Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:14:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】 【ICO LIVE !】 🔥WWAM🔥 - Decentralized messaging protocol  (Read 26963 times)
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:34:31 PM

actual news of a delicate change in german legislation regarding to the encryption of messengers like whatsapp

http://www.politico.eu/article/german-government-to-spy-on-encrypted-messaging-services/

Just to list a few, I've heard something similiar from the UK government as well.
Times are getting worse and worse - just one more reason for WWAM!

What if any implementations of WWAM are forced to implement backdoors by the governments? Also observe that the German and UK governments have been elected democratically, therefore the majority of the population are afraid of encrypted messaging. That fear is fueled for a significant amount by terrorism, which in turn is caused by inequality. I don't think we'll solve inequality by putting backdoors in people's phones. It's also a vicious circle, more surveillance leads to more anonymous messaging.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CCEDKaps (OP)

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:36:38 PM

Hey,

I think your project is something worth to keep an eye on, because in recent days we lose more and more control about our privacy. To be honest I am not a programmer or someone with a lot of knowledge how all this protocols work but before investing into a coin I want to understand it and know if it fits for me.

I have two questions at the moment.

The first one is: Your project ist build on an anonymous messaging protocol. Do you think this could be abused for bad? And would there be a backdoor or something for the developers to reveal abuse?

The second one is: Recently there were news about other coins that got revelead as not so anonymous than it was thought, do you think that something like that could happen in any way to you? I mean, never say never, but have you plans to keep it as anonymous as it should be? Smiley

Anyways, keep the good work up!

Whitepaper p. 9

WWAM seeks to make it impossible, for communication between users, to be compromised in any
instance, when communicating over the internet. All messages between users on the WWAM network will
be encrypted. Encryption will be mandatory, and un-encrypted messages rejected automatically by the
network.

The nodes will have zero knowledge about the users on the platform, and they will not be able to read
messages and content. Users will not be required to register to use WWAM, thereby rendering login and
password combinations useless. There will be no central server to store private information, and all
messages will stay in the blockchain. Contact lists and message history are non-existent unless the user
opts to maintain one.

WWAM will use a large network of many nodes. Whenever a user sends a message, the network will
process the message on different nodes. If a node on the network sees the user's Internet Protocol (IP)
address, the rest of the network would be oblivious to that information. With a network of thousands of
nodes, it is impossible for an attacker to control enough nodes to access the Internet Protocol (IP) address
of a specific user. Should the improbable happen, and the attacker is able to see the users IP address, they
will not be able to access the users messages

read more about it here: http://wwam.io/Whitepaper.pdf

And as it is supposed to be decentralized, I think there should'nt be the possibility of backdoors for anyone.

Summarize it pretty well, there will be no such thing as a backdoor, the code will be open-sourced anyway  Wink
Klangburg

Activity: 720
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 09:42:10 PM

actual news of a delicate change in german legislation regarding to the encryption of messengers like whatsapp

http://www.politico.eu/article/german-government-to-spy-on-encrypted-messaging-services/

Just to list a few, I've heard something similiar from the UK government as well.

What if any implementations of WWAM are forced to implement backdoors by the governments? Also observe that the German and UK governments have been elected democratically, therefore the majority of the population are afraid of encrypted messaging. That fear is fueled for a significant amount by terrorism, which in turn is caused by inequality. I don't think we'll solve inequality by putting backdoors in people's phones. It's also a vicious circle, more surveillance leads to more anonymous messaging.

Once the token is deployed on the ethereum blockchain, you (WWAM Devs) cannot change anything it its' code later on.
And as we know, crypto in whole cannot be regulated by anyone, nor by a single government.
To do so, you'd have to shutdown the internet totally. Here we go - this won't ever happen and this is why we all love cryptos!  Cool

This fact is i.e. an ongoing issue on Minerum, so that the dev decided to develop a new (MNE2) coin including the missing features of MNE1.

t.me/cryptodeutsch
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:44:44 PM

Can you add a counter of raised money to your site? that we can see the progress. In ETH or may be in USD
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:49:29 PM

You can check the contract if you want to see the amount raised. But yes its a nice idea to put a counter in the site.
I'm so excited by this ico, i Check it sonmany time Smiley.
The node offer by the project can offer huge reward, have a part of WWAM is very important, cause this project can go to the moon very fast. They have just to launch the platform and the project will be the greatest.
CCEDKaps (OP)

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:53:43 PM

Can you add a counter of raised money to your site? that we can see the progress. In ETH or may be in USD

It's already there, not really hidden you must not have searched it for long : http://wwam.io/ico
It's in the plain middle of the page, with a progress bar along with ETH invested and mWWAM tokens created Wink
magisterr

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:04:13 PM

Oh.. sorry, I somehow did not notice a counter.. Now Im watching for progress with attentively ))
Bonus of % is for single 7 days or until you collect soft cap?
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:06:27 PM

What a nice logo, needed 1 min to decode the letters correctly between all the possibilities, awsome style ...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
sserugh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:13:10 PM

Nice project, this is Ofc a major problem tou are trying to solve. You write in The whitepaper that you Also want other developers to develop/implement there own chat clients. Will you give them any incitement to do so, or do you assume that other developers will see how good your protocol is, and therefor do it?
LifeOfDoge

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:15:08 PM

On the one hand it is sad that world is going that direction but on the other hand more restriction like that more value WWAMI will have  Wink

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
YouShallNotPass

Activity: 392
Merit: 130

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:21:53 PM

Will this messaging protocal also be usable for smartphones?
Anyway, an ambitous and challenging project, but it definitely could become a real success story, will keep an eye on it the following months.

As far as their's a developer who would embrace WWAM protocol then yes. It will always be usable for smartphones.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:24:10 PM

Good luck with the ICO... Encryption is a good thing for privacy. Hope you guys can get funded.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:29:07 PM

Anyway, an ambitous and challenging project, but it definitely could become a real success story, will keep an eye on it the following months.

As far as their's a developer who would embrace WWAM protocol then yes. It will always be usable for smartphones.

If they dont make a ios or android application with the wwam protocol out of it, then it is a huge waste of possibilities :/ imo.

Like 80% of the world population is using smartphones or tablets, this is such a huge marketplace for a wwam app Smiley

hackis

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:33:25 PM

What a nice logo, needed 1 min to decode the letters correctly between all the possibilities, awsome style ...

Wow, I didn't even notice that the logo is made to spell all the different letters of WWAM. That's really cool.
magisterr

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:33:44 PM

For smartphones? For IOS of for Android? Where you find this information? In whitepaper talking about Desktop version only.. As I understand

-Q2 2018 – Q3 2018 -> Protocol and node software release
-Q3 2018 -> REST API release
-Q3 2018 -> Windows/Linux Client release

magisterr

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:38:38 PM

Yes. Now almost all people talking in mobile devices (in transport, in the street, at work..) So you must create a mobile version mainly
YouShallNotPass

Activity: 392
Merit: 130

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:39:44 PM

Contribute to ICO and grab your 15% Bonus. Approximately 6days and 21 hours remaining. Visit http://wwam.io/ico to contribute

magisterr

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:48:22 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2017, 10:59:27 PM by magisterr

YouShallNotPass

Why you posted pictures, if you are not a dev?
I asked you about mobile device. Where you find this information? Dont mislead please, read whitepaper
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:01:33 PM

If they dont make a ios or android application with the wwam protocol out of it, then it is a huge waste of possibilities :/ imo.

Like 80% of the world population is using smartphones or tablets, this is such a huge marketplace for a wwam app Smiley

But also so many people use pc (especially windows) too you know, thats why bill gates is so rich  Grin Grin
But of course with the addition of android/ios app it will be more better.
Johnny Carsonogenic

Activity: 537

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:01:41 PM

Really excited we are live, I have pointed a few friends and a few wallets this direction and I am really looking ahead to a bright future and big things with the platform and being an early adopter.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: