Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:00:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading sucks, I'll just hold my coins  (Read 25854 times)
zokizuan

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:51:24 AM

But for sure you can start trade with the little amount of your portfolio like 5%
This will hone your trading Skill

You are right

Right now if you aren't expert with years of experience stay away from trading.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcdamnit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:52:05 AM

Right but also be prepared to loose many hands!! while your skill is being honed
zokizuan

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:53:02 AM

Losing hand is what will give you experience and make you a cautious successful trader

Right but also be prepared to loose many hands!! while your skill is being honed
btcdamnit

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:53:35 AM

Yeah, that's Right!

Losing hand is what will give you experience and make you a cautious successful trader

alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:37:30 PM

Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

I though I can trade. Buy low, sell high. Sounds good, doesn't work.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!
Thats your experience,and what ever happen in your trading experience,we should not know when did you find mistake,maybe you should tell that you do everything to gain more profit but in the end you failed.that your story and we believe in you,but for me,my opinion i will continue in trading because if you have a dreams you would never stop dreaming,and bitcoin i thinks is the answer.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:26:30 PM

yes mate, i think you are right.  bitcoin totally  change my life style . i believe that bitcoin gonna change world, i think its for our welfare and now wanna buy bitcoin and hold it long to change my future
In my opinion, there is nothing bad in opting of holding if bitcoins. Trading is indeed a very good option but in case you are not doing well in trading, then there is no point of losing more money in trading. In fact, this is really a good option to go for holding of bitcoin. This will help you multiply the amount of money you have with each passing second. You only need to remain patient.

Or in case that you can't fully adopt the trading system, like its giving you lost, sleepless nights, bad decision or too emotional then its not for you I guess and the next best thing for you is just hold on your coins. But when the price is at discounted price and then continue to hold. It will be hassle free for you because you don't need to stay late and watch the price of bitcoin. Although its boring but I think its gonna be a perfect fit specially if you are born not a trader.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:37:53 PM

True to some extent! There are rewards for holding your Bitcoins.. Believe that someday it will make sense; it will have value. I know a lot who did the same and look where it brought them? Their money multiplied substantially. In the same vein, you have to open yourself to the possibility of losing because in business, anything can happen at any time! You can minimize losses, though, by dividing your risks through different channels. 
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:46:05 AM

Well i do undertand the feeling when you loose some of your investment into trading, but well the same way you can make easy money into it you can get a loss. No you dont need to be an expert, but its impossible to predict any coin next direction, since crypto news can really affect the coin value as well speculation and fake news, need to be smart and invest with medium long period, make money into short positions has becamed very hard.
ariyzt

Activity: 602

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 12:56:54 PM

HOLD for long investment is good as long ur coin is good at future
hashtag101

Activity: 419

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:26:02 PM

yes mate, i think you are right.  bitcoin totally  change my life style . i believe that bitcoin gonna change world, i think its for our welfare and now wanna buy bitcoin and hold it long to change my future
In my opinion, there is nothing bad in opting of holding if bitcoins. Trading is indeed a very good option but in case you are not doing well in trading, then there is no point of losing more money in trading. In fact, this is really a good option to go for holding of bitcoin. This will help you multiply the amount of money you have with each passing second. You only need to remain patient.
Patience doesn't mean it's good all. You should be patient, but don't patient when your decision are wrong and you just want to keep this opition because you don't want to become the loser. Accept your loss and research new opportunity, it's better than patiently.
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:55:07 PM

Now in middle-term trading I am holding SYS, LMC, IOTA, OMG, KMD, STRAT, SC, DGB, XRP.
Ardenoss

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:31:29 PM

In trading it takes patience and willingness to learn. Learn from people who have experienced and especially from own experience. Correct why we are losing, map it so we can become a trader that always get profit.
crush

Activity: 260

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:39:50 PM

If you try to rely on manual operation, it's not a good idea, you should try to design algorithm for your trading things

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:45:23 PM

It is a pity that you had the horrific experience. The money involved is high. Take heart it is part of trading and learning. Yes buying low and selling high has a key. The key is once a new high is made you can sell off what you have and wait for the dip to about one half of that high then you can enter again and if there is no damning  economic news you are sure of coming out better.
JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:59:49 PM

That is correct, trading does suck. It is a zero sum game. You might think you're getting the hang of it with this new set of technical indicators you have that you just tweaked because some crypto OG on Twitter suggested you do it that way, then bam! Aaaaaaaaand it's gone! Emotions get in the way, greed, etc. It's too hard to stay consistent even when you have a good strategy.
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:44:04 PM

That is correct, trading does suck. It is a zero sum game. You might think you're getting the hang of it with this new set of technical indicators you have that you just tweaked because some crypto OG on Twitter suggested you do it that way, then bam! Aaaaaaaaand it's gone! Emotions get in the way, greed, etc. It's too hard to stay consistent even when you have a good strategy.

Yes it's really hard to trade nowadays due to dumps of the altcoins, and as we monitored the price of the alts the value is falling. That's best for now to hold the coins they had, because it's proven that after the fall of altcoins same as what happened with bitcoin price drops it will soon rises its value. Never panic when there's a sign of price droppings because eventually you will experience another pump up of the price.
crypto4lambo

Activity: 210

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:00:49 PM

I think you need to study more before diving into trading cryptos. You need to invest in knowledge first before attempting to just predict the next market movement. Buy low sell high seems easy to say but in reality that is the most  deceiving advice you can get. It doesnt mean that you study charts and some technical analysis you can predict what is the next move. That is not the way it goes. Even experienced traders loses some of their trades, that just means that no one can be perfect in this field. I think you just need to start small first just to get your feet wet but what happened happens. At least your learn something from it.

valheru

Activity: 487
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:47:33 AM

dont start the trading with a zero knowledge. when you learn all the information about trading, you can start trading.
trade is risky, but if you do well you will increase your money.

R.R.L.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:40:26 AM

I think the problem in general with trading is that everyone starts with trading to make money but if you make money someone else must lose that money and everyone thinks that he will win money!

If you take a look at the charts you will see that if you have just bought some promising coins and let them in your wallet you would have made huge profits without any stress and action. Based on this experience I would only invest and not trade.

I agree with your second point because I have done a lot of trading over the past few years and it required a lot of wor and I made some money and lost some money doing it. The frustrating thing is that if I had just bought and held those Bitcoins I would have been much better off and I also wouldn’t have had to do all that hard work along the way. For that reason, I have scaled back my trading to almost nothing and I am just going to let it ride for a while.
elimi

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:25:12 AM

do not give up too soon. In trading you have to be patient and wait for the right time. I suggest you learn and read more about btc, to get the result you want in definite need to process. To fail is success delayed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: