Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:50:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:16:20 PM

The best fact in datum is that they will create a platform that will help us to see the value of the data and our data. Its a great feature and datum can disrupt the data market with that.

Somehow i am thinking that it's lower then we think. Facebook can sell our information in bulks, unlike we who can sell only individual data of ourselves.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:22:43 PM

The best fact in datum is that they will create a platform that will help us to see the value of the data and our data. Its a great feature and datum can disrupt the data market with that.

Somehow i am thinking that it's lower then we think. Facebook can sell our information in bulks, unlike we who can sell only individual data of ourselves.
Yes, but only for example in China, where there are 1.4 billion people, there is no facebook! I think this is not the only example..

haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:29:12 PM

If you want to purchase data, will you have to provide some personal data or will you be able to buy the data anonym?

the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:34:48 PM

Yes, but only for example in China, where there are 1.4 billion people, there is no facebook! I think this is not the only example..

they have their own version of facebook man. i think it's state run?

viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 880

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:42:09 PM

What about the Alpha version of the application? promised to release a couple of months ago. Now appeared or not?

There is an early alpha version on Google Play store. There's also a "web app demo" on our website:

https://demo.datum.org

The version on the Play store is quite old, and we'll bring an update soon.

Thanx for this link.
I see this is just a demo and not really a alpha version. The purpose is only to give you an idea of how it will look like in the future. I really like that Datum is providing a demo, good work.

And that they did not have time to create a working version instead of a demo? I do not like this approach to work: first we get the money, and then we will work. And if they do not work?

Okay,... But you know the function of an ICO? Datum needs to collect money to realize their idea like any other project. If they would have a complete product, they wouldnt need an ICO Cheesy

Do you think you should first collect $45.9 million to start releasing a mobile application? This application is only a small part of the whole project, and it was possible to make it already now in the final version. Among the main functions of ICO, I know the main thing - to collect money and go beyond the horizon. I do not think that this applies to Datum, but I do not rule out the possibility of such a thing.
lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 05:46:27 PM

If you want to purchase data, will you have to provide some personal data or will you be able to buy the data anonym?

i think, it will be anonim

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:50:37 PM

I wonder what kind of patents Datum has filed?

A patent was filled ? I don't think I saw any information about it. Would be surprising knowing that others project focus on data selling too.
Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:53:09 PM

Alpha Application

Our alpha application is now available to a limited number of users. As we improve the performance of front-end side, we’ll be releasing the app to a large number of users in a run-up to the Beta version of the app and the launch of test network, currently scheduled for December 2017.

This is just the first of several features we’ll be unveiling soon, with a new feature to follow by the end of the week. What that may be? Stay tuned.

Thanks for the Update,
cant wait to see how the DATUM system is going to work.  Smiley
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:59:32 PM

What about the Alpha version of the application? promised to release a couple of months ago. Now appeared or not?

There is an early alpha version on Google Play store. There's also a "web app demo" on our website:

Thanx for this link.
I see this is just a demo and not really a alpha version. The purpose is only to give you an idea of how it will look like in the future. I really like that Datum is providing a demo, good work.

And that they did not have time to create a working version instead of a demo? I do not like this approach to work: first we get the money, and then we will work. And if they do not work?

Okay,... But you know the function of an ICO? Datum needs to collect money to realize their idea like any other project. If they would have a complete product, they wouldnt need an ICO Cheesy

Do you think you should first collect $45.9 million to start releasing a mobile application? This application is only a small part of the whole project, and it was possible to make it already now in the final version. Among the main functions of ICO, I know the main thing - to collect money and go beyond the horizon. I do not think that this applies to Datum, but I do not rule out the possibility of such a thing.

I don't think so either, they've put in a ton of work to create everything they have, they go to conventions, are highly active, and much more.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:28:31 PM

they have their own version of facebook man. i think it's state run?
Yes, there is Qzone in China, but it is practically not used in the rest of the world. I meant this, because there are separate large networks (Facebook, Google, Qzone) having huge volumes of information. But so far there is not a single network that unites all the information globally. If Datum succeeds in translating this into reality, it will be an explosion!

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:35:27 PM

The essential idea behind Datum is not even that novel.

There have been cashback websites for years, which pay (part) of the referral fees they receive from the shop back to the consumer. Those referral fees are usually given to websites that show banner ads, blogs or advertise in a different way. One could say the referral fee is the grease and the ads are the wheels to drive customers to the shop.

What is the connection with personal information data you might ask? As a shop you do not want to spend too many money on ads that proves ineffective. Personal information lets the shops target ads on specific groups of people. Companies like Google then combined personal information with referral fees and that was the birth of AdWords.
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:38:09 PM

Alpha Application

Our alpha application is now available to a limited number of users. As we improve the performance of front-end side, we’ll be releasing the app to a large number of users in a run-up to the Beta version of the app and the launch of test network, currently scheduled for December 2017.

This is just the first of several features we’ll be unveiling soon, with a new feature to follow by the end of the week. What that may be? Stay tuned.

Thanks for the Update,
cant wait to see how the DATUM system is going to work.  Smiley
This looks very promising, I just love their user interface. It's simple and yet informative Cheesy
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:49:04 PM

I will use Datum for sure and I'm very curious what the value will be of my data Smiley.
Just to be curious. Cant wait to be on the platform.

It's almost ICO time! I'm counting down! Cheesy
You guys are doing great work devs, keep this up.

I am also wondering what my data might be worth but I am not hoping to get rich with it. For me, it would be great to see that I don't spread my data all over the internet and hence don't have much that I could sell.
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:17:07 PM

I will use Datum for sure and I'm very curious what the value will be of my data Smiley.

I am also wondering what my data might be worth but I am not hoping to get rich with it. For me, it would be great to see that I don't spread my data all over the internet and hence don't have much that I could sell.

your data is worth more than you think. If you've ever advertised anything on facebook you know you pay around 0.40$ per click, and for every 50 click you get maybe 1 paying customer, because a lot of people click your ad because it looks cool, because they're vaguely interested, because they accidentally clicked on it, ... Now ask yourself, wouldn't it be valuable to advertising companies to know that pretty much each click came from a person that's likely to buy their product?

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:06:26 PM

it might be not that valuable but it might sum up over some time. imagine everyone would only sell the data. this would open a whole new market! so something without value would immediately get a value. data would be used with more and more response and get more expensive over time. if this happens datum would be the frontier of that industry as far as i dont know any other comparable project by now. i wont overwhelm you with my toughts anymore for today haha good night mates
Marenos

Activity: 312
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:21:50 PM

sorry if i overlooked that.

how can our data be verified? Or is it possible to sell fake data?

I think its hard to verify your data which can be faked. Its not hard to use scripts to visit different sites and create untrue data and i think this will be a major hurdle they will have to address in the future.

You open a fake facebook account, fake twitter account and etc. You make fake friends with fake followers but probably you will get an amount that it won't value the work you have done.

It would be meaningless to try such a thing.

Isnt that how people catfish idiots with online dating? Cheesy  Faking data is already happening, but it all depends how far do you want to go

Some people take it to corporate levels. Dating site giant Ashley Madison hired people to write thousands of fake female profiles.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2015/08/25/ashley-madison-faked-female-profiles-to-lure-men-in-hacked-data-suggest/

I once saw a job advertisement to click on recaptcha links for 3 hours a day Cheesy There is a lot of fake going on the Internet Cheesy
I asked this question before, how will Datum handle fake data?

Read the thread, it is allready answered. Datum will do nothing against it, because it wont happen. Why should someone spend his time on clicking on links he is not interested in, liking pages he dont like and so on? He would earn maybe 50 cents for a hours of work. It would be an active income, wich would be a really poorly paid one, instead of a passive income.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:57:26 PM

Read the thread, it is allready answered. Datum will do nothing against it, because it wont happen. Why should someone spend his time on clicking on links he is not interested in, liking pages he dont like and so on? He would earn maybe 50 cents for a hours of work. It would be an active income, wich would be a really poorly paid one, instead of a passive income.

You are right about low value social media data, but people can also use Datum to sell other kind of data that is more valuable. Then the question about validation becomes more relevant. Initially Datum puts the burden of validation onto the buyer, which does not sound like a great idea for valuable data, but they also plan a ranking system.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:00:06 PM

Same here, its just out of curiosity I would like the know my value.
If I invest in the ICO it would be to hold the tokens for a while because I'm sure this platform will become very big!

Data owning really is the future.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:07:01 PM

From the page:
It is currently HIGHLY INSECURE, do not assume this app is secure

I am paranoid of installing any new app on my phone, if someone makes a youtube review about this, i would be interested to watch it.
What are you afraid of? Android is safe environment, iOS is even more secure

Android is far from a safe environment... once you give an app access to (for ex your camera) it can activate this at will..
So facebook can just listen on all your conversations without you even knowing it.

McAfee had a talk about it some time ago. Cant seem to find it straight away though.
Affchain

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:23:03 PM

I've pretty given up on my privacy and data being in my control. If a company succeeds in disrupting this multibillion-dollar industry then it will surely be the most valuable token on the market. There are a few companies attempting this and I'm at the edge of my seat watching them all.
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: