Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:37:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: JKC - The Scrypt Coin with Super Blocks  (Read 33139 times)
niteryder

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:52:45 PM

I have an announcement to make.

Due to time restraints with family and work, niteryder has given me the http://jkc.allpoolz.com pool.

I could not allow him to give it to me, so I personally paid him a nice sum for the pool .I believe he should be paid for all the work he has done. A pool is also a business and as a business person, I could not just accept  a business for free.

The bounty on the pool has also been paid to niteryder, as he did complete the requirements for collecting the bounty.

So, as of now I own/run jkc.allpoolz.com pool.

For now nothing will change, but I will be moving the pool unto one of my VPS. niteryder has graciously allowed me the use of domain name and when I am ready to switch over will change the DNS record to point to the new domain. When niteryder wishes to have the domain back, I will make sure there is plenty of time for people to change over to the new domain, which they will be able to use at any time after I switch the pool's VPS.

One of my goals with this pool is to offer a PPS option, either as a separate pool or as a payment option on this pool.
just wondering how much does installed mmcFE cost Cheesy

I think the bigger question is.. How much would the largest JKC pool in the world cost?  Priceless..
niteryder

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:53:25 PM

One of my goals with this pool is to offer a PPS option, either as a separate pool or as a payment option on this pool.

What PPS option mean? What different to others.

You get paid a set amount of coins per share submitted.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 06:58:57 PM

I have an announcement to make.

Due to time restraints with family and work, niteryder has given me the http://jkc.allpoolz.com pool.

I could not allow him to give it to me, so I personally paid him a nice sum for the pool .I believe he should be paid for all the work he has done. A pool is also a business and as a business person, I could not just accept  a business for free.

The bounty on the pool has also been paid to niteryder, as he did complete the requirements for collecting the bounty.

So, as of now I own/run jkc.allpoolz.com pool.

For now nothing will change, but I will be moving the pool unto one of my VPS. niteryder has graciously allowed me the use of domain name and when I am ready to switch over will change the DNS record to point to the new domain. When niteryder wishes to have the domain back, I will make sure there is plenty of time for people to change over to the new domain, which they will be able to use at any time after I switch the pool's VPS.

just wondering how much does installed mmcFE cost Cheesy

There is more to it then just plugging it in. In order for mmcFE to work properly with a coin other then LTC there are many hard coded variables that need to be changed. There are differences in the way coin base is handled, plus a hundred more little things that need to be adapted. I have spent a fair amount of time modifying mmcFE to other coins, and I was glad to buy pre-modified version to save the hassle. There is also the back-end changes and getting stratum to work with a daemon not designed for it.

There is also the value of the built in user-base and start-up bugs dealt with. The use of the VPS until I can get it switched over. The use of the Domain name for a smooth transition.

I felt I got a excellent deal.    Wink
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 07:09:33 PM

What PPS option mean? What different to others.

You get paid a set amount of coins per share submitted.

Exactly.

In a proportional pool, the risk is on the miners, payout is based on how many shares it takes to solve a block. The longer it takes to solve a block the less shares will be worth. The pool operator takes little risk in that he/she will always make the pool fee and transaction fees. The miners will make more or less depending on how many total shares there are dividing the block reward (minus the fee) and how many shares the individual miner has into the block.

In a PPS pool the risk reverses, the pool operator is taking the risk. The miners get paid a rate per share regardless of when the pool solves a block. The formula for this : (block reward - Pool fee) / difficulty.
This formula is applied to every block that gets solved on the network, weather or not the pool itself solved the block. If blocks takes a long time for the pool to solve and the operator has to pay out more in shares then the reward, he loses coins. On the other hand if the blocks get solved fast, he pays less shares per block reward and makes more coin.
Most of the pools today are moving to PPS, as miners (including myself) appear to prefer it. It takes almost all the variance out of mining and gives the miner a income stream that is pretty consistent.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 07:25:56 PM

AND WE ARE BACK UP AGAIN!!

http://jkc.allpoolz.com is down, I am unsure if it is host related or attack. I cannot tunnel in.

This means I will be moving to one of my VPS much quicker then I first thought.

I will have to buy a another VPS for the pool, at least temporary, as the VPS i had planned for it is not ready yet. I still have service to move off it to the large VPS.

As soon as I can get into the server, I will start copying it over, while keeping the old one up.

I will try and make this a painless as possible.

erundook

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:27:14 PM

http://jkc.allpoolz.com is down, I am unsure if it is host related or attack. I cannot tunnel in.

I will have to buy a another VPS for the pool, at least temporary, as the VPS i had planned for it is not ready yet. I still have service to move off it to the large VPS.

As soon as I can get into the server, I will start copying it over, while keeping the old one up.

i can report a ddos attack on my pool as well. but our protection does its trick and we're slow but online and still accepting shares.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 07:30:26 PM

I really wanted to work on updating the client/daemon today and publish the git.

Hopefully I can still get that done  Smiley
niteryder

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:39:42 PM

I'll be honest, this is the first time this has happened.  The host has had some attacks on their website in the last few days, but this was on the entire network.
erundook

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:49:35 PM

I'll be honest, this is the first time this has happened.  The host has had some attacks on their website in the last few days, but this was on the entire network.
yep that took both our pools down for few minutes

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:53:51 PM

JKC leaders: we need to think about going to an exchange! There are so many around there, I found a few:

btc-e.com
vircurex.com
bter.com
mcxnow.com
cryptonit.net

JKC is growing into a pretty big community now, we need to have a stable platform to do exchange!
erundook

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:55:39 PM

JKC leaders: we need to think about going to an exchange! There are so many around there, I found a few:

btc-e.com
vircurex.com
bter.com
mcxnow.com
cryptonit.net

JKC is growing into a pretty big community now, we need to have a stable platform to do exchange!

well, im sorry to say, but 10 pages on a board is not quite a big community...

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

niteryder

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:56:11 PM

btc-e.com
vircurex.com
bter.com
mcxnow.com
cryptonit.net

My vote is for btc-e.  Lot's of ways to get coins in and out of the exchange.  Seeming much more reliable then vircurex.
niteryder

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:57:28 PM

btc-e.com
vircurex.com
bter.com
mcxnow.com
cryptonit.net

30+ pages from the original thread as well.  It's bigger.
Kalkuuuta

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:05:47 PM

btc-e.com
vircurex.com
bter.com
mcxnow.com
cryptonit.net

My vote is for btc-e.  Lot's of ways to get coins in and out of the exchange.  Seeming much more reliable then vircurex.

btc-e is best i think, easy and clear use. But why hurry to exchange? Last altcoins what have go to exchange have go down really fast and i think there no have way up for these coins anymore.
erundook

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:09:08 PM

btc-e.com
vircurex.com
bter.com
mcxnow.com
cryptonit.net

btc-e is best i think, easy and clear use. But why hurry to exchange? Last altcoins what have go to exchange have go down really fast and i think there no have way up for these coins anymore.
Because coins are useless until you can spend them somewhere?

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 08:25:09 PM

btc-e.com
vircurex.com
bter.com
mcxnow.com
cryptonit.net

Do I really need to post a 4th time about this?
niteryder

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:47:17 PM

Diff jump!
erundook

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:54:46 PM

Diff jump!
o rly? still 1.6...

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

zenrog

Activity: 229
Merit: 45

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:02:49 PM

btc-e.com
vircurex.com
bter.com
mcxnow.com
cryptonit.net

Quality over quantity.
erundook

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:03:54 PM

Diff jump!
just wondering about your pool numbers:
     Network Hashrate: 93.19 MH/s       Local Pool: 101.38 MH/s

pool does more than network, uh?

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: