Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:42:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - TestNet Thread - Pool Testing for Proof of Bible Hash Pool (PoBh)  (Read 13170 times)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 12:29:57 AM

Oh ok 10-4 guys, well scratch (most) of what I said earlier, there was a bug in the value carried over into the block_distribution when you have more than one miner on the account!  So now it makes much more sense.

I deleted the last 3 blocks and let them re-pay and now they look pretty sane.

May we Charge forward now!

Ah, I was tracking the HPS and noticed that it started looking correct for multiple workers all of a sudden.

The pool is starting to look pretty good. Hopefully we can get some more people to jump on testnet once it's close to release to stress test it a bit.
Yeah I hate to stress test it in prod but hopefully we will find any remaining bugs.  From a server perspective I think it might be OK but we'll see.  My xeon quad cpu came in and I planned on making that the pool server but it came in DOA, so Ill probably just use the same pool server you hit now as that will take a few weeks to get a new one in.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:06:02 AM

Yeah I hate to stress test it in prod but hopefully we will find any remaining bugs.  From a server perspective I think it might be OK but we'll see.  My xeon quad cpu came in and I planned on making that the pool server but it came in DOA, so Ill probably just use the same pool server you hit now as that will take a few weeks to get a new one in.

Too bad the xeon was DOA Sad Hope your current sever is also fit for the job.

I have a question about the withdrawal form. All the balance is still immature. Is this normal behaviour? I guessed the payout would mature 12 hours after being awarded (and thus a part of the balance should be available to withdrawal at this time), but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've never poolmined before, so I have no idea if this is normal.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 11:44:43 AM

I have a question about the withdrawal form. All the balance is still immature. Is this normal behaviour? I guessed the payout would mature 12 hours after being awarded (and thus a part of the balance should be available to withdrawal at this time), but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've never poolmined before, so I have no idea if this is normal.

Good morning!

It looks like your first mining_credit was on 08-14 @ 09:40 AM, that is approx 3 hours from now in the future, so the balance should start becoming mature in about 3 hours, at that point, the appropriate portion of the balance should start becoming available.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

So I dont see any pool issues from last night, payments look pretty good.  Maybe we can do some final testing and then towards the end of the day if nothing comes up, we can point our miners to Test against prod to ensure the isolation between nets is working properly, but we probably wont find a block while testing, but it should still be a worthwhile exercise.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
marte1982

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:38:39 PM

hi Dev...when pool go live? ...impossible solo mining...
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:03:24 PM

Good morning!

It looks like your first mining_credit was on 08-14 @ 09:40 AM, that is approx 3 hours from now in the future, so the balance should start becoming mature in about 3 hours, at that point, the appropriate portion of the balance should start becoming available.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

So I dont see any pool issues from last night, payments look pretty good.  Maybe we can do some final testing and then towards the end of the day if nothing comes up, we can point our miners to Test against prod to ensure the isolation between nets is working properly, but we probably wont find a block while testing, but it should still be a worthwhile exercise.

Okay, thanks! I'll check later if the balance will come available Smiley

I don't quite understand what you mean with 'testing against prod', buy if you'll tell me what to do, I'll be glad to help you.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 03:36:39 PM

Good morning!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Okay, thanks! I'll check later if the balance will come available Smiley

I don't quite understand what you mean with 'testing against prod', buy if you'll tell me what to do, I'll be glad to help you.

I was thinking in a couple hours, we can switch a few of our miners (but not all) over to the prod chain, and verify the current wallet can hash against prod through the pool.

I have to take care of a couple IT issues now, but I will be back to start enabling Prod for testing in about an hour.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
happy_merchant

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:04:39 PM

Did some testing on a few different worker configurations:

-2 machines, 2 worker IDs, 1 account: 20231.04 HPS average
-2 machines, 2 worker IDs, 2 accounts: 18982.15 HPS average (both accounts combined)
-2 machines, 1 worker ID, 1 account: 11139.25 HPS average

Was only about 20 blocks each. The first two configurations are essentially equal as expected and agree pretty well with the hashps reported from getmininginfo.

The third configuration is reporting low. If I had to guess, it's randomly reporting the HPS of one machine or the other, rather than combining them. I don't know how common the case of someone running all their rigs under a single worker ID would be, but I figure I'd check it out just in case.

Looking pretty solid. I haven't been able to break anything from my end since the update.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 05:58:46 PM

-2 machines, 2 worker IDs, 2 accounts: 18982.15 HPS average (both accounts combined)

Was only about 20 blocks each. The first two configurations are essentially equal as expected and agree pretty well with the hashps reported from getmininginfo.

The third configuration is reporting low. If I had to guess, it's randomly reporting the HPS of one machine or the other, rather than combining them. I don't know how common the case of someone running all their rigs under a single worker ID would be, but I figure I'd check it out just in case.

Looking pretty solid. I haven't been able to break anything from my end since the update.

Thanks, very good idea.  Yes, on the 3rd config, I believe the pool is stomping on itself, because one thing it does is keeps track of threadids that hit it and request work.  If the same minerguid (workerid) hits the server with the same threadid and asks for new work, it deletes the old work record.  Therefore shortchanging the potential earnings on that share for the miner.  So I think in this case we will have to tell the users to have at least one workerid per machine.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Guys (and Girls), I just deployed the Prod pool and enabled it for prod testing.
The settings are all the same as testnet, so you should now be able to reboot and start testing against prod.
The payment system is turned on (knock on wood) against the prod server for BBP also.
I see a few miners are already hitting it- if you would, please restart your nodes, as Id like to clear out any old mining threads.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
tiras

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:27:31 PM

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Guys (and Girls), I just deployed the Prod pool and enabled it for prod testing.
The settings are all the same as testnet, so you should now be able to reboot and start testing against prod.
The payment system is turned on (knock on wood) against the prod server for BBP also.
I see a few miners are already hitting it- if you would, please restart your nodes, as Id like to clear out any old mining threads.

OMG ,  it's happenning...     pool website slowed down   a bit .

when real distribution will start ?

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:28:46 PM

What must be changed to mine prod pool instead of testnet pool? Also which version of the wallet is required?
tiras

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:34:56 PM

What must be changed to mine prod pool instead of testnet pool? Also which version of the wallet is required?

just start it with pool config

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:52:38 PM

Yes, but the mining info in the wallet says it is pool mining on mainnet but the pool does not display my miner. It does not seem to pick it up.
smoosh

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:15:28 PM

Thanks, very good idea.  Yes, on the 3rd config, I believe the pool is stomping on itself, because one thing it does is keeps track of threadids that hit it and request work.  If the same minerguid (workerid) hits the server with the same threadid and asks for new work, it deletes the old work record.  Therefore shortchanging the potential earnings on that share for the miner.  So I think in this case we will have to tell the users to have at least one workerid per machine.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

working for me

{
  "blocks": 3125,
  "currentblocksize": 1000,
  "currentblocktx": 0,
  "difficulty": 0.05424680421054862,
  "errors": "",
  "genproclimit": 14,
  "network_khashps": 12406.06353746923,
  "hashps": 111931.682322801,
  "minerstarttime": "08-14-2017 19:11:03",
  "pooledtx": 0,
  "testnet": false,
  "chain": "main",
  "biblepay-generate": true,
  "poolinfo1": "http://pool.biblepay.org",
  "poolinfo2": "f52e68b7-e193-47d9-8045-9a23d10fc285",
  "poolinfo3": "",
  "poolmining": true
}
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 07:15:38 PM

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

OMG ,  it's happenning...     pool website slowed down   a bit .

when real distribution will start ?

All,

Having some problems on the server side.
Locking issues in the database, and errors in IIS.

Checking into the problem now.

Keep hashing against Prod though, so I can work this out.

Thanks.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Cloudpost

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:18:14 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 07:36:19 PM by Cloudpost

bible_pay,

I noticed few issues.
1) Worker hashrate shows 0 on pool dashboard from time to time.
2) On some workers CPU load jumps from low % to higher when I chech real CPU load
3) Looks like pool blacklists a worker if too many threads are set (I got 28 and 32 thread worker banned), switching to lower threads helped.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
tiras

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:48:54 PM

bible_pay,

I noticed few issues.
1) Worker hashrate shows 0 from time to time.
2) On some workers CPU load jumps from low % to higher
3) Looks like pool blacklists a worker it too many threads are set (I got 28 and 32 thread worker banned), switching to lower threads helped.

I've launched 5 workers a while ago  and still  can't see work info for some of the lower HPS ones.

tiras

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:56:36 PM

bible_pay,

I noticed few issues.
3) Looks like pool blacklists a worker it too many threads are set (I got 28 and 32 thread worker banned), switching to lower threads helped.

I've launched 5 workers a while ago  and still  can't see work info for some of the lower HPS ones.

I guess we have people coming with racks of XEONs

marte1982

Activity: 129

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:16:49 PM

no block after 1 h pool...strange or is it normal?
tiras

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:38:26 PM

bible_pay,

I noticed few issues.

the pool must be struggling to maintain the load . I can see  in the low power miner    "pool mining"  flipping true/false in "getmininginfo" . 

tiras

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:44:22 PM

bible_pay,

I noticed few issues.

the pool must be struggling to maintain the load . I can see  in the low power miner    "pool mining"  flipping true/false in "getmininginfo" . 

now it's showing stats for  only 2 out of my 6 running workers in "Workers - main" 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: