Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:12:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER Fixed-Price Auction: 50 Block Erupter Blades -everyone won, SEE OP-  (Read 59560 times)
americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 06:56:06 PM

My blade is in Customs (Ireland) and they are looking for a proof of purchase. How am I supposed to handle this? I PM'd friedcat yesterday but got no reply. Others who got their blades must have encountered this. Do you get an invoice from friedcat or tell them you payed in Bitcoin?

Most customs authorities operate the same way around the world, if they don't believe the customs declaration they ask for proof of purchase. I have gotten stuff from China before and been asked for proof of purchase but I had a paypal receipt to show, I have zilch to show for the blade. Any advice would be great because I am quite worried right now.

They have a invoice for 39 attached to the package.. It should be inside that transparent pouch where DHl puts the waybill..
Let the DHL team know about it.!

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
americandesi

Activity: 518

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:02:48 PM

What is the average uptime of a blade? Is it normal it reboots after 1.5 - 2 days of uptime?  Huh

Does anyone experience this too?  Undecided
The blade also restarts if it is not getting work from the proxy. How are you connected to the network and what is the latency when you ping the blade from your machine.?

I had this problem when i was using a faulty Ethernet cable until i brought a new one.!

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
WinTame2012

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 07:05:04 PM

This is not a single issue with BE blades and customs. IMHO friedcat might consider specifying more reasonable (from customs p.o.v.) value around $129.

May the WinTame Power be with you!
http://wintame.com
corrow

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:30:10 PM

Well, I am sure it is not a heating/cooling problem. I use 3x 12mm fans, two direct on the heatsink and one blowing air from aside for a good airflow. The heatsink stays cool and the blade shows a nice hasrate and efficiency. Could be a power issue... Huh   That idea I hardly believe, I use a proper PSU (500W). Or am I wrong?

Which power lines from the PSU are you using?  A single molex line might have problems (since those usually run a harddrive or cdrom + might be lower gauge). Does your power supply have one of the 6 pin video card connectors? You should try using both of the + and - terminals if you haven't already.

- Good suggestion, I am gonna try that! Thank god the PSU came with a 6-pins GPU connector! Smiley

What is the average uptime of a blade? Is it normal it reboots after 1.5 - 2 days of uptime?  Huh

The blade also restarts if it is not getting work from the proxy. How are you connected to the network and what is the latency when you ping the blade from your machine.?

I had this problem when i was using a faulty Ethernet cable until i brought a new one.!

- Well I run the stratum mining proxy of Slush in windows. The DOS-box look fine to me: it is receiving get-work and sending proof-of-work. And also I setupped a backup get-work server in case when the local proxy is down.

PING Results:

10 packets transmitted, 10 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 2.459/9.687/21.463/7.679 ms

Pinging seems ok, maybe slightly high for a local network. I can't check the cable right now, because I don't have a spare one. It will be the first thing I will do, if the 6-pins operation doesn't bring the solution to this problem.
mazza

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:44:43 PM

My blade is in Customs (Ireland) and they are looking for a proof of purchase. How am I supposed to handle this? I PM'd friedcat yesterday but got no reply. Others who got their blades must have encountered this. Do you get an invoice from friedcat or tell them you payed in Bitcoin?

Most customs authorities operate the same way around the world, if they don't believe the customs declaration they ask for proof of purchase. I have gotten stuff from China before and been asked for proof of purchase but I had a paypal receipt to show, I have zilch to show for the blade. Any advice would be great because I am quite worried right now.

They have a invoice for 39 attached to the package.. It should be inside that transparent pouch where DHl puts the waybill..
Let the DHL team know about it.!

The problem is they don't believe the price. Unless the invoice you mention shows a higher value than $39 and details how much for the item and how much for the shipping, it's not going to fly with them. I'll mention it to DHL the next time I contact them but based on past experience I doubt they will accept it. Any idea what might happen if I can't produce a proof of purchase? Do they put their own value on it or maybe just destroy the item  Sad

This is not a single issue with BE blades and customs. IMHO friedcat might consider specifying more reasonable (from customs p.o.v.) value around $129.
Yes I agree. I think the value should have been put above $150 to be believable. Customs know that International shipping is not cheap, particularly express.
Jazeon

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:28:03 AM

Google translator:

If you are not a business, you can lose your proof of payment. The European Union does not have the duty of keeping such documents. You write that you ordered the toy example that generates random numbers to play Warhammer and fellows from China I bought you asking for shipping to Ireland. You do not have proof of purchase, because there you bought. The device is used for your fun, consisting of PCB + heatsink and is worth about $ 40. Besides asking for fast shipping, because you are downhill fans of Warhammer and the generator is you absolutely necessary.
 Smiley
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:32:43 PM

i have mine running for 6 days + now .. no reboot .. all good
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:58:58 PM

This is not the solution. Customs has asked me for proof of payment via PAYPALL and the like. And the price of $ 1000 is not adequate proof. The solution is a $ 39 payment via PayPal. Customs show pictures PayPal orders and customs would accept as adequate proof of payment. It is definitely a solution.
WinTame2012

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 07:16:56 PM

This is not the solution. Customs has asked me for proof of payment via PAYPALL and the like. And the price of $ 1000 is not adequate proof. The solution is a $ 39 payment via PayPal. Customs show pictures PayPal orders and customs would accept as adequate proof of payment. It is definitely a solution.
What if I've paid not via PayPal?

Lucky - Luciano

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:49:20 PM

What if I've paid not via PayPal?
     It is important to me personally we can prove that we paid $ 39. Customs has asked of me, and I quote DHL worker "proof of payment via PayPal or something." They asked me to show them my account where they can see that I paid $ 39. They say it is the only valid proof of payment.
Jazeon

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:02:11 AM

Maybe the solution is the price of 1 USD + 49 BTC?
We have proof of payment for 1 USD and customs are happy Smiley
Sztef89

Activity: 72

Bitcoin maniac ;)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:27:19 AM

Why friedcat not responding?
I ordered another Block Erupter Blade, since I paid then I have no contact with friedcat... 2 days...

Beer: 16NGGxmChWfC6LWzd3txZBf6jrBeVoMZpF
Lucky - Luciano

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:52:47 AM

Good idea. I would suggest 49.5 BTC + $ 39.
gsmline

Activity: 108

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:52:48 PM

friedcat drinking vodka in Hawaii after the last sale
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 02:06:07 PM

Good idea. I would suggest 49.5 BTC + $ 39.

lol then they charge you 20% vat on that...  no...

try looking up sample invoices online, fill it out with $39 and the details of the company in china or whatever and send it to them
cimpex

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:58:30 PM

don't use too low values - customs won't believe that will ask for a payment statement.
if they want a statement for the payment and you have paid in bitcoins only...wish you good luck explaining them your bitcoin payment. as statement not only paypal statements could be used. they just want a statement for a money transfer in FIAT (paypal, skrill, bank account,...).

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         █████████████████████████▄   
       ███████                 ██████
     ██████                      ██████
    █████      ███████████▄        ████
   ████      █████████████▀         ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
 █████     ████     ▄▄▄      ███     ████
 █████     ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ██████    ████      ███
  ████     █████   ▀▀▀▀     ████     ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
   ████      █████████████▄         ████
    █████      ███████████▀        ████
     ██████                       ████
       ██████
         ██████████████████████▄
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SKYFchain
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
cchan

Activity: 379

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:14:33 PM

My blade restarted after 3 days' continous mining.
I'm not sure if there are any problems with it. Hope it is ok.

restart after 1 day mining in BTC Guild. last time it was mining in slush pool.
Pinwheel

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:49:24 PM

what price to declare is tricky question. what is OK for one country can be overpay for another, and they cant declare to Chines custom different value for same kind of goods each time they ship. I think it is not a price what trigger custom attention, but description of good  "BE PCB board" maybe it suits friedcat for passing Chinese custom, but may sound puzzling for Wester customs. If description of goods will be for example as "Computer parts/components" that may help to pass custom with better success

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
WinTame2012

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 08:00:00 PM

what price to declare is tricky question. what is OK for one country can be overpay for another, and they cant declare to Chines custom different value for same kind of goods each time they ship. I think it is not a price what trigger custom attention, but description of good  "BE PCB board" maybe it suits friedcat for passing Chinese custom, but may sound puzzling for Wester customs. If description of goods will be for example as "Computer parts/components" that may help to pass custom with better success
I'd vote for 'computer parts', it worked for me many times.

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:18:25 PM

i said chip boards and worked with no problems
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: