Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:11:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RX 560 hashrates  (Read 27974 times)
Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:15:27 AM

All of the 2GB XFX RX 560's I've received so far have Elpida memory so I've gotten lucky in the silicon lottery. A 4th is on the way and I hope I didn't just jinx myself  Tongue

Once I get all 6 slots on my Onda D1800 filled out I am going to revisit xmr-stak and claymore because SGMiner is just so finicky to get working right and it has been abandoned for about a year now. The supposed replacement - gateless gate sharp - is still very much in beta testing (lots of crashes being reported).

Are you also still getting crashes? I keep fiddling with the memory/gpu frequenzies trying to ind out wich card is causing the crash, since i can't tell wich card it is, when it crashes i get blackscreen.
I might also give xmrstak another shot.
I also bought 1 more gigabyte rx550 2gb, hope it has elpida memory.
Gonna sell my gigabyte rx460 4gb micron, since for the money i can get from it i can buy 1.5 rx 550.

But will that half of an RX 550 do at least half the hashrate of a full one?  Grin

Yeah, I had another crash after about 36 hours of operation. That's pretty good, but my 6x GTX 1060 Equihash rig will run for a week without a reboot; maybe longer, but Windows Update rarely lets me go more than a week without forcibly rebooting. This despite manually disabling its service... One of the things I absolutely despise about W10.

Im using xmrstak now, it basicly gives you the same hashrate, sgminer makes it seem like its more because its showing you spikes,  sometime it would say 1.9kh/s for my rig, other time 1.6kh/s
on xmrstak its always same, 1.8kh/s for 2x460 and 2x 550. It also lets you overclock the cards higher since it runs more stable then sgminer.
Im going to sell my 460's since they use twice the power of my 550's for the same hash, and 550's are actually still in stock lol. ( for how long)

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
playfast

Activity: 131
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:26:22 AM

I also use xmrstak, tweaked to use 2 gpu threads it performs just as good as sgminer.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:30:09 PM

I also use xmrstak, tweaked to use 2 gpu threads it performs just as good as sgminer.

You going to share that portion of the amd.txt file? The "help" section - such as there is - doesn't explain how to set gpu threads.
Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:37:34 PM
Merited by MagicSmoker (1)

You going to share that portion of the amd.txt file? The "help" section - such as there is - doesn't explain how to set gpu threads.

Hey, to use 2 threads per gpu, just copy every line for your gpu's, so theres 2 lines for every gpu, thats all.

this is for my 4 gpu's with 2 threads per gpu:

"gpu_threads_conf" : [

{ "index" : 0, "intensity" : 432, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : false },
    { "index" : 1, "intensity" : 432, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : false },
        { "index" : 2, "intensity" : 432, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : false },
   { "index" : 3, "intensity" : 432, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : false },

],

Since im using xmrstak again, i can also let my cpu mine at the same time, since its a fx8320 and it does 430 hashes its worth it.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Branko (OP)

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:48:14 PM

Since I need both some ETH and merit, if someone need help, I could do some BIOS-es
for merit/eth combo...where 1 merit is worth 0.01ETH, and price is 0.1ETH overall
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:00:14 PM

Hey, to use 2 threads per gpu, just copy every line for your gpu's, so theres 2 lines for every gpu, thats all.

],

Since im using xmrstak again, i can also let my cpu mine at the same time, since its a fx8320 and it does 430 hashes its worth it.

Hah, now it's my turn to give you merit for posting a config file!  Grin

I also put to work an old FX-8300 with xmr-stak in CPU-only mode but only getting about 340 H/s out of it. I spent a LOT of time tweaking the threads on that one, though, so I don't think I can wring any more out of it.

Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 02:10:12 PM

],

I also put to work an old FX-8300 with xmr-stak in CPU-only mode but only getting about 340 H/s out of it. I spent a LOT of time tweaking the threads on that one, though, so I don't think I can wring any more out of it.

I wasn't sure if the i 432 work with 2GB cards, so it does work? I've edited my guide to only 416.

BTW you better to mine AEON with CPU much better for CPU mining.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Mattthev

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 02:12:15 PM

Also SGminer will probably not work with upcoming Monero hardfork if somebody won't make needed changes.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:16:41 PM

I wasn't sure if the i 432 work with 2GB cards, so it does work? I've edited my guide to only 416.

The primary CN coin I mine is DERO, with ITNS in 2nd place, and EDL in a very distant 3rd (it gets the AMD FX-8300 CPU  Grin ).

Since I've built up a decent stash of EDL and ITNS I might drop either/both of those for AEON, though. Looks interesting.

EDIT - good point about the XMR hard fork!
Mattthev

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 02:38:38 PM

The primary CN coin I mine is DERO, with ITNS in 2nd place, and EDL in a very distant 3rd (it gets the AMD FX-8300 CPU  Grin ).

Since I've built up a decent stash of EDL and ITNS I might drop either/both of those for AEON, though. Looks interesting.

EDIT - good point about the XMR hard fork!
I think some dev will do it, just like somebody did it for XMR-STAK.

Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:11:59 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 09:47:44 PM by Vlizzjeffrey

],

Hah, now it's my turn to give you merit for posting a config file!  Grin

i did overclock the fx8120 to 4 ghz to get 400 hash out of it, use 7 threads for this cpu.

I am confused again, i used a 850 watt coolermaster bronze power supply with 66amp on the 12v rail, so i figured it was way overkill for 2x rx550 and 1x rx460 ( just sold one rx460 today)
So i hooked up a 600 watt coolermaster bronze with 44 amp on the 12 volt, and now i cant get these 2x rx550 and 1x rx460 stable, my plan was to use the 850 watt for maybe a 10x rx550 rig, since this crappy mobo already made it hard for me to get 4 cards working, dont think extending one pci slot to extra 4x pci slots is gonna work.

edit:

],

You are right, somehow i put it at 432 and i was having shutdowns after every seconds again, when i saw your post i immidiatly put it at 416 and its running so far Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:17:31 PM

I switched from sgminer-gm 5.5.5 to xmr-stak 2.2.0 and tweaked amd.txt as suggested by @Vlizzjeffrey and I'm getting 1370 H/s out of (3) 2GB XFX RX 560 cards. That's exactly the same as with sgminer, but it seems a lot more stable. The specific problem I was having with sgminer is it would lock the rig up so bad it needed to be hard reset, usually, but not always, when I used the KVM switch to select it after it had been running awhile. Note that I am using the integrated GPU in the Celeron CPU for video, and not one of the mining cards, so this behavior was quite perplexing.

Mattthev

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 02:55:00 PM

I switched from sgminer-gm 5.5.5 to xmr-stak 2.2.0 and tweaked amd.txt as suggested by @Vlizzjeffrey and I'm getting 1370 H/s out of (3) 2GB XFX RX 560 cards. That's exactly the same as with sgminer, but it seems a lot more stable. The specific problem I was having with sgminer is it would lock the rig up so bad it needed to be hard reset, usually, but not always, when I used the KVM switch to select it after it had been running awhile. Note that I am using the integrated GPU in the Celeron CPU for video, and not one of the mining cards, so this behavior was quite perplexing.
Do not use iGPU with AMD! Bad idead, it blocks OC settings, might be fixed with newer drivers, but it was big problem for most cards for mining. Only with Nvidia cards.
Properly configured SGminer has a lot higher hashrate than XMR-STAK 2.2 even older XMR-STAK-AMD has higher hashrate than 2.2. I've compiled latest sources from XMR-STAK it's in my guide for download, it has slightly higher hashrate but still older AMD version is better, also it has lowered dev fee to 1%.

wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:40:00 PM

Do not use iGPU with AMD! Bad idead, it blocks OC settings, might be fixed with newer drivers, but it was big problem for most cards for mining. Only with Nvidia cards.
Could you please elaborate on this? I'm using onboard intel graphics on all my rigs, both amd and nvidia, and I did have some issues with amd systems, but have always just assumed that it's due to their buggy drivers and all the nonsense with modded bioses, paching etc. I've only got one rig with amd cards that doesn't use onboard graphics, and it is indeed the most stable among them all. So now your post made me think that maybe I should try disabling the onboard on all my amd rigs. OC settings don't seem to be blocked though, I'm using overdriventool and it works fine.
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:10:11 PM

Properly configured SGminer has a lot higher hashrate than XMR-STAK 2.2 even older XMR-STAK-AMD has higher hashrate than 2.2. I've compiled latest sources from XMR-STAK it's in my guide for download, it has slightly higher hashrate but still older AMD version is better, also it has lowered dev fee to 1%.

Hmm... I just switched my (3) RX 560 rig over to mining UBQ to check this out and I'm getting 38.8 MH/s total with 1200/1900 set in MSI AB. Driver version is Adrenalin 18.2.2 in Compute mode. So my speed does seem a bit low per card (12.9 MH/s) given they all have Elpida memory. Not using the iGPU is a bit of a problem with the Onda D1800 mining mobos, though.

EDIT - and dropping all 3 mem clocks to 1800 did not change hashrate as it should have...
Mattthev

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 08:14:50 AM

Could you please elaborate on this? I'm using onboard intel graphics on all my rigs, both amd and nvidia, and I did have some issues with amd systems, but have always just assumed that it's due to their buggy drivers and all the nonsense with modded bioses, paching etc. I've only got one rig with amd cards that doesn't use onboard graphics, and it is indeed the most stable among them all. So now your post made me think that maybe I should try disabling the onboard on all my amd rigs. OC settings don't seem to be blocked though, I'm using overdriventool and it works fine.
They might fix it. I'm still on 17.6.2 drivers and on these and older ones there were problem with stability and OC settings, clocks weren't successfully applied when you check it with Hwinfo and GPU-Z. Some of my customers have same problems with newer drivers too, but not sure about Adrenaline.

Hmm... I just switched my (3) RX 560 rig over to mining UBQ to check this out and I'm getting 38.8 MH/s total with 1200/1900 set in MSI AB. Driver version is Adrenalin 18.2.2 in Compute mode. So my speed does seem a bit low per card (12.9 MH/s) given they all have Elpida memory. Not using the iGPU is a bit of a problem with the Onda D1800 mining mobos, though.

EDIT - and dropping all 3 mem clocks to 1800 did not change hashrate as it should have...
You probably need better timing strap. Also it's better to change clocks before you start mine it sometimes doesn't react on changes.

MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:10:54 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 01:41:59 PM by MagicSmoker

They might fix it. I'm still on 17.6.2 drivers and on these and older ones there were problem with stability and OC settings, clocks weren't successfully applied when you check it with Hwinfo and GPU-Z. Some of my customers have same problems with newer drivers too, but not sure about Adrenaline.

Thanks for the clue on what to check and you are indeed correct - GPU-Z 2.7.0 reports the stock and current clock values are the same (1295/1750, vs. 1200/1900 reported by MSI AB) so something buggy going on for sure, and you get a merit! Disabling the iGPU on the Onda mobos has led to a lot of problems with NO video showing up, and it not being recoverable without removing the CMOS backup battery.

EDIT - so the plan, I guess, is to order a DVI-D to VGA adapter (so I can continue using my KVM switch with my other Onda board that has all NVIDIA cards) and see if I can get the mobo to disable the onboard VGA *and* enable one of the PCIe GPUs for video out.

You probably need better timing strap. Also it's better to change clocks before you start mine it sometimes doesn't react on changes.

I'm interested... but I need to sort out this iGPU mess, first.
Mattthev

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 02:54:03 PM

Thanks for the clue on what to check and you are indeed correct - GPU-Z 2.7.0 reports the stock and current clock values are the same (1295/1750, vs. 1200/1900 reported by MSI AB) so something buggy going on for sure, and you get a merit! Disabling the iGPU on the Onda mobos has led to a lot of problems with NO video showing up, and it not being recoverable without removing the CMOS backup battery.

EDIT - so the plan, I guess, is to order a DVI-D to VGA adapter (so I can continue using my KVM switch with my other Onda board that has all NVIDIA cards) and see if I can get the mobo to disable the onboard VGA *and* enable one of the PCIe GPUs for video out.

I'm interested... but I need to sort out this iGPU mess, first.
Again, I don't use these new drivers, but on those old I need HDMI dummy plug, it's working without it for me, but I know some RX cards need it. I use it because Teamviewer resolution that is terrible without it. I'm using one of those 2 dollars HDMI to VGA convertor, it's fake not the original, but it does the job Cheesy
All my rigs have Z270 chipset.
Thanks for the Merit Smiley I was thinking that I will have it because of my guides, but they not giving me almost none Cheesy

MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:23:16 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 03:38:17 PM by MagicSmoker

Again, I don't use these new drivers, but on those old I need HDMI dummy plug, it's working without it for me, but I know some RX cards need it. I use it because Teamviewer resolution that is terrible without it. I'm using one of those 2 dollars HDMI to VGA convertor, it's fake not the original, but it does the job Cheesy
All my rigs have Z270 chipset.
Thanks for the Merit Smiley I was thinking that I will have it because of my guides, but they not giving me almost none Cheesy

Holy shit, that worked! I just happened to have an HDMI dummy plug that I purchased for my RX 570 rig but didn't end up needing. I plugged it into the first RX 560 on the Onda rig and now the correct clock rates are showing up in GPU-Z while Cryptonight hashrate jumped by ~22 H/s per card (after stopping and restarting xmr-stak)! I'll try Claymore v11.0 on a <2GB DAG Ethash coin (MUSIC or UBQ) in about 15 minutes and update this post.

I have just one merit left to give out, but if solving a problem I didn't even know I have isn't worth a merit then this forum is screwed...

UPDATE - okay, looks like I need to get a dummy plug for *each* card; the hashrate jump in xmr-stak was ~66 H/s total and I *assumed* that it was spread equally per card, but when I loaded up Claymore only the first card shows a higher hashrate of 14 MH/s while the other two are still at 12.9 MH/s. Still, the dummy plugs are cheap and an easy fix!
Branko (OP)

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:49:20 PM

Holy shit, that worked! I just happened to have an HDMI dummy plug that I purchased for my RX 570 rig but didn't end up needing. I plugged it into the first RX 560 on the Onda rig and now the correct clock rates are showing up in GPU-Z while Cryptonight hashrate jumped by ~22 H/s per card (after stopping and restarting xmr-stak)! I'll try Claymore v11.0 on a <2GB DAG Ethash coin (MUSIC or UBQ) in about 15 minutes and update this post.

I have just one merit left to give out, but if solving a problem I didn't even know I have isn't worth a merit then this forum is screwed...

UPDATE - okay, looks like I need to get a dummy plug for *each* card; the hashrate jump in xmr-stak was ~66 H/s total and I *assumed* that it was spread equally per card, but when I loaded up Claymore only the first card shows a higher hashrate of 14 MH/s while the other two are still at 12.9 MH/s. Still, the dummy plugs are cheap and an easy fix!

Thats strange, I dont have same problem

I'm always using latest drivers, though
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: