Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:17:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading sucks, I'll just hold my coins  (Read 25856 times)
MRY

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 12:49:35 PM

Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

I though I can trade. Buy low, sell high. Sounds good, doesn't work.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!

trading can be sucks when the price drops and becomes a loss but it is a risk in trading that can be done just to hold and wait until the price back up and get the benefits in bitcoin the main thing needed is patience

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Armstand

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:42:28 PM

Trading doesn't suck for me. Traders should accept that losing is part of trading. No one have ever been made a tons of profit on trading without experiencing losses.

yeah that's right, you cant earn more without any experience of lose. like me at my first time on trading, ive choose a wrong coins to invest in and I lose 70% of my capital and before it will all gone ill cut my loses just to save the rest of my capitals left. severals mistake ive made after that and ive learn on that mistake, now im gonna take recovery from my loses and thankful that I know what to do next.
experiences were part of learning so i think its fine to lose but not that much, to be able to earn from it , it corresoonds some hardships too. And thats good you already have an idea.
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 625

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:46:59 PM

Trading doesn't suck for me. Traders should accept that losing is part of trading. No one have ever been made a tons of profit on trading without experiencing losses.

yeah that's right, you cant earn more without any experience of lose. like me at my first time on trading, ive choose a wrong coins to invest in and I lose 70% of my capital and before it will all gone ill cut my loses just to save the rest of my capitals left. severals mistake ive made after that and ive learn on that mistake, now im gonna take recovery from my loses and thankful that I know what to do next.
experiences were part of learning so i think its fine to lose but not that much, to be able to earn from it , it corresoonds some hardships too. And thats good you already have an idea.

We should really treat our loses as a part of learning process and same as you said on the next time we do such thing we do already have the idea on what to do which would really lessen the possibility on committing the same mistakes. Trading do really suck on our mind specially when we are a newbie but we do really accept those defeats and move on.These things will really mold you up to be a better trader soon.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
traderperspective

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:47:33 PM

Always be humble to the markets. It is not just buy cheap and sell high, it is also about sticking to a strategy, and try different strategies, before putting all ones money (or what one considers a lot) in to play.

Never invest more than one can afford to lose.
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:16:17 PM

This is a valid strategy, I know a lot of people who trade and have not beaten the gains of just holding a coin over the years.
Before a time I was against this strategy, but for now I have seen a lot of people who are just making hundreds and thousands of bucks just because of holding. Maybe you have seen the price chart today or even the last months. Price of bitcoin have amazingly increased to $1000 approx. and now still going up so what is better than holding? Nothing.
I used to day trade before and then I got tired doing it because it eats all my time so decided to hold my coins and its actually pretty good. I am making money while sleeping plus it's stress free but I do check the price from time to time just to make sure that I'm still in good portfolio.
desmodiAN

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:39:33 PM

trading is for active people who can stand the pain of loss now and then.
holding is for the majority. hold and wait some years. this strategy works with most stocks too.
cryptoXeon

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:33:16 PM

Although I agree with holding the investment and letting it grow but with BTC prices, for fast growth you do have to take some calculative risks. Maybe 20% of investment can be used for trading and rest should be held on long term. Hope I follow the same advice and don't let graphs fool me...
shiunsai

Activity: 759
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:40:48 PM

Day trading is not a cup of tea of each and every person especially if you are new to it as you will easily get panic when you see price dropping and in that case you will sell your coins at lower price and it will entertain loss for you so if you don't have patience better to invest in highly reputed coins and hold it for long term and sell it when price exceeds your entry price.
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:03:22 PM

Day trading is not a cup of tea of each and every person especially if you are new to it as you will easily get panic when you see price dropping and in that case you will sell your coins at lower price and it will entertain loss for you so if you don't have patience better to invest in highly reputed coins and hold it for long term and sell it when price exceeds your entry price.
I think good traders should have lost a lot to learn from their mistakes, that why joining with big capital is not recommended for new traders, however, experience and controling emotions are important in this domain, but these advantages do not came without losses.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:52:42 PM

This is a valid strategy, I know a lot of people who trade and have not beaten the gains of just holding a coin over the years.

holding is the ultimate goal, and trading is the best option for actively doubling it, because I am an active person then more interested in using it for trading and facing a risk with skill and experience, assuming that the passive holder will be able to buy a car from profit every year, but for traders can definitely buy villas and resorts. there will always be maximum benefit from active trading.
You couldn't have said it any better, hodling is indeed the ultimate goal, but trading is a better approach to ensure your waiting won't be in vain or the value of the coin worthless in the long run. Trading can only suck, when one knows next to nothing how to trade and they turn to taking solace with hodling. Question is why settle for less when more is possible?
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:03:13 PM

Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

I though I can trade. Buy low, sell high. Sounds good, doesn't work.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!

trading can be sucks when the price drops and becomes a loss but it is a risk in trading that can be done just to hold and wait until the price back up and get the benefits in bitcoin the main thing needed is patience
Trading is no doubt not an easy thing and it is not possible for everyone to perform well in the world of trading. If you are not doing well in trading, then there is nothing harm in sitting back calmly and keep on holding your bitcoins. Holding is not at all a bad option and that too for someone who is unable to do well in trading.
ElegantCy

Activity: 424
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:02:58 AM

As a newbie, long term investments are far better.
Buy when the market is in blood.
Research the volume and team of a coin before buying into it.
Dralarn

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:11:13 PM

trading sucks, indeed. But you have to find out on your own, if you don't got through the experience of trading, you will never know how difficult it is. Everyone is seeing the traders going nuts and spamming chats about making a huge profit, and they think it's like that the entire day, but it's not. Trading takes many years of experience and there isn't anyone who can always predict the direction of the market. Things get even more complicated if you have a limited amount to trade, and without knowing the technical fundamentals, you are done right from the begin. Only when you've made a massive loss you start making some sense on how difficult it is to adjust to the market. Holding is by far the best strategy and most recommended one. All the holders don't have to think a second time about whether to sell or buy more, cause they've already made that decision so their life is easy
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:14:48 PM

Not unlikely, because anyone with some Bitcoin and can click buy/sell can easily claim to be a trader, but for a trader that knows his/her onions, they should be making as least twice as much as anyone that is only just holding. Anything short of that calls for such traders to take a break and go equip themselves with the appropriate knowledge and skills, trading is not a child's play!
ubeng07

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:48:31 AM

Not unlikely, because anyone with some Bitcoin and can click buy/sell can easily claim to be a trader, but for a trader that knows his/her onions, they should be making as least twice as much as anyone that is only just holding. Anything short of that calls for such traders to take a break and go equip themselves with the appropriate knowledge and skills, trading is not a child's play!
Trading is not a child play thats right some will take it seriously admit it yes but what we must gonna do this is the only way that we have to do take it seriously because its not just a game that you have to take it fun you can enjoy yes on trading. But always remember that this kind of thing we must take it serious.
Jack353

Activity: 87

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:14:56 AM

trading is not easy and its not for everyone. For many people, HODLing a few TRUSTED coins is much more profitable option (for multiple years).

Good luck and always chose the best option for YOU!  Tongue
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:29:17 PM

yes mate, i think you are right.  bitcoin totally  change my life style . i believe that bitcoin gonna change world, i think its for our welfare and now wanna buy bitcoin and hold it long to change my future

Well I think that's great to know there are some people who would want to buy Bitcoin and hold it for their future. I stopped trading a while ago already and realized I will just hold on to some coins for long term and just leave it there for a couple of years but do check them once in a while.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:33:55 PM

Just like what everyone says, trading Bitcoins is not for everyone. There are newbies out there who jumped to trading because they thought its easy money but lost it eventually. Some would even go as far as joining those paid groups that tells you what coin will be pumped but again end up with nothing as before they hit the buy button, owner of the group already purchased a lot of coins and just preparing to exit. Holding is safe but make sure that you are still following the development of the coin or else you might be holding a worthless coin after a year.
ronafurw

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:45:32 AM

yes mate, i think you are right.  bitcoin totally  change my life style . i believe that bitcoin gonna change world, i think its for our welfare and now wanna buy bitcoin and hold it long to change my future
In my opinion, there is nothing bad in opting of holding if bitcoins. Trading is indeed a very good option but in case you are not doing well in trading, then there is no point of losing more money in trading. In fact, this is really a good option to go for holding of bitcoin. This will help you multiply the amount of money you have with each passing second. You only need to remain patient.
btcdamnit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:50:29 AM

You are right

Right now if you aren't expert with years of experience stay away from trading.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: