Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:14:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your trading strategy?  (Read 1741 times)
manifo1d (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:19:41 PM

Tell us or me what your trading strategy is

I do small gains on large dips but that's a risky move, sometimes I climb the mountain when the price rises or when news opens up.

I'm curious what others do to gain money.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:48:17 PM

You will always hear "Buy Low, Sell High" but its easier said than done as I also encountered a time when I have to sell below my Buy rate as I see another opportunity to not only to earn but to recover what I have lost on a wrong purchase. Write down all your mistakes in trading and try to read them from time to time to remind you not to do it again.
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 718

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:50:34 AM

You will always hear "Buy Low, Sell High" but its easier said than done as I also encountered a time when I have to sell below my Buy rate as I see another opportunity to not only to earn but to recover what I have lost on a wrong purchase. Write down all your mistakes in trading and try to read them from time to time to remind you not to do it again.
Perfectly said. In some situations , we do have to sell in a loss but we do have to see if we could recover the amount we spent in a loss. If there is an opportunity where we can recover the loss we are going to have currently then we should definitely go for that opportunity. May be we could buy back the coin at a lower price after recovering from the loss. If there is no opportunity, then we probably just wait. At some point the coin will definitely rise up and yield profit. The important thing here to remember is, never invest all of your money in a signle coin. We should diversify our money and atleast keep 20 % to buy something in future.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
arwin100

Activity: 2772
Merit: 816

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 07:12:57 AM

The only strat you can use is the Buy low and Sell high its the basic thing on trading but you can use some certain site identifier on wheter its good to buy right now or not since their are certain site like coinmarketcap that gives 24 hr statistic of the coins and you might gonna catch those big pumps incoming for seeing the high number's of coins lister their. And also If you don't have a time upon following or breaking your head on your desktop theirs a blockfolio app where you can monitor the current price via using your smartphone.

JimmieA

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:15:45 AM

In investing in crypto, the only strategy to make a profit is  "buy low and sell high." You may have heard of this, but it's not easy to actually do that. Before you invest money into crypto, you need to make sure you have a thorough understanding of the crypto market and the tools on the trading exchanges.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

manifo1d (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:53:42 PM

In investing in crypto, the only strategy to make a profit is  "buy low and sell high." You may have heard of this, but it's not easy to actually do that. Before you invest money into crypto, you need to make sure you have a thorough understanding of the crypto market and the tools on the trading exchanges.

I'm sure its like trading in the regular market. It seems so and also not as volatile as penny stocks can be.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:10:47 PM

I do small gains on large dips but that's a risky move, sometimes I climb the mountain when the price rises or when news opens up.

I keep my eyes and mind open every time and track the market almost everytime, even at my office. That's my strategy to trade. Also patience is very crucial because traders need to have patience. Without patience, you will tend to make drastic step which may not earn you anything.

Market tracking is very important because then only you will be able to notice the trading opportunities and make use of it. Also you may look for arbitraging. Where you can buy frm one exchange at a lower price and immediately sell at another exchange at a higher price. Google it and you will learn arbitraging.   

manifo1d (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:32:03 PM

I keep my eyes and mind open every time and track the market almost everytime, even at my office. That's my strategy to trade. Also patience is very crucial because traders need to have patience. Without patience, you will tend to make drastic step which may not earn you anything.

Market tracking is very important because then only you will be able to notice the trading opportunities and make use of it. Also you may look for arbitraging. Where you can buy frm one exchange at a lower price and immediately sell at another exchange at a higher price. Google it and you will learn arbitraging.   

Whats an example of a price difference on arbitrage?
TheFriends

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:46:50 PM

Buy low and hold for a long time.

I think that's the best strategy.

Daytrade can cause a few losses and be difficult to recover.

If interested in high quality translations English-Portuguese please contact me via privat message or send an email to thefriendspt@gmail.com
Telegram: @thefriendspt
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:16:06 PM

Buy low and hold for a long time.
I think that's the best strategy.

And how would you classify or determine low price? It may be that you bought coin on pump and price never jump to that high again in years.
Best thing to do is to pick only those coins which are mature enough. With maturity I mean established coins. Rest hodling assures that you will surely gonna have profit. Consider LTC 500% rise, ETH 1500% rise, BTC 300% rise, DOGE 300% rise in just one year. That's enough to say.

Daytrade can cause a few losses and be difficult to recover.

100% agreed. Don't gamble when you trading.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:21:42 PM

- Buy on the speculation/hype and sell when real news comes out.
- Buy altcoins during blood bath for quick profit
- Always store half of your total crypto holding in bitcoin and remaining in fiat and different alts.

There are few of my trading strategy.
nieninja53

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:36:15 PM

My strategy is based on daily base trading which is depend on one day coins rate and profit and loss is depend on one day and does not extend for more days I will try to pick the price on daily low price and sell on daily high price,
Wahyud11

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:54:19 AM

the most important trading strategy is to buy a small price and then sell the goods at a high price then it will get a lot of profit
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:29:28 AM

You will always hear "Buy Low, Sell High" but its easier said than done
Common sense tells us this is a good strategy.
In practice, though, if you try to earn by day-trading, I don't see how it can work consistently.
For example, I can make 10 consecutive good decisions ("buy low, sell high" over and over again),
and improve my position on a coin by 30%.
Everything looks fine, everything seems to work fine.
And then, in a couple of hours, the market goes crazy, and I lose 40%.
Baraban66

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:48:28 AM

Perfectly said. In some situations , we do have to sell in a loss but we do have to see if we could recover the amount we spent in a loss. If there is an opportunity where we can recover the loss we are going to have currently then we should definitely go for that opportunity. May be we could buy back the coin at a lower price after recovering from the loss. If there is no opportunity, then we probably just wait. At some point the coin will definitely rise up and yield profit. The important thing here to remember is, never invest all of your money in a signle coin. We should diversify our money and atleast keep 20 % to buy something in future.

Good said. But most market participantsuse the strategu "BHSL" (buy high, sell low). When they use this strategy they panic and destroy their depo
ashkanm

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:04:33 AM

In investing in crypto, the only strategy to make a profit is  "buy low and sell high." You may have heard of this, but it's not easy to actually do that.I keep my eyes and mind open every time and track the market almost every time, even at my office.
justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:06:30 AM

My trading strategy, check technical analysis and find a buy area, after buying coins in that are just hodl. If I am going to sell a coin, when I am sure I sell it, I pospone it to tomorrow in case of moon.

chengyinoing

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:17:18 AM

People know that buying low is high, but I'm not a good day trader. I think long-term holding is the most effective way.

From the bitcoin's past, it can be seen that it has grown ten million times since ten years ago.
putrisa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:19:37 AM

the trading strategy I use is to buy when there is bad news that makes the bitcoin price collapse and after that hold it until the price back up and green, when it is green then I will profit.
Alva12

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:21:02 AM

Follow the trend. This is the most important strategy of successful traders. All financial markets operate under the same mechanism. The market tends to continue moving in the current trend. If the trader does not follow this basic concept, they will fail. If you follow the trend is a great trade-offs, why are most speculators fighting this trend or simply ignoring market trends? The reason is simple: Following the trend is a very boring strategy and will often take weeks or months to be trending toward sustainable development. Therefore, the trader is forced to wait patiently until there is a real tendency to emerge. Unfortunately, most speculators do not have the patience to wait. Of course, this explains why most traders are losing money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: