Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:13:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Billionaire Token - Games on the Blockchain! 🔥 Deflationary Algorithm  (Read 70870 times)
gawajn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:33:50 PM

Will there forever 10% of the coins which are sent to the decentralized raffle burnt?
Does this mean, that the "blind" will increase all the time, since the coins increase in value?
gluedog (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 05:46:23 PM

The desktop version is actually the only one that I have seen. If you call professional a flashy-looking site with a space/stars-like background that takes forever to scroll from one section to the next, then ok. Ask anyone else and they would tell you something different. I am not a Fudder, I wanna invest in this project simply because the potential for the price to shoot to the moon is very high due to high demand/low supply. But that doesn't matter if this turns out to be yet another shitty scammy ICO - your website and lack of transparency don't fill me with confidence.

That's a bit more constructive. You could have said that from the beginning. But don't say it looks like it's from the 90's, because it clearly doesn't.

We appreciate your concern. We will definitely better all aspects of Billionaire Token, this is just the beginning. Having a better looking website is one of our marketing objectives, but as I have said before: right now we are focused entirely on finishing the ICO and getting the Raffle and the Burner on-line so we can stay on-schedule with the roadmap.

Will there forever 10% of the coins which are sent to the decentralized raffle burnt?
Does this mean, that the "blind" will increase all the time, since the coins increase in value?

Hello, players will be able to pick their own blind prices before the game starts. If the coins increase in value you can just decrease the blind amount.

On another note, there are now just under two hours until the 50% bonus window starts.

And less than one hour until the in-development Become a Billionaire Raffle code is uploaded to GitHub.

Billionaire Token - Are you burning to play?
gluedog (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 06:26:30 PM

The Raffle code has just been uploaded to GitHub: https://github.com/billionairetoken/TokenCore/blob/master/Raffle.sol

There is now one hour left until the 50% bonus comes into play.

gluedog (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 07:31:49 PM

The 50% bonus 24-hour long window is now active!

redmeat

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:36:23 PM

This project is so cool, GJ gluedog.  Smiley
0x7a3933

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:38:33 PM

The Raffle code has just been uploaded to GitHub: https://github.com/billionairetoken/TokenCore/blob/master/Raffle.sol

Great to know, this makes easier for us to monitor the development process! Smiley

Good job.
LostWords

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:58:56 PM

That looks good! I like the development during ICO. A lot of projects start development after ICO or dont start at all. This is for me proof that this is really being worked on and legit.
gluedog (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 11:23:40 PM

Great to know, this makes easier for us to monitor the development process! Smiley

Good job.

Yes!

But don't go bug hunting just yet, the code is still under development.

We shall announce when the bug hunting season begins.
All you skilled programmers will have a chance to win a lot of Billionaire Tokens and also help us create better quality products.

dakovic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:16:04 AM

Awesome, i've been waiting for this can't wait to look it over Smiley
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:20:59 AM

The Become a Billionaire raffle Smart Contract will run forever, and will have an internal timer that will reset
   itself every seven days.

Thank you for this update Gluedog.  Keep the developments coming.  I like how the raffle is self-sufficient.  I am not a coder.  I'd be happy to hear what some devs think!  Seems like there is real progress being made here.

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
Champion123

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:45:28 AM

The desktop version is actually the only one that I have seen. If you call professional a flashy-looking site with a space/stars-like background that takes forever to scroll from one section to the next, then ok. Ask anyone else and they would tell you something different. I am not a Fudder, I wanna invest in this project simply because the potential for the price to shoot to the moon is very high due to high demand/low supply. But that doesn't matter if this turns out to be yet another shitty scammy ICO - your website and lack of transparency don't fill me with confidence.

That's a bit more constructive. You could have said that from the beginning. But don't say it looks like it's from the 90's, because it clearly doesn't.

We appreciate your concern. We will definitely better all aspects of Billionaire Token, this is just the beginning. Having a better looking website is one of our marketing objectives, but as I have said before: right now we are focused entirely on finishing the ICO and getting the Raffle and the Burner on-line so we can stay on-schedule with the roadmap.

Hello, players will be able to pick their own blind prices before the game starts. If the coins increase in value you can just decrease the blind amount.

On another note, there are now just under two hours until the 50% bonus window starts.

And less than one hour until the in-development Become a Billionaire Raffle code is uploaded to GitHub.

Sorry if I offended you. It was supposed to be constructive, but nowadays I see tens, even hundreds of ICO-s every single month coming out. The first thing an investor sees is the website. To truly differentiate yourself from the other hundred ICO-s, the website needs to be at least on par with the industry standards. If you chase people away from the site, they won't even read the whitepaper or anything else that helps them convince to invest. I don't know, maybe I look at everything from a marketing/UX (user experience) perspective, but that website truly needs a re-design. I can give you some recommendations if you want, but since you are a developer, I guess you already knew a lot of stuff about that.

Anyway, another concern is the fact that if someone buys in more than 15% of the tokens, you will have a problem with the distribution system as you said so yourself. The buy limit however does not resolve this problem. In the banking world, it would. But in the crypto world, all you need is an address to get the money. And in your case, an address + an email. You think an individual cannot create tens of addresses & emails and buy a lot of coins for himself under different aliases? If that happens, once the ICO is over, you will have an incredible pump/dump situation in your hands.
lukunku

Activity: 117

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:51:50 AM

Hello, I have a question about the raffle code:

function getRand(uint256 upper_limit) returns (uint256 random_number)
   {
      /* This will have to be replaced with something less predictable.    */
      return uint(block.blockhash(block.number-1)) % upper_limit;
   }

Why is the Raffle's random number generator have to be replaced with something "less predictable" and why is it predictable?
gluedog (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 08:45:07 AM

Hello, I have a question about the raffle code:

function getRand(uint256 upper_limit) returns (uint256 random_number)
   {
      /* This will have to be replaced with something less predictable.    */
      return uint(block.blockhash(block.number-1)) % upper_limit;
   }

Why is the Raffle's random number generator have to be replaced with something "less predictable" and why is it predictable?

Everything that the contract sees, the public sees. Using a blockhash means that the miners can influence the result of the random number generator to a certain degree. They could conceivably have a chance at the prize per block they mine.

We can do a few things to avoid anyone from cheating this way (although highly unlikely they will be able to even without the following measures):

1. Change the random number generator to be externally seeded from a source like random.org. This would mean that we would have to trust random.org, though.

2. Make the raffle_bowl mapping private before releasing the raffle - so that nobody can see what position they are in the ticket queue by just watching this variable - they could still however check the blockchain explorer and see how many people called registerTickets() during that week, although they would not see the return value of this function (so they wouldn't know if those tickets got registered or not).

3. Not generate the random number in registerTickets(), but have an external script call a function checkWeek() every week on the Smart Contract so that even if we use the blockhash to seed our random number generator, so it will be impossible to find it and so users will not be able to influence the result of the Raffle.

Just implementing #2 will give us the level of security that a decentralized Raffle system needs, however we'll implement even more safeguards to guarantee a fair game.

willdono

Activity: 260
Merit: 217

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:25:19 AM

function setTicketPrice(uint256 _ticket_price) onlyOwner
    {
           /*   Only the owner may or may not be able to change ticket price.  */
          /*   Should this be put to a vote?                                          */
         /*   Should the ticket price always be fixed?                       */
        /*   We can always update the Raffle.                               */
        ticket_price = _ticket_price;
    }

IMO, the ticket price should be put to a vote.
gluedog (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 09:56:59 AM

{
    }

Okay, I have created a voting thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2167911.0

Everyone who wants to have a say on the price of a Ticket for the Raffle now has the option of voting for it:)

willdono

Activity: 260
Merit: 217

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:06:55 AM

{
    }

Okay, I have created a voting thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2167911.0

Everyone who wants to have a say on the price of a Ticket for the Raffle now has the option of voting for it:)

Okay, thank you.
lukunku

Activity: 117

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:25:52 AM

10 is ok!
gluedog (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 11:51:15 AM

Anyway, another concern is the fact that if someone buys in more than 15% of the tokens, you will have a problem with the distribution system as you said so yourself. The buy limit however does not resolve this problem. In the banking world, it would. But in the crypto world, all you need is an address to get the money. And in your case, an address + an email. You think an individual cannot create tens of addresses & emails and buy a lot of coins for himself under different aliases? If that happens, once the ICO is over, you will have an incredible pump/dump situation in your hands.

An ETH address + an email + a new IP. Also the IP can't be on any proxylist or known VPN IP classes.

If someone does indeed bypass all these measures, and manages to buy more than 10-15% of the whole supply, and a pump & dump occurs - I am still extremely bullish on Billionaire Token. A pump & dump won't hurt the coin in the long run. No. Just short-term it will affect it, but I am very optimistic nonetheless even if such an incident occurs. We have so many small buyers now that I consider the distribution to be successful already.

The only thing that can harm this project is if the entire crypto market bubble pops and Bitcoin goes to $1000 or less and everything is dead.

Nunzio

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:31:15 PM

Can I still get a 70% bounty if I pay 0.4 btc??
gluedog (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 12:38:14 PM

Can I still get a 70% bounty if I pay 0.4 btc??

Yes. That bounty is available every day, until the end of the ICO. BTC

Only once per person, per day though. The owner of the first transaction over the minimum limit will be eligible for receiving this reward.
You also have to post the TX ID here in the forum.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: