Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:58:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299606 times)
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:56:31 PM

I have a D3 in my hand (no psu yet from bitmain) I can sell it for .1 btc (plus shipping and escrow costs) if anyone is interested please message me on here.

so not i see i payed 1 Btc for my 2 d3....now look at BTC!!!! its like i payed 8 thousand dollars lol lol
I wouldn't have ever paid that much for any miner. Rule of thumb for me is never buy from price-scalped 3rd party sellers or pay more than Bitmain's price or whoever's selling the miner. Unless Bitmain actually sold these for that much at one point from their store.
COINKING84

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:57:41 PM

I have a D3 in my hand (no psu yet from bitmain) I can sell it for .1 btc (plus shipping and escrow costs) if anyone is interested please message me on here.

so not i see i payed 1 Btc for my 2 d3....now look at BTC!!!! its like i payed 8 thousand dollars lol lol
I wouldn't have ever paid that much for any miner. Rule of thumb for me is never buy from price-scalped 3rd party sellers or pay more than Bitmain's price or whoever's selling the miner. Unless Bitmain actually sold these for that much at one point from their store.

I bought from Bitmain,  i got 2 d3 and 2 psu,  should have kept my one bitcoin.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:00:59 PM

I bought from Bitmain,  i got 2 d3 and 2 psu,  should have kept my one bitcoin.
That's unfortunate, guess it's a lesson learned for next time. Hope you still have more crypto to hold for next time. And don't forget not to invest too much into mining, it's not always a guaranteed return.

At least the PSUs can be saved for future use, they're pretty nice for use in GPU rigs and pretty much any ASIC rig.
COINKING84

Activity: 264

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:03:52 PM

I bought from Bitmain,  i got 2 d3 and 2 psu,  should have kept my one bitcoin.
That's unfortunate, guess it's a lesson learned for next time. Hope you still have more crypto to hold for next time. And don't forget not to invest too much into mining, it's not always a guaranteed return.

At least the PSUs can be saved for future use, they're pretty nice for use in GPU rigs and pretty much any ASIC rig.

Thanks, yeah when i order, bitcoin was only worth $3300
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:06:53 PM

so now i see i payed 1 Btc for my 2 d3....now look at BTC!!!! its like i payed 8 thousand dollars lol lol....wow Shocked
Nobody can predict the Future.
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:43:40 PM

so now i see i payed 1 Btc for my 2 d3....now look at BTC!!!! its like i payed 8 thousand dollars lol lol....wow Shocked

so true, so true. Who knows what the price of Dash will be or what Helium will be in 3 years. I thought people were crazy when they were talking about $10,000 for bitcoin in 2013. I wish I had held on to every single one, but I didn't. That's life, though. I've been eyeing miners on eBay thinking of what Helium might bring. Crazy thoughts, but who knows, right?
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:46:31 PM

AMEN Brother!! Also, I use another rule for ASIC, I only buy when I can recoup cost between 3-6 months. People love to make these statements about their "ROI versus other businesses." This ain't LIKE other businesses. Those AISC are gonna eventually be semi obsolete. If you bury yourself into a 1, 1.5, 2 year recovery of your investment, you will basically never get even due to new technology. It's always just around the corner.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:48:34 PM

AMEN Brother!! Also, I use another rule for ASIC, I only but when I can recoup cost between 3-6 months. People love to make these statements about their "ROI versus other businesses." This ain't LIKE other businesses. Those AISC are gonna eventually be semi obsolete. If you bury yourself into a 1, 1.5, 2 year recovery of your investment, you will basically never get even due to new technology. It's always just around the corner.

Totally true. I certainly don't miss the $900 power bills in the summer. Smiley
BenRickert

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:51:15 PM

so true, so true. Who knows what the price of Dash will be or what Helium will be in 3 years. I thought people were crazy when they were talking about $10,000 for bitcoin in 2013. I wish I had held on to every single one, but I didn't. That's life, though. I've been eyeing miners on eBay thinking of what Helium might bring. Crazy thoughts, but who knows, right?
Be careful....the x11 algo is going to need much more than one new protocol to dig it out of this hole. Also, there are a Metric Shit ton more of these X11 servers coming onto the market. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $350.00 for a D3 now. Especially because they are hot and fickle. I never have to do ANYTHING with my S9's and L3+'s. (except clean the dust out of the boards once a month.) I baby sit these fucking D3's CONSTANTLY.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
LiteMine

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:37:44 AM

on zpool, is the difficulty set automatically by the pool?

well, u can force the diff. Check their front page.

BTW, why u want to point your heater to ZPOOL? they takes 20% cut

where are you getting the 20%?   On their front by x11 it indicates fee of 1%.  What am I missing?

Check my posts or search for zpool 20% and you will see several sources, they take 20% on the side
Bibi187

Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 01:04:18 AM

Be careful....the x11 algo is going to need much more than one new protocol to dig it out of this hole. Also, there are a Metric Shit ton more of these X11 servers coming onto the market. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $350.00 for a D3 now. Especially because they are hot and fickle. I never have to do ANYTHING with my S9's and L3+'s. (except clean the dust out of the boards once a month.) I baby sit these fucking D3's CONSTANTLY.

To avoid permanent monitoring of this D3, i recommend you to download last firmware, resolve lot of issue.

Also i add a crontab running on one of my GPU rig, checking if D3 run fine, if not a reboot is launch.

Actually after 2-3d of running D3 start to do some HW error, as basic routine i reboot them with another cron every 3d.

For people crying about how much they pay D3 cause they use BTC, blame your self oO

You can use, LTC is a more stable money. Or for first batch even better USD WIRE, he a bit slow to do but you avoid fluctuation market.

Anyway D3 was my first ASIC on first batch ... Bitmain do a nice move for him self, but with new competitive miner builder on the market now, end of 2018 will be a nice moment for ASIC i assume.

Just have to target the good one. 

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Dopert

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:05:27 AM

I mean how could this company make these machines that turn out so unprofitable and still stay in business I'm fairly new to the crypto world and it was my first time purchasing from bitmain. But typically how long do their machines stay profitable? And can you ever make a profit with them I know the S9's are good but that is ONLY because the price of BTC has skyrocketed.

Crypto is to stay. There are few big players here controlling the market. Bitmain is big holder of BCH and anemy to Dash. I think this batch deliveries where against algo x11 or otherwise to Dash. Later BCH did a pump and pfpfpgghpffff empty is the believe. Still compatitor Dash has mord future then BCH i think.
BenRickert

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:22:42 AM

To avoid permanent monitoring of this D3, i recommend you to download last firmware, resolve lot of issue.

Also i add a crontab running on one of my GPU rig, checking if D3 run fine, if not a reboot is launch.

Actually after 2-3d of running D3 start to do some HW error, as basic routine i reboot them with another cron every 3d.

For people crying about how much they pay D3 cause they use BTC, blame your self oO

You can use, LTC is a more stable money. Or for first batch even better USD WIRE, he a bit slow to do but you avoid fluctuation market.

Anyway D3 was my first ASIC on first batch ... Bitmain do a nice move for him self, but with new competitive miner builder on the market now, end of 2018 will be a nice moment for ASIC i assume.

Actually my D3's were only dropping 1 hash board every two or three days before. I flashed that new firmware version and now the bastards are completely crashing every 2-3 hours. They show NO HW errors and my temps are 67c-71c. Then out of nowhere boom, just goes all X's. If anyone has a copy of the older firmware can you please post it. I need to get this new version off these serves. It's full of bugs or something. Yes I've tried reflashing it and switching PSU's. It's definitely that new firmware.

lentyna

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:33:23 AM

Actually my D3's were only dropping 1 hash board every two or three days before. I flashed that new firmware version and now the bastards are completely crashing every 2-3 hours. They show NO HW errors and my temps are 67c-71c. Then out of nowhere boom, just goes all X's. If anyone has a copy of the older firmware can you please post it. I need to get this new version off these serves. It's full of bugs or something. Yes I've tried reflashing it and switching PSU's. It's definitely that new firmware.

Try to revert firmware back to the old one and see what happens.
chekhbtc

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:37:32 AM

Is it worth buying D3 now? I checked Whattomine like 3 months ago and it showed me smth like 3-4 month ROI. I wanted to book some but decided to wait for the new batch. And now I see that ROI is much longer. So, what do you think as experts?
Rafalski Bros

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:46:33 AM

Is it worth buying D3 now? I checked Whattomine like 3 months ago and it showed me smth like 3-4 month ROI. I wanted to book some but decided to wait for the new batch. And now I see that ROI is much longer. So, what do you think as experts?

Anyone who has bought a d3, including me(Got 80) is very unhappy with the purchase. So my suggestion would be, NO.
digital$

Activity: 287
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:02:46 AM

re: latest firmware upgrade-flashed/updated and now 1 board showing only 48 asic instead of 60 with no hash/other 2 are fine. 
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:07:36 AM

sure no.
mohima1230

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:40:44 AM

re: latest firmware upgrade-flashed/updated and now 1 board showing only 48 asic instead of 60 with no hash/other 2 are fine.  

restart the miner or you can try to restore the firmware. but i have 2 d3 and the are fine with new firmware.
leecher2k16

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:32:47 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 10:48:05 AM by leecher2k16

I have over 15 units from latest Batch. i downclocked them because got massive hw error. But now they are working, but with massiv hardware errors. Bitmain is a piece of shit with there mass production. very low quality!

I will create a youtube video and will force against bitmain and there pitty products and service. Maybe we can make a group legal action in international law against them. The products are so bad. Service is bad, damaged hash boards has not been picked up since 4 weeks. The package is in Hong Kong but uncollect always. The PSUs are no deliviering. This is a fucking damage to myself as a customer.
Pages: « 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: