Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:49:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Substratum ICO - August 7-September 7 (Pre-Sale with Bonuses Available Now)  (Read 72536 times)
naaktslak5

Activity: 492
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:04:29 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 07:50:06 PM by naaktslak5

more and more that i read what is posted on the facebook group + youtube, the more i think this is a scam

i`ve read yesterday a link on medium with some very interesting stuff covered, that discussion disappear over night from facebook group. for asking a question about this forum (was 1st post in an existing thread) i was banned from Substratum reddit area

of course i asked what happened but no reply from mod in that place

"You have been banned from participating in r/SubstratumNetwork. You can still view and subscribe to r/SubstratumNetwork, but you won't be able to post or comment.
If you have a question regarding your ban, you can contact the moderator team for r/SubstratumNetwork by replying to this message.
Reminder from the Reddit staff: If you use another account to circumvent this subreddit ban, that will be considered a violation of the Content Policy and can result in your account being suspended from the site as a whole."

a fair business for sure does not like this, with all the cash received from ICO they should have a fully product by now

for those who missed it here is the medium post: https://medium.com/@YagamiLight/the-technical-red-flags-of-the-substratum-network-sub-1f34e8b5ffcb

i moved my coins back to btc jan 15 at around 1.4$, sad i didn`t do it before

le. check this out https://imgur.com/CsfQU2m posted 22 jan

"Currently there's not even a way for us at Substratum to try the Substratum Network. But we're working hard toward Alpha Test 2, which will be a demonstration of a walking-skeleton Substratum "Network" that exists entirely inside one machine." - if this is true and they dont have any working version, wtf did we see in the "demo" from december? was this guy right ? i think so https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2054963.msg20975313#msg20975313
im also concerned about the stuff i read on reddit, twitter etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fromholland

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:17:53 PM

"Currently there's not even a way for us at Substratum to try the Substratum Network. But we're working hard toward Alpha Test 2, which will be a demonstration of a walking-skeleton Substratum "Network" that exists entirely inside one machine." - if this is true and they dont have any working version, wtf did we see in the "demo" from december? was this guy right ? i think so https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2054963.msg20975313#msg20975313
Creating FUD with a link to a half year old post??  Huh

Vegan97

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

Short BTC at: https://www.bitmex.com/register/spz2

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 08:12:14 PM

If this is a scam, why would John Mcaffe promote it?

────────  Catholic Coin  ──────── ❤  
DECENTRALIZED CHARITY & NON-PROFIT PLATFORM
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Ann Thread ⬝  Bounty ⬝  Donate  ──────── ❤  Join token Pre-ICO
rottweiller76

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:18:07 PM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/izflzvo3bev4i8z/what.JPG?dl=0

FUD is when topics get deleted and people banned for warning the others

look at the picture here https://www.dropbox.com/s/izflzvo3bev4i8z/what.JPG?dl=0 (not sure if the tag works ok, i am not used with forums) and you can see one of the team members telling yesterday they have no way to even test the network themselves. how in the world we got a demonstration in December ? give me an answer for this

person saying that the network does not exists at the moment (no mention for future) is one of the core developers
rottweiller76

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:34:03 PM

https://imgur.com/a/TGlHu

i love John Gannon telling one of the core developers from Substratum on twitter "delete this shit" after telling they have no (functional) product yet.

you can read it here directly if you dont trust screenshot
https://twitter.com/dnwiebe/status/955426521619017728

fromholland

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:01:08 AM

you can see one of the team members telling yesterday they have no way to even test the network themselves. how in the world we got a demonstration in December ? give me an answer for this
So?? My son builds a Lego house, and then takes it partially apart again to build a better/ nicer house. During that time, it's not a house..

naaktslak5

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:05:07 AM

https://imgur.com/a/TGlHu

i love John Gannon telling one of the core developers from Substratum on twitter "delete this shit" after telling they have no (functional) product yet.

you can read it here directly if you dont trust screenshot
https://twitter.com/dnwiebe/status/955426521619017728

if it is the truth he better doesnt delete it.
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:51:31 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 11:04:33 AM by mithrim

Why would anybody delete anything, what is this nonsense you're talking about? He even keeps on explaining things. Wait for releases, be patient. If a dev talks on twitter about his work, his part of a project, he doesn't necessarily have all the information of the whole project. That's the purpose of a Lead Developer or a Project Manager. Jesus.

It's so sad to see how people bicker about whether it's a working Alpha 2 or not. It's totally irrelevant how you call it. If they are ready to show it to the public they will. Most devs are proud of their work and therefore eager to show it. But I'm so relieved that Substratum doesn't rush things because I'd bet my last shirt on it that if they'd presented a working POC with some bugs, the internet would've gone crazy and blamed them for not having a perfect product.

Be patient, don't force things and wait for news from the Lead Developer. Either you trust them, then just wait and judge them when you actually tested their product or you don't trust them, then (re)search another project and invest your time and money there.

I don't say that you shouldn't be cautious or skeptical when it comes to such projects but negativity serves no one, not even those who just want to make a quick buck. If a small team has to invest half of their time each day to explain their actions or worse DEFEND them, then they can't work let alone work in a healthy environment. The expected consequences are fewer info and a team that shuts itself off from their community...
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:57:57 AM

John McAffee twittered yesterday about SUB. I think, this is a great opportunity for Substratum to get more attention. The beta will launch soon and they are even making a TV Spot. This coin has a lot of room for growth, if the developer can deliver a good program.

I would single out the Substrate as one of the most promising projects of 2018. I bought it at the end of last year by analyzing their wightpiper and road map. This year they have strong events, which I'm sure will positively affect the project and the coin prices on stock exchanges. I forecast an increase to 3 dollars in the foreseeable future. Now the coin is strongly underestimated. Wink

█████     ████████████████████
█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
naaktslak5

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:54:03 PM

John McAffee twittered yesterday about SUB. I think, this is a great opportunity for Substratum to get more attention. The beta will launch soon and they are even making a TV Spot. This coin has a lot of room for growth, if the developer can deliver a good program.

I would single out the Substrate as one of the most promising projects of 2018. I bought it at the end of last year by analyzing their wightpiper and road map. This year they have strong events, which I'm sure will positively affect the project and the coin prices on stock exchanges. I forecast an increase to 3 dollars in the foreseeable future. Now the coin is strongly underestimated. Wink
would be nice if they show some proof.
SUB750T

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:06:12 PM

would be nice if they show some proof.

Lol , I bet he got payed 1000000 SUB's for this. No news is a bad news! Take care !
konigilya

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:25:30 PM

Hm, it is still holding the same price in BTC as it was on it's high. RN totally depends on BTC's rise.
rottweiller76

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:49:20 PM

Why would anybody delete anything, what is this nonsense you're talking about? He even keeps on explaining things. Wait for releases, be patient. If a dev talks on twitter about his work, his part of a project, he doesn't necessarily have all the information of the whole project. That's the purpose of a Lead Developer or a Project Manager. Jesus.
Be patient, don't force things and wait for news from the Lead Developer. Either you trust them, then just wait and judge them when you actually tested their product or you don't trust them, then (re)search another project and invest your time and money there.

i agree with you, funny thing is this - check this site: https://substratum.net/our-team/

Dan Wiebe is Technical Lead and by far the most knowledge guy from his LinkedIn account. the CTO has has  very few stuff there, but Dan is a very good person with lots of stuff and connections

so what we are talking here? the main developer says in straight English they dont have a project yet, that work is done and (most) probably a project will be done, but at this moment we are not in alpha or anything close

we got a fake demo in december (this is my conclusion) with what developers thought they want the project to be, and now with some new people on board they try to achieve

somebody on fb tried to twist words and say that Dan talks about "alpha test" which is different from "alpha" this is pure bullshit but if people believe that thing they deserve anything Smiley)

anyway, the idea of the projects looks very promising but so far we dont have any proof at all that they can do it (consider the previous part where Dan said they dont have a working program to test at all, so the december demo is clear fake)

ps. ignorance is a bliss
whatever11

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:49:09 PM

Hello,

I heard about this project a few days ago and it seems intersting but there is already another project, Shift, with a working product.

What does Substratum brings that Shift don't have ?
Black Lizard

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:46:24 AM

Happy because now SUB has entered the top 100 and now the price looks stable than some time ago, I'm sure the price will continue to rise.
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:41:49 AM

i agree with you, funny thing is this - check this site: https://substratum.net/our-team/

Dan Wiebe is Technical Lead and by far the most knowledge guy from his LinkedIn account. the CTO has has  very few stuff there, but Dan is a very good person with lots of stuff and connections

[...]

anyway, the idea of the projects looks very promising but so far we dont have any proof at all that they can do it (consider the previous part where Dan said they dont have a working program to test at all, so the december demo is clear fake)

ps. ignorance is a bliss

You are right, this is my bad, I should have phrased this differently.

But I don't ignore things, I only try to not overreact, one way or the other.
Ask yourself this: Why would Dan actively contradict Justin or his company for that matter. He may have meant that they now have no working network to test or that they can't test their newest ideas or that they currently (as he phrased it) have no way to check if things work out as they think they will. As in 'we currently can't test the network because we don't have the nodes active like in the Alpha Test', the point is you don't know, as you don't work there.

That said, I think that it is always important to question things and that a community's responsibility is in part to check if a company stays on track. And a company can use his community and listen to what's going on resp. how they are perceived in public. That's why I appreciate their decision to give us weekly updates, starting tomorrow.
While I value this decision I'll also continue to look at those updates as only 'news'. I keep waiting for some public testing.
fromholland

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:18:23 AM

He may have meant that they now have no working network to test or that they can't test their newest ideas or that they currently (as he phrased it) have no way to check if things work out as they think they will. As in 'we currently can't test the network because we don't have the nodes active like in the Alpha Test', the point is you don't know, as you don't work there.
Exactly.
You can't interpret someone's written words without knowing all the context. And, as mithrim correctly pointed out, you don't know all the context as you don't work there.

It's good to stay sharp and critical, but it's also important to give a team and project some time and room to grow. These people don't have time to give everyone who might mis-interpret their words a full explanation of what they exactly meant, because then they wouldn't have any time left to work on the project.

Give the team a chance. They've got a great idea, great marketing and I'm still absolutely positive that they can pull it off.
Don't invest 1 cent more than you're willing to lose, this is very important! It will give you a more relax state of mind, and will probably give you more 'room' to be a bit more patient.

whatever11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:21:14 AM

Hello,

I heard about this project a few days ago and it seems intersting but there is already another project, Shift, with a working product.

Can anyone answers please ?
fromholland

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:27:22 AM

Hello,

Please read a few pages back, this has been discussed recently.

whatever11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:48:39 PM

Hello,

Please read a few pages back, this has been discussed recently.

I just read them but that's not answers my question.
I just want to understand why Sub has a bigger mcap than Shift if they have nothing more to bring than shift already has because when i read those post it seems that shift has a more advanced tech.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: