Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:01:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OmiseGo  (Read 206813 times)
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:30:36 AM

OmiseGo  not asking community in reddit to find a customers. They DO it, opening a new office in Singapore is a good step forward from any side of view.

Have you seen these offices? ))
Why would a decentralised blockchain need offices for customers?

Yes I saw an office in Singapore. New one.

Omise  is a startup company which raised back in 2013 , 45 millions $$$.

I will buy more OMG.

Buy low sell high. Low now, high later....Seems simple, but few will do it.

You're right but it's not for everybody. Some just hold Wink

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
_Ini_

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:41:33 PM

If it is like this, then it would be only Asia. But I never saw an Omise retailer in Asia, did anyone else? If so they should clearify this, I mean it is a big plus point for them. At the moment it looks like that they only provide online payment gateways. If somebody owns suchs a big plus point they would promote it. So it still looks very suspicious.

Or do I go to the partner Pizza company and give my money to them that they put it on the blockchain?

I contacted them, let's see if they answer.

That's usually how it works with money transmitters.  They use independent contractors that are already retail establishments so they can earn a little extra gravy.  The advantage here is Omise already has that built out so they don't have to start from the ground up unlike other blockchain-based money transmitters.  It's not easy.

BTW, I don't own any OMG as the price is WAY ahead of reality.  It's just Chinese gamblers FOMO again.  Some day they will learn how to value a business.

But hey, its free tokens!  Add it to the shitcoin pile.  You never know.

I think you miss that Pizza Company will most likely not like to buy more OMG tokens because they would give away their solid company to some kind of rypto gambling. OMG looks highly suspicious. So far also no answer from them.
nlrobbie

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:01:58 PM

So i invested 700 euro in a shit coin?
_Ini_

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:04:40 PM

^ It's good to be skeptical - however the same things you raise caution for can be said about a LOT of the new coins that pumped. Hardly any have actual product and the ones that do also take big dips along their journey. At the end of the day all the variables are in place for this to go moon more and more as 2018 approaches, and at the same time yes it can plummet just as easily as any other coin however many other coins are seemingly worthless compared to OMG yet they are skyrocketing.

Sry but releasing a few big eyecatching headlines and giving no information about it is no policy of a company that is valid to gain trust.
_Ini_

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:16:08 PM

Just like with PayPal you would have a balance on their service. You could continue to use the service as you have in the past or you could choose to instead redeem some or all of your balance for OMG tokens. The token would then hold claim against your balance until it was redeemed by someone else.

The question would remain on if they would value tokens 1:1 with an exchange rate or would instead have some sort of contract instead, i.e. this specific token for this address is worth $500. I do not believe they are expecting the actual deposits and redemption to be made outside of their network though if that is what you are asking.

With paypal you send your fiat money to a centralized company which then will hold your fiat money. In a peer to peer network, who do you send your fiat money to? maybe I did not got your point? Can you explain your sentence with an example?

It will not be a pure peer to peer network at first, as it will require some type of centralization, mainly utilizing the existing Omise infrastructure to on-ramp fiat into the blockchain as you keep referencing.

What are you talking about? The few offices or the Pizza company that will for sure not will give up their business for crypto-gambling.
stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:46:00 PM

OMG is one of the very few blockchain companies with actual real-world stuff out there.
They are more than just lines of codes.

I see too many too technical "techies" on this forum who do not get that what matters is the customer aquisition,not the code. (It is ok, it reminds me of my job :-) )

It is time to think "product" and "sales channel" for CAC. This is how the blockchain solutions will democratize.

Inho, OMG is worth way more than $1B

Bottom line is:
Speculatively, follow the tech-dudes. They pump coins early, and understandthe tech. Perfectto assess the foundations of a tech.

Long term: think in terms of business: what market, and how this tech can be acesses by the common people.
Currently focus is on China, I wonder when Africa will enter (huge market for unbanked blockchain solutions)

TheStrudeler

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:56:37 PM

Does anyone know what the ico price was ??....

1000 for 1 ETH
BitMaker1

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:50:57 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 07:11:48 PM by BitMaker1

OMG is one of the very few [Suspicious link removed]panies with actual real-world stuff out there.
They are more than just lines of codes.

I see too many too technical "techies" on this forum who do not get that what matters is the customer aquisition,not the code. (It is ok, it reminds me of my job :-) )

It is time to think "product" and "sales channel" for CAC. This is how the blockchain solutions will democratize.

Inho, OMG is worth way more than $1B

Bottom line is:
Speculatively, follow the tech-dudes. They pump coins early, and understandthe tech. Perfectto assess the foundations of a tech.

Long term: think in terms of business: what market, and how this tech can be acesses by the common people.
Currently focus is on China, I wonder when Africa will enter (huge market for unbanked blockchain solutions)

Hey, wake up! )

OMG - is token. Omise is a small local payment transmitter in Thailand. They don't have any blockchain at all !
The price of OMG is just pumped by Bitfinex's bots, "Vitalik is our advisor"-inspiration and by the crowd how wants to become very rich in notime.

There is no blockchain yet. There is nothing!

This thread is only 14 pages long (!) and no answers are given (by any Omise officials) to the questions from 1st post on 13th page. Nobody from omise has come up here and explain how their tech is going to work.

Here is a presentation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neCaG0LoKQ0

Now ask yourself why don't use bitcoin or etherium wallet apps to send coins to anyone? ))
Omise is not about crypto at all. It is all about e-wallet and money-transfer with 3.65% per transaction. They are 5-7 years late with this idea because there are tons of companies with e-wallets services out there.
And there was not a single word in a presentation about crypto-currencies. )

I consider it being a totally shittoken. Bubble)
TheStrudeler

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:04:31 PM

OmiseGo  not asking community in reddit to find a customers. They DO it, opening a new office in Singapore is a good step forward from any side of view.

Have you seen these offices? ))
Why would a decentralised blockchain need offices for customers?

Yes I saw an office in Singapore. New one.

Omise  is a startup company which raised back in 2013 , 45 millions $$$.

I will buy more OMG.

Buy low sell high. Low now, high later....Seems simple, but few will do it.

You're right but it's not for everybody. Some just hold Wink

I've been to Singapore 10+ times but never seen Omise... maybe this is a first Singapore office, or maybe I didn't stroll to the right street when i was there...  Roll Eyes
BitMaker1

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:19:30 PM

anyone who doesn't care about Omise, OmiseGo background and just want some easy money - google ANAL COIN. It rises 774% per day. I am serious ))
VampiricElder

Activity: 495
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:41:12 PM

Omg i just woke up and the price has doubled again 😎
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:45:20 PM

Whats so special about Omise and will it hit $20 by this week?

Campaign Manager (2018)
CryptoBoomers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 11:26:48 PM

$20 this week? Triple the MC from here in 7 days? I mean we've seen crazier but that's very ambitious. I do see $10 no problem though.

Here's the reddit ppl are active on you can get better intel there:
https://www.reddit.com/r/omise_go/

and https://www.reddit.com/r/OMGTraders/

BitMaker1

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:41:35 AM

$20 this week? Triple the MC from here in 7 days? I mean we've seen crazier but that's very ambitious. I do see $10 no problem though.

how much are you paid for all the rubbish you post? ))
_Ini_

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:06:12 AM

Maybe this is how Fiat money can get onto the blockchain. People pay via payment gateways that Omise already has ans will provide to get Fiat on too OmiseGo. Then they will maybe issue their own tokens that the company has on their exchange against Fiat and making a huge amount of money from which McDonalds in Asia will receive a good portion in order to cooperate.

But that would not clearify all statements that they claim OmiseGo can do. Furthermore this would be pretty bad for the ecosystem I think since this techology would only get adopted in Asia because of money and not about underlying technology.

Is there any channel where they answer questions, because they do not respond via mail?
CryptoBoomers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 03:53:23 AM

how much are you paid for all the rubbish you post? ))

10 dollhairs.

How much are you paid to bother ppl and bash coins? And while we're at it - why do you add '))' after your posts? If we don't see $10 you can attack me all you want lol but I'm just posting an opinion and sharing links since there's no official announcement etc. What's your issue I even brought the guy down to earth re his expectations?

Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:56:15 AM

Omg i just woke up and the price has doubled again 😎

Yeah this is really #OMG Grin
This coin is undervalue before but now it is really pumping.
No wonder soon it will go to the moon and the fact there's an airdrop for this coin.
For now, HODL it as it will take as far.
BitMaker1

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:37:17 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 08:16:59 AM by BitMaker1

Maybe this is how Fiat money can get onto the blockchain. People pay via payment gateways that Omise already has ans will provide to get Fiat on too OmiseGo. Then they will maybe issue their own tokens that the company has on their exchange against Fiat and making a huge amount of money from which McDonalds in Asia will receive a good portion in order to cooperate.

But that would not clearify all statements that they claim OmiseGo can do. Furthermore this would be pretty bad for the ecosystem I think since this techology would only get adopted in Asia because of money and not about underlying technology.

Is there any channel where they answer questions, because they do not respond via mail?

I think they will not respond because:

1. They are shoked by the price and couldn't dream even about a price of 1$
2. OmiseGo is only another e-wallet for fiat-transactions with standard fees 2-4% per transactions backed by blockchain tech.
3. Vitalik was probably an ico-advisor, because they used Etherium-eco system to distribute it's tokens.

Blockchain - will never be used for real-life transactions. Tangle (IOTA) tech is probabally the future.
Alichemicali

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:00:00 AM

I personally wouldn't buy OmiseGo for the current price, because it is too hyped at the moment and it started to gain traction a reasonable amount of time ago. Probably better to wait till it dips...
jamesdean35

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:51:44 PM

it s sucks.i buy it from 3 and sell it 6.I cant handle with that coin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: