Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:45:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody with $10,000 worth of BTC+Alts today should be a Millionnaire in 2025  (Read 6275 times)
seattletu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:28:43 AM

It was already possible to take $100 and make $1M or more over the last few years.
And you have to KEEP that. That is the hard part. After big rises there are large drops and you don't know when they come so easily.

But it won't be as easy now. So starting with 10k would be more likely to be successful at that goal. True.

I would NOT say "should" lol..... I would say "might with great skill".

Even I think the same way as you predict it.For example take Real Estate industry, 20 years it prices are so cheap that now they rose up to X100 times.But at this levels in Real Estate it is almost impossible to become one more X100 times even after 20 years from now.So same can be predicted in Bitcoin industry.
stupid_seb (OP)

Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:15:25 PM

Honeslty, if you go from 10k to even 20k you should be happy. If you go from 10k to 100k you should be ecstatic. Those are incredible returns! People need to appreciate all the money they make even if they aren't necessarily millionaires

I already have more than 20k of valuation. I did not pick $10k bc it suited me but bc it is a simple figure that does the job in terms of explaining the potential we *might* have here.

Honestly, I will cash out some USD as soon as I need money for Real Estate or other irl projects. Maybe I'll miss the $1million club... maybe I'll reach it another way... who knows.
DetectorToken

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:21:34 PM

I think you are right OP. It's possible. It's likely to be.
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:23:56 PM

We do know this speculation and it may get true with only Bitcoin, leave other coins. I think 10 BTC should be the minimum value in your cold storage for a longer term like 6-7 years. Some altcoins have a bright future but recognizing them now would be an issue.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:35:37 PM

I agree that the crypto space is likely to receive capital fleeing the equity and FX markets, but 100x seems a tad over optimistic. Lets due something more conservative and estimate where we might land.

Assume growth of 20%, then industry market cap = 100B x (1 + 0.2)^8 = $430B, this implies 4.3x from where we are today in 2025

Assume growth of 30%, then industry market cap = 100B x (1 + 0.3)^8 = $816B, this implies 8.2x growth

I think its definitely possible to exceed these growth rates if a person is an astute investor and has a decent sized allocation to small cap coins with strong technologies.  Which one might these be that could deliver 100x +? Well, thats the million dollar question. I think the best chances of making a large hit are owning multiple $1000+ USD positions in sub $10m market cap coins. If you coin increases in market cap from $1M to $300M, you would not be a millionaire but will be very pleased with the result.

Here are some low market cap ideas.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2054157.msg20482712#msg20482712

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
stupid_seb (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:38:52 PM

We do know this speculation and it may get true with only Bitcoin, leave other coins. I think 10 BTC should be the minimum value in your cold storage for a longer term like 6-7 years. Some altcoins have a bright future but recognizing them now would be an issue.

I agree, but I also believe that on the short term, there is room to make more BTC via Alts. And I need to increase my BTC assets.

I believe I can double on some ALTS by the end of 2017.

I'll cash-out some BTC once I reach some thresholds, and once I would have reached a value high enough to be able to put 10BTC on cold storage I will.
So far, I don't have enough. But yes, 10BTC is the magic figure to have on cold storage.

(note: a few exchanges like Bittrex and Krakren are showing that they are could be trusted for "hodling long term". with 2FA and email validation, they start to be pretty safe, maybe safe than cold-storage solutions you can lose, or get robbed)

stupid_seb (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:42:35 PM

I agree that the crypto space is likely to receive capital fleeing the equity and FX markets, but 100x seems a tad over optimistic. Lets due something more conservative and estimate where we might land.

Assume growth of 20%, then industry market cap = 100B x (1 + 0.2)^8 = $430B, this implies 4.3x from where we are today in 2025

Assume growth of 30%, then industry market cap = 100B x (1 + 0.3)^8 = $816B, this implies 8.2x growth

I think its definitely possible to exceed these growth rates if a person is an astute investor and has a decent sized allocation to small cap coins with strong technologies.  Which one might these be that could deliver 100x +? Well, thats the million dollar question. I think the best chances of making a large hit are owning multiple $1000+ USD positions in sub $10m market cap coins. If you coin increases in market cap from $1M to $300M, you would not be a millionaire but will be very pleased with the result.

Here are some low market cap ideas.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2054157.msg20482712#msg20482712

Agreed. 100x is a *STRONG* figure. Almost a marketing/clickbait one.
Still, if you have balls of steel, a bit of luck, you can piggy back on some Alts to make part of the x100 job.

I made x30 from BTC bought at $700 (1st hockey stick).
BTC at $2800 today means that the BTC-increase is "only" x4
the rest (rought x7) has been made via alts: I multiplied by 7 my portfolio value in BTC.

So, I think there is room for the same "game": reaching x100, with a x5 on alts->btc and x20 on BTC->usd

We will see... (gosh... Bancor is cheap since its dip!)
viking02

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:08:21 PM

Interesting thread here.  So if you say 10k worth of btc and altcoins... how much percent of that 10k from bitcoin vs altcoin?

I assume you mean more than 50 percent altcoin right?  Because say someone has 90 percent of 10k in bitcoin and 10 percent in altcoin, i dont think its possible to be millionaire.  Im guessing its more like 60 percent minimum in altcoins?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:32:42 PM

Interesting thread here.  So if you say 10k worth of btc and altcoins... how much percent of that 10k from bitcoin vs altcoin?

I assume you mean more than 50 percent altcoin right?  Because say someone has 90 percent of 10k in bitcoin and 10 percent in altcoin, i dont think its possible to be millionaire.  Im guessing its more like 60 percent minimum in altcoins?
really important figure that should be indicated by OP and I also assuming that Op should hold precious alt coins like eth , waves and some other coins
that have good potentials to succeed alongside of bitcoin better to split those money and not to hold major part of bitcoin.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:37:12 PM

Anybody with $10,000 worth of BTC+Alts today should be a Millionnaire in 2025

Today, the market cap off all the Cryptos is north of $100B.

It is EXTREMELY low compared to the values seen in the tech world (except for some shady ICOs ;-) )

In details, Bitcoin counts for $50B mk, and if we only take the top20 alts, we are at roughly $45B mk to add, the rest being peanuts.

Exactly  it matters a lot what you own.  Not every $10k will turn into $1m. Some will turn into way more then just $1m. There is still 8 years till 2025.
stupid_seb (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:40:27 PM

Interesting thread here.  So if you say 10k worth of btc and altcoins... how much percent of that 10k from bitcoin vs altcoin?

I assume you mean more than 50 percent altcoin right?  Because say someone has 90 percent of 10k in bitcoin and 10 percent in altcoin, i dont think its possible to be millionaire.  Im guessing its more like 60 percent minimum in altcoins?

YES. More than 50%. Probably 75%, and again: well diversified within Alts (I'll name a few which are not necessarily in my portfolio)

Example:
1/. 30% on the big names, top 10 mk:  ETH+XRP+NEM... (you nem-it...)

2/. 50% or more on top top100, using coin-picking to fing the hidden gems: DGB, OMG, PIVX, NEO, NXT, ARK, TenX PAY, VIA, XVG, PTOY, and of course WAVES
On these, the idea is imho to diversify per verticals (Anon, gambling, platforms, specific verticals like health gaming or distributed computing,   etc..

3/. 20% (or less) of "shitcoins" with high risk/reward outcomes: I recently put a bit of BTC on POSW and XBY. These 20% follow a heavy rotation and serve pump and dump purposes mostly (note: some cat3 coins may enter the cat2)

I try to limit the number of coins by allocating AT LEAST 0.2 BTC per coin. Less that that dilutes too much the potential of a big raise.

Of course, as said above; 2025 if still freaking far away... 7 long years.
viking02

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:57:08 PM

Okay that was what i was thinking of when you say close to 75%.  If thats the case, then what would be the point of holding bitcoin now?  Is it because most likely it will go up so you want to have some in case the altcoins fall apart and the profits from the 25 percent in bitcoin would offset the losses by altcoins?  Thus bitcoin is king and like your most important coin?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
. COMSA
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
stupid_seb (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:18:58 PM

Okay that was what i was thinking of when you say close to 75%.  If thats the case, then what would be the point of holding bitcoin now?  Is it because most likely it will go up so you want to have some in case the altcoins fall apart and the profits from the 25 percent in bitcoin would offset the losses by altcoins?  Thus bitcoin is king and like your most important coin?

Exactly.
BTC is the hedge if Alts fall appart. (as ETH is a sub-hesdge on the alt side, if the other shitcoins to to hell etc...)

25% in BTC represents roughly 1BTC based on the $10k hypothesis, and could yield a 6-figure value on the 2025 horizon. (McAfee and a Jeremy Liew, the first investor in Snap Inc. are ultra bullish at $500,000. These big whales generally are right because they can make the market. But I think that $500,000 is kind of a stretch!)..

Ultimately, if you believe in the $500,000, put 2BTC on cold storage and wait... I am more thinking about a $100,000 to $250,000 value, hence having a stash of 10 BTC in the mid term is a nice goal I gave myself recently.

In the hypothesis illustrated above, going from $10k today (3.5 BTC) to 10 BTC generates a x3 goal that some Alts should help realize...
Ideally, you make more that that (bc you are lucky with your shitcoins investments, and can keep 10 BTC in cold storage + have room to play with alts (let's say 3 to 5 BTC worth of value)...
(Ideally, you are born with money and do not need cryptos to be rich...)

my 0.50cents (of BCH...not a lot...)
sixexgames

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

One Social Network

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 05:49:36 PM

But how much will the dollar be worth then?

bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:56:13 PM

But how much will the dollar be worth then?

It wont be so bad in 2025.
It will always go down in buying power but it cant be completely useless in such a short time window
viking02

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:22:08 AM

How high do you see bitcoin going up to?

Do you think 100k is possible?

What would you say are the top 5 altcoins out there right?  How much percentage would you have where your 10k could be worth 1 million?  So about 2500 in btc only... then 7500 in altcoins?  Which altcoins specifically?  I assume not ETH right since thats already too expensive?  Thus you mean coins that are 10 dollars and under etc but maybe even less?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
. COMSA
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:04:20 AM

Not quite noob Cheesy

Anyone who spends 10 grand today on inflated shitcoins is a fucking retard.

Do I have to explain why or was the words NOOB and inflated a clue?
Oh and do the math.. Bank investment would give you a guaranteed safe return.

Start using a toilet pajeets Roll Eyes

@OP
I'm not saying you are stupid but.. It is your name LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
stupid_seb (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:10:55 AM

How high do you see bitcoin going up to?

Do you think 100k is possible?

What would you say are the top 5 altcoins out there right?  How much percentage would you have where your 10k could be worth 1 million?  So about 2500 in btc only... then 7500 in altcoins?  Which altcoins specifically?  I assume not ETH right since thats already too expensive?  Thus you mean coins that are 10 dollars and under etc but maybe even less?

Lots of questions.
I quite like WAVES and OMG on which I put money earlier this year. Their market cap is not at the level of other similar competitors (Waves vs ETH. Omg climbed hard recently, I need to decide if I keep or move...)
I consider XRP and ETH to be expensive, but I see lots of corporations using ETH, hence I hodl some.

Again, someone has to choose his preferred alts, his own recipe... I don't know which ones would be the best, and maybe I am wrong about alts too...
Hopefully not.
stupid_seb (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:14:24 AM

Not quite noob Cheesy

Anyone who spends 10 grand today on inflated shitcoins is a fucking retard.

Do I have to explain why or was the words NOOB and inflated a clue?
Oh and do the math.. Bank investment would give you a guaranteed safe return.

Start using a toilet pajeets Roll Eyes

@OP
I'm not saying you are stupid but.. It is your name LOL

Your call dude.
I'd be a dumb stupid fucktard to claim you that you are wrong about Alts. I just hope you are not.
Some people made a fuckton of cash during the tulips-frenzy in the Netherpotlands a bit ago. So even if it's inflatuated, there is a way out. Risk/Reward.

Thx for my name, It's actually shit test, my own Godwin thing on the forums.
You are the 1st one to pass it on this forum. CONGRATS ;-)

Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:14:32 AM

This is probably right. That is seven long years from now. The price of BTC as well as other alts should be very high by that time. There is even a possibility that it will exceed the million mark.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: