Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:56:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why use Bitcoins ?  (Read 13317 times)
Daniya

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:00:42 PM

Bitcoin doesn’t discriminate. You can use it anywhere in the world, to send value almost instantly, nearly for free. Transferring bitcoins costs just a few pennies and you can send as much value as you want. It’s important to remember that bitcoins can’t be counterfeited or duplicated.  The cherry on top is that transactions are conducted in a peer-to-peer method, without the need for a bank or third party to oversee it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theomark

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:03:07 PM

The answer is here dude:

Bitcoin Mining Profitability in 2018
https://www.tokens24.com/news/blockchain-changes-2018/
roll on

Activity: 175
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:06:09 PM
Merited by Specialforce (2)

Because it is a trend for which many have gone from losers to really winners in the stock market
We should use bitcoin because bitcoin can help us to have a great future and for sure bitcoin will surely help us to earn money even we are at our home.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:11:35 PM

If you don’t have access to a bank account, you are part of the “unbanked.” Bitcoin can allow you to be your own bank. Bitcoin is simultaneously an open financial protocol and a currency required in order to transact freely on the protocol.

But the way bitcoin process transfer now and the fee included in the transfer is really fair? a bank usually no transfer fee of a bank to bank why bitcoin to bitcoin is having so much high on fee and so slow on transfer rate? this is the one factor why the thread is really made. Why use Bitcoin with all the weakness fo the said cryptocurrency? It is given that we earn with bitcoin and so many doors open to have a more financial source but really, WHY USE BITCOIN?
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:12:34 PM

iam use bitcoin because can convert to fiat money
and my income incraese because use bitcoin, iam trading mining and follow signture campaign in bitcointalk
Use Bitcoin to pay quickly, earn money to get rich, or simply testify to what people are saying about the magic of Bitcoin.

Everyone has this kind of reason, Most of the people are only investing on bitcoins because of the news that the value will increase further more in the future and i also agree to that. If you take cryptocurrency seriously, i am really sure that you will be getting rich in just a few months by working on bounty campaigns.

angelcoins20

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:23:16 PM

I wonder if converting alts to bitcoin using a trading platform also has high fees and also takes a little bit longer to do? Because I think it would be much cheaper to buy alts than bitcoin.
The fees aren't that high if you just want to convert your alts to bitcoin or vice versa. What is killing us are the withdrawal fees, it includes the miners fee and as well as the withdrawal fee that goes to the exchange and that's why others are deciding to get into altcoins instead of bitcoin. Just use bitcoin as it is, if you want to use it as currency go for it or if you want it as an investment do it.

So if fees for converting alts to bitcoin are not high in trading platforms. Then we can buy alts-convert to bitcoin-earnings converted to alts-withdraw the alts to fiat. Am I right with this?
missyqt29

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:27:11 PM

Why use Bitcoins ?

I keep seeing threads on “why don't people” ? The real question to me is Why would they ?

-The average consumer will go way out of their way to save money. Bitcoins cost more.
-The average consumer will usually pay a little extra to have convenience. Bitcoin is less convenience and more hoops and complications.

I just cannot see any reason for the average consumer to use Bitcoins. Until average consumers start using Bitcoins they will just be an experiment and a small speculative bubble.

I have my personal reasons, I am interested Bitcoins them as a tech person, speculative investor and person that follows evolving treads and markets. I am just struggling to see any.. benefits for the average consumer at this stage.   

I still found the use of bitcoin is only efficient in huge payments like buying properties, education, and traveling. An average person can savd up in bitcoin and use it for example in retirement or accomplish their own dreams. Anything that requires saving a lot for one big day is what bitcoin lives for me.
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:36:19 PM

iam use bitcoin because can convert to fiat money
and my income incraese because use bitcoin, iam trading mining and follow signture campaign in bitcointalk
Use Bitcoin to pay quickly, earn money to get rich, or simply testify to what people are saying about the magic of Bitcoin.

Everyone has this kind of reason, Most of the people are only investing on bitcoins because of the news that the value will increase further more in the future and i also agree to that. If you take cryptocurrency seriously, i am really sure that you will be getting rich in just a few months by working on bounty campaigns.
indeed the reason everyone is different, we can not guess what everyone wants, but if I use bitcoin it is certainly a bitcoin advantageous, but also bitcoin is very fast and easy in transaction.
Odlanyer

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:46:26 PM

I use bitcoin because can convert to fiat money and bitcoin is easy to use, and like an investment for long term.Bitcoin have many value and benefit so this is why people use bitcoin.
abhishek_bittu

Activity: 111

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:50:30 PM

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, maybe your question is why use bitcoin instead of USD (or EUR or whatever currency you use daily)

For normal currency it’s easy to answer, you use whatever the other side accept. If you buy things from foreign store and it accept EUR, then you pay EUR. Same to bitcoin, if it accept only bitcoin, then you pay bitcoin. Or if they accept multiple currency, you pay the one charge you less (as there’s usually some discrepancy in values of different currency as exchange wait keep changing seconds to seconds)
Asusnumbaone

Activity: 246
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:53:28 PM

Why use Bitcoins ?

I keep seeing threads on “why don't people” ? The real question to me is Why would they ?

-The average consumer will go way out of their way to save money. Bitcoins cost more.
-The average consumer will usually pay a little extra to have convenience. Bitcoin is less convenience and more hoops and complications.

I just cannot see any reason for the average consumer to use Bitcoins. Until average consumers start using Bitcoins they will just be an experiment and a small speculative bubble.

I have my personal reasons, I am interested Bitcoins them as a tech person, speculative investor and person that follows evolving treads and markets. I am just struggling to see any.. benefits for the average consumer at this stage.   
Well bitcoin is not created to be used in buying things/or product in the real world. Yes it can buy things in the real world but you can't pay it when buying groceries. It can be used to buy thing online because it is a digital currency. It is made to become a source of income or profit and investment. It has a lots of role in our life but not in our everyday life. It works like a gold but not a real money. The difference between gold and bitcoin is the bitcoin can be used to buy things online while the gold not.
argiyan.tri

Activity: 271
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:58:53 PM

I think why people use bitcoin is, with bitcoin might make things easier than not using bitcoin. #CMIIW
9emb3lelit3

Activity: 207
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:59:24 PM

bitcoin has been decentralized through blockchain in just minutes of fast and easy-to-use transactions by some people who use the wallet. Cool
Virman01

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:01:11 PM

may be simple, bitcoin is more profitable than using a local bank full of rules by the government. #CMIIW
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:02:20 PM

I wonder if converting alts to bitcoin using a trading platform also has high fees and also takes a little bit longer to do? Because I think it would be much cheaper to buy alts than bitcoin.
The fees aren't that high if you just want to convert your alts to bitcoin or vice versa. What is killing us are the withdrawal fees, it includes the miners fee and as well as the withdrawal fee that goes to the exchange and that's why others are deciding to get into altcoins instead of bitcoin. Just use bitcoin as it is, if you want to use it as currency go for it or if you want it as an investment do it.

So if fees for converting alts to bitcoin are not high in trading platforms. Then we can buy alts-convert to bitcoin-earnings converted to alts-withdraw the alts to fiat. Am I right with this?

Yes you are right. Most of the people are just buy and selling in order to earn more profit. There are different exchangers with different fee's but i will choose the highest fee to hold my coins because the security will be much better rather than on cheaper sites.
Dimas99

Activity: 854
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:08:38 PM

everyone has their own reasons why they use bitcoins. one of them is because bitcoin is used by many people. plus the high bitcoin price makes confidence in bitcoin also great
vaughn125

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:31:49 PM

Why use Bitcoins ?

Because it is cool. Really. Try telling your friends that you're buying things with bitcoins no need cash. Or can get cash with bitcoins. That would be really awesome. Plus the great history amd ideologies of bitcoin that is worth while enough to talk about with friends and family. And the best thing? The thrill! Damn i cannot express how addictive the thrill of watching the prices of cryptos changing up and down knowing you have invested. This is such a great gamble.
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:51:45 PM

You have point. I have been wondering what is the point.There definitively is a point in using cryptos, but currently using bitcoin is very cumbersome.

- You can make a transfer, but it costs very much (several €£$)
- Often you can not be certain if the exchenge fees is correct or inflated by the exchange / service ...
- There are a lot of codes, long addresses, recieving / transferring address, passwords, recovery words, seed words, master passwords, i.e. a lot to keep track of.
- Backups etc.

The thing that is really annoying, are the fees. If I use SEPA transfers in Europe, the funds are transferred instantly from country to country, and I mean instantly. You can do the transfer for free, up to 12k €.

Using cryptos should compete with the credit card companies expensive fees and the FIAT banks inflation. Now, using Bitcoin is more expensive than ever.

This really has to be addressed, as it is in my opinion a question of survival for the bitcoins and crypto usage. I feel something is wrong with the way everything works now, as the transactions are too expensive.

I use Bitcoin because it's convenient. Also with the help of Bitcoin you can earn money. But of course you should not forget about the risks associated with the drop in the price of Bitcoin.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:40:53 PM

Yes mate, you can buy alts and just sell it again for bitcoin earnings and vice versa. But with the alts - fiat, it depends to the exchange you are using.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
sgx

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:48:53 PM

Only for speculative investments, no other value or practical usage anymore, outdated, it'll take some years but it will decline and eventually die,  it will be remembered in history as the one that started it all
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: