Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:00:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】 【ICO LIVE !】 🔥WWAM🔥 - Decentralized messaging protocol  (Read 26963 times)
sserugh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:21:10 PM

The potential market is huge of course. I wonder how long it would take until the general public would adopt a technology like this. A new Wikileaks leak about how the NSA and other organisations monitor everything we do, would really give a technology like this a real push!

This will happen in some years after the mass has come to crypto, not even before that.
The herd is always known for being lazy, most of the times being that much too long as they regret it later badly.
But every single one of us can help to archieve this goal by supporting this promising project.
Spread the word of WWAM!

It could also play out in the opposite way. If they(or someone else) just makes a really great messaging app, without the public needing to know that much about crypto, or the foundation/protocol behind the app, it could also be huge. Then you would have the cryptopeople behind it, and the general public using it, but without the need for them to really know the technology.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:30:58 PM

The potential market is huge of course. I wonder how long it would take until the general public would adopt a technology like this. A new Wikileaks leak about how the NSA and other organisations monitor everything we do, would really give a technology like this a real push!

We don't need another wikileaks' leak man, we already know what NSA and similar organizations are doing. In fact I already nuked my facebook and myspace accounts, if someone in the future will do a very nice and usable app based on wwam protocol (or other anon protocols) I'll dump also all my instant messages apps

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:45:09 PM

Yes if an app appear with WWAM protocol and work nicely, that will be huge and a lot of people will take it instead of standard messaging app with no privacy.
WWAM protcol will disrupt the market, and cause its open source we will see great application in the future.
The one whi miss this ico will cry a lot in few mounth.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:11:53 PM

This must come out as an ios android app for sure! it would be huge impact on the business sector as well as on the private sector.

i believe many big businesses are in need of something more crypted communication, because they are already a target of industrial espionage Smiley

believe me, i know what say Smiley
RonMank

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:30:35 PM

relax guys.
There are already fully encrypted messengers out there and so far they dont even have a product.
hackis

Activity: 330

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:38:39 PM

relax guys.
There are already fully encrypted messengers out there and so far they dont even have a product.

Yeah, but vast majority of those are centralized and you can't really trust a product with centralized servers. WWAM is decentralized with blockchain, that's why it's kinda a big deal.
Klangburg

Activity: 720
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 05:55:20 PM

This will happen in some years after the mass has come to crypto, not even before that.
The herd is always known for being lazy, most of the times being that much too long as they regret it later badly.
But every single one of us can help to archieve this goal by supporting this promising project.
Spread the word of WWAM!

It could also play out in the opposite way. If they(or someone else) just makes a really great messaging app, without the public needing to know that much about crypto, or the foundation/protocol behind the app, it could also be huge. Then you would have the cryptopeople behind it, and the general public using it, but without the need for them to really know the technology.

True, though I like to imagine it this way as well.
Would make things much more simple and the use case of WWAM better adoptable.
Let's see what will work out sooner.

t.me/cryptodeutsch
mainconcept

Merit: 422

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:54:47 PM

relax guys.

That also can be a positive thing, because they provide the platform and you or some developer can integrate the protocol in their own applications.

I see a lot of potential in this secured messaging platform.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:56:01 PM

The best fact is that its a protocol and yes its decentralized, the blockchain application is very huge.
Decentralisation open source and blockchain combianed so great things. WWAM Can do a messaging protocol service how will revolutionate the future of messaging services. Server are not secure, but with decentralisation and open source protocol we can reach a maximum level of secrutity and privacy.
mainconcept

Merit: 422

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:58:56 PM

Since your messaging protocol  has also huge advantages for the corporate sector in protecting their sensitive information, do you have any plans to promote the protocal and involve companies in the crowdfunding?

That's what in my mind also. Companies should consider this project to help them protect the informations they have especially in communications aspect. A good press releases would be interesting to catch their attentions.

Thats true, more and more companies are using messaging services to communicate with their branch offices, people in home offices etc.

I mean think about industrial espionage and so on. With such a platform you have control over your data back, nobody can sniff in.
sserugh

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:59:06 PM

Hope the ICO goes well, i will follow the project with interest, so that i can be among the first to try it out when it is done:) I hope that you will keep the community updated during the entire process:)
hackis

Activity: 330

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:59:45 PM

relax guys.

That also can be a positive thing, because they provide the platform and you or some developer can integrate the protocol in their own applications.

I see a lot of potential in this secured messaging platform.

True. There's a massive potential in blockchain-based messaging apps and WWAM is a great platform for that. Literally anyone can use it to make their own app. It's going to be big if they manage to deliver.
thedue

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:15:59 PM

Any stats how the ICO is going so far?!  Shocked
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:33:13 PM

Any stats how the ICO is going so far?!  Shocked
you can see it here  Wink http://wwam.io/ico, it shows 15 eth again, don't know if it's real or dev manually update it ot it's bugged

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:03:50 PM

The French thread is available here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2078743.0
CCEDKaps (OP)

Activity: 621

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:01:24 PM

Any stats how the ICO is going so far?!  Shocked
you can see it here  Wink http://wwam.io/ico, it shows 15 eth again, don't know if it's real or dev manually update it ot it's bugged

It's absolutely not bugged, it's an automated node script on our server querying the ethereum contract every minute, so that's perfectly accurate. By the way you can check that for yourself by checking the "weiRaised" variable of the contract Wink

It's a slow start for sure, but if we keep getting investment at that frequency, we should make it to the funding goal Smiley

Remember that it's safe to invest even if the funding goal is far away - if we don't reach it the Ethereum contract is programmed for refunding investors
drbarber

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:14:38 PM

This will be a neat project once it's up and running. WWAM for messaging, Brave for browsing, mysterium (if that ever gets up & running) as a VPN. Think WWAM will have more use than the others though since it's trying to tackle different venues of communication.
Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:29:44 PM

This will be a neat project once it's up and running. WWAM for messaging, Brave for browsing, mysterium (if that ever gets up & running) as a VPN. Think WWAM will have more use than the others though since it's trying to tackle different venues of communication.

That would be nice, for sure. I'm not totally against the use of private data, I'm against the use without consent, and without totally knowing what they are used for.

It would be nice if we had a total control over every bit of data we emit from our PC, and if we find it in a location we don't like or where it should not be, we can eraze it with one click.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:02:50 PM

That would be nice, for sure. I'm not totally against the use of private data, I'm against the use without consent, and without totally knowing what they are used for.

It would be nice if we had a total control over every bit of data we emit from our PC, and if we find it in a location we don't like or where it should not be, we can eraze it with one click.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither. He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security"
The Late & Great: Benjamin Franklin
      These are trying times we are living in. As technology progresses, the less privacy we're afforded.
This startup could possibly excel if It had a mobile app. Google Play store, & Apple store would open the door for a wider audience, as The majority of consumers as of today, do all of their internet realted activities with their smart phone.

CCEDKaps (OP)

Activity: 621

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:47:29 AM

The French thread is available here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2078743.0

Thanks for the translation, will be checking on it and add you to the spreadsheet asap  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: