bitcoin and the two most common answers were fees back then and in some cases transactions.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Qastessa

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:06:01 PM

It's hard when the business really needs to pay debts or loans and employees monthly or in an specific date. Having an stable income qill not be sufficient. Having a volatility can be fine as long as it never dips too much.
Well I would like to say that the bitcoin is now popular because we made it popular by doing hard work such as posting about bitcoin in this forum and convincing people to invest in bitcoin so I think the positive things happen when we show determination to do it so advertizing bitcoin on social media, spreading knowledge about bitcoin and making the people aware about the benefits of the bitcoin will push the bitcoin towards peak of the increasing price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: