Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:23:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PayPie - Blockchain-Powered Risk Assessment  (Read 109504 times)
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:40:28 PM

It's kind of hard for me, to be all mad about folk who want to avoid taxes. I find that taxation itself is fraud, biggest of them all.

If you think like that, there's a nice thread for you here on BitcoinTalk: Is taxation theft?

That got me thinking though: what if you could use the PayPie blockchain tech to establish a direct democractic government spending system? You have to contribute a percentage of your income to tax, but you're free to choose how it will be spent by sending it to a selection of government addresses, each associated with a specific category or policy. Then you don't even need political parties anymore to decide the budgets for you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 01:53:01 PM

It's kind of hard for me, to be all mad about folk who want to avoid taxes. I find that taxation itself is fraud, biggest of them all.

But that is no reason, to not have an accounting platform, that gives clear awnsers about an entity's financial situation.

I'm actually looking forward to trying the finalized platform out, maybe it will give me a better understanding.

I too sometimes wish I didn't have to pay tax but I love having access to moderate to top notch amenities like clean water, safe road, moderately safe environment etc. all task is accomplished by public servants and how do public servant get paid? thru citizen/company taxation. So if everyone stopped paying tax, a nation will decay because finance needed to uphold this aforementioned task will be dependent on public donation. Countries where taxation is strictly enforced and its use is transparent, tend to do very well.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
bitsurfer2014

Activity: 924
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:18:13 PM

It's a revolutionary platform and it can be used not only by banks but, also by governments to keep an eye over the tax frauds.

Well the true power of this platform comes when governments enforce its use, but I guess it's something that will happen sooner or later.

I agree with you. Conversely, PAYPIE's marketplace offers  a very huge potential to its stakeholders considering that there is a huge market for financial products such as risk score analysis which serves as an investment tool for creditors and lenders alike.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:42:38 PM

It's a revolutionary platform and it can be used not only by banks but, also by governments to keep an eye over the tax frauds.

Goverment? Its financial platform. For business, insuranse etc. 
joe-mutti

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:20:04 PM

Can we expect any beta or demo before March 2018? Didnt find anything that would mention beta platform in whitepaper. Its a quite long span between the end of ICO in November and platform lunch in March, i hope people wont start to forget about this project.

Sure they will give a demo as 50%+ of the platform is ready last I heard.
Yep

-   Is the platform built already?
Over 50% of the platform is already built, which comprehends the entire end-user accounting part of PayPie.

Just wait for the updates  Smiley

I talked to the team, they have a basic version already developed. March,2018 seems quite feasible.
toolucky98

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:24:06 PM

But it also has a chance to be utilized by the government, right?
mexi.db

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:34:47 PM

Can we expect any beta or demo before March 2018? Didnt find anything that would mention beta platform in whitepaper. Its a quite long span between the end of ICO in November and platform lunch in March, i hope people wont start to forget about this project.

Sure they will give a demo as 50%+ of the platform is ready last I heard.
Yep

-   Is the platform built already?
Over 50% of the platform is already built, which comprehends the entire end-user accounting part of PayPie.

Just wait for the updates  Smiley

I talked to the team, they have a basic version already developed. March,2018 seems quite feasible.

It's quite possible that there could be a beta available before the product launch, but I don't think six months from completion of ico is too long to deliver a fully functional platform.
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:36:29 PM

I think you went too far there. If any of the giant companies adopt this venture then it will be a huge success. Governments supporting blockchain technologies is yet far from reality. The idea is quite different and may get support from firms.
magisterr

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:48:26 PM

Yes, may be. But I dont believe in this. Goverment to lazy and afraid all new. But its ll be usefull for small business, and I hope for big after.
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:56:28 PM

Yes, may be. But I dont believe in this. Goverment to lazy and afraid all new. But its ll be usefull for small business, and I hope for big after.

Well, in fact most part of the governments began to take interest in cryptocurrencies. Poor countries are really interested in this technology and the wealth distribution it could offer (Estonia, Russia, Zimbabwe, Nigeria ...)

Right now peoples from africa and some countries of asia are making a lot more money than the average wage with cryptocurrencies, with little to no investment.

That's why you'll see a lot of russian, indonesian and malaysian people in the twitter bounty campaign etc ...

mexi.db

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:15:37 PM

I think you went too far there. If any of the giant companies adopt this venture then it will be a huge success. Governments supporting blockchain technologies is yet far from reality. The idea is quite different and may get support from firms.

Yes, I share the same thoughts with you. PayPie is, primarily, providing a decentralized accounting platform for businesses that will provide real-time insight into financial data and a credit risk scoring algorithm. The platform will also provide a marketplace for invoice financing which is a lucrative sector, while solving the problem of liquidity for SMEs. It's left to governments or big corporations to decide if investing or the technology would be valuable to them.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:15:46 PM

Cryptos adoption in Africa is growing exponentially, I heard a rumor that there's a country (seeking indipendence from another country) which will adopt a crypto currency as national currency (don't ask because I'm not gonna tell you of which country I'm talking about). This algorithm can be useful in a country like this?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
magisterr

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:16:46 PM

Elkmar

But its something different, that Paypie offer. They offer audit for companies, etc. Not control for all withdrawal to cards, etc.
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:24:23 PM

Elkmar

But its something different, that Paypie offer. They offer audit for companies, etc. Not control for all withdrawal to cards, etc.

I think Elkmar talked about the general attitude of countries towards cryptocurrencies, blockchain, etc. and that there are already several countries which are quite interested and open for the cryptoworld.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
mexi.db

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:37:19 PM

Cryptos adoption in Africa is growing exponentially, I heard a rumor that there's a country (seeking indipendence from another country) which will adopt a crypto currency as national currency (don't ask because I'm not gonna tell you of which country I'm talking about). This algorithm can be useful in a country like this?

It's something I want to engage the team about. How this project can be relevant to African countries.
The decentralised nature of PayPie platform should allow users or SMEs all over the world take advantage of the Independent Risk and valuation services and possibly access to invoice financing via the PayPie marketplace.
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:39:29 PM

Well the true power of this platform comes when governments enforce its use, but I guess it's something that will happen sooner or later.

Or when the citizens demand its use by the government, so that the expenditure of tax money can be tracked. Citizens aren't the only people who can fraud Wink

or when citizen use it against the dirty politicians. You never know anything is possible with the help of blockchain tech.
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:42:12 PM

But that is no reason, to not have an accounting platform, that gives clear awnsers about an entity's financial situation.

I'm actually looking forward to trying the finalized platform out, maybe it will give me a better understanding.
Taxation is theft! But this project could also be useful in a libertarian society to collect funds for building things,...

Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:44:56 PM

I like the project, the team, whitepaper, website all look professional. I'm not too into the name though  Cheesy, maybe its just me, but the PIE part makes it sound less serious.
Cauchy

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:49:57 PM

Looks promising, will Review the whitepaper as soon as I have some spare time. By Reading from the comments in the thread this looks like an interesting Project.
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:01:00 PM

Well, in fact most part of the governments began to take interest in cryptocurrencies. Poor countries are really interested in this technology and the wealth distribution it could offer (Estonia, Russia, Zimbabwe, Nigeria ...)

Right now peoples from africa and some countries of asia are making a lot more money than the average wage with cryptocurrencies, with little to no investment.

That's why you'll see a lot of russian, indonesian and malaysian people in the twitter bounty campaign etc ...

Yes cryptocurrency is a great possibility to close the wage gap between different countries, because everybody could use any currency he wants.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: