Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:52:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Mind Reading Possible?
Yes it was already possible for a long time
Not it not invented yet, but it could be possible
No it is physically impossible to read minds, it would violate the laws of physics

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Mind Reading Possible?  (Read 5938 times)
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 01:50:58 PM

I have seen this video, where it claims that Mind Reading technology is possible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kGZemt2P9M

Researchers at Carnegie Mellon University recently made a scientific breakthrough using machine algorithms to accurately guess what people are thinking. In other words, as the university referred to it, they have “harness[ed] ‘mind reading’ technology to decode complex thoughts.”

“Predicting the Brain Activation Pattern Associated With the Propositional Content of a Sentence: Modeling Neural Representations of Events and States”

What is your opinion about these news? Is Mind Reading Possible? And how it will affect Bitcoin private keys? How will this affect the passwords that you hold in your brain?

I think that it is very possible just because that there are a lot of things that. can be memorized or can be caught by paying attention to the person. By paying attention you can see the small details that cna lead you into deducing what is in the mond of the person

stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:25:04 PM

Nope i think this is just a trick, and i don't think anyone can do that.
Reading mind means understanding next person's feelings and thinking, which is possible. We can understand next person's intention from his/her actions. We can somewhat predict what next person wants to say or what is his/her feelings about someone or something. Reading mind is not a trick, only wise person can understand next person's intentions.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:40:56 PM

We already have technology that allows amputees to use their mind to think actions for their robotic arms and they do it. It works.

The scary part is these same robotic hands have sensors on their fingertips. When the wearer picks something up they can feel it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk1NkWl_W2Y

There is more all you need to do is google it.

lestilla

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:29:52 PM

I believe in the impossibility of mind reading. It is absolutely impossible for  ones mind to be read by others. Though technology has made of lot of breakthroughs in the world with so many things seemingly impossible made possible,  yet technology has not and will still not be able to make headway in the area of mind reading.
abnoy

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:05:32 AM

no i dont believe mind reading is not possible even for the future because god all knows

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
weebfox

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:30:01 AM

Yes, it's can be possible , reading mind is guessing minds base on their looking.
trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:29:35 AM

"Mind" or "empathic rightness" is a seemingly magical ability to map one's mental landscape from words, emotions and body language. Those who are overwhelmed with autism spectrum or psychotic disorders are hard-pressed to read the mind. And even the most social intelligence can easily be thrown away, because we started to fool others and we cheat ourselves, especially if we invest in someone.

such a thing can only be possible in the future. but there are some treatment methods. maybe not mind reading but some codes and numbers correspond to some spots. trams, subconscious can be read.
nhattori27

Activity: 387
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:48:32 AM

No, At present it is not possible, but in future anything is possible.
roseybanez

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:37:42 PM

No, At present it is not possible, but in future anything is possible.
Yeah , it's depend on how much money we will spend to spread that sciences. Nothing is impossible in the future.
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:19:26 PM

Rather than reading call it prediction. They judge you by your thoughts. Have you seen the lie detector tests.? It's not 100% sure but up to some point it is. There are people who can fake a lie detector test similarly, there are people who can predict you.
Yes, I agree with prediction thing. People can only analyze your thought and predict that.

About this lie detector thingy.

This "can" be a wrong way to detect lie, this machine detects your heartbeat when getting Interrogation. People who not guilty can be afraid of this process and some of them might get anxiety, this make a lie detector making a false result and vice versa about people who used to "lie" and not getting their's heartbeat increase.
billykannithi

Activity: 330
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:24:09 PM

how can somebody we dont know can read our mind? using their hand our their mind can never read our mind, that is impossible.
YED

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:31:06 PM

Yeah i think it's happen nowadays
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:47:44 PM

Mmm... I think that the mind is too complex and has inside too many data to be read as an hard disk.

But probably some kind of telepathy is possible.

JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:52:43 AM

I don't think that mind reading is actually possible, but I guess that mind writing is, it's called brainwashing, and it can be done on a very large scale.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
ttbd

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:07:55 AM

There are people that claim they have the ability to read the mind of other people.
Actually all the people can read minds, to some extent. We can deduct from the behavior and from answers to questions, what the person we speak with is thinking.
No one can read minds directly, but doing so indirectly is easy. There are many people who claim that they can read minds directly - they can't.There is one exception - recently I read that scientists succeeded reading minds, by using some sort of MRI brain waves reader, but only after the subject practiced to activate a specific neural path. The machine can't really read thoughts, but can detect when a specific neural path is activated
charmaine08

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:14:32 PM

I think no , but you can read people feelings from their action and faces . that's all I know Smiley
randal9

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:27:03 PM

I know that there is a gross body, a subtle body, a soul and a spirit...and I believe that there are supersensitive people, or who are able to control their abilities and insist on the right wave overcoming the gross barriers...yes, I believe in it
badgalmae

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:15:41 PM

Nah, but as much as I want to claim it's impossible the more I think of those wierd things I saw on TV where they make it seem possible. Maybe some people but like literally 10 in the world have that gift, but, I don't know. It's still hard to believe that would/could be true.  Undecided I don't think someone could actually read mine...
kylekyle2000

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:06:13 PM

I don't think so. However, it is possible to somewhat predict other's actions or reactions especially if you know that person very well. Also, reading other people's mind without their consent is against their right for privacy.

Blockshipping  ───────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ███████████████             Twitter     Facebook         
The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread  
Viseryn

Activity: 128

quarkchain.io

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:50:46 AM

Yes.I think it is possible...But I it'll be very hard to improve our mind to such a level.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: