Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:36:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO][TKR] CryptoInsight | Crypto Desktop App | RELEASED  (Read 58118 times)
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 07:03:36 AM

Im very happy with the Alpha. Very nice looking UI and great useful features. Im only sad polo is the only exchange. But its an alpha! Cant get it all!
trackr-im (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:03:11 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2017, 08:10:07 PM by trackr-im

Im very happy with the Alpha. Very nice looking UI and great useful features. Im only sad polo is the only exchange. But its an alpha! Cant get it all!

We decided to just roll with one exchange to show the proof of concept with a subset of basic functionality, we'll be adding more exchanges (major ones) for the actual release and gradually add other ones too.

If anyone finds any bugs, please let us know. We'd love to fix any issues that come up (suggestions are welcome too!)

Apple App Store has approved our app, it will be available for download within 24 hours, I'll put the link up as soon as it does.

trackr-im (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:18:27 AM

Proud to announce it's available on the Apple App store as well now for people with iOS devices wishing to test (note that it's made for mostly iPhones, iPads and such will work fine but their resolution is upscaled).

Going forward we'll be preparing for the ICO and fixing any bugs / issues that people report to us. Once the ICO is ongoing we'll start pushing updates as well. We appreciate any kind of feedback and/or suggestions.

Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:36:35 AM

So ico is set for Aug 16th. Only 1week away, exciting.
And your looking to raise between 10-12K eth...

I'll have to check out the alpha version, but everything seems good to go for a successful crowdfund

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
trackr-im (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:21:47 AM

I'll have to check out the alpha version, but everything seems good to go for a successful crowdfund

The Alpha is quite basic currently as we've only had so much time to work on it, but we're actively listening to feedback and/or issues.

Yep, realistically speaking we may not reach this target as our app doesn't really scream decentralized. Having said that, we do have plans of integrating it with the Blockchain (making heavy use of smart-contracts). We'll then be able to better align ourselves with future goals. I also realize that our roadmap has a lot of things that have been added that we didn't update, yet (which we'll do tomorrow). We've come up with a lot of new ideas and received feedback that will help users even further:

A few points for example not on our roadmap (yet):
  • Share your successful portfolio with other Trackr users, the owner will be able to set a price (in TKR) and any user may be able to utilize a smart contract to initiate the transaction to obtain data
  • Monte Carlo simulations to perform risk analysis on your portfolio, this would be specific for each crypto currency and typically it runs the same simulation repeatedly with different inputs and will generate a probability distribution on the likely outcome.
  • Latest Cryptocurrency news, with the option to allow users to post 'promoted' news using a smart contract (which is verified before being published). This allows the news to be targeted to non-subscription (and subscription users if they wish) and increases the share price/dividends for investors.
  • View your transactions on the Blockchain in the application, draw them on the graph if you wish to, view specific information and be able to search through them as you wish. (You can already import Ether wallet addresses currently in the Alpha version and immediately visualize your wallet value over time).

Mr.Ease

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:51:17 AM

The Alpha is quite basic currently as we've only had so much time to work on it, but we're actively listening to feedback and/or issues.

Yep, realistically speaking we may not reach this target as our app doesn't really scream decentralized. Having said that, we do have plans of integrating it with the Blockchain (making heavy use of smart-contracts). We'll then be able to better align ourselves with future goals. I also realize that our roadmap has a lot of things that have been added that we didn't update, yet (which we'll do tomorrow). We've come up with a lot of new ideas and received feedback that will help users even further:

A few points for example not on our roadmap (yet):
  • Share your successful portfolio with other Trackr users, the owner will be able to set a price (in TKR) and any user may be able to utilize a smart contract to initiate the transaction to obtain data
  • Monte Carlo simulations to perform risk analysis on your portfolio, this would be specific for each crypto currency and typically it runs the same simulation repeatedly with different inputs and will generate a probability distribution on the likely outcome.
  • Latest Cryptocurrency news, with the option to allow users to post 'promoted' news using a smart contract (which is verified before being published). This allows the news to be targeted to non-subscription (and subscription users if they wish) and increases the share price/dividends for investors.
  • View your transactions on the Blockchain in the application, draw them on the graph if you wish to, view specific information and be able to search through them as you wish. (You can already import Ether wallet addresses currently in the Alpha version and immediately visualize your wallet value over time).

I like the concept and can see what your envisioning.
With respect to the news articles, are you looking for a "seeking alpha" type setup with paid professional writers or more like a trollbox where everyone just screams "buy or cry" or "pump and dump"

If your familiar with 'Seeking Alpha" you would realize it's a fairly simply app with less complexity than your product plans, yet almost every stock trader utilizes it for portfolio updates and news articles.

I think ease of usability is key for this to be a successful product.
Also, (I may have missed this) I noticed TrackR is geared towards mobile users but is there plans for a desktop client version?

I look forward to the crowd fund. I may have missed this information too, but is there a minimum amount for the project to move forward?

trackr-im (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:33:37 AM

With respect to the news articles, are you looking for a "seeking alpha" type setup with paid professional writers or more like a trollbox where everyone just screams "buy or cry" or "pump and dump"

If your familiar with 'Seeking Alpha" you would realize it's a fairly simply app with less complexity than your product plans, yet almost every stock trader utilizes it for portfolio updates and news articles.

Also, (I may have missed this) I noticed TrackR is geared towards mobile users but is there plans for a desktop client version?

I look forward to the crowd fund. I may have missed this information too, but is there a minimum amount for the project to move forward?

I'm not actually familiar with Seeking Alpha, however the intent is not a trollbox but more a managed news list with vetted sources (think important crypto news articles being linked that may be applicable to users). As far as a desktop client goes, that's already in our roadmap and should be quite straightforward (and a lot easier for us to do as we're experienced in both frontend and backend development).

As far as minimum fund targets go, our current intention is to mature the app as we go along. The hurdles we're facing in the long term are:

A) Server Costs, this will be by far the majority. Currently we transfer almost 2 GB a day of data, this amount is minuscule right now and it's only compromised of a few things. Once we start factoring in a lot of exchanges, additional workers on the backend to compute a lot of various things, access to volatility alerts, buy walls / sell walls alerts, (meaning subscribe to websockets and such to receive live-time orders) it all adds up quickly. We'll also need to bump our servers up to crunch the data, ad-hoc servers for infrequent compute, caching clusters, etc.

Just to give you a number, we're currently processing roughly 12 000 writes an hour and we're expecting this number to rise up easily towards 300-400K entries/writes to our DB once fully matured. That's a lot of time-series data, though we've already anticipated this growth and have adapted from the start to ensure our database queries are as performant as possible (0.2s for very old data and 50-100 ms for recent data~) .

B) Team expansion, while all of the roadmap is quite feasible for us to do it still eats a lot of our raw time each day leaving little for real-life commitments. Expanding the team allows us to alleviate some of the tasks and get experienced workforce in our team.

C) Marketing/Advertising, we really want to promote our app. We're already restrained to some degree but we're planning on advertising in a few days on various platforms (CoinmarketCap, Reddit, FB, Google, press release websites) to promote the ICO. Unfortunately the crypto platforms for advertisement are very costly ranging up to a few $1000 for a day or two. Reddit/FB/Google on the other hand are OK.

D) R&D and Product Development - Currently for the Alpha we haven't touched many external tools, however some of the leading financial tools/charting software and such are under a licence. We'll also need to be spending money on the team in terms of salaries and such. We're already devoting the vast majority of our token sale to the crowdsale, the bounty allocation is the same as the team allocation (5%).

Taking into account all of the above points, if for example our fundraising came to a total of 50 ETH then that would most likely mean that we can't really exercise anything at all and would severely impact the development time, functionality and such. In our minds for it to be successful we'll need 500 ETH at the bare minimum, the rest allows us to scale a lot faster (servers, team, advertisement, exchanges, prediction models, user simulations, etc).

In the end, no matter the outcome, we'll still be developing Trackr as long as it's sustainable. We may need to revisit our strategy if things turn south however in terms of our model.

imtiazmahmood

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:42:24 AM

project is very promising and growing very well day by day. keep investors moving on trackr project. i am so excited on ICO on 15th AUGUST.
trackr-im (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:45:50 AM

project is very promising and growing very well day by day. keep investors moving on trackr project. i am so excited on ICO on 15th AUGUST.

It's the 16th of August at roughly around 12 PM UTC.

Mr.Ease

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:10:11 PM

I'm not actually familiar with Seeking Alpha, however the intent is not a trollbox but more a managed news list with vetted sources (think important crypto news articles being linked that may be applicable to users). As far as a desktop client goes, that's already in our roadmap and should be quite straightforward (and a lot easier for us to do as we're experienced in both frontend and backend development).

As far as minimum fund targets go, our current intention is to mature the app as we go along. The hurdles we're facing in the long term are:

A) Server Costs, this will be by far the majority. Currently we transfer almost 2 GB a day of data, this amount is minuscule right now and it's only compromised of a few things. Once we start factoring in a lot of exchanges, additional workers on the backend to compute a lot of various things, access to volatility alerts, buy walls / sell walls alerts, (meaning subscribe to websockets and such to receive live-time orders) it all adds up quickly. We'll also need to bump our servers up to crunch the data, ad-hoc servers for infrequent compute, caching clusters, etc.

Just to give you a number, we're currently processing roughly 12 000 writes an hour and we're expecting this number to rise up easily towards 300-400K entries/writes to our DB once fully matured. That's a lot of time-series data, though we've already anticipated this growth and have adapted from the start to ensure our database queries are as performant as possible (0.2s for very old data and 50-100 ms for recent data~) .

B) Team expansion, while all of the roadmap is quite feasible for us to do it still eats a lot of our raw time each day leaving little for real-life commitments. Expanding the team allows us to alleviate some of the tasks and get experienced workforce in our team.

C) Marketing/Advertising, we really want to promote our app. We're already restrained to some degree but we're planning on advertising in a few days on various platforms (CoinmarketCap, Reddit, FB, Google, press release websites) to promote the ICO. Unfortunately the crypto platforms for advertisement are very costly ranging up to a few $1000 for a day or two. Reddit/FB/Google on the other hand are OK.

D) R&D and Product Development - Currently for the Alpha we haven't touched many external tools, however some of the leading financial tools/charting software and such are under a licence. We'll also need to be spending money on the team in terms of salaries and such. We're already devoting the vast majority of our token sale to the crowdsale, the bounty allocation is the same as the team allocation (5%).

Taking into account all of the above points, if for example our fundraising came to a total of 50 ETH then that would most likely mean that we can't really exercise anything at all and would severely impact the development time, functionality and such. In our minds for it to be successful we'll need 500 ETH at the bare minimum, the rest allows us to scale a lot faster (servers, team, advertisement, exchanges, prediction models, user simulations, etc).

In the end, no matter the outcome, we'll still be developing Trackr as long as it's sustainable. We may need to revisit our strategy if things turn south however in terms of our model.

You seem very skeptical of the upcoming crowd fund...
If the min. Is 500 eth I think you will be fine.

An alpha version, with a bunch of ideas for the future...
I see at least 3-5K eth.
I'd be fine with a burn at the end.

trackr-im (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:50:02 PM

You seem very skeptical of the upcoming crowd fund...
If the min. Is 500 eth I think you will be fine.

An alpha version, with a bunch of ideas for the future...
I see at least 3-5K eth.
I'd be fine with a burn at the end.

Yep, we got the burn covered in our contract code (https://github.com/trackr-im/contracts/blob/master/contracts/Crowdsale.sol#L99). We just need to push some updates to the contract code to account for the decimals and to use the new assert/require syntax rather than throw, but other than that it's looking OK.

The reason for the skepticism is that we don't unfortunately have the huge budget to throw at marketing/advertising right now, most ICOs as you're probably aware are driven by hype rather than their actual use. We've been following Coindash as well, and found it strangely odd that they were trying to raise an astronomical amount for something yet-so-simple to implement; though, we all know how that ended up as.

Anyhow no matter, we'll do what we can Smiley

dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:02:21 PM

I'm just installed the app on my android, it looks nice and so smooth (no lags) but I'm wondering is there any ways to change the price on the market menu into btc like what we can see at coinmarketcap where users can switch the price into some options based on their currency?
trackr-im (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:33:36 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2017, 04:48:31 PM by trackr-im

I'm just installed the app on my android, it looks nice and so smooth (no lags) but I'm wondering is there any ways to change the price on the market menu into btc like what we can see at coinmarketcap where users can switch the price into some options based on their currency?

Right now there's no way to do that, but it's in our whitepaper and we will be adding it to switch to common currencies (BTC, USD, GBP, EUR) etc. It's quite a simple change actually, we just haven't implemented the settings page to do so. We'll try to get this functionality in as soon as possible along with some other things.

Also it seems some people didn't understand how to do certain things:

• You can swipe left on a holding or a watcher to delete it
  • Import Account allows you to enter an Ether wallet address which is automatically visualized (you can add as many as you want, synchronize them, delete a few, etc).
  • The graph is interactive, you can click to see individual points or zoom in with two fingers. You can also slide left and right by panning with two fingers to the left or right.
  • You can swipe down on the market and home (portfolio) page, this refreshes the data without having to navigate to another page and back.

ultraspiritual

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:43:21 PM

the UI looks cool, good work
Kishan748

Activity: 330
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:21:19 PM

Having working product before ico will support this project
it will help this project to get min funding goal
Cauchy

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:24:36 PM

Have tried the Android app, Count me in for the ICO. Best of luck!
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 12:08:21 AM

Sorry dev want to ask, why my blog is not allowed because do not use english, but i see many use with other language.
Please do not make double stadar, thank you
trackr-im (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:37:43 AM

Sorry dev want to ask, why my blog is not allowed because do not use english, but i see many use with other language.
Please do not make double stadar, thank you

Please post bounty-related questions @ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2046564.0 and we'll have a look from there. If your entry was denied then it should notify why.

Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:48:32 AM

I'm not familiar with ICO's, so can you tell me if i think correct.. On your website I found information that 5000 TKR = 1 ETH. Is it mean that now (before ICO starts) we can value Trackr coin like 0.0002 ETH, so around 0.00001750 BTC ? (if I calculate it correct..  Roll Eyes )
trackr-im (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:59:13 AM

I'm not familiar with ICO's, so can you tell me if i think correct.. On your website I found information that 5000 TKR = 1 ETH. Is it mean that now (before ICO starts) we can value Trackr coin like 0.0002 ETH, so around 0.00001750 BTC ? (if I calculate it correct..  Roll Eyes )

Your calculation is not factoring in bonus being allocated (20% bonus during the first 48 hours of the ICO), other than that it does seem correct. If we take the total cap (at that time) divided by the total coins, then yes it's about right.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: