Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:16:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Real Estate Blockchain Crowdfunding Technology  (Read 139760 times)
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:32:44 PM

What you are saying is, I write a database, and in this database I put a number of bank accounts. I have to send dollars to all those bank accounts which they're located in many countries, what can happen? Some banks will accepet the transfer, maybe other not, other maybe will freeze my account because I got a transfer from Singapore. You have to trust banks, anything can happen really! I repeat, there's a smart contract in place where RPP are located, they send profits in ETH and you get paid automatically without a third party, if it's not clear now I don't know what to say anymore

I don't say that ! I can send you Bitcoins or ETH, then your platform don't need take dollars, and can run without blockchain. Bittrex is an example of a platform that don't need using blockchain.

First, if you trust a third party like Bittrex with your coins/tokens, good for you, personally I don't leave coins/tokens in exchanges, unless it's decentralized and I own the private keys.
Second you're saying "I can send you Bitcoins or ETH" but you write also "you can run without blockchain". But btc and eth are on blockchains Cheesy
Third, why I have to send manually btc or eth to hundreds of addresses if a smart contract can do it in one go?
That's the last time that I try to argue with you on this, seems that you're lacking some basic knowledge, no offense, I'm not trying to be rude in any way

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:45:29 PM

What you are saying is, I write a database, and in this database I put a number of bank accounts. I have to send dollars to all those bank accounts which they're located in many countries, what can happen? Some banks will accepet the transfer, maybe other not, other maybe will freeze my account because I got a transfer from Singapore. You have to trust banks, anything can happen really! I repeat, there's a smart contract in place where RPP are located, they send profits in ETH and you get paid automatically without a third party, if it's not clear now I don't know what to say anymore

I don't say that ! I can send you Bitcoins or ETH, then your platform don't need take dollars, and can run without blockchain. Bittrex is an example of a platform that don't need using blockchain.

First, if you trust a third party like Bittrex with your coins/tokens, good for you, personally I don't leave coins/tokens in exchanges, unless it's decentralized and I own the private keys.
Second you're saying "I can send you Bitcoins or ETH" but you write also "you can run without blockchain". But btc and eth are on blockchains Cheesy
Third, why I have to send manually btc or eth to hundreds of addresses if a smart contract can do it in one go?
That's the last time that I try to argue with you on this, seems that you're lacking some basic knowledge, no offense, I'm not trying to be rude in any way

Yes, but the smart contract came at a huge cost for token holders. From an investment perspective, it's hard to justify the added cost to build out the platform. Investors fund the technology and the team gets to own it.

gorrion

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:56:02 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 05:30:57 AM by gorrion

Maybe you are right. I don't understand well the technology.  I will try to learn, maybe your technologic solution is great to create a crowdfunding real state platform. I see more as an investor:

If you bought 100 ETH in the ICO ( ETH was 300 USD ) , so you spend 30,000 USD, now you will have 17.300 USD ( as each ETH give you 220 REAL )

If you just keep the ETH now you will have 91.000 USD as ETH Tripled.

Lucky for REAL that their 11.000.000 would become about 30.000.000 USD but not so lucky for investors.

As well REAL just sell 50 % of tokens and didn't burn the rest, this normally dilutes the value of the token.

And at the end changing Bitcoins or ETH for REAL, seems a bad decision not only in the ICO but in future, changing increases in bitcoin price for small rentability in real state.

Thanks for your time, no offense, people in REAL  more clever than me, so the money depart from me.

NOTE: Hope someone can illustrate me why is necessary use blockchain to develop a crowdfunded real state platform. I have some doubts in this recent conversation.

" First, if you trust a third party like Bittrex with your coins/tokens, good for you, personally I don't leave coins/tokens in exchanges, unless it's decentralized and I own the private keys". I supposed some Exchanges like Coinbase or Bittrex never hacked because high security, but who knows. Anyway if you send Ethereum to REAL ( the company ) they can be hacked as well, if they are hacked probably the REAL token will suffer.

"Second you're saying "I can send you Bitcoins or ETH" but you write also "you can run without blockchain". But btc and eth are on blockchains Cheesy" That is like to say that if Facebook accepts bitcoin as payment all the platform is in Blockchain Cheesy

"Third, why I have to send manually btc or eth to hundreds of addresses if a smart contract can do it in one go? " If you opened an account in REAL  you could have your participation and payments there. "This could be in Ethereum, but will be needed to be insured againtst hacking, as does Coinbase.

The investor in real state  wants an stable investment  ( appreciation of value of property and rents ) , but using blockchain makes the REAL token an speculative one as is trading in the exchanges, so for me not make any sense as a business concept. Maybe I am wrong but for me the team started with a good idea of crowdfunding real state but just used the blockchain technology when they saw the huge opportunity to receive free money from the madness of our times. Now they will try to defend blockchain is a revolution to keep the interes of people and new investors. I suppose this happens in many projects out there.

I will see how works the platform and if blockchain really offers something here but I think in this case is just the opposite, using a token that can be traded in exchanges and has an high volatility is a problem for the real state investor ( apart that with the current liquidity if someone sells just a little of REAL the value just goes to 0 ).  Too much revolution !
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:55:58 PM

I'm reading this conversation and I want to answer to you, gorrion on this point

"I supposed some Exchanges like Coinbase or Bittrex never hacked because high security, but who knows. Anyway if you send Ethereum to REAL ( the company ) they can be hacked as well, if they are hacked probably the REAL token will suffer. "

Yes exchanges have high security but potentially they can hack them.
When you send ethereum to a smart contract it's not possible that it can be hacked, unless the contract itself is bugged like the DAO or recently, Parity's multisig contracts. An example is etherdelta, they got hacked but unless you were dumb to put your private key in while it was hacked (it was suspicious that suddendly your address didn't appear in the top right corner) you didn't lose your ethereum and tokens

gorrion

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:11:56 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 03:35:56 PM by gorrion

I'm reading this conversation and I want to answer to you, gorrion on this point

"I supposed some Exchanges like Coinbase or Bittrex never hacked because high security, but who knows. Anyway if you send Ethereum to REAL ( the company ) they can be hacked as well, if they are hacked probably the REAL token will suffer. "

When you send ethereum to a smart contract it's not possible that it can be hacked, unless the contract itself is bugged like the DAO or recently, Parity's multisig contracts. An example is etherdelta, they got hacked but unless you were dumb to put your private key in while it was hacked (it was suspicious that suddendly your address didn't appear in the top right corner) you didn't lose your ethereum and tokens

Thanks for your answer. So if you send crypto with smart contract will be 100 % safe. I thought insured bitcoins or cold storage as Coinbase offers could be other posibilities, but not expert.

But still in the dark about how really works the REAL token, and how can you participate in an stable real state  investment if the token fluctuates in the exchanges.

I will wait for the platform to see if their idea makes sense. By the way they  said before the ICO in an interview with Ian Balina  ( he gave 5 stars to this ICO ! ) that the platform would be live in October 2017 and still i have not  seen even the beta version.
panorama

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:56:38 PM

Thanks for your answer. So if you send crypto with smart contract will be 100 % safe. I thought insured bitcoins or cold storage as Coinbase offers could be other posibilities, but not expert.

But still in the dark about how really works the REAL token, and how can you participate in an stable real state  investment if the token fluctuates in the exchanges.

I will wait for the platform to see if their idea makes sense. By the way they  said before the ICO in an interview with Ian Balina  ( he gave 5 stars to this ICO ! ) that the platform would be live in October 2017 and still i have not  seen even the beta version.

REAL is very simple. They will invest in real estate and if the investments do well, you will make money. There's really nothing else to consider besides the real estate strategy when analyzing the opportunity.

gorrion

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:06:06 PM

REAL is very simple. They will invest in real estate and if the investments do well, you will make money. There's really nothing else to consider besides the real estate strategy when analyzing the opportunity.

Well for ICO investors they put 100 % money but received just 50 % of tokens. So if it was that simple was a terrible investment. So we expected the token in exchanges could do well. But I don’t see clear how token can be in exchanges if it is thought to be used to buy properties.

It will be simple for me changing opinion if someone could answer me those simple questions:

1 - To buy a part of property people has  to buy REAL in exchanges ? or people has to buy sending ETH  to the platform ?

2 - And if people sell their part of property how they will be paid, in ETH or in REAL

3 - And in any case who will determine  the value of REAL, the company or the market in the exchanges.

panorama

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:55:31 AM

Well for ICO investors they put 100 % money but received just 50 % of tokens. So if it was that simple was a terrible investment. So we expected the token in exchanges could do well. But I don’t see clear how token can be in exchanges if it is thought to be used to buy properties.

It will be simple for me changing opinion if someone could answer me those simple questions:

1 - To buy a part of property people has  to buy REAL in exchanges ? or people has to buy sending ETH  to the platform ?

2 - And if people sell their part of property how they will be paid, in ETH or in REAL

3 - And in any case who will determine  the value of REAL, the company or the market in the exchanges.

You're right. It was a terrible investment for anyone who bought into the ICO because you paid to fund an asset (the technology) that doesn't generate any return for you. As a buyer from an exchange, it really is as simple as deciding if you like the real estate strategy.

To answer your specific questions:

1) Yes. To buy properties (using RPP tokens), you first need to own REAL.
2) I think if you want to sell your property interest (RPPs), you'll get REAL back.
3) The market determines the value of REAL

george_crypto

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:27:56 AM

You're right. It was a terrible investment for anyone who bought into the ICO because you paid to fund an asset (the technology) that doesn't generate any return for you. As a buyer from an exchange, it really is as simple as deciding if you like the real estate strategy.

2) I think if you want to sell your property interest (RPPs), you'll get REAL back.

As an ICO investor, still my hopes are high that it can pass that price after it is fully fanctioned.
I was expecting more updates in January actually.
gorrion

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:54:32 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 11:37:21 AM by gorrion

I will wait for the platform to see if their idea makes sense. By the way they  said before the ICO in an interview with Ian Balina  ( he gave 5 stars to this ICO ! ) that the platform would be live in October 2017 and still i have not  seen even the beta version.

1 - To buy a part of property people has  to buy REAL in exchanges ? or people has to buy sending ETH  to the platform ?

3 - And in any case who will determine  the value of REAL, the company or the market in the exchanges.

Thanks for your comments. I agree that was a bad investment in the ICO. But I disagree that is a good investment if you like the real state strategy.

The token don't make any sense. With not liquidity if you sell the value of 15 ETH in  REAL the value goes to 0. If you want to buy 15 ETH of REAL to buy some real state the price will sky rocket. For this to work it would be necessary that investors just use a very liquid crypto, as Bitcoin or maybe ETH.

I think they try to adapt some parts of blockchain technology to their crowdfunding real state idea but they made a company that don't make any sense. For me they didn't need a token, or at least this token can't be used to invest in the first place. Maybe  they use some parts of blockchain technology, but for me was never needed.

I don't think the founders Bernardo Hernandez and Enrique Dubois are scammers, they just jump to the opportunity of dumb money. Maybe they will figure out some solution ( all will be done in ETH, in fact I believe they do some payments with it ) but then the REAL token is just useless and not serious exchange will ever list it.

If you want to invest in Real State using this  soon you will realize you can't calculate your rendability using the REAL Token.
panorama

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:48:16 AM

I will wait for the platform to see if their idea makes sense. By the way they  said before the ICO in an interview with Ian Balina  ( he gave 5 stars to this ICO ! ) that the platform would be live in October 2017 and still i have not  seen even the beta version.

1 - To buy a part of property people has  to buy REAL in exchanges ? or people has to buy sending ETH  to the platform ?

3 - And in any case who will determine  the value of REAL, the company or the market in the exchanges.

Thanks for your comments. I agree that was a bad investment in the ICO. But I disagree that is a good investment if you like the real state strategy.

The token don't make any sense. With not liquidity if you sell the value of 15 ETH in  REAL the value goes to 0. If you want to buy 15 ETH of REAL to buy some real state the price will sky rocket. For this to work it would be necessary that investors just use a very liquid crypto, as Bitcoin or maybe ETH.

I think they try to adapt some parts of blockchain technology to their crowdfunding real state idea but they made a company that don't make any sense. For me they didn't need a token, or at least this token can't be used to invest in the first place. Maybe  they use some parts of blockchain technology, but for me was never needed.

I don't think the founders Bernardo Hernandez and Enrique Dubois are scammers, they just jump to the opportunity of dumb money. Maybe they will figure out some solution ( all will be done in ETH ) but then the REAL token is just useless and not serious exchange will ever list it.

If you want to invest in Real State using this  soon you will realize you can't calculate your rendability using the REAL Token.

At some point I expect the team to actually acquire real estate. Once they do, that real estate should generate a return for token holders. If that happens, the liquidity will appear. As an example, let's say the real estate provides a 10% annual return based on its true value. If the token is trading at a 50% discount, you'd earn a 20% return for buying it at that price. I can pretty much guarantee there will be buyers if the return looks attractive.

However, this is the same reason you can't really expect the token to trade at much of a premium. If the real estate is generating a 10% return and you pay 2x the value for the token, you'd only earn 5%.

That said, I think you're right about other points. The token isn't really necessary, and this business doesn't even have to be on the blockchain. Fractional ownership real estate already exists. It's not a very liquid business, but REAL isn't solving that problem either.

The team didn't scam anyone. Unfortunately, they structured the ICO in a way that made it a terrible investment, but they were pretty upfront about the terms. Anyone who did proper research into the ICO should have known it wasn't worthwhile. The team saw an "easy" way to raise money and took advantage of it.

gorrion

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:46:00 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2018, 04:11:31 PM by gorrion

In my opinion you can't design a business to invest in real state and depend in the liquidity of an speculative token. The risk not finding buyers for your REAL tokens too high ( and instead of a real state 12% gain, have a 80 % loss when you try to sell the REAL token. Anyway this risk is more evident now: you can see that the market now offers only 15 ETH for ALL REAL tokens  !! )

In white paper not clear how they work, waiting to see the platform or revised white paper to see all details.

Anyway I wish good luck them

Note: I would recomend them to sell their ETH so they don't lose all the money from the ICO, I don't want them to disappear. I  won't be able to criticize them !
investor esteban

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:12:58 PM

Can the defensive team member please explain to me their intricate risk management philosophy on not scaling out of our ethereum holdings?

Holding it for some sort of announcement which in itself was meant to be some magical milestone we were supposed to look forward to

Huh

The charts have been screaming classic bubble and ethereum will have competing blockchain infrastructures (which much greater scalability) and you hold it as if it is digital gold?

Now the plan is to wait for several months ?

If the alpha is due by next month, I fail to believe they have not sold so we could start our real estate investments straight away on their platform.

Am I missing something here? Did they really get caught with their pants down?
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:48:08 PM

Can the defensive team member please explain to me their intricate risk management philosophy on not scaling out of our ethereum holdings?

Holding it for some sort of announcement which in itself was meant to be some magical milestone we were supposed to look forward to

Huh

The charts have been screaming classic bubble and ethereum will have competing blockchain infrastructures (which much greater scalability) and you hold it as if it is digital gold?

Now the plan is to wait for several months ?

If the alpha is due by next month, I fail to believe they have not sold so we could start our real estate investments straight away on their platform.

Am I missing something here? Did they really get caught with their pants down?

wait for the platform, end of february to see more, instead of waiting for words.
Sowik

Merit: 327

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:26:27 PM

In my opinion you can't design a business to invest in real state and depend in the liquidity of an speculative token. The risk not finding buyers for your REAL tokens too high ( and instead of a real state 12% gain, have a 80 % loss when you try to sell the REAL token. Anyway this risk is more evident now: you can see that the market now offers only 15 ETH for ALL REAL tokens  !! )

In white paper not clear how they work, waiting to see the platform or revised white paper to see all details.

Anyway I wish good luck them

Note: I would recomend them to sell their ETH so they don't lose all the money from the ICO, I don't want them to disappear. I  won't be able to criticize them !

It is obvious that they chose to make an ICO just because this was the only way they were gonna get their money for their "project". Nobody else would give them.
If the people in the crypto scene weren't greedy for "fast ICO gains" they wouldn't as well but this is where a bubble gets you.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:39:52 PM

We'll see in a three or four months, if it will be a total fail, don't worry, I'll be among the first ones to coming here to bash them but for now I'm just waiting in the hope that everything will work as intended

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:46:04 PM

Let's see what happens. I was shocked the price has tanked and on ED it went down by 90% in one day, so many now have dumped or are dumping REA at whatever price they can get for the token. We really need some response from the Team as to what is going to be the trajectory for the next quarter so we can see how to manage our holdings accordingly. Due to the fact that this is a real estate project, I kept all my REA tokens and haven't sold once till date. I want to give the project at least another six months to see how and what progress will be made.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Rijakolus

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:05:25 PM

68 USD 24h volume?! My god. Well i have to invest in a scam projet sometime...
mandibleclaw

Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:59:11 PM
Merited by Jack Liver (2)

https://medium.com/@real_token/short-status-update-575f8bf71613

So beta next week, first investement in Thailand, two new exchanges next month. I didnt' check recently, they sold their ETH ?

george_crypto

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:00:29 PM

https://medium.com/@real_token/short-status-update-575f8bf71613

So beta next week, first investement in Thailand, two new exchanges next month. I didnt' check recently, they sold their ETH ?

Impressing quick, short update. Finally we can see what they have been up to.
About the ETH reserve, they moved Ethereums but don't know if they sold ot not. I think they sold at least some of the reserve.
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 »
  Print  

Jump to: