Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:17:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VMC] Official Virtual Mining Corporation Discussion  (Read 85947 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lewicki

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:18:38 AM

Bitcoin difficulty / ROI chart
http://sdrv.ms/16njy51

credit goes to:
http://www.reddit.com/user/sdmented
GHNeko

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:02:08 AM

Weren't the dividends supposed to have been paid out yesterday? Or is my math just off by a day.
deizel

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:19:45 AM

Hello all!  I just wanted to pass along a few updates while I am onsite meeting with the engineering firm regarding the Avalon clones.  First though, I would like to apologize for the delay on transferring the shares from AMC-TENDER back into your accounts on BitFunder as ActiveMining shares.  It has been a hectic week(s) and I have not had time to get these processed.  I am planning on having all of the tendered shares in AMC-TENDER out the door by end of business Friday along with dividends after the transfer.  I cannot get to these until Friday because I am still on the west coast finalizing some orders of business with the engineers on the prototypes.

Remaining shares that are not in the AMC-TENDER account:

I have talked to Ukyo, hopefully, regarding the remaining shares on AMC BitFunder, and what we can do to get them automatically processed and transferred over to ActiveMining.  At this point, I would like to request that no one else sends me their AMC shares to AMC-TENDER, so that they can all be converted automatically. I will manually tender any remaining shares in the queue before then as well so no one is left behind.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post an update about the AMC -> ActiveMining conversion.

Ken did contact me asking if it could be done and I am working on it.
Since this is the first time it will be be done I am writing a script for this procedure and want to put it through a few runs on the live-copy internal test system and make sure all logging and other much needed data is 100% before actually executing it. I don't want any issues out of this.

For those of you who say 'just have it take AMC, and give us ActiveMining' its not as simple as that when you do extreme logging, share tracking, transaction entries, etc.
I just want to spend the right amount of time to make sure things go as smoothly as possible and not "slap a simple script together".

I was hoping to get it done today but had some family stuff to deal with. Hopefully it will be doable within the next 20~24 hours or possibly sooner depending on time availability.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Ukyo

[emphasis added]
GHNeko

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:01:01 AM

Completely missed that. Sorry and thanks!
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 05:17:08 AM

LMAO ohh Belize another Cayman Islands, these guys are real trust worthy. It's easy to outline a scam, set up shop in a fishy jurisdiction, have a mailing address somewhere in London.

Scammer's usually don't make it easy to order a product. Hence their insanely complicated ordering with expansion slots, and 1000 different configurations, with absolutely no explanation.

lewicki

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 05:22:04 AM

LMAO ohh Belize another Cayman Islands, these guys are real trust worthy. It's easy to outline a scam, set up shop in a fishy jurisdiction, have a mailing address somewhere in London.

Scammer's usually don't make it easy to order a product. Hence their insanely complicated ordering with expansion slots, and 1000 different configurations, with absolutely no explanation.

The company(ActiveMining) required investment to get off the ground. In order comply with (get around) US laws, it was incorporated in Belize. VMC, registered in Delaware is whom you would be buying from.

I'll refer you to this post to get a grasp of what the components that are for sale are for:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=206488.msg2750983#msg2750983
JohnyBigs

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 05:29:22 AM

The company(ActiveMining) required investment to get off the ground. In order comply with (get around) US laws, it was incorporated in Belize. VMC, registered in Delaware is whom you would be buying from.

I'll refer you to this post to get a grasp of what the components that are for sale are for:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=206488.msg2750983#msg2750983

Nice $10K for a 5U rack! LMFAO, 10K for a piece of metal, a 5u rack which you can buy for $100-$300. Yes exactly to get around US laws so they can take pre orders and disappear, or never deliver anything. Set Up in Belize, so the US has no jurisdiction, when their shell bullshit scam Delaware company declares bankruptcy.
lewicki

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 05:39:57 AM

Nice $10K for a 5U rack! LMFAO, 10K for a piece of metal, a 5u rack which you can buy for $100-$300.  

You're not just paying for the case, but the components inside it as well.

If you have the space, purchase the base modules. Ken mentioned that the expansion case was unfortunately pretty expensive; however, you are paying for space, rather lack thereof when it comes to the expansion cases.
JohnyBigs

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 05:42:42 AM

Nice $10K for a 5U rack! LMFAO, 10K for a piece of metal, a 5u rack which you can buy for $100-$300.  

You're not just paying for the case, but the components inside it as well.

If you have the space, purchase the base modules. Ken mentioned that the expansion case was unfortunately pretty expensive; however, you are paying for space, rather lack thereof when it comes to the expansion cases.

Yes i will right away! because you guys aren't suspicious at all lol
lewicki

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 05:43:53 AM

because you guys aren't suspicious at all lol

Let me know if you have any more questions.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 09:38:51 PM

I need some tech support from Vbs or Ken before getting back in ACTM. 

My brain's EECS well is almost dry.  Quantum lithography?  Sure, common knowledge.

Iterative vs. rolled vs. unrolled cores?  Ummm, ELI30 ploz....      

Which is more faster?  Which is ACTM using?

Will our giant semi-premade cores have better heat dissipation from being more widely spaced?

Is this stuff Top Secret, because NDA?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:00:50 PM

My brain's EECS well is almost dry.  Quantum lithography?  Sure, common knowledge.

Iterative vs. rolled vs. unrolled cores?  Ummm, ELI30 ploz....      

Which is more faster?  Which is ACTM using?

Will our giant semi-premade cores have better heat dissipation from being more widely spaced?

Solid questions, I hope these are answered.

Also, is everything still on schedule with production? Any prototypes on the horizon? Have you had to make any design/spec changes since announcing your product specifications and entering the R&D/production phase?
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:01:42 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 11:03:44 AM by Vbs

My brain's EECS well is almost dry.  Quantum lithography?  Sure, common knowledge.

Iterative vs. rolled vs. unrolled cores?  Ummm, ELI30 ploz....      

Which is more faster?  Which is ACTM using?

Getting back in ActM? Oh my! Grin

The current simulations are at 20 unrolled cores at 800MHz to 1GHz (16GH/s to 20GH/s) per chip.

There are various factors for heat dissipation but a larger chip area lowers thermal resistance, for a specific power (W/mm^2).

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:20:42 PM

I have ordered two Fast-Hash-One base units. Honestly, the way difficulty is going up and the amount of new companies that are offering hardware (that will ship earlier/at the same time as you are planning on), I will not buy any more product from you at the current prices. Are there any plans to become more competitive with your pricing?

I am fine with ordering more hardware elsewhere. I just think that you guys are undervalued by the community, and would love to give you a little more business. However, at the current pricing and with all the other options available, there is no way I am going to do that.

PS you completely ignored my last questions, please answer if you are able (ignoring me is not a good way to earn more business from me either):

Also, is everything still on schedule with production? Any prototypes on the horizon? Have you had to make any design/spec changes since announcing your product specifications and entering the R&D/production phase?
lewicki

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:25:46 PM

I have ordered two Fast-Hash-One base units. Honestly, the way difficulty is going up and the amount of new companies that are offering hardware (that will ship earlier/at the same time as you are planning on), I will not buy any more product from you at the current prices. Are there any plans to become more competitive with your pricing?

I am fine with ordering more hardware elsewhere. I just think that you guys are undervalued by the community, and would love to give you a little more business. However, at the current pricing and with all the other options available, there is no way I am going to do that.

PS you completely ignored my last questions, please answer if you are able (ignoring me is not a good way to earn more business from me either):

Prices will reflect difficulty. As it increases, you'll be able to purchase more hardware.

As far as production goes, Ken is under NDA at the moment with eASIC. The moment he is allowed to reveal production status, he will make an announcement through his PR.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:27:48 PM

Prices will reflect difficulty. As it increases, you'll be able to purchase more hardware.

As far as production goes, Ken is under NDA at the moment with eASIC. The moment he is allowed to reveal production status, he will make an announcement through his PR.

Thank you sir.  Grin
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 09:35:46 PM

Heads up! Smiley

eASIC press release:

http://virtualminingcorp.com/pr130904.pdf
http://www.easic.com/vmc-uses-easic-to-achieve-24-756-ths-bitcoin-miner/

Additional important news for shareholders from Ken via the Advisory Board:

First units on schedule for second half of November.

PR will post this formally shortly (re: press release)

Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 10:18:34 PM

Heads up! Smiley

eASIC press release:

Too expensive, too late, not safe enough (still no paypal?), I DEMAND well, nothing really, since I won't buy anything that expensive that late in the game with zero buyer protection.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 10:23:23 PM

Heads up! Smiley

eASIC press release:

Still 0 technical details...

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 10:26:02 PM

Heads up! Smiley

eASIC press release:

Too expensive, too late, not safe enough (still no paypal?), I DEMAND well, nothing really, since I won't buy anything that expensive that late in the game with zero buyer protection.

Word.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: