Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:34:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as a savings account  (Read 5881 times)
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:22:25 AM

just ignored a hero member. nice. Jim, I hope that dick is full of as much bull as he's spouting...

Ouch. I'm very much against the Ignore button. Where's the fun? (grin)
It doesn't matter to me if he's just spouting or is actually having me investigated. We get investigated by so many agencies every year that one of my main "jobs" is keeping all our paperwork and computers organized for easy accessibility and understanding. Most agencies default action to not understanding your data is denial of services, negative action, Not Good Stuff. Then you have to appeal and it just increases the paperwork and hoop-jumping. I've long ago gotten use to making the process as painless for us as possible with the most amount of transparency to them. So if the hero member wants to spend his money having us investigated, fine. Just another Monday here. (grin)

He is against tax fraud but he probably doesn't mind the government spending money on endless bureaucracy and having civil workers who get payed $100,000+ annually (with a 5% pay raise every year or they will strike) to investigate and hound a man who has the misfortune to have a sick wife and wants to save a tiny amount of money.

In the end it would be much cheaper for the tax payers if they just ditched all those regulations and just paid you your money.

In my country we have many people who hate paying high taxes but call for more rules and regulations against things whenever they encounter something they don't like ("It should be banned!" "The government must take action!", etc.). They don't understand that they will have to pay for it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JimCGSavings (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:46:08 PM

He is against tax fraud but he probably doesn't mind the government spending money on endless bureaucracy and having civil workers who get payed $100,000+ annually (with a 5% pay raise every year or they will strike) to investigate and hound a man who has the misfortune to have a sick wife and wants to save a tiny amount of money.

In the end it would be much cheaper for the tax payers if they just ditched all those regulations and just paid you your money. ...

My country's government isn't interested in making things cheaper for tax payers, IMHO.
gweedo assumed tax fraud was possible and being committed. My wife isn't sick, she's dying. Sorry, but "sick" implies she might recover. She will only get worse and need even more government paid for services in the future. Which ARE in the process of being cut back. Medicare is about to initiate another round of "services we no longer provide" cutbacks. The U.S., like the rest of the world, is in the midst of the greatest transfer of wealth from the 99% to the 1% ever in it's history. People get angry and lash out. Heck, I get angry and lash out! But I save that energy for incompetent contracted service providers who to take the government money and attempt to not provide the services because they get away with that when the disabled person doesn't have a caregiver. This forum, researching crypto-currencies, they're all just another distraction from our reality.
legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 02:44:07 PM

Sorry about your wife. Bitcoin isnt a very good savings account due to the volatility of the currency. I would have half my funds in bitcoin, the rest in USD.

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
tinus42

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:48:48 PM

My wife isn't sick, she's dying. Sorry, but "sick" implies she might recover. She will only get worse and need even more government paid for services in the future. Which ARE in the process of being cut back. Medicare is about to initiate another round of "services we no longer provide" cutbacks. The U.S., like the rest of the world, is in the midst of the greatest transfer of wealth from the 99% to the 1% ever in it's history. People get angry and lash out. Heck, I get angry and lash out! But I save that energy for incompetent contracted service providers who to take the government money and attempt to not provide the services because they get away with that when the disabled person doesn't have a caregiver. This forum, researching crypto-currencies, they're all just another distraction from our reality.

I'm sorry of any offense. The world is certainly screwed up for many people. It makes me wonder how more they can squeeze out of the people before there is any serious reaction from the public. The riots we see in Spain and Turkey could happen everywhere soon. Sorry for your wife and hopefully you will get your life on track again.
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:03:51 PM

You are really going to put all your savings in bitcoins? The virtual currency the government is sheepishly cracking down on for tax fraud and you want to use it for that purpose? Seems smart.

Good luck getting anything of value for those coins down the line, especially if people like you continue seeing bitcoin as a means for tax fraud.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:10:43 PM

You are really going to put all your savings in bitcoins? The virtual currency the government is sheepishly cracking down on for tax fraud and you want to use it for that purpose? Seems smart.

Good luck getting anything of value for those coins down the line, especially if people like you continue seeing bitcoin as a means for tax fraud.

Thanks to people like him that will be happening sooner.
pontiacg5

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:12:06 PM

More or less my point, guys like this kill bitcoin or at least assist in doing so.

So thanks!

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
JimCGSavings (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:22:01 PM

I'm sorry of any offense. The world is certainly screwed up for many people. It makes me wonder how more they can squeeze out of the people before there is any serious reaction from the public. The riots we see in Spain and Turkey could happen everywhere soon. Sorry for your wife and hopefully you will get your life on track again.

No offense taken. Thanks for the well wishes. And Syria, Egypt, India, Pakistan, Greece, etc. Lots of opportunity for crypto-currencies!
JimCGSavings (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:32:03 PM

-
I love a couple of good assumptions in the afternoon. Smells like teen spirit! or uh...victory? What? I'm old! (grin)
Assumption #1 "all your savings" amounts to 0. So, yeah, I think I'm gonna go ahead and put that in bitcoins.
Assumption #2 Tax fraud. Hey! Don't try to snake that snark from gweedo! He was there second! And more persistently than the first guy! He's earned the right to pwn that snark!
https://lh3.ggpht.com/-kD1MXBn5MQ0/T0bK0-I3pHI/AAAAAAAAGzc/5WIw5Djvl0M/s1600/Celebrity-Image-Meet-the-Keystone-Cops-1955-250955.jpg
(grin)
JimCGSavings (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:37:10 PM

Whew! For a minute there I thought you weren't gonna respond! Thanks gweedo! My post count would be MUCH lower without you! (grin)

I don't think even people like me that you assume see bitcoin as a means for tax fraud can even come close to hurting bitcoin. But that's just my opinion. Yer entitled to all of yours, of course.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:42:42 PM

Whew! For a minute there I thought you weren't gonna respond! Thanks gweedo! My post count would be MUCH lower without you! (grin)

I don't think even people like me that you assume see bitcoin as a means for tax fraud can even come close to hurting bitcoin. But that's just my opinion. Yer entitled to all of yours, of course.

Yes people like you are hurting all the stuff that big bitcoiners like me do. Do you not see that, by committing tax fraud governments will not look pass that? Or you just too stupid, maybe your wife, is rubbing off on you. LMAO

Also again you being an idiot, post counts don't matter anymore, you can post 1000000 times but every two weeks it only counts for a little bit.
JimCGSavings (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:48:11 PM

Yes people like you are hurting all the stuff that big bitcoiners like me do. Do you not see that, by committing tax fraud governments will not look pass that? Or you just too stupid, maybe your wife, is rubbing off on you. LMAO

Also again you being an idiot, post counts don't matter anymore, you can post 1000000 times but every two weeks it only counts for a little bit.

But I like my post count! I think the things I post are doing good, not harm. I'm sure people will look at my posts and your posts and come to their own conclusions. And I don't even need a private investigator to know that! (grin)
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:56:06 PM

But I like my post count! I think the things I post are doing good, not harm. I'm sure people will look at my posts and your posts and come to their own conclusions. And I don't even need a private investigator to know that! (grin)

Yes your post are good, if you want to hurt the community, that a lot of people worked hard, so you can sit on your ass, and make money from just holding on to coins. But you don't see that and that hurts. Also about the private investigator, he has told me so much about you, and for free Wink so be careful at any time I can just ring the IRS and tell them about your little ideas Wink
pontiacg5

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:00:46 PM

You would be wrong. Online gambling was pretty popular for a while, till it got big and the feds cracked down. Then they changed their business model up and the feds struck them down yet again, albeit after some time. If you think the same thing won't happen to bitcoin you are naive. This thread is now indexed on search engines across the web, for all to see and use. But you are right, you alone can't hurt bitcoin just the same as you alone probably won't shut welfare down. But you along with all of the other freeloaders in unison SURE THE F**K can.

So, you come to to this forum asking for help committing fraud, because weather you like it or not IT IS WELFARE FRAUD. What do the people of the forum do? Offer to help.

Real nice. But I guess it's to be expected from a forum mostly filled with kids begging for some magical "faucet" of free online money.

JimCGSavings (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:18:50 PM

...I don't think even people like me that you assume see bitcoin as a means for tax fraud can even come close to hurting bitcoin. But that's just my opinion. Yer entitled to all of yours, of course.
You would be wrong. Online gambling was pretty popular for a while, till it got big and the feds cracked down. Then they changed their business model up and the feds struck them down yet again, albeit after some time. If you think the same thing won't happen to bitcoin you are naive. This thread is now indexed on search engines across the web, for all to see and use. But you are right, you alone can't hurt bitcoin just the same as you alone probably won't shut welfare down. But you along with all of the other freeloaders in unison SURE THE F**K can.
So, you come to to this forum asking for help committing fraud, because weather you like it or not IT IS WELFARE FRAUD. What do the people of the forum do? Offer to help.
Real nice. But I guess it's to be expected from a forum mostly filled with kids begging for some magical "faucet" of free online money.
Ouch. That really hurt me! I guess I'll just stop taking money from the government and die! End my freeloading ways! And I dared to bring them to such an outstandingly moral and law abiding community! For shame! I'm gonna hang my head and cry now. No, don't watch. It's not gonna be pretty. That's it. I'm giving you equal credit with gweedo now! I'm sorry I doubted yer worthiness.
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Venture_Brothers_9264.JPG
(grin)
Obama

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:27:31 PM

Best of luck in your situation. I think you should invest in FTC it has a lot of potential right now.
JimCGSavings (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:25:48 PM

Best of luck in your situation. I think you should invest in FTC it has a lot of potential right now.

Thank you. I did get the info I asked about here. Nefarious as it was. I'd use an old linux box offline as a cold storage wallet hooked up to an old printer to make the paper wallets. Transfer everything from the linux partition on the other old xp box my wife plays on. I'd do everything crytpo online there. This box is just for fun like this! (grin)

As for Bitcoin as a savings account, from what I've read, that isn't a good idea. Too volatile, too expensive, too risky. Interesting long term investment if you can afford it. Alt coins like LTC & FTC do look more interesting as a pure gamble of an investment.

Best of luck to you and yours.
tinus42

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:34:37 PM

I hope you and your family will not suffer the fate of OP and always enjoy perfect health and perfect earning capacity.

Now go and report your full Bitcoin earnings to the IRS and vote Statism at the next elections.  Roll Eyes
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:49:34 AM

I hope you and your family will not suffer the fate of OP and always enjoy perfect health and perfect earning capacity.

Now go and report your full Bitcoin earnings to the IRS and vote Statism at the next elections.  Roll Eyes

I do report my full bitcoin earnings and that is helping pave the future for more people to use bitcoin LEGALLY. People like this will be doing more harm.

Also don't worry about my health, I be around forever at this rate, and I brought the best private insure ever, so I get to go ahead of the line in the ER Wink It is like the fast pass of health LMAO
JimCGSavings (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 11:26:27 PM

In all seriousness, l would just like to witness a little empathy from time to time. A world without it kinda sucks.

Yeah lets have empathy for someone taking advantage of my money. Sorry but I can't... Fraud is a serious crime, and should not be taken lightly in any sense.

I'm pretty sure the OP paid into the system that he now would like to extract some value from. We all paid into it in case we need it. The OP is just asking for what HE already paid for. The only person taking YOUR money is the bureaucratic infrastructure to which we fund. 

The OP is just an individual trying to extract the value that was provided by the tax revenue he paid for a benefit he now needs but never used. Just because you don't need it, but are forced to pay it; does not  mean Jim is taking your money. Fraud is avoiding paying what is owed, and taking that which is not deserved.

Under our current system, we are required to pay in and then leave the decision making to a largely inept system. We should at least agree that Jim is deserving based upon the information available; and the system is broken at its very core.

Can we find something on which to agree? Or am I just a bleeding heart liberal and you a cold hearted conservative? I don't believe either is true.

Hugs gweedo.

Has nothing to do with liberals and conservatives, neither agree on Fraud as a way of handling your problem. This is fraud, no two ways about it, and if ever releases his name I am going to contact the IRS about it. I already started to look into him with the help of a private investigator, it is only a matter of time he is in jail. (grin) LMAO

Time is passing. I'm still not in jail. Put up or shut up Gweedo. (grin)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: