Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:23:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:57:54 PM

Yes the ico is very soon, be ready for the start in few hours. Datum has really a lot of potential, I think it’s good to enter in the project now. I’m Impatient to see the start of the pre sale !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:50:26 PM

Just checked the Datum demo again.

https://demo.datum.org

I was wondering how will you store the data? In Europe there are a lof of new regulations regarding privacy and I was wondering how Datum will comply with this.

The download link for the DEMO version in the App Store is inaccessible.
What do you mean? you cant install / download it?
I can get there
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.datum.app

Not the Android app in Google play but IOS app in App store Smiley

I think they haven't released an iOS of the demo app yet. You have to test the demo on their website
theovalich

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Entrepreneur and Tech Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 12:44:11 AM

KYC to join whitepaper? it seems a bit excessive,share my info for free?...

You do not need KYC to read the whitepaper, just to participate in a public token sale.

Actually, what makes our KYC process different - is that YOU own the data we capture. As soon as legal holding time ends (as required by the Swiss banking laws), we will return all the data to you and you will have a choice what to do with it.

We will NOT OUTSOURCE KYC process to a call center in countries where those call centers are and have someone go through your personal data.
theovalich

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 12:57:04 AM

what are the plans to lure businesses towards Datum and leave bigger players like facebook and google?

Very good question. I don't want to let this question go off into the dozens of pages. Would love to hear an answer to this too Smiley

this is not only a god question... it is a essential question for the sucess of the project - i did not find the strategy out jet

He is getting old, but a surprising number of younger people know him. He's kept up his appearances in more recent years, had a huge role in Priceline's advertising campaign.

There are several actors who were incredibly smart and savvy businessman/woman. My personal top three in terms of impact / earnings - top two are great positive cases.

1) William Shatner - took a promotional role in Priceline in exchange for stocks. Earned $600 million on stock and in their sale to Expedia
https://www.forbes.com/sites/velocity/2010/05/04/william-shatner-has-made-600-million-shilling-priceline-com/#6c921195e44e
2) Mike Myers, Cameron Diaz, Ed Murphy - shot Shrek for a regulated minimum salary according to their union (SAG-AFTRA) in exchange for share of movie profits AND franchising (toys etc.). Shrek became a six billion USD franchise. Jointly, they pocketed over $1.4 billion.
3) 50 cent and Glaceau on VitaminWater - over $500 million earned (him going bankrupt just shows that money isn't everything)
Yasemin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:10:26 AM

KYC to join whitepaper? it seems a bit excessive,share my info for free?...

What do you mean? I can open the Whitepaper of Datum without any problems and without giving my information: https://datum.org/assets/Datum-WhitePaper.pdf

I think he means KYC to join whitelist for the tokensale instead of whitepaper, am I correct? Otherwise would be weird

toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:24:49 AM

what are the plans to lure businesses towards Datum and leave bigger players like facebook and google?

Very good question. I don't want to let this question go off into the dozens of pages. Would love to hear an answer to this too Smiley

this is not only a god question... it is a essential question for the sucess of the project - i did not find the strategy out jet
This is only my opinion.
Data from datum will be more obvious and more trusted, because the data owner knows that theyre selling it, not giving it for free.
And little a little guess, i think datum will offer cheaper price than others.
theovalich

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 01:37:52 AM

To look into Facebook and Google is fairly limited - then we're talking just about advertising. Datum is about advertising to a point, but the arrival of smart devices opens a whole new field of data you could sell or buy. We're starting to see traction, with businesses approaching us to encrypt user data, and to enable direct sharing.

First design win: Ozmo Smart Bottle
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/datum-teams-with-groking-lab-on-ozmo-smart-bottle-300543121.html

Second design win: Swings Smartwatch
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/swings-to-launch-datum-enabled-smartwatches-300543965.html

Third design win... would really like to show, but we have multiple business leads. Right now, we are talking to five more companies, four approached us, we approached one. This is for hardware design wins. I am not handling data buyers, but there is a substantial number, especially startups that cannot afford spending $120,000 to reach 1.8 million people. At Datum, we want to remove the fluff and establish a direct connection between you as the data seller and the data buyer.
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:17:02 AM

This is only my opinion.
Data from datum will be more obvious and more trusted, because the data owner knows that theyre selling it, not giving it for free.
And little a little guess, i think datum will offer cheaper price than others.

Well considering that the data will be more accurate and was given for the client with a payment and that the platform allows for the data to be cheaper and more accurate, that will make the data more appealing rather than facebook and google, where they just take the data and use it or sell it.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:40:28 AM

From whitepaper:

The Datum network model could provide a basic income for everyone by allowing them to monetize their anonymized data.
As user of Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yahoo and similar services - every year you create an excess of US $2,000, created directly from your personal data alone. For corporate entities, the value is even greater. This is only the value represented by data in each of these “data silos”, when you connect this data, the richer and wider the information, the more money it is worth.

They mean, that we can earn 2000$ per year  just from our data on their platfrom?
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:44:29 AM

Its less than 9 hours to go before the token sale. The community are excited for this event. Good luck to all. Smiley
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:18:44 AM

From whitepaper:

The Datum network model could provide a basic income for everyone by allowing them to monetize their anonymized data.
As user of Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yahoo and similar services - every year you create an excess of US $2,000, created directly from your personal data alone. For corporate entities, the value is even greater. This is only the value represented by data in each of these “data silos”, when you connect this data, the richer and wider the information, the more money it is worth.

They mean, that we can earn 2000$ per year  just from our data on their platfrom?

If this is the case than it will be revolutionary for people in third world countries, since they will have a basic income. This article (2016) shows that internet users in emerging and developing countries are more likely to use social media compared with those in the developed world.
Read more:
http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/02/22/smartphone-ownership-and-internet-usage-continues-to-climb-in-emerging-economies/

Sy
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Bounty Detective

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:26:24 AM

Its less than 9 hours to go before the token sale. The community are excited for this event. Good luck to all. Smiley

I am quite excited for the ICO as well it's a good thing that they are conducting whitelist based ICO coz of that I will get proper chance to buy some tokens.

BOUNTY DETECTIVE