Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:54:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Vs Bitcoin Cash  (Read 17158 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 10:55:21 AM

I think so far the price of Bitcoin cash is quite active in the market and is now starting to increase, but in my opinion it is still under the influence of bitcoin. And to be able to compete with bitcoin would take a relatively long time
I think there is hardly any difference between the two. Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash are very much close to each other. I think if you to do trading, then it is better for you to keep your assets in the form of Bitcoin cash. Otherwise, Bitcoin is a very good option as far as holding is concerned.

Well, I'm curious if you really think so

Or think at all when you write stuff like this. Anyway, if anyone thinks along the same lines, you may want to make a simple reality check and look at the current price of the regular Bitcoin which is over 4,000 dollars per coin at moment and the price of Bitcoin Cash which is a little over 400 dollars, i.e. almost ten times lower. As to me, anyone claiming that these coins are virtually the same has serious issues with their perception and distinction

Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:01:45 AM

It will dominate some cryptocurrency/altcoins behind him but will never ever overpass what bitcoin has,its just bitcoins sons and result of hard fork from bitcoins and it will never defeat its father

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:36:57 AM

BCC is just an alt coin just like other coins dependent on bitcoin, sorry to say that Bitcoin cash can never surpas the value of bitcoin. Bitcoi n ia the only established crypto which value is incomparable. Bitcoin cash value may pump it valur but it will not reach the point where bitcoin has reached. But on the other hand, it may become a new big time ctypto currency once miners and whales transferred to it.There rumors that China after throwing bitcoin will be transferng to Bitcoin cash which will try to make it as valuable as bitcoin. But Bitcoin with or without the bitcoin cash will continue to go on the right track becoming really a big time cryptocurrency.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:51:47 PM

lol

how y'all liking your Rogerbux today?

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Gozie51

Activity: 2520
Merit: 624

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:35:22 PM

If miners keeps support to BCC then for sure it will rise more then BTC.
Block size is larger then BTC and there are transaction problem occurs on BTC.
Lets wait and see whats going to happen but for sure i will buy on dips BCC

I equally wait to see how it plays out with bcc. Meanwhile, I think it is also seen as altcoin too but if the transaction problem is reduced on bcc, I see it rising tremendously.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
sheryl26

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:09:44 AM

What do you think of Bitcoin Cash?
Do you think it will have the same value as Bitcoin or it will be just another Alt. Coin in the crypto market?

Why does they are being compared to each other? We all know that bitcoin cash are just an altcoins that is derived from bitcoins. Although their value is a little bit pricey and more expensive than ethereum but compared to bitcoins? They not even reached the half of its price. So for me bitcoins are still the number one in this business and besides the splits never let the bitcoins destroyed. As a matter of fact the value of bitcoins almost increase higher after that split which is a very good chance. Bitcoins a way too far ahead from bitcoin cash.
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 356

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:15:56 AM

Do you think it will have the same value as Bitcoin or it will be just another Alt. Coin in the crypto market?

Bitcoin is a leader of all cryptocurrency because there is no altcoins without without bitcoin. They are cloning or copying the code of bitcoin on how it works. Bitcoin Cash is almost the same as bitcoin because it was splitted on it. Bitcoin Cash is also called as Alternative Cryptocurrency.
Ajan08

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:20:33 PM

Bitcoin is a worldwide cryptocurrency and digital payment system called the first decentralized digital currency, since the system works without a central repository or single administrator.
Bitcoin Cash brings sound money to the world, fulfilling the original promise of Bitcoin as "Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash". Merchants and users are empowered with low fees and reliable confirmations. The future shines brightly with unrestricted growth, global adoption, permissionless innovation, and decentralized development.
bitcointarget

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:23:43 PM

Bitcoin is a leader of all cryptocurrency because there is no altcoins without without bitcoin. They are cloning or copying the code of bitcoin on how it works. Bitcoin Cash is almost the same as bitcoin because it was splitted on it. Bitcoin Cash is also called as Alternative Cryptocurrency.

It's the leader we don't even discuss this but why people are getting that trashy bitcoin cash thing. I can't see any positive aspect on bitcoin cash coins BCH.
megalith researcher

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:27:41 PM

I'm surprised BCash still has a multi-billion dollar market cap, it's quite high for a cryptocurrency with almost no usage and very few developers.
Oroplata

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:07:26 PM

No, I don't think it will happen to be of the same value of bitcoin. Also, there is no Bitcoin vs Bitcoin cash anymore, it is now between Bitcoin cash vs Bitcoin gold. As they said Bitcoin gold is created to compete to Bitcoin cash.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:29:47 PM

Bitcoin cash was very popular at the time of first out, it later lost its popularity. But the bitcoin is not so, it continues stronger on the first day it emerges.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
osmo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:38:15 PM

between bitcoin and bitcoin cash, we can choose both for investment, the price is different between bitcoin and bitcoin cash, so if we have big capital can buy bitcoin but who have small capital can choose bitcoin cash, I prefer bitcoin

Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:52:08 PM

Some people say that Bitcoin Cash (an altcoin basically) is better than Bitcoin in many ways, but I think Bitcoin is better and always will be as it can be improved.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:19:30 PM

Bitcoin cash is nothing but another copied cryptocurrency. It's ultimately a scam, it's value is only as high as it is because it was distributed to a lot of users, as you can see now, the price is crashing hard even tho the other cryptocurrencies are going up, there is really no substance to bitcoin cash. I wouldn't buy any.
gekon

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:20:04 AM

Bitcoin Cash pros: A big argument for Bitcoin Cash is that because it allows for much larger blocks than Bitcoin Core, this will allow greater throughput (~24tx/sec max) & less backlog as well as lower fees. This lets Bitcoin Cash scale more and their argument would be it is more useful for peer to peer, for commerce and just everything. Additionally it does not include Segregated Witness (SegWit) (which some view as a positive since some see SegWit as less secure or having legal issues).

Bitcoin Cash cons: Against Bitcoin Cash we have arguments like it is more centralized due to small less well known development team and due to fewer people running Bitcoin Cash full nodes and higher cost to run a full node. It does not (yet) solve transaction malleability (SegWit) and so existing Lightning Network (LN) implementations won't be run on top of Bitcoin Cash at this time.

Bitcoin Core pros: Established large development team, robust network of nodes (less centralized), transaction malleability fix (SegWit) allows current Lighting Network to run on top of it. SegWit allows for double the existing transaction throughput of the current Bitcoin Core limit of ~3tx/sec to ~6tx/sec max once enough people are using SegWit style transactions.

Bitcoin Core cons: Even with SegWit transaction throughput is limited. Centralized control of development from Blockstream and very small group of prominent devs that effectively have control over changes. Some toxic developers. SegWit some believe is less secure or can lead to problems (this is of course highly disputed). Reliance on unproven solutions like LN to increase throughput/scale beyond block size limits.
(Note also that the Bitcoin Core chain may undergo a further hard fork later this year when SegWit2x forks off that chain. But no time here to describe those implications.)
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:56:55 AM

I think so far the price of Bitcoin cash is quite active in the market and is now starting to increase, but in my opinion it is still under the influence of bitcoin. And to be able to compete with bitcoin would take a relatively long time
I think there is hardly any difference between the two. Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash are very much close to each other. I think if you to do trading, then it is better for you to keep your assets in the form of Bitcoin cash. Otherwise, Bitcoin is a very good option as far as holding is concerned.
The potential of this both coins are different, for me bitcoin and bitcoin cash are valuable. Because in term of coin bitcoin was on the number 1 spot and I know that they deserve it. While bitcoin cash is an altcoin that trying to follow the foot step of bitcoin, honestly on the first time I encountered bitcoin cash I don't like it. But time will come and I realized that this altcoin had seen of a great potential, I believe that in the future bitcoin cash was surpass the ethereum at their spot.
MidKnight

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:11:07 AM

It's purely an alt for me. It will just go down in history and people will just talk about it just like other altcoins like a pump and dump coin. Why do I need to invest in it when there is the great bitcoin all along? It just makes confusion and some received it for free which I don't really like.
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:05:15 AM

Bitcoin Cash pros: A big argument for Bitcoin Cash is that because it allows for much larger blocks than Bitcoin Core, this will allow greater throughput (~24tx/sec max) & less backlog as well as lower fees. This lets Bitcoin Cash scale more and their argument would be it is more useful for peer to peer, for commerce and just everything. Additionally it does not include Segregated Witness (SegWit) (which some view as a positive since some see SegWit as less secure or having legal issues).

Bitcoin Cash cons: Against Bitcoin Cash we have arguments like it is more centralized due to small less well known development team and due to fewer people running Bitcoin Cash full nodes and higher cost to run a full node. It does not (yet) solve transaction malleability (SegWit) and so existing Lightning Network (LN) implementations won't be run on top of Bitcoin Cash at this time.

Bitcoin Core pros: Established large development team, robust network of nodes (less centralized), transaction malleability fix (SegWit) allows current Lighting Network to run on top of it. SegWit allows for double the existing transaction throughput of the current Bitcoin Core limit of ~3tx/sec to ~6tx/sec max once enough people are using SegWit style transactions.

Bitcoin Core cons: Even with SegWit transaction throughput is limited. Centralized control of development from Blockstream and very small group of prominent devs that effectively have control over changes. Some toxic developers. SegWit some believe is less secure or can lead to problems (this is of course highly disputed). Reliance on unproven solutions like LN to increase throughput/scale beyond block size limits.
(Note also that the Bitcoin Core chain may undergo a further hard fork later this year when SegWit2x forks off that chain. But no time here to describe those implications.)

A fair assessment.

But let's add to Bitcoin Cash Pros:
* 1162x lower fees than Kore BTC at the time of writing (source https://cashvscore.com/).
* Rapid adoption by exchanges and businesses
* resurrection of all old BTC use cases that were killed by high fees and long confirmation times (Satoshi Dice, reddit tipping, micropayments, are back etc.)

Also I think you're leaning too hard on transaction malleability. It was used by Mt Gox as an excuse for the stolen coins there, really they were just stolen. I haven't seen a report of malleability resulting in theft or losses. Nobody accepts zero-conf payments.

I know this forum is not a particularly favorable environment for BCH. But let's please just try to be honest and objective.
X756U

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:20:09 AM

For me, this split was not so necessary. Bitcoin cash is not so interesting as bitcoin. Don't even look like it goes further.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: