Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:44:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VMC] Official Virtual Mining Corporation Discussion  (Read 85947 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 11:52:50 PM

don't get me wrong, both products are actually listed in their shop (see links) - i don't know anything about a name change.
it's just a matter of customization: the silver machine goes from 64-384GH/S and the gold one from 128-768GH/S.
So, my common sense tells me, 384GH/S should cost the same, regardless if the machine is a silver or a gold one....
...but maybe there's some detail i missed that justifies the huge price difference...

Check this thread and you will see that the products were named Fast-Hash-One in the past. Now in order to attract more suckers they are named with Silver and Gold. This smells like cheap marketing. Caveat Emptor!

How would you have them be named (The deal with eASIC is done, the chips are being made and there's no amount of FUD you can throw at it to prove otherwise as the PR post is on eASICs website).

Anything constructive to say?

It's not the name that annoys me, it's the recent changes with Silver and Gold. Anyway i just wanted to point out that this company is fishy. Let's all just move along.

Bragraphics is touchy because he's been eating some very serious ACTM losses.  Instead of getting out when he had the chance, he doubled down!   Grin

He's pissed the eASIC PR pep rally had a shorter half-life than Seaborgium.

To him, if you're not cheerleading you're trolling.  So get those poms-poms up and kick!   Cheesy

Thank you for the clarification. I don't read the Securities forum so i wasn't up to date with the stuff going on there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 02:47:08 AM

Fast-Hash One You will be able to PRE-ORDER our 128 GH/s to 24.576 TH/s Bitcoin Miner Starting At $3,899

Now On Sales For $2,399.60.

Platinum: 256 GH/s Expandable To 24.576 TH/s
Gold: 128 GH/s Expandable To 12.288 TH/s
Zero Configuration - Plug and Play
4U Rack Mountable Case
High Quality Motherboard
Platinum Edition: ~1500 Watts Gold Power Supply
Gold Edition: ~750 Watts Gold Power Supply
Platinum Edition:1 to 6 256 GH/s Bitcoin Mining Modules
Gold Edition:1 to 6 128 GH/s Bitcoin Mining Modules
1 X 120mm High Speed Front Fan
4 80mm 2 Front 2 Rear Exhaust Fans
Auto Power Supply Fan
Power Supply Monitor Lights
Retainer For Full Height Modules
Base System 100 Watts
Mining Modules Gold: 100 Watts Platinum: 200 Watts
(Optional) 1 To 6 Expansion Cases
(Optional) Rack Mount Slides

Our Fast-Hash-One chip is being developed for VMC by

eASIC: http://www.easic.com

using there Fast ASIC Turn Around process

http://www.easic.com/high-speed-transceivers-low-cost-power-fpga-nre-asic-45nm-easic-nextreme-2/easic-nextreme-2-fast-turnaround-asics-manufacturing/
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 05:25:49 AM

Isn't this shipping even yet?  Bitfury spin-offs are now better economy than this sale price & already shipping Shocked
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 06:54:30 AM

This product will be shipped directly from the United Satates.  You will be responsible for all Duties and Taxes.

All Specification Subject To Changes Without Notice.
arorts

Activity: 408

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:14:05 AM

Isn't this shipping even yet?  Bitfury spin-offs are now better economy than this sale price & already shipping Shocked

Agree. Rather stick to a proven, reliable provider actually shipping already, such as BF, that has also demonstrated an incredible customer commitment. I'm happy with them so far :-)
gaspark

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:17:58 PM

Are there problems with the support form on the website?
I got the last reply on 2013-09-05.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:57:27 PM

Fast-Hash One You will be able to PRE-ORDER our 128 GH/s to 24.576 TH/s Bitcoin Miner Starting At $3,899

4U Rack Mountable Case
High Quality Motherboard
Auto Power Supply Fan
Base System 100 Watts

http://www.easic.com/high-speed-transceivers-low-cost-power-fpga-nre-asic-45nm-easic-nextreme-2/easic-nextreme-2-fast-turnaround-asics-manufacturing/

So 2500 for 128ghash? LOL $20/ghash is BFL-level pricing. And less power eff. than bitfury.
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:46:20 PM

4U Rack Mountable Case
High Quality Motherboard
Auto Power Supply Fan
Base System 100 Watts

So 2500 for 128ghash? LOL $20/ghash is BFL-level pricing. And less power eff. than bitfury.

I would like to refer that its not 2500$ for 128/ghash...

but 2500$ for 384 /ghash

check here: http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=21&controller=product#/fh_64ghs_module_a-total_384_gh_s_hashing
MassiveInvestor

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:14:03 AM

Funny a whole community of people with nothing to do than sit around and bash someones effort and business! There are numerous company's that have promised and not delivered. Standard investment return is around 10% per year respectively I think that any of the mfg companies out there are doing a commendable job and working on the process quite well. How about if you don't have something nice to say SHUT UP! if you want to say it HOP in your car, plane or ship and go visit a company and if you have something to say....... Do it TO THEM because saying it here doesnt get anything accomplished and is very childish!!!!!!!
gaspark

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 04:58:14 AM

I have several questions regarding my order with you.

1) I noticed that you founded a company called "Virtual Mining" last year in Missouri, which was later closed by the authorities (https://www.sos.mo.gov/BusinessEntity/soskb/Corp.asp?3322736). Now there is another "Virtual Mining" company registered in Delaware, which also operates in Missouri, but with a different name (BTC Mining Corporation). Can you please shed some light on this, in particular why the authorities shut down your former "Virtual Mining" company?

2) On you website you state that "Fast-Hash" and "Gold Rush" are trademarks of your company. However, when checking with the US Patent and Trademark Office (http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/) I did not find any such trademarks registered by "Virtual Mining Corporation". Can you elaborate on this?

3) What happens if you cannot deliver my miner by October/November as stated on your website? Will I get a refund in this case?

Many thanks and all the best,
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 10:27:01 AM

You might be interested in this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297503.msg3202260#msg3202260

Not sure if that post may be deleted so...

lavalampoon said:

"Ken,

Glad to see you back on the forum responding to questions. For me it was too late though. I've met you and the rest of your team too. I talked with you for a couple hours and saw your excitement just prior to the eASIC announcement. I looked you in the eye and trusted you. I probably know you more than most of your investors. At one time I was one of the top five shareholders (on BF at least). It seemed like as soon as you got the NRE there was no need to keep people informed--and NDA was a poor excuse. The only time you spoke up was just after whales dumped shares. I knew ActM was not a scam, but I could not explain the silence. Watching the stress on the forum was irritating. AM hadn't given updates that I'd ever read and that was fine because it was a predictable pattern. ActM showed an inconsistent pattern, and that became a concern. At some point I finally decided that I'd had enough, and it no longer mattered to me what you'd return to say. Good news just became an opportunity to sell. I'm just a small ActM shareholder now and will likely hold here. NEOBEE looks more interesting. Very likely they won't have a forum presence or respond to every troll inspired fear. What they appear ready to offer is the predictability that markets value most. If you want to live by your motto of helping investors then start with being predictably honest and work toward profitability. The trolls weren't effective until (perhaps) they had gotten to you. Moderate their posts with a passion. We've all seen what happens when they get the run of the place.

Best of Luck
"
WikileaksDude

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:54:19 AM

You might be interested in this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297503.msg3202260#msg3202260

lavalampoon said:

"Ken,

Glad to see you back on the forum responding to questions. For me it was too late though. I've met you and the rest of your team too. I talked with you for a couple hours and saw your excitement just prior to the eASIC announcement. I looked you in the eye and trusted you. I probably know you more than most of your investors. At one time I was one of the top five shareholders (on BF at least). It seemed like as soon as you got the NRE there was no need to keep people informed--and NDA was a poor excuse. The only time you spoke up was just after whales dumped shares. I knew ActM was not a scam, but I could not explain the silence. Watching the stress on the forum was irritating. AM hadn't given updates that I'd ever read and that was fine because it was a predictable pattern. ActM showed an inconsistent pattern, and that became a concern. At some point I finally decided that I'd had enough, and it no longer mattered to me what you'd return to say. Good news just became an opportunity to sell. I'm just a small ActM shareholder now and will likely hold here. NEOBEE looks more interesting. Very likely they won't have a forum presence or respond to every troll inspired fear. What they appear ready to offer is the predictability that markets value most. If you want to live by your motto of helping investors then start with being predictably honest and work toward profitability. The trolls weren't effective until (perhaps) they had gotten to you. Moderate their posts with a passion. We've all seen what happens when they get the run of the place.

Best of Luck
"

Keep the FUD out of this thread please.

He also said this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297503.msg3205556#msg3205556

@gaspark

Those questions would be better via PM. You know.. ken has been d0xed from at least 10 guys from bitcointalk, so far nothing.

After this line only hardware talk
----------------
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 04:20:11 AM

lavalampoon said:

"Ken,

Best of Luck
"

Keep the FUD out of this thread please.

He also said this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297503.msg3205556#msg3205556

@gaspark

Those questions would be better via PM. You know.. ken has been d0xed from at least 10 guys from bitcointalk, so far nothing.

After this line only hardware talk
----------------

keep up the cheerleading... makes you guys look desperate.

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 01:36:42 PM

1) I noticed that you founded a company called "Virtual Mining" last year in Missouri, which was later closed by the authorities (https://www.sos.mo.gov/BusinessEntity/soskb/Corp.asp?3322736). Now there is another "Virtual Mining" company registered in Delaware, which also operates in Missouri, but with a different name (BTC Mining Corporation). Can you please shed some light on this, in particular why the authorities shut down your former "Virtual Mining" company?

Did not pay the required fee, as I did not need that company any longer.  Yes, since we are operating in Missouri, we had to file as a foreign corporation, but could not use the Virtual Mining name as it is taken.

2) On you website you state that "Fast-Hash" and "Gold Rush" are trademarks of your company. However, when checking with the US Patent and Trademark Office (http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/) I did not find any such trademarks registered by "Virtual Mining Corporation". Can you elaborate on this?

You get a Trademark by using it, then you can registered it at the uspto.gov, then it becomes a registered trademark.

3) What happens if you cannot deliver my miner by October/November as stated on your website? Will I get a refund in this case?

Yes, we will give refunds if we can not deliver on time.
funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:15:14 PM

Did not pay the required fee, as I did not need that company any longer.  Yes, since we are operating in Missouri, we had to file as a foreign corporation, but could not use the Virtual Mining name as it is taken.

You get a Trademark by using it, then you can registered it at the uspto.gov, then it becomes a registered trademark.

Yes, we will give refunds if we can not deliver on time.

That is a very good USP for VMC to have, it's really good to hear.
qukkM

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:08:10 PM

yeah I agree it is a great selling point and certainly gives me some more confidence in my purchase, but I have not had any reason to doubt VMC or my platinum order. time will tell but ActiveMining/VMC looks to be setting itself up to be ASICMINERs first true competitor.

http://www.bitcoinseedshop.com -  the first bitcoin only cannabis seed shop. Secure, pseudonymous payments.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:15:49 AM

yeah I agree it is a great selling point and certainly gives me some more confidence in my purchase, but I have not had any reason to doubt VMC or my platinum order. time will tell but ActiveMining/VMC looks to be setting itself up to be ASICMINERs first true competitor.

I can bear some over the top comments, but first true competitor?  Are you aware of AsicMiners reputation with selling hardware?.. price & ROI I mean. (investing in their stock is another matter entirely).  Also, you may have heard of a little company called Bitfury... <cough cough>
aquarius

Activity: 275

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:40:04 PM

Funny a whole community of people with nothing to do than sit around and bash someones effort and business! There are numerous company's that have promised and not delivered. Standard investment return is around 10% per year respectively I think that any of the mfg companies out there are doing a commendable job and working on the process quite well. How about if you don't have something nice to say SHUT UP! if you want to say it HOP in your car, plane or ship and go visit a company and if you have something to say....... Do it TO THEM because saying it here doesnt get anything accomplished and is very childish!!!!!!!

+1

but there are suspicions about them being paid trolls (by competitors). what I don't get is why someone doesn't moderate the thread and let the trolls start their own thread if they wanna spread FUD about a company.
WikileaksDude

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:59:37 PM

+1

but there are suspicions about them being paid trolls (by competitors). what I don't get is why someone doesn't moderate the thread and let the trolls start their own thread if they wanna spread FUD about a company.

Even a PR from another security (labcoin) keeps bashing VMC. Its actually pretty good to see this, keep talking about VMC good or bad Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253282.msg2696164#msg2696164

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253282.msg2697871#msg2697871

but the truth is.. labcoin has no mining gear, and they bought avalons haha noobs

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1mcyrb/labcoin_crashes_as_news_reveals_lies/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1m1wvl/labcoin_is_now_mining_2th_50_by_the_end_of_october/

if trolls are being paid by the competition they would be from coinlab,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297530.0

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:00:07 PM

+1

Even a PR from another security (labcoin) keeps bashing VMC. Its actually pretty good to see this, keep talking about VMC good or bad Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253282.msg2696164#msg2696164

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253282.msg2697871#msg2697871

but the truth is.. labcoin has no mining gear, and they bought avalons haha noobs

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1mcyrb/labcoin_crashes_as_news_reveals_lies/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1m1wvl/labcoin_is_now_mining_2th_50_by_the_end_of_october/

if trolls are being paid by the competition they would be from coinlab,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297530.0

Yeah because a PR is much worse than your "bump" post...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: