Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:31:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get Bitcoin Cash from many wallet/software/services with Coinomi  (Read 21573 times)
AnCapFree

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:55:20 PM

I use electrum and dont known how to claim my bch. anyone known. google doesn't have anythign useful

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flat.E

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:51:14 PM

How do I get bitcoin cash from old muitbit wallet 0.5.18 it did have bitcoin in on the fork date
Read page 1....
I use electrum and dont known how to claim my bch. anyone known. google doesn't have anythign useful
In Electrum, after moving your BTC to a save other wallet, go to wallet-private keys-export, save the key,
Now in electroncash: file-new/restore, to the right of the wallet name suggestion click "choose" and pick the key you saved from the Electrum wallet before.
http://www.electroncash.org/

njahanbin

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:21:21 AM

Great information. Very helpful.

I am hoping you can help some more  Wink

I am trying to import from Multibit classic.  I have exported the private key but when I try to sweep it in Coinomi I get the following error.  What are my options?

"The transaction is bigger than what the network allows, try sending a different amount"
I suspect this is due to this wallet having lots of transactions (was used for mining).  My other multibit classic wallets imported fine.

Thanks,
NJ

Anyone has any ideas?  Been working on this for days.   Undecided
Flat.E

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:35:53 PM

I am trying to import from Multibit classic.  I have exported the private key but when I try to sweep it in Coinomi I get the following error.  What are my options?

"The transaction is bigger than what the network allows, try sending a different amount"
I suspect this is due to this wallet having lots of transactions (was used for mining).  My other multibit classic wallets imported fine.

Thanks,
NJ

Try it with another bch wallet software?
Flanagan

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:41:27 PM

RE: Import electrum SEED into Coinomi

You explained:
- Electrum
1) Open the menu "View" and click on "Show Addresses"
2) Then open the new tab "Addresses"
3) Ritgh click on the addresses that had Bitcoin before the fork, then click "Private key".
4) Click on the qrcode icon to show it.
4) Cliccare sull'icona del qrcode per mostrarlo
5) Sweep them with Coinomi

Two things why I'd prefer to just import the seed:
- Have only one smartphone; cannot show the Electrum qrcodes from addresses' private keys and capture the qrcode with coinomi at the same time.
- In anycase capturing qrcodes with Coinami giving me error; have not been able to do so when trying to send.

I already imported one SEED from Mycelium into Coinami successfully. But now I'd like to import a different seed , the one from Electrum. The thing is, is it possible to import a second masterseed into Coinomi?

Learn to listen, listen to learn.
njahanbin

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:21:59 AM

Thanks,
NJ

Try it with another bch wallet software?

For anyone seeing this.  It's due to the high number of transactions inputs within your wallet.  I followed the following the following video and was able to import the private keys into Electrum cash (make sure you are not doing this with standard electrum) from multibit classic.  Even then I was not able to move the whole amount at once due to the number of inputs.  I then sent the transactions in parts.  Since I was not sweeping all at once and was sending part of the funds in chunks I was able to move the funds successfully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaijbTcxsv8
twthmoses

Activity: 301
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:32:25 PM

1) Install Coinomi on your phone (it must be v1.7.2.3 or upper)
2) Add a Bitcoin Cash wallet on it
3) Go to balance, and click the upper right 3 dots.
4) Select "Sweep wallet"
5) Be ready to do it with qrcodes

- Multibit HD (you have to abandon this wallet, because it isn't anymore developed!)
1) Download and execute this: https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39/blob/master/bip39-standalone.html (Right click and Save as...)
2) On "Derivation Path" choose "BIP32"
3) On "Client" choose "Multibit HD"
4) On "BIP39 Mnemonic" space you have to insert the seed of your wallet, the 12 words.
5) You will get the list of your addresses and their private keys.
6) By going with the cursor on a private key, the page will show the qrcode. Sweep it with Coinomi

Had Multibit HD, but also an iPhone and Coinomi is not available for apple yet.
So I did this instead;

1) Installed Electrum, and created a brand new wallet
2) Transferred all bitcoin funds to this wallet from the Multibit HD wallet.
3) Installed Electron.
4) Created a wallet, using “I already have a seed”
5) Entered my 12-word Multibit HD seed, and checked “Bit-39 seed” under option
6) Used “m/0'” under derivation, instead of the default “m/44'/0'/0'”
7) A bit of sync… and the Bitcoin cash was available.

Worked like a charm…
Moana

Activity: 298
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:34:19 PM

But how would you get Bitcoin cash out of a multisig electrum address?
Flat.E

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:56:24 PM

But how would you get Bitcoin cash out of a multisig electrum address?
1.Start ElectronCash (Make sure you have latest version) https://www.electroncash.org/
2.Click on New/Restore
3.Select wallet with two-factor authentication and click Next
4.Select I already have a seed and click "Next"
5.Enter your Electrum wallet seed and click Next
6.Select disable and click next
7.Enter password and click next etc.
pnx17

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:11:09 AM

Moving your Bitcoins from Multibit Classic to Electrum and claiming your Bitcoin Cash via Coinomi

First of all, there is the excellent work by the OP on page 1. I bought some Bitcoin in 2013 and I haven't been paying much attention to it since, because for me it was and is a long term investment. I had to do a lot of reading the past couple of days to catch up. The way I transferred my Bitcoins and claimed my Bitcoin Cash was a bit different. I decided to use Electrum as my new Bitcoin wallet and Coinomi as my Bitcoin Cash wallet.

• RTFM: Read the Electrum and Coinomi documentation and FAQ
  • Install Electrum on your desktop and Coinomi on your Android smartphone
  • Create a wallet on Electrum and a wallet on Coinomi (I chose for a Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash wallet on Coinomi)
  • Write down the seeds and the passwords
  • Download and install Zint Barcode Studio (Windows only) unless you don't mind typing an entire private key in Coinomi to claim your Bitcoin Cash: https://sourceforge.net/projects/zint/
  • Export the private keys from your Multibit Classic wallets one by one (do not password protect the files) (I will explain below this list why I did this)
  • Import the private keys (one by one) in Electrum (New/Restore -> Standard -> Public Private key) (I tried it out with an empty Multibit Classic wallet first)
  • Send the coins from the imported private key to the Electrum wallet you created in step 3 (you will have to pay a transaction fee). Wait for confirmation until proceeding to the next step.
  • Claim your Bitcoin Cash. Open your Coinomi wallet, select Bitcoin Cash, click on the 3 vertical dots right upper corner and select sweep wallet. You can now enter the private key manually or use the qrcode generated by Zint. I will explain below this list how. Wait for confirmation. (I tried this out with empty wallets first, by manually typing the address and scanning the qrcode)
  • Repeat the previous 3 steps for all your former Multibit Classic wallets
  • Rejoice

The reason why I imported the private keys in Electrum instead of sending the coins from a Multibit Classic wallet to an Electrum wallet is that the maximum fee in Multibit Classic is 0.0005 BTC/kB. This is very low compared with current fees (0.0015 BTC/kB for confirmation within the hour) and you can wait a very long time before the transaction is confirmed. I didn't wanted to take the risk.

What is the private key? The private key file exported from Multibit Classic (no protected by a password) looks like this:

# KEEP YOUR PRIVATE KEYS SAFE !
# Anyone who can read this file can spend your bitcoin.
#
# Format:
#   <Base58 encoded private key>[<whitespace>[<key createdAt>]]
#
#   The Base58 encoded private keys are the same format as
#   produced by the Satoshi client/ sipa dumpprivkey utility.
#
#   Key createdAt is in UTC format as specified by ISO 8601
#   e.g: 2011-12-31T16:42:00Z . The century, 'T' and 'Z' are mandatory
#
L2BxaQ8FHjMCRQTKh666BeastJq5555mafgnR1dwYihaaxam769
2016-02-07T11:46:36Z
# End of private keys

If you enter the private key manually, you only need to type what is highlighted in red.
If you want Zint to create a qrcode so that you only have to scan it with Coinomi. Import from file in Zint. In the text editor (Zint) delete everything except the private key and click on 'OK'. Scan the qrcode with Coinomi.

jackyqiubao

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:43:31 PM

I tried to get private key for blockchain.info through the html code downloaded, but after I input 12 words, it listed a lot of addresses which none of them is my blockchain.info address. I did set the client to blockchain.info. Any idea on it?
jackyqiubao

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:04:49 PM

I tried to get private key for blockchain.info through the html code downloaded, but after I input 12 words, it listed a lot of addresses which none of them is my blockchain.info address. I did set the client to blockchain.info. Any idea on it?
Anyone can help on it, please?
Flat.E

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:45:10 PM

Anyone can help on it, please?
Use electroncash on a windows pc.
In electroncash: file-new/restore, pick a name-next, standard wallet-next, "I already have a seed"-next, enter seed words- under option check bip39, next etc.
http://www.electroncash.org/
sir.humus

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:21:50 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 07:48:31 AM by sir.humus

O.K.
So I did everything in the instructions for my android wallet,
and I found some addresses with cash inside.
BUT, the address most funded wasn't found...
In the address book on the app it's marked as an "Old address"

Anybody knows how can I restore this address?

UPDATE:
When I use gurnec's decrypt_bitcoinj_seed, it gives me my seed,
but a warning is popped which says:
1 non-deterministic keys found.
Your mnemonic backup does NOT back up your entire wallet.

I still have the wallet, so how can I back it up entirely?
overboost

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:48:05 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 07:13:23 PM by overboost

@HostFat Thanks for this awesome guide. It really helps.
@Flat.E - thanks for your support in this thread, I've been reading it all.

I just need a few confirmations on what *I think* I must do in order to claim the BCH.
So, I have btc in a electrum android wallet. Some of them are still there, some were spent. I understand that only the ones BEFORE aug 1 split are eligible for BCH.

1. I think best solution is to move all bitcoins from the android electrum wallet to a paper wallet (yes, better to be safe than sorry with the private keys...)
2. I already got the android electrON apk file, checked the signature and checksum. I did not install it on my phone yet.
3. After electron Installation on android, I should restore the wallet from seed. And the BCH should be already there? I don't want to do something wrong.

Had somebody tried this, with success?
Thanks.
Flat.E

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:58:21 AM

@HostFat Thanks for this awesome guide. It really helps.
@Flat.E - thanks for your support in this thread, I've been reading it all.

I just need a few confirmations on what *I think* I must do in order to claim the BCH.
So, I have btc in a electrum android wallet. Some of them are still there, some were spent. I understand that only the ones BEFORE aug 1 split are eligible for BCH.

1. I think best solution is to move all bitcoins from the android electrum wallet to a paper wallet (yes, better to be safe than sorry with the private keys...)
2. I already got the android electrON apk file, checked the signature and checksum. I did not install it on my phone yet.
3. After electron Installation on android, I should restore the wallet from seed. And the BCH should be already there? I don't want to do something wrong.

Had somebody tried this, with success?
Thanks,
Flavius.

1. The idea is to get your BTC out of the wallet whose seed you will be using to restore to another wallet prog., so if someone steals your seed (malicious- software/-BCHwallet/-seed extractor) they can not access your BTC. Other wallet prog. or paper wallet, doesn't matter.
3. Yes, that's the procedure. Every wallet that had BTC up till august 1-2017 12.00 utc should have the same amount of BCH in it. After the restore from seed to a BCH wallet, the BCH must show up.

@sir.humus, don't have an answer to that, try different wallets to retrieve you BCH perhaps?
overboost

Activity: 51

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:33:44 PM

It worked flawlessly.
But, I'm worried about Electron permissions. It asked full network acces...
Should this wallet be a safe one?
piti4ek

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:42:20 PM

Guys, what about Greenaddress, anyone know how get bah from this wallet? I founded this instruction, but it is for Ubuntu users and I not really understand how to do it.
piti4ek

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:51:20 PM

This is the answer of greenadress support team

Hi,

As you may know, we recently announced some updates at https://blog.greenaddress.it/2017/09/06/segregated-witness-updates/ which includes backend support for signing bcash transactions. Please see the link for more details.

We provided this support in order to allow users to control their coins manually with respect to bcash. We are not however planning to support it in our wallets. We notified users of this as soon as possible after becoming aware of the bcash fork in order to allow users to move their coins if they wished to split themselves. Providing this support has already entailed considerable development and testing effort to ensure the safety and security of the services we provide. We are not able to provide technical support for splitting, transacting in or using bcash beyond the above.

Note that splitting coins is a technical process and the process may change depending on the development direction of bcash which like all contentious forks we neither support nor follow the development of. We have ensured as far as we are able that the service will not sign bcash transactions that can be replayed on the bitcoin main chain, this is the absolute limit of our support.

As you may be aware, a user at https://reddit.com/r/greenaddress has written a tool that allows splitting of bcash using a modified version of our garecovery tool which some people have reported success with. We have reviewed the code for bad intent and given the git commit hash of that reviewed version. If the tool is updated then we will similarly review the updated commits as and when we are able. We do not support the tool nor can make any guarantee on its quality. We will provide support in regards to the newly introduced api call https://api.greenaddress.it/vault.html#sign_alt_tx

Beyond this we offer no support whatsoever. It is each user's decision to use any third party tool and to ensure the security of their mnemonics etc while doing so. We are happy for users to discuss the tool and provide support for each other on the appropriate thread(s) on reddit subject to our normal moderation policy. This may change if the tool is changed to become malicious or the forum is spammed etc with bcash related topics or trolling.

Regards,
The GreenAddress support team
standards

Activity: 560
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:43:36 AM

Are all the wallets in OP 100% safe?
I have been using bitcoin core, which should be 100% safe, but not easy to use.
Which wallet would you recommend?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: