Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:47:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoodCoin (FdC) - currency for business and social activity  (Read 40137 times)
Iolanta (OP)

Activity: 1024
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:55:19 PM

Getting hungry, when i see this Foodcoin again. I'm sure it is already asked somewhere, but is there a bounty campain ?
Read more about our bounty here: https://www.foodcoin.io/en/bounty
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:08:17 PM

Do you guys have any venture capitalists on board?
We have a lot of members all over the world, but their fortune is not so important for us.

What's your hard cap?
125 000 ETH

Do you plan on hitting it?
We have all signs that we can hit it. So we shall wait for the end of December and see

Nice, I have confidence in the idea since so many people are so diligent about what they're eating nowadays.
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 08:26:44 PM

Where are you guys headquartered anyway?
In Luzern (Switzerland).

Oh cool. What would you say makes the founders so passionate about this?
Gregory Arzumanian works with farmers since long time ago, and he believes that blockchain can solve many of their problems.

Can you walk me through how individual fruits and vegetables are labeled/added to the blockchain? Is it by hand?
They will not be added to the blockchain. It will be the information from competent people and organizations: the certifying bodies, delivery services, the information from farmers about the origin, how was it grown, the sort, etc. Depending on the smart contract. And yes, it will be by hand through different kinds smart contracts

I guess I massively misunderstood this project if you aren't using blockchain to label everything. How else would you keep up with it all?
The blockchain will be the base for farmers, certifying bodies, etc. in which they will submit the required information about the products.

Okay, so the name and location of the farm that all the produce is from will be easily identifiable through blockchain?
Yep. It is just what we have planned

Seems completely realistic and achievable. Also very useful in case of produce recalls, which are pretty commonplace nowadays in the US it seems at least.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:44:48 PM

It seems like this could really help with monitoring nutrition and calories too.

Is this true? Will nutritional value be built in?
As long as the seller provides this information

What's the most amount of data able to be shared on produce?
It is the information from the farmers, certifiers, customs brokers, delivery services, which also can be added with text comments. More details will be known as soon as the development of the Blockchain starts

Very nice, I look forward to reading about this in detail.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 08:56:05 PM

Do you have any big farming companies on board with this?

celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:04:14 PM

Do you guys have any patents?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Iolanta (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:11:35 AM

Article about FoodCoin on a Top German Resource
The leading finance resource published an article about the concept of FoodCoin and our work.
If you are our German speaking member, we invite you to read the article:
https://www.wallstreet-online.de/nachricht/10114825-foodcoin-ecosystem-foodcoin-nachhaltigen-lebensmittelhandel
Iolanta (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:43:17 AM

Do you have any big farming companies on board with this?
Our main priority are the small-scale farms, but it's available for registration for everybody. There is already 700 farmers registered.
Iolanta (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:43:44 AM

Do you guys have any patents?
FoodCoin is an officially registered trademark. The company is on the last stage of registration in Switzerland. Do you think we should register patents too?
Iolanta (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:54:22 PM

KYC/AML Process Is Available Now
KYC/AML  process is available now on our website. Pass through now for optimising your time during TGE.
This is a mandatory procedure required for compliance with Swiss legislation. Your data will remain totally safe. Mike kindly recorded a new video tutorial. Check out this link please:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MFuY2-YMiY&feature=youtu.be
Dipsomaniac

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:53:16 PM

Any possible ideas that have been tossed around but didn't make it to the roadmap, that could possibly see in the future?
okspam

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:19:55 PM

So would you eventually be able to see what vegetables were used in a salad at a restaurant? The restaurant would have to be involved in the process too I imagine for that to happen.
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 08:31:19 PM

In Luzern (Switzerland).

Gregory Arzumanian works with farmers since long time ago, and he believes that blockchain can solve many of their problems.

Can you walk me through how individual fruits and vegetables are labeled/added to the blockchain? Is it by hand?
They will not be added to the blockchain. It will be the information from competent people and organizations: the certifying bodies, delivery services, the information from farmers about the origin, how was it grown, the sort, etc. Depending on the smart contract. And yes, it will be by hand through different kinds smart contracts

I guess I massively misunderstood this project if you aren't using blockchain to label everything. How else would you keep up with it all?
The blockchain will be the base for farmers, certifying bodies, etc. in which they will submit the required information about the products.

Okay, so the name and location of the farm that all the produce is from will be easily identifiable through blockchain?

Seems completely realistic and achievable. Also very useful in case of produce recalls, which are pretty commonplace nowadays in the US it seems at least.

Is this a possible use case? Sometimes they'll struggle to track down all the tainted produce at stores, but they all stem from the same farm. With this technology you could very easily get all the produce off the shelf before someone else gets sick or even dies, if I'm understanding the tech right.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
arbitro

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:50:29 PM

So would you eventually be able to see what vegetables were used in a salad at a restaurant? The restaurant would have to be involved in the process too I imagine for that to happen.
My guess theoretically yes, in practice it would probably be time consuming for restaurant employees to be showing each client where each ingredient of each dish is coming from, you'd have to make photocopies or have dozens of ipads just to show that to clients who demand it, clients who would also then like to comment or ask the waiter about this amazing new technology behind it bla bla bla  Cheesy... but who knows maybe some small restaurants might want to offer that choice as a way to attracting that "special" kind of client...
Iolanta (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:45:45 AM

It is time to get prepared for the TGE
We remind you that our TGE starts already on December 12! If you plan to participate, you should pass the KYC process. You can already do it!
To do that, open your profile and select TGE/KYC in the left part of the page. It is as easy as filling out the fields and accepting the conditions.
For clarity you can watch the manual on the video by the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MFuY2-YMiY
It is also important to read our T&C: https://www.foodcoin.io/files/doc/terms-and-conditions.pdf
Iolanta (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:50:06 PM

Any possible ideas that have been tossed around but didn't make it to the roadmap, that could possibly see in the future?
The first we should do is to develop the blockchain, and tell farmers and producers about the possibilities the blockchain will give them. The "teaching" is the main objective, and after reaching it, it will be possible to  embody such ideas as discount systems in foodcoins in cafes and restaurants, establish whole local food systems, organize markets on which the FOODs will be accepted, etc.
Iolanta (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:51:35 PM

Yes, it is possible, not only for veggies, but chicken, oil, cheese... We consider including the restaurants in the system, so it is planned.
Iolanta (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:04:44 PM

In Luzern (Switzerland).

Is this a possible use case? Sometimes they'll struggle to track down all the tainted produce at stores, but they all stem from the same farm. With this technology you could very easily get all the produce off the shelf before someone else gets sick or even dies, if I'm understanding the tech right.
Yes, this is a possible scenario, yet most  stores just use common databases. The other thing that they will not be able to modify the expiry dates, the origin data, etc.
Dipsomaniac

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:28:05 PM

The first we should do is to develop the blockchain, and tell farmers and producers about the possibilities the blockchain will give them. The "teaching" is the main objective, and after reaching it, it will be possible to  embody such ideas as discount systems in foodcoins in cafes and restaurants, establish whole local food systems, organize markets on which the FOODs will be accepted, etc.

Solid ideas. I think you could use it to easily keep track of supply and demand. The data could be very useful for farmers to know how much of what they will need every year.
okspam

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:51:24 PM

My guess theoretically yes, in practice it would probably be time consuming for restaurant employees to be showing each client where each ingredient of each dish is coming from, you'd have to make photocopies or have dozens of ipads just to show that to clients who demand it, clients who would also then like to comment or ask the waiter about this amazing new technology behind it bla bla bla  Cheesy... but who knows maybe some small restaurants might want to offer that choice as a way to attracting that "special" kind of client...

You'd be surprised how many customers at nice hip restaurants want to know exactly where their food comes from. You get bonus points if it's from a small, commune based, vegan, GMO free, womens shelter. Idk, just pulled that out of my ass lol, you get the point though. People like to feel good about themselves, and who they give their money to can be pretty important.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: