Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:49:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think I should quit my Job for me to focus more on bitcoins??
Quit Job - 64 (13.3%)
Don't quit - 87 (18.1%)
Or focus on both - 329 (68.5%)
Total Voters: 480

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Job Vs Bitcoin  (Read 44691 times)
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:20:55 PM

In my opinion, it sounds nicer if you do both with balance. And you'll get the combined earnings from both. You can explore and improve more if you have many sources of income.
Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:29:50 PM

Keep working while you are healthy, when your income at this time from bitcoin isn't enough. If you want to enjoy faster time, learn trading and after understand, you can invest in bitcoin using savings. And you can focus on bitcoin without worrying about decreasing income.
No do not quit your job, its your main job. You can focus on both or just focus on your current job and bitcoin as your side-job. Well,  my father's co-worker use bitcoin as his side-job, whenever he has a vacant time or off-duty he directly focuses on bitcoin. You can't quit your job because it is your profession, you work for it, studied it and you faced many trouble just to get that job of yours.
cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:54:49 PM

is the best don't quite, focus on both
in real life you need social status, this mean must work in offline in real life

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

Pitsos

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:03:05 PM

I think it is good for people to not back down the permanent job because bitcoin isn't a permanent job for people because of its unstable value yet it is good source of extra income for people.

Eventhough you earn too much in bitcoin you must not hold it back and continue to go on on your permanent job.
Casmania

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:13:35 PM

Hi, I was wondering if I should quit my job and focus more on bitcoins? Because I think it might get me even richer without a job?  Grin
Do NOT quit your job, which is the one you worked hard for to get it. Well Bitcoin wont get away from you, you can still manage it while doing your job, while on vacant time or day-offs. For me bitcoin doesn't require that much time, just for you to quit your job.
FrozenByte

Activity: 48
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:20:31 PM

You should focus on both, if you lose your job and Bitcoin doesn't do very well you will be in trouble.

▄ █ █ HOQU █ █ ▄   MARKETING OF THE FUTURE! (http://www.hoqu.io)
Decentralized affiliate platform (http://www.hoqu.io)  ▌▌▌ICO : 27 NOV ▌▌▌  (http://www.hoqu.io)
◆ Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/HOQUio)   ◆ Twitter (https://twitter.com/HOQU_IO)   ◆ ANN Thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2254411)   ◆ White Paper (https://goo.gl/fPFBKT)   ◆ Telegram (https://t.me/hoquio)   ◆ Medium (https://blog.hoqu.io/)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:23:08 PM

You should focus on both, if you lose your job and Bitcoin doesn't do very well you will be in trouble.

If you can focus with both job and bitcoin it's a better choice. But if you are seeing more growth in bitcoin then you have to sacrifice your job if you think the progress of your career isn't that good there. Taking the risk is always up to the person if he wants to take it and sees a positive result.
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 02:25:27 AM

Hi, I was wondering if I should quit my job and focus more on bitcoins? Because I think it might get me even richer without a job?  Grin

I think it is possible if you really love it. You can quit your current job to pursue your passion. I believe you will succeed. I do not know how long Bitcoin will last, but in addition to Bitcoin there are many other Altcoin in development. The Altcoin market never stops growing. You can get rich from it without going to work

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:41:05 AM

If you can focus with both job and bitcoin it's a better choice. But if you are seeing more growth in bitcoin then you have to sacrifice your job if you think the progress of your career isn't that good there. Taking the risk is always up to the person if he wants to take it and sees a positive result.

Having a back up plan would be favorable since you will have an option in case one of your source of income will not provide enough for you. We should always have multiple source of income if we wanted to achieve our goals and dreams because we don't know what the future will be. If you earn enough in bitcoin that you can let go of your job then do it if your job just take up too much of your time and let you be stressed from time to time but make sure that you can still pay your bills in case you do it like before quitting, make sure that you already have another source of income aside from bitcoin maybe a small business perhaps because bitcoin is also unpredictable.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
wilwxk

Activity: 476
Merit: 314

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:44:38 AM

You need to remember if the bitcoin price crashes you will lost ALL of your money and the future of your life. simples like that.
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:01:54 AM

This is a fact and a good thing because the presence of bitcoin can make new jobs and reduce unemployment. For example is trading, simple but can generate up to thousands of dollars in a short time.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Black tea

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:36:00 AM

I do not advise you to quit your job. You can do both, you just set the time in your life without leaving bitcoin. Maybe this will be better for you. And you can realize your dreams according to your desires if you can manage between bitcoin and your work in the real world.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:48:56 AM

Having a back up plan would be favorable since you will have an option in case one of your source of income will not provide enough for you. We should always have multiple source of income if we wanted to achieve our goals and dreams because we don't know what the future will be. If you earn enough in bitcoin that you can let go of your job then do it if your job just take up too much of your time and let you be stressed from time to time but make sure that you can still pay your bills in case you do it like before quitting, make sure that you already have another source of income aside from bitcoin maybe a small business perhaps because bitcoin is also unpredictable.

It's a fact that we should be having our different source of income, it's the best option that we can do. If you are stable in your job and you don't want to quit with it just keep on going. But if you can't take it any longer and you can work at the same time with bitcoin you have to make a wise decision. There's a lot of people that has chosen to go with bitcoin and they decided to take the risk of quitting their job and working for bitcoin, it's good too because you can just sit at your home.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:53:03 AM

What do you mean focus more on bitcoins? Do you mean you want to spend your days investing in bitcoin and other alt coins, or are you thinking of freelancing here or offering your services for bitcoin? There are people on the forum you make a living off it, but they are all very well known and also super trusted by the community.

I would recommend going part time if you want to, but don't quit, this might not go well and Bitcoin could possibly crash soon.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:22:22 AM

I think it's not a good idea quitting your job in lieu of Bitcoin. You can do both so why quit your job! Come think of it, bro.
That's true, It is better if you have double source of income. You can do it both, before when I am employed I can do both but when the time I need to resign because of my son, I rather choose to leave my job not becaise of bitcoin is it because of my son because he has a Diaorder which I need to pay more attention to him. I have a double income before when I am employed and now I only habe bitcoin but still I am not regreting. Thanks to bitcoin!
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:25:08 AM

Lol this will be a very bad idea you need job and skill to make money that you can use to buy bitcoins but without job there will be no money and bitcoin's other name is money
boris singer

Activity: 882
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:25:56 AM

No need to take too long decisions, if we want financial freedom then we have to choose it, I have left the main job since two years ago, and began to pursue economic stability only from bitcoin. Before I resign, I always think of many things that I will release but that is not as strong as my intention to live freely and become self-employed.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:02:11 AM

We need to focus on both, having a secured jon is still a good thing, you will still have a lot of time in your hands, depending what you prioritize. Not only you need to some bitcoin trading or holding, i think bitcoin will be a great boost for you to retire early, since we still need jobs for our daily expenses and for us to exchange it to bitcoins. The more source of income we have, the better.
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:18:20 AM

Lol this will be a very bad idea you need job and skill to make money that you can use to buy bitcoins but without job there will be no money and bitcoin's other name is money

If that's his decision to quit his job and focus with bitcoin, he knows what he is doing. He probably seeing more fortune and good career in bitcoin, because look on how he believes that because of bitcoin it can make him richer even without a job and I think it's very possible to happen.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:20:57 AM

Just told today...by the CPA lady...that I'm better off taking all my JOB wages and putting them into the company Plan as I can catchup (older than 50 years)

Thus....all wages will go into that...just to knock down tax rate I'd pay on mining...plus wages this year (47% all)

Also if you make more than 10,000.00 income (say by mining). You can do an Individual 401k or Solo IRA plan. I can dump up to 58k on that I think it was depending
on income....I think it was...into that plan..thus keeping most if not all your hoard.....at least in say a bitcoin IRA or regular IRA plan

the diff for me was 34k in taxes vs with both above ..dump work wages and most of mining into solo IRA 7k ...so its an option to get off the mining
merry go round getting equipment ..if you choose to do so

thus folk mining in my boat.....time to shift gears...maybe

of course, you still get 100% of equipment off gross income in 1 year in USA ...should you decide to knock down your equip purchases and mine as such

(decisions to make.....kick the can down the road with 'dubious' equip choices at the end of this year ...likely NONE after November...or hoard this all

from wages in company plan and/or the other solo IRA in a bitcoin IRA plan...and wrap up current generation equipment buys this year and/or next)

(take the money and run ....most of it....ie bitcoin...or try the mining merry go round to roi income stream another year)

As again my main point..not sure if ANY equipment this year makes sense at prices wanted.....unless you are going to hope for say a price pump
in the coin you mine. (ex bitmain units ..you probably need a price pump for pow scrypt)

this gives me an out ...if equipment does not make any sense..taking equipment 100% off of gross income....if I can do the same with the solo IRA option also 100% off of gross income I will use that as a 'bleed off valve" instead....of course, that bitcoin in the IRA or cash in the IRA is no longer available for equipment or a future income
stream...assuming you can roi on your equipment

but again, not really sure if any equipment the rest of this year (mainly scrypt-pow) makes any sense to get with difficulty rise

anyway options for those in this kinda boat

sheesh...be careful what you wish for

anyway worth the $210 spent to get options from CPA lady

later

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: