Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:56:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER Blade Sales [Temporarily Out of Stock]  (Read 105951 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 07:49:48 PM

10 is the correct price, equal to 1 month ROI
1 month ROI is the key for everything

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 07:52:02 PM

1 month ROI is the key for everything

In which reality ? This is not traditionally how investments work.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:20:17 PM

and why?
obv less is better
josh_nc

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:43:57 PM

A lot of funny people here LOL!!! I want to dive into the fun! Why don't we start betting?

I bet the new blades will go for ~ 35BTCs, with hashing slightly improved to 15Gh/s and a little better relative power consumption.
How's that for ma ass, y'all?
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:48:48 PM

I bet the new boards will be PCIe and cost 10btc
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:50:22 PM

I bet the new boards will be PCIe and cost 10btc

that be nice
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:00:32 PM

At 10 BTC, they would be worth buying right now. Anything more, a waste.
Possibly, possibly a little less than that.

Agreed, if he priced them at 9BTC he would sell A LOT of them, resellers would do big orders. But I have the gut feeling he will give it a try at 20/25BTC, maybe he prefers to sell 300 at 25BTC than 1,000 at 9BTC

I think the numbers you mean are 60,000 at 25BTC instead of 100,000 at 9BTC.    You do the math....

No, i dont mean those useless numbers. They didn't sell a thousand blades at 50BTC, they won't be selling 60,000 at 25BTC. And the correlation you made between demand at 25BTC and demand at 9BTC is ridiculous. 9BTC is a price ANY miner would pay. 25BTC is a price that would be paid only by i) someone that doesn't care about ROI, ii) someone clueless or iii) someone looking for the greater fool to which resell the blade.

And before spitting nonsense numbers like "60,000 or 100,000" blades sold you do the math about what would that represent in terms of network hash rate and maybe you will realize how far from the reality are those numbers.

The point was simply to show that I can also pull numbers out of my ass  - numbers that compute differently than the numbers you pull out of yours.  Until you have insider information about ASCIMiner's sales numbers and profit margins - and we find out what the new pricing is - anything and everything is just speculation, nothing more.  Your made up numbers don't prove anything different than mine do.  

ASCIMiner/FriedCat is not stupid - he knows what he's doing and works to maximize his own profit - whether or not buyers can make some ROI isn't relevant from his end.

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:47:03 PM

You know, if the temperature of the pool bothers you, instead of bitching about it, you could just get out of the water...  Smiley
rsbriggs

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:50:03 PM

You know, if the temperature of the pool bothers you, instead of bitching about it, you could just get out of the water...  Smiley

This.  +1000
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:54:44 PM

You know, if the temperature of the pool bothers you, instead of bitching about it, you could just get out of the water...  Smiley
No thanks, I just tell the pool owner there is something wrong with the pool.

Then comment on it when getting into the pool so that innocent bystanders can all agree there is something wrong at this pool.

It is "change" in action!  Grin
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:58:25 PM

You know, if the temperature of the pool bothers you, instead of bitching about it, you could just get out of the water...  Smiley
No thanks, I just tell the pool owner there is something wrong with the pool.

Then comment on it when getting into the pool so that innocent bystanders can all agree there is something wrong at this pool.

It is "change" in action!  Grin

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:04:09 PM

At 10 BTC, they would be worth buying right now. Anything more, a waste.
Possibly, possibly a little less than that.

Agreed, if he priced them at 9BTC he would sell A LOT of them, resellers would do big orders. But I have the gut feeling he will give it a try at 20/25BTC, maybe he prefers to sell 300 at 25BTC than 1,000 at 9BTC

I think the numbers you mean are 60,000 at 25BTC instead of 100,000 at 9BTC.    You do the math....

No, i dont mean those useless numbers. They didn't sell a thousand blades at 50BTC, they won't be selling 60,000 at 25BTC. And the correlation you made between demand at 25BTC and demand at 9BTC is ridiculous. 9BTC is a price ANY miner would pay. 25BTC is a price that would be paid only by i) someone that doesn't care about ROI, ii) someone clueless or iii) someone looking for the greater fool to which resell the blade.

And before spitting nonsense numbers like "60,000 or 100,000" blades sold you do the math about what would that represent in terms of network hash rate and maybe you will realize how far from the reality are those numbers.

The point was simply to show that I can also pull numbers out of my ass  - numbers that compute differently than the numbers you pull out of yours.  Until you have insider information about ASCIMiner's sales numbers and profit margins - and we find out what the new pricing is - anything and everything is just speculation, nothing more.  Your made up numbers don't prove anything different than mine do.  

ASCIMiner/FriedCat is not stupid - he knows what he's doing and works to maximize his own profit - whether or not buyers can make some ROI isn't relevant from his end.

Sales numbers are not so difficult to figure out, this is a super small market and network hash rate is a pretty good indicator. You know for sure they are in the order of thousands.

Still selling the blades at a price that allows ROI would at least three-fold the demand for those (actually much more IMO), so my example is still valid. The point here is simply that for ASICMiner ATM is more profitable to have a limited supply of hardware sold at a high prize while they maximize their mining profits.

josh_nc

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:06:10 PM

Oh, my goodness. I have one of those. Good job I never filled it up!
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:12:51 PM

I'm fed up reading about free-market bollocks.

Look at the end of the day, a deal is not a deal unless both parties get something worthwhile out of it, and ASICminer's deals are so one sided it's untrue.

Any discount as prices are 'slashed' (lol) are mitigated as all future profits become ASICminers whether they keep them and mine them, or sell them for all the coins they could potentially be mined for.

Aside ASICminer, anyone currently thinking they are getting anything out of these deals sums up a lot of the behaviour and lack of due diligence I have seen on this forum. Close to none.

Still if you get an emotional thrill from being so submissive, who am I to stop you, it's clearly a warped fetish...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
josh_nc

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:21:20 PM

ROI may not be a simple calculation of what you paid in BTC and how long to get your investment back in BTC. BTC is going to remain tied to fiat for some time and if all goes well it may reach a good fiat value in a few years. So, if you mine in a country where say, 4 BTCs pays all your living expenses for a month and you can save some BTCs for the long run then you may be able to make your fiat ROI although not your BTC ROI.  Right now it is a very risky investment and we should all be very aware of it. This is not like a gold mine like some may dream of. BTC mining is not for the faint of heart or those with high expectations. I expect many will lose a lot and exit very frustrated.

J/
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:22:00 PM

I'm fed up reading about free-market bollocks.

Look at the end of the day, a deal is not a deal unless both parties get something worthwhile out of it, and ASICminer's deals are so one sided it's untrue.

Any discount as prices are 'slashed' (lol) are mitigated as all future profits become ASICminers whether they keep them and mine them, or sell them for all the coins they could potentially be mined for.

Aside ASICminer, anyone currently thinking they are getting anything out of these deals sums up a lot of the behaviour and lack of due diligence I have seen on this forum. Close to none.

Still if you get an emotional thrill from being so submissive, who am I to stop you, it's clearly a warped fetish...

A deal is whatever 2 parties agree to deliver. There's no greater ideal of value required. The only time you truly get to decide if a deal is worthwhile is when you are a part of it.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:25:39 PM

ROI may not be a simple calculation of what you paid in BTC and how long to get your investment back in BTC. BTC is going to remain tied to fiat for some time and if all goes well it may reach a good fiat value in a few years. So, if you mine in a country where say, 4 BTCs pays all your living expenses for a month and you can save some BTCs for the long run then you may be able to make your fiat ROI although not your BTC ROI.  Right now it is a very risky investment and we should all be very aware of it. This is not like a gold mine like some may dream of. BTC mining is not for the faint of heart or those with high expectations. I expect many will lose a lot and exit very frustrated.

J/

Really can't understand this logic, never could and never will.

If you think bitcoin may be worth something in the future then just buy and hold it for the long run, do not pay 50BTC to get 10ishBTC "in the long run"!

keepinithamsta

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:27:20 PM

I personally wouldn't buy for anything more than 10BTC near the current rated hash rate of the blades.  Seems like the magic number to a lot of people.  If someone wants to spend 2-3x that, have at it.
josh_nc

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:44:23 PM

J/

Really can't understand this logic, never could and never will.

If you think bitcoin may be worth something in the future then just buy and hold it for the long run, do not pay 50BTC to get 10ishBTC "in the long run"!

Many people only buy and sell (see here: https://localbitcoins.com) and don't want anything to do with mining.

If you are into this then just buy and sell and you may be satisfied with it. It is very competitive and the current BTC price stagnation makes it harder to make a buck. I chose mining because I like it and it is more my style but the jury is still out whether it is profitable for the little guy at this point.

Like I mentioned before, if your living expenses are low in fiat then you may be OK. If you live somewhere expensive, high taxes, high costs of health ins, so on, like in the US, I believe you will be disappointed. In this case you can only make it work if it is something you do on the side and have a main source of income.

Someone once wrote that during the gold rush the people who made the most money were those selling pans and shovels. You may also want to buy mining rigs and sell them at a huge profit on eBay. That might also work.

J/
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:46:55 PM

I personally wouldn't buy for anything more than 10BTC near the current rated hash rate of the blades.  Seems like the magic number to a lot of people.  If someone wants to spend 2-3x that, have at it.

Obviously many people do want such things, since 5 Gh/s Jalepenos - in hand - are catching bids at the equivalent of between 22 and 25 BTC on eBay.  Not many Avalons moving for 250 BTC though....

(I personally won't wade around in the eBay swamp anymore after having been ripped off WAY too many times in the past.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: