Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:13:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Mind Reading Possible?
Yes it was already possible for a long time
Not it not invented yet, but it could be possible
No it is physically impossible to read minds, it would violate the laws of physics

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Mind Reading Possible?  (Read 5938 times)
Bitbitmaker

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:48:57 PM

The human brain was studied only by 7%. Therefore, mind reading will be possible in the future.
fortnite

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:07:34 PM

No , I don't think so and there won't be !!!
Andrianla

Activity: 331
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:46:13 PM

Humans will not be able to read the human mind. If you can then this world will be chaotic.
ehab.co

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 06:56:36 PM

We currently have some cool tech which allows us to measure brain activity, in different ways. It's only logical that this will eventually get good enough and sensitive enough that we can accurately read every single thing occurring in a mind. Then the tricky part is turning that data into something legible or watchable. That will be the tricky part! totally doable. Just will need some crazy computing power.
UNOE

Activity: 791
Merit: 271

This is personal

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:13:59 PM

I think no, but I think mentalism is a thing. It is reading someones body language, behaviour, and just using your brain to analyze certain things to make conclusions  Smiley

ayo_deji1

Activity: 152

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:46:15 PM

When I'm not an alien. Well, it may be possible for some. But, it's naturally not possible.
Bitbratt

Activity: 198

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:10:38 PM

No i dont believe in mind reading. It could either be the person is reading my moves or actions or he may have an idea about me and my fast or my life.
Left4Dead2

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:43:15 PM

I believe that this is impossible. Science has not progressed so much to read people's thoughts. Although this is not for long, in the near future this breakthrough will happen
jhean_arcane

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:59:57 PM

Mind reading is impossible. What we can read are the non verbal cues such as facial expressions, subtle shifting of the eyes, etc. However, I believe some people are more sensitive to the emotions of others. They have the natural instinct for that. With these abilities combined, you can intelligently guess what the others are thinking.

█ ▌▐▐ KEPLER // BRINGING AI & ROBOTICS TO THE BLOCKCHAIN▐ ▌▐ █ (http://keplertek.org/#)
miyong

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:43:21 AM

I don't  think so.  I haven't  try it and I can't do it as well.  I already believe it when someone  do it and can read my mind.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
zoom_rich

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:20:50 AM

I've had a few moments where the person I'm with and I suddenly look at each other and know exactly what we're thinking.

That's rare.

So while I think it's possible to say in a million years evolved to such a level, humans don't really have the capability, genetically.
GMule

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:16:14 AM

We currently have some cool tech which allows us to measure brain activity, in different ways. It's only logical that this will eventually get good enough and sensitive enough that we can accurately read every single thing occurring in a mind. Then the tricky part is turning that data into something legible or watchable. That will be the tricky part! totally doable. Just will need some crazy computing power.

I think this sums up my views. 

Basically in any area of science it can seem hard to imagine, until someone does, especially if its an area you havent studied.  There is probably top secret research in this area going on that the general public don't know about, if you want to slip that cool tin hat on.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Mayor20

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:10:47 PM

It is possible for me to say that ;A reader is a leader always because you have experience more everyday ,every time and everywhere.
Herdawnia

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:20:51 PM

yes its possible  but you dont "read" it you feel it, you feel what the other one is thinking

Yes usually it not about literally read one's mind, its about feeling and rationally thinking what would your subject be thinking if you we're on the guessing side. We can observe and understand the way other people express themselves by Their gestures.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
mozartopfer

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:54:35 PM

It depends on what you think your mind is. In my opinion, if we're talking about people's intentions and "inner world", then it's not possible to read such stuff at all. You may read just a part of it if you're psychoanalyst.
shashko

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:08:06 PM

I think mind reading cannot be done without opening the brain and stuck some metal sticks connected to big machine but predicting some actions and words can be done buy reading the human buy staying with him for like a week or so. So you can learn how he moves how he thinks his habits but to ream mind just like that i dont think so

aroweyen

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:29:53 PM

Yes its possible to some extent. No one can read minds directly, but doing so indirectly is easy i think. There are many people in world who claim that they can read minds indirectly. They have the ability to read the mind of other people.

It may requires a lot of practice. It requires you to read the other person’s non-verbal emotions. Deduct from the behavior and from answers to questions, what the person we speak with is thinking. The tone of the voice, quality of touch, facial expressions, handwriting style are the key clues to understanding someone’s feelings.

Adreman23

Activity: 1366
Merit: 107

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:43:23 PM

no one can read the mind of one person literaly and even machine cant do that to read thoughts of one person. its just a fool, nonsense matter. Only God can read the minds of people and no one else.

UNOE

Activity: 791
Merit: 271

This is personal

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:28:56 AM

Yes its possible to some extent. No one can read minds directly, but doing so indirectly is easy i think. There are many people in world who claim that they can read minds indirectly. They have the ability to read the mind of other people.

It may requires a lot of practice. It requires you to read the other person’s non-verbal emotions. Deduct from the behavior and from answers to questions, what the person we speak with is thinking. The tone of the voice, quality of touch, facial expressions, handwriting style are the key clues to understanding someone’s feelings.

Yes and you missed a point there, because that is mentalism and not mind reading, but maybe just unconsiously happening.
So to answer your reply, mind reading is a completely different aspect and has completely different meaning.

CarterDreamer

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:35:02 AM

Come on, what's the esoteric stuff you're talking about? Go visit Coursera or Teachmeplease - it will help you sort out the trash and the jewels of knowledge!

though I'll have to admit, that with some cyberpunk stuff it can be possible. And we're almost living in the cyberpink future Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: