Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:53:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: JKC - The Scrypt Coin with Super Blocks  (Read 33142 times)
bizz

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:28:21 PM

can anyone recommend an exchange to sell jkc?

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/35
kevindeangelis

Activity: 448
Merit: 130

3D-Printing goes Blockchain!

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:39:23 PM

Thanks!

jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:12:11 PM

I may be misunderstanding this, but is there a problem with the way that the JKC code generates random super blocks, which makes it possible to predict when all of the super blocks will occur in the future? The random number generator in main.cpp (below) generates a deterministic random number based on a particular seed value.

int static generateMTRandom(int s, int range)
    {
        random::mt19937 gen(s);
        random::uniform_int_distribution<> dist(1, range);
        return dist(gen);
    }

This is called later when determining the block rewards (below), but using the block height as the seed value. By using a seed value like the block height that can be known for each block in advance isn't it possible to predict which blocks will be super blocks and what their value will be?

int rand = generateMTRandom(nHeight, 100000);
    // printf("===>> nHeight = %d, Rand = %d\n", nHeight, rand);

if(rand > 99990)
    {
    nSubsidy = 1000 * COIN;
    }
    else if (rand < 1001)
    {
    nSubsidy *= 3;
    }

Apologies if I've got this wrong (or if it is well known), I'm not a good c++ programmer, but a bit of quick and dirty test code seems to suggest that this might be the case. If this is right, is it worth an update that changes the seed value to something like the previous block's hash?

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:15:57 PM

yes i think you are right, this is predictable as you can pre-calculate based on the the block number. An improved way is implemented in the luckycoin (see its github source) where the seed is from previous hash, so unless you solve the previous block, you can not predict the outcome of the # of coins.
jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:29:48 PM

Ah, I thought so. It was a comparison of the JKC and LKY code that made me think more carefully about this in the first place. Does this call for a fork? I guess there's no guarantee that you will mine a particular block (rather than a competitor) even if you know its value, but it would be good to get it working right.

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:59:30 PM

Yes, I think someone posted a table for all the superblocks of JKC, but no one seems care about it. Also, even you know the location, people may get it before you, since you don't control the whole network.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 06:29:01 PM

All payouts (save 1, waiting for a payout address) have been made from the JKC pool on CryptoCoin Mine.

The problem that I was having on the DGC pool did not seem to effect the JKC pool. However, I have found a newer and much more efficient mmcFE code base that I will be using for the pools.

The new code base uses a different database structure, so registering will be necessary when the pool comes back online.

Thank You

Robert

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 05:53:32 AM

The new and improved JKC pool is up and running.

The new code base is much more efficient and reliable then the old code base.

URL and ports are the same as before.

jkc.cryptocoinmine.com

port 8080 for stratum

port 8339 for LP

You will need to re-register as the database structure is different, and much more efficient, then the old database.

I have also lowered the required confirms to 10!!

marcetin
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013

ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 02:12:05 PM

Back on the road Smiley

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  PLAN 9   FROM CRYPTO SPACE    PARALLELCOIN 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fellow members, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for the community. CCW-WebRes-BitStickers-AnonStickers.shop------------------------------ ParallelCoin

The Secret of Success is to find out where people are going.. and get there first! - Mark Twain
Bitrated user: marcetin.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 11:22:47 PM

There is a new version of JKC on github!

This is not a mandatory update, although it does have some nice changes.

1. Graphics have been changed over to the new coin design.

2 .New checkpoints have been added.

3. I have started the conversion to using the label "JKC" instead of "Junkcoin".

4. Future DNS seed has been added.

I will work on getting binaries published to the web site, however compiling Linux source into Windows binaries has never been a strong point of mine. If I could get a volunteer that I know to compile Windows binaries, that would be great.

Remember the new official github is https://github.com/Hartland/JKC

marcetin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 09:59:54 AM

I see sudden rise of JKC network hash rate today Smiley

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fellow members, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for the community. CCW-WebRes-BitStickers-AnonStickers.shop------------------------------ ParallelCoin

The Secret of Success is to find out where people are going.. and get there first! - Mark Twain
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 11:07:29 AM

I see sudden rise of JKC network hash rate today Smiley

Yes, we are at about 22 M/H right now and the JKC price is starting to rise on Cryptsy.

It appears to be multiple miners on the CCM JKC pool.

I do not know what sparked this sudden interest overnight, but I hope the trend continues and we can bring JKC back to the forefront  Smiley
Kalkuuuta

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:50:13 AM

My mine computer crash 2week ago :/ Anyone know can i force restart with teamviewer that? I know computer have power on, but that is only in "tilt" mode or something what that make sometimes when mining.

Need i install some new wallet?
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 12:36:27 PM

The JKC mine will be shutdown indefinitly.

More then likely I will be shutting down all the pools.

The pool software on all the pools has some kind of bug I cannot trace and makes no sense. It usually effects just one account where the shares just stopped getting counted and archived. They just sit in the live share table. There is no rhyme or reason to which accounts get effected. The developer can not duplicate it and says nobody else has the problem. So I guess I must be the idiot that somehow causes random accounts to go haywire.

The new version, well lets just say it is bringing on even more problems.

I will go through and manually pay everybody out.

My apologies to all the miners.
the1silverwolf

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:16:26 PM

Brand New Pool: Silverwolf's JunkCoin Pool is online!

http://swmining.mine.nu/jkc

This is a JunkCoin (JKC) Pool. It is currently in BETA status. 

Features :

* PPLNS payout system
* Dynamic PPLNS lastNshares calculation for correct payouts!
* PPLNS Status Display for 100% transparency (Very Cool!). You can see exactly where every coin goes.
* Stratum Support
* Support Ticket System for easy reporting of issues
* 1% Fee
* Detailed Stats
* Auto or Manual (Instant) Payout

To Connect :
1. Register an account then login & setup your workers. http://swmining.mine.nu/jkc

2. Connect your miners as follows :

url = http://swmining.mine.nu
port = 3339 (Stratum)
username = username.workername
password = workerpassword

3. Start Mining !

Our thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=235611.0

--
the1silverwolf
aa

Activity: 544

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 10:12:05 PM

OP, link to the original thread (and tell the OP of that thread to link to yours).

The jkcoin website sucks balls and the forum's only posts are spam. There also seem to be no download links for the wallet/source on it.

marcetin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 01:56:39 AM

The jkcoin website sucks balls and the forum's only posts are spam. There also seem to be no download links for the wallet/source on it.

Site is in development.
Forum is under attack of spammers!

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 04:10:20 AM

I see interest coming and going with JKC, and I promise from this point forward I will keep up with site and forum maintenance along with marcetin.

So far with the client, the only things that need to be added are checkpoints, I will put up an updated version of the client in the next couple of days.

The Website and forum should be updated and cleaned up in the next couple of days.

Unfortunately I cannot add to the original thread, as it was not started by me and it has been awhile since I heard from js2082 (He has not been on since 6/12).

Thank you for your support and work towards a bright future for JKC!!  Wink

JKC CryptoCoin Mine:

Returning Soon

Many issues came up when I tried to migrate the PPLNS Database into a PPS database for a smooth transition.
The JKC pool will be coming back as a PPS pool with a fresh database.
As part of an apology to the JKC community, I will run this PPS pool at a 0% fee for a couple of weeks.

The disastrous results of trying to do a inline upgrade have taught me a valuable lesson.

I cannot apologize enough for issues with the JKC pool. I can only hope that my actions when dealing with issues such as uncounted shares and payouts, shows that I take miners concerns seriously.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 12:02:00 PM

THE JKC CRYPTOCOIN POOL IS TESTING.
Registration is open, however the testing mining port is not public.
This allows the JKC community to watch the test.
I will open the public mining ports when the pool is ready.
Kalkuuuta

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:01:00 PM

Will JKC die?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: