Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:54:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OmiseGo  (Read 206813 times)
CryptoBoomers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 11:00:05 PM

I have jumped in at 5 and sold at 6.5. Why?

I think you're probably not going to see this dip today for too long. It spiked so much recently it needs time to breathe and refuel. Pull up the chart for NEO for the last 2-4 weeks and look at the rollercoaster ppl had to endure and not sell in order to reach todays numbers (and it's mostly based on a hype campaign vs actual product/usage in place and working with more to come plus a huge dev team).

It can't just keep going up. But that aside - you have to look at the whole eco-system too.
 - A LOT of coins got pumped like fuck recently.
 - BTC keeps hitting new ATH's.
 - The crazy spike was BOUND to correct, and now that it has, it's actually not nearly as bad as I expected. Might even dip down to the 5's still but I doubt it.
 - People are chasing the new sub $1 spikes before coming back to $5+ coins that are rapidly rising until they get FOMO from smart investors/traders grabbing this dip.
 - This thread isn't an actual announcement thread, in fact there isn't one, they've managed to get this far kind of under the radar compared to what others do/need to do.
 - The airdrop that's about to happen to all ETH wallets is going to create mass awareness/appeal which will probably introduce tons of new money.
 - I can keep adding to this but I'll stop here.

There is a good race going on for top 10 status among 5 or so coins that are climbing the ranks fast (I mean ones that will stay there not climb then dip forever)..

Now that this round of pumps is relaxing, and pretty much ALL the coins that were pumped are correcting, it's just a matter of time before it reverses and keeps hitting new ATH's. Only thing standing in the way right now is TIME.

TLDR; HODL.

rundmc214

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:01:15 PM

Its going pretty hard so I've been in for a few tokens for a few weeks. wish I could have got in sooner.  Sad
Miner2525

Activity: 204

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:03:16 PM

- They say it is decentralised.. How, if all it's business would depends on an App in Google play Market and AppStore, that are controlled by US legislation? US Authorities can just ban Omise app in both appstores in case they would aware of ONE US citizen would have made a fiat transfer using a service that doesn't comply to KYC. This is what happened to BTC-E exchange recently. Is OmiseGo blockchain going to run on Omise infrastructure? Decentralised ?? Hmm...

Ehhh, BTC-E was run by the usual Russian criminal who was also laundering the huge Mt. Gox theft.  KYC is hardly legal grounds to do arrests or shut down a business -- it's just regulatory compliance B.S..  There's much bigger fish to fry with the limited resources law enforcement has.  Would you have preferred nothing was done about recovering the Mt. Gox theft?  A lot of Bitcoin millionaires lost that status due to it.

I share your overall skepticism about OMG, though.
VampiricElder

Activity: 495
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:04:06 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2017, 11:14:13 PM by VampiricElder

This was posted on the Omisego founder's twitter page, nice slideshow
https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/junpowerdesign/omisego-why-tackle-ewallet

My recent twitter poll shows most people are expecting OMG to hit $10 to $25 in the next 7 days, dont forget there will be an announcement coming this month soon. Buying more at these prices while i still can
BitMaker1

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:31:41 PM

I think you're probably not going to see this dip today for too long. It spiked so much recently it needs time to breathe and refuel. Pull up the chart for NEO for the last 2-4 weeks and look at the rollercoaster ppl had to endure and not sell in order to reach todays numbers (and it's mostly based on a hype campaign vs actual product/usage in place and working with more to come plus a huge dev team).

It can't just keep going up. But that aside - you have to look at the whole eco-system too.
 - The crazy spike was BOUND to correct, and now that it has, it's actually not nearly as bad as I expected. Might even dip down to the 5's still but I doubt it.
 - People are chasing the new sub $1 spikes before coming back to $5+ coins that are rapidly rising until they get FOMO from smart investors/traders grabbing this dip.
 - This thread isn't an actual announcement thread, in fact there isn't one, they've managed to get this far kind of under the radar compared to what others do/need to do.
 - The airdrop that's about to happen to all ETH wallets is going to create mass awareness/appeal which will probably introduce tons of new money.

There is a good race going on for top 10 status among 5 or so coins that are climbing the ranks fast (I mean ones that will stay there not climb then dip forever)..

Now that this round of pumps is relaxing, and pretty much ALL the coins that were pumped are correcting, it's just a matter of time before it reverses and keeps hitting new ATH's. Only thing standing in the way right now is TIME.

TLDR; HODL.

The crowd can pump it to 8-9-10++ $ but i think that it runs out of gas for now. Early 5,6,7$ - investors  will want to get more informed about OMG and I am afraid there is nothing real behind OMG (no app, no blockchain..) right now and Omise seems to be a very small local asian player.
VampiricElder

Activity: 495
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:35:44 PM

TLDR; HODL.

The crowd can pump it to 8-9-10++ $ but i think that it runs out of gas for now. Early 5,6,7$ - investors  will want to get more informed about OMG and I am afraid there is nothing real behind OMG (no app, no blockchain..) right now and Omise seems to be a very small local asian player.

Just a reminder, this is one of two projects Vitalik is advisor for. Omise is an established buisiness already. They are collaborating with McDonalds in Thailand. As for product, the white paper clearly states 4th quarter 2017, with roadmap going in to 2018. We are looking at a $50+ coin by the end of the year, and if you can stake a coin worth that much with POS, alot of us are going to be making alot of money. HODL!
BitMaker1

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:48:12 PM

Just a reminder, this is one of two projects Vitalik is advisor for. Omise is an established buisiness already. They are collaborating with McDonalds in Thailand. As for product, the white paper clearly states 4th quarter 2017, with roadmap going in to 2018. We are looking at a $50+ coin by the end of the year, and if you can stake a coin worth that much with POS, alot of us are going to be making alot of money. HODL!

1. Vitalik is a nice Russian boy )) And he could give an "advice" to Omise to use his photo and name on Omise's website for 400 000 coins that he could has already happily sold at 7$ and raise XX millions $. )) Why not? ))
2. Is there any proof about OmiseGO and macDonalds? Dont you think you are mistaken existing Omise payment service and non-existent OmiseGO - blockchian?
3. Roadmap is not more than a set of "wishes" on a paper. They are not obliged to strictly follow it ))

I would love to see the price of 50 it would make me many $$$$ ))
CryptoBoomers

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 11:52:50 PM

^ It's good to be skeptical - however the same things you raise caution for can be said about a LOT of the new coins that pumped. Hardly any have actual product and the ones that do also take big dips along their journey. At the end of the day all the variables are in place for this to go moon more and more as 2018 approaches, and at the same time yes it can plummet just as easily as any other coin however many other coins are seemingly worthless compared to OMG yet they are skyrocketing.

BitMaker1

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:09:12 AM

^ It's good to be skeptical - however the same things you raise caution for can be said about a LOT of the new coins that pumped. Hardly any have actual product and the ones that do also take big dips along their journey. At the end of the day all the variables are in place for this to go moon more and more as 2018 approaches, and at the same time yes it can plummet just as easily as any other coin however many other coins are seemingly worthless compared to OMG yet they are skyrocketing.

You are talking about the price and moon and expectations. I am asking about technology behind OMG which doesn't even yet exist.
CryptoBoomers

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 12:34:02 AM

Well they don't exist yet so how can one answer? I'm comparing it to other coins 'wishes' and roadmaps and tech that doesn't exist either and or is MUCH farther behind and lacks a real biz or team.. Yes this is tied to an existing business that's proven, established, and profitable and adding new branches to it via crypto. You are positioning this as some long term PnD or sneaky price hype campaign in a subtle way, which is wrong. Nobody can reassure you of your concerns or fears of this coins potential downside or news you're dismissing.

BitMaker1

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:44:06 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 12:56:23 AM by BitMaker1

And here are my last 5cents to the topic))

Has anyone seen OmiseGo founder said something like "we introduce you world changing technology"?
No. They told they are aiming at poor thai people that don't have access to bank services but have smartphones )
Why would everyone decided it is a groundbreaking solution? Because Vitalik's photo on Omise website? Is Vitalik aware? )))

Look at Dash and Litecoin prices. They managed to go as high as they are. And their programmers could be very good "advisors" for any startup, but both dash and litecoin prices are frozen and at last month levels. Looks like "good advisors" need some good "advisors" themselves now.

And....OMG is not a coin. It is a token. There is a big difference.

Good luck to all!  )
dennyd999

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:47:43 AM

At first i wanted to join rally. Then, I started to search for the information about OMG. And I am really surprised how many youtube "experts" talk about omg.

All they could tell in favour of omg is:

- Omise is company that have 6000+ clients??? Are you serious about 6000 only??? Does Omise provide its services to a couple of villages in Thai?
- Vitalik gave Omise a couple of "free" advices Smiley Probably on Skype Smiley
- Omise has offices in Thai, Japan, Singapore, etc Are they all 10 square meter offices with a table and a coffee machine? Smiley

Is a good client base actualy. Maybe you do not understand it right, but 6000 company as a clients is really good base. And also they negotiating with a McDonalds.
Maybe not all companies from 6000 are so big and strong as a McDonalds, but for me is enough evidence that they have a real access to market.

Offices in Pacific Asia (Thai,Japan,Singapore) is a real way for customers.

A lot of top 10 coins have only twitter,facebook, reddit accounts and only speak about real usage.Some of them trying to push community and trying to manipulate them and asking them to find customers for real usage  Cheesy

OmiseGo  not asking community in reddit to find a customers. They DO it, opening a new office in Singapore is a good step forward from any side of view.

Also Ethereum is no doubt supporting OmiseGo. Vitalic always trying to create something intresting to make Ethereum even more good competitor. And yesterday he spoke at Ethereum meetup at Tokyo and how he see OmiseGo with PoS in ETH mainnet.

If you want you can find details from this meetup.

Have you heard about Airdrop?

Just imagine every corporation in EEA (Ethereum Enterprise Alliance including Mastercard) will receive OMG tokens. This is probably the best marketing I have ever seen.

Do you heard about Plasma.io?

OmiseGo will be the first token in this fascinating project.
CryptoBoomers

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 12:53:17 AM

"Let's pay Vitalik to use his name, then he can dump onto the market and kill our coin and we can make quick money" ... is what you're saying is happening lol. I really don't think him being involved is the make/break variable bruh (plus, he's VERY well off, I don't think he takes bribes or handouts to abuse his name at will. I met him in person and he's quite the humble timid guy).

We're on the same page. I don't think there's anything revolutionary about ANY of the new coins, just the way the teams are utilizing the tech, blockchain, assigning it to real world usage, etc. which I think they are indeed doing faster/better than other alts.

BitMaker1

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:02:29 AM

OmiseGo  not asking community in reddit to find a customers. They DO it, opening a new office in Singapore is a good step forward from any side of view.

Have you seen these offices? ))
Why would a decentralised blockchain need offices for customers?
dennyd999

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:07:55 AM

Yes I saw an office in Singapore. New one.

Omise  is a startup company which raised back in 2013 , 45 millions $$$.

I will buy more OMG.

BitMaker1

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:11:09 AM

".....then he can dump onto the market and kill our coin and we can make quick money"

What do you think ICO is? It is exchanging some computer code for real money. This is what OMISE does right now giving you hundreds thousand of tokens every day in exchange of your money. )

CryptoBoomers

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 01:12:36 AM

^ Totally went over your head dude. Let's just agree to disagree and you can continue with your selective comprehension.

BitMaker1

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:17:41 AM

Omise  is a startup company which raised back in 2013 , 45 millions $$$.

I will buy more OMG.
https://i.imgur.com/ObkelW3.jpg

"Omise - online pxxxxxxxx for everyone". This is what they really are for now. A "centralised" and regulated by local government money transmitting service charging 3.65% per transaction somewhere in thailand and singapore Period

Omise is business which aims to earn money! This is why this tech will never be huge. All they want is money ))
Vitalik is not a businessman and he was driven by another idea....
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:11:34 AM

Just like with PayPal you would have a balance on their service. You could continue to use the service as you have in the past or you could choose to instead redeem some or all of your balance for OMG tokens. The token would then hold claim against your balance until it was redeemed by someone else.

The question would remain on if they would value tokens 1:1 with an exchange rate or would instead have some sort of contract instead, i.e. this specific token for this address is worth $500. I do not believe they are expecting the actual deposits and redemption to be made outside of their network though if that is what you are asking.

With paypal you send your fiat money to a centralized company which then will hold your fiat money. In a peer to peer network, who do you send your fiat money to? maybe I did not got your point? Can you explain your sentence with an example?

It will not be a pure peer to peer network at first, as it will require some type of centralization, mainly utilizing the existing Omise infrastructure to on-ramp fiat into the blockchain as you keep referencing.

The other avenue they are pursuing appears to be that they will also be using external (again meaning centralized) exchanges to kick-start the OMG token, which their longer-term plan is to supplant, or at least coexist with, a decentralized blockchain exchange.

There is no magic want to get from our current fiat system to a pure peer-to-peer system as it requires value and trust. The value will initially come from external and yes centralized entities, but their hope is over-time OMG develops the trust to take on a more decentralized approach.

Demanding that someone come up with all the answers at the onset of a project is foolhardy. As long as they have a long term vision and the current infrastructure to support it, I am sure they will work out the issues over time. I am not claiming they will necessarily be successful, but they are one of the very few ICO projects that have a plan and the means to start executing in a meaningful way.
skidog
Legendary

Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:14:09 AM

Omise  is a startup company which raised back in 2013 , 45 millions $$$.

I will buy more OMG.

Buy low sell high. Low now, high later....Seems simple, but few will do it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: