Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:31:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Elacoin | Released | Fair Elastic Scrypt Mining | No Premine  (Read 133887 times)
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:41:46 PM

release with full windows exe, full guide to mining and ensure everyone has a fair chance. Better to have a perfect launch rather than a rush job.

This.

Even if some people hoard a lot of coins at the beginning, the coins will be legitimate and make you rich OP.
Riot75

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:47:30 PM

Check the "Look and Layout Preferences" page in the forum settings - it shows the forum time.

Omg... Thank You for posting that.  I had been trying to find where to adjust time but couldnt find it.  Grin Grin
tyrion70
Legendary

Activity: 934
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:56:08 PM

Hey Milkshake,

Just compiled the qt client, except for the Obvious genesis block missing it works.. Let me know if u need help compiling the definitive client. I had to make some minor changes to net.cpp and elacoin-qt.pro.

Rgds

Freddie Mercury is fucking bang on it.

Freddie wants Elacoins.
I want to break free of all the crappy altcoins :-p

nerdcustoms

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:58:43 PM

release with full windows exe, full guide to mining and ensure everyone has a fair chance. Better to have a perfect launch rather than a rush job.

This.

Even if some people hoard a lot of coins at the beginning, the coins will be legitimate and make you rich OP.

+1  Looks good so far though.  Best alt we've seen in a  while.

*Image Removed*
Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=202142
gpudude

Activity: 126

GPUDude

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:00:43 PM

Full windows exe is enough.

Looks, interesting.  Cool
rouf553

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:04:57 PM

Need Investor to launch new business for crypto currencies.

It will be high profitable business. I know everyone will think I'm a scammer but you don't need to pay me a single dollar to start this business.

I will share my idea and will work for full time on this business. I need only 20% profit.

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:10:37 PM

This coin will be out about 13 hours from now.
Adamlm

Activity: 822
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 05:14:28 PM

This.

So this seems to be the fairest altcoin release in spring 2013 Smiley
+1

mat5x

Activity: 181

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:21:45 PM

1) who wants to hijack the existing blockchain? just post your ip! lol. (the OP should be aware people could do that.)

2) please make sure the src compiles for linux. PWC was a godamn mess of crappy coding. does not breed confidence.

3) I dont think you should remove all reward for early adopters. We're putting risk in here at least equal to the cost of power vs lost opportunity mining bitcoins, so it should not be too low a reward

4) a starting 0 reward for 12 (24? 48?) hours might be ok -- the initial 3, 6, 12 hour frenzies arent healthy for any coins anymore. perhaps thats ok. doesnt matter what the difficulty is, if the retarg comes later - the difficulty wont increase until a retarg - til then you'll end up in orphan city for anyone who doenst have a big rig farm. they spent money on their rigs, thats fine, they deserve reward, but not exponentially by orphaning everyone else's blocks by mining pairs or more at a time.

5) perhaps a coin to combat early mining rush which pisses off the core of the populace (ie makes more people per hashpower use the coin, which is what we need, not 5 mega rig dudes who pumpmine  and dump coins) would be good -

how about: ignore any coins that have the same miner address twice in a row for the first 10k or 20k blocks (or make it time based? first 72 hrs? 96?). this would ensure that domination by a few huge rigs wouldnt happen (to some extent, i spose they could setup wallets for every card in their farm tho.). im not sure how to quasi identify two blocks mined in a row by the same 'person', considering bitcoin protocol is designed for pseudonymity to start with. we are trying to promote more 'agents' to be involved with the coin to get a good start - ie people, instead of just pure hashpower.

also early retargetting calcs - so that retarg is done every hour for the first 96 hrs or something. I spose we could run into TRC issues, but since its scrypt, we dont have ASICs gaming it, and 96hrs isnt long. Sides, overwhelmingly, with any new coin, hashrate goes up and up for the first while anyway, there wont be huge surges and drops in the first hours. Then we can increase the retarg delay (perhaps make the retargetting based on the # of blocks out there? scale linearly, or perhaps with the squareroot of # of blocks? pick a curve.)

remember: hashpower does not make a viable coin, PEOPLE do. orienting the coin to encourage that would be a good long term design.

Elacoin/ELC - block reward proportional-to-difficulty coin! http://elacoin.com
rosefox911

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:22:00 PM

I'm PUMPED for this coin. Going to mine for sure when it comes out.
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 05:26:59 PM

This coin will be out about 13 hours from now.
Thanks for the update.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
anonynonanony

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:27:41 PM

How exactly is this different than any other scrypt coin?  He who has most 79xx wins the pump/dump?  
Heres my prediction, first few hours filled with orphans,
next few hours "WTS 1K whatevercoin for 2LTC",
next few hours "We need pools", "whatevercoin coming to an exchange near you",
next day "WTS 100k whatevercoin for 2LTC",
next day "whatevercoin to any exchanges?"

Rinse and repeat. 2 new scrypt coins a day, 2 scrypt coins a day dying.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:32:30 PM

I am happy that a pre launch was announced before hand. I hope the clients are ready to go right out of the box.

One thing I always wish for is having a way to have a level playing field for those that do not have farms. Many times I try to jump on a coin only to see the dif raise so fast that it becomes next to unmissable for me ...

I did like the concept of the game coins because for once in my short Crypto life I have been able to gain over 4K coins.... LOL

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
nocoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:33:26 PM

1) who wants to hijack the existing blockchain? just post your ip!
Lolwut?
how about: ignore any coins that have the same miner address twice in a row for the first 10k or 20k blocks (or make it time based? first 72 hrs? 96?)
What is "miner address"?
Wallet address? I can make any count of them.
IP address? I can make... well, a couple subnets of them.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:34:54 PM

How exactly is this different than any other scrypt coin?  He who has most 79xx wins the pump/dump?  
Heres my prediction, first few hours filled with orphans,
next few hours "WTS 1K whatevercoin for 2LTC",
next few hours "We need pools", "whatevercoin coming to an exchange near you",
next day "WTS 100k whatevercoin for 2LTC",
next day "whatevercoin to any exchanges?"

Rinse and repeat. 2 new scrypt coins a day, 2 scrypt coins a day dying.

Yep that sounds like my end. Slower non ati cards trying to mine at any time is pretty much a joke. Then you add in that you feel you whole 300 coins made in that day or 2 are actually gonna help you break even or even trade up to something only to see it go on an exchange, crash and be only worth 30 cents for all 300 that took you 2 days to get.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
mat5x

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:39:42 PM

1) who wants to hijack the existing blockchain? just post your ip!
Lolwut?

The github src is out there already and predictable IPs. has a test genesisblock right now (tho kinda disabled, just remove the one part of that line as per a post back in thread), and voila, we have a testnet going! Smiley Or, a REALnet, if we decide to trade on its value! Only a lot of convincing yelling in the forums could make our chain be abandoned! Thats how all these coins work! Smiley Politics is inherent in the system (ie if we had no block explorer, pools, etc, then our chain might die)...

how about: ignore any coins that have the same miner address twice in a row for the first 10k or 20k blocks (or make it time based? first 72 hrs? 96?)
What is "miner address"?
Wallet address? I can make any count of them.
IP address? I can make... well, a couple subnets of them.

you know what i meant. i was being lazy.

can you mine at a new address on the same card every block? I think that would be prohibitive.

i know you could make a new wallet for every card mining in a big rig farm, of course :/ just trying to think of a way for orphans to be reduced somehow, by not allowing multiple blocks from rigs to be instamined with 0.00 network latency, orphaning everyone else's - i believe double the power is more than double the reward during orphan times. I'd like to flatten that.

Any suggestions?

(making the block rate actually be 2 minutes and not 2.5 seconds at the start like all new coins would be good. but the retarg delay wont allow that.)

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 05:44:35 PM

I am happy that a pre launch was announced before hand. I hope the clients are ready to go right out of the box.

One thing I always wish for is having a way to have a level playing field for those that do not have farms. Many times I try to jump on a coin only to see the dif raise so fast that it becomes next to unmissable for me ...

I did like the concept of the game coins because for once in my short Crypto life I have been able to gain over 4K coins.... LOL

You had an entire year to pick up BBQcoins all day and all night with just even a single core CPU or a single core of your CPU, and you chose not to.

You still could have been raking in Fairbrix and Tenebrix all day and all night the same way, and still can, but are you?

If not then it is totally and only yourself to blame for your missed opportunities, they have been right here all along and you simply keep choosing not to take them. Instead you waste power on really hard to mine crapcoins.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
nocoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:48:34 PM

The github src is out there already and predictable IPs. has a test genesisblock right now (tho kinda disabled, just remove the one part of that line as per a post back in thread), and voila, we have a testnet going! Smiley Or, a REALnet, if we decide to trade on its value! Only a lot of convincing yelling in the forums could make our chain be abandoned! Thats how all these coins work! Smiley Politics is inherent in the system (ie if we had no block explorer, pools, etc, then our chain might die)...
Oh, I got it.
can you mine at a new address on the same card every block? I think that would be prohibitive.
Actually, I can. There is no such thing, "to mine at address". I can generate new address for each fresh block.
mat5x

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:06:18 PM

Actually, I can. There is no such thing, "to mine at address". I can generate new address for each fresh block.

sure doesnt it take a few seconds to generate an address? I suppose then you'd have something for your cpu to do! At any rate that'd take some time, im sure you'd rather not have to do that, which is exactly what we're aiming for: people with giant rigs to have to put some work in this.

Do you agree that people with big rigs should get MORE than their linearly scaled fair share of blocks? Or do you think that early mining rewards should be flattened out to be exactly proportional to hashrate? (I can predict what big rig people will say.)

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:06:37 PM

not another yac....no show

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: