Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:55:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - TestNet Thread - Pool Testing for Proof of Bible Hash Pool (PoBh)  (Read 13164 times)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 01:35:47 AM

I'm not sure why DDoS would be effective either, except for the idea that if the pool gets knocked off right before the solution is found, then all the hashes for that block from the pool are wasted.  Granted, I would think that would require someone to be paying attention to the block chain pretty fiercely but that doesn't really make much sense.  The only other thing that makes a bit more sense is a campaign of a hacker who has an axe to grind with religion but really, if that were the case (not suggesting or condoning this) why wouldn't they hit some high profile target like Joel Osteen or The 700 Club.  So really, the only thing that makes much sense is a rival coin, which is sad to think about, or someone that doesn't realize no pool all that hash goes solo (and for the short term, that's a zero sum game, maybe long range the lack of a pool drives out other miners, but that's a bit hard to fathom).

We need more pool servers, I've offered as well to buy and run one if the price wasn't outlandish but I think the Dev wants to get a more finished product out there before that sort of thing happens.  The counter argument to that is if there were one or two or three other supporters (I won't name anyone at the risk of offending, but I'd wager there's five or six posters in this thread contributing half the posts), like myself, that were willing to buy or at least Co-Lo a pool server under the direction of the Dev with the understanding it would be remotely accessed and upgraded on the short term by him and after his pool software was "prime time", would then become the hosts duty, there would be enough takers.
I can tell you with relative certainty why we're getting ddossed.  Anyone who tries to create a 'novel' algorithm and a new pool is a threat to the top 50 coins on coinmarketcap.  I think its more of a jealous group or actor than someone trying to extract an edge out of the pool. 

On forking the code and running multiple pools, I agree, it is probably better to give you an early version of the code and have more than one, and have you upgrade later, rather than wait until we have a finished pool.  However, I dont view it as 'ready' to check in.  It still needs a couple things related to SQL, so, if you can respect the fact that its not ready to check in yet, thats why its too early to fork it to two beta pools.  In addition, the alpha version is 65% complete (keeps getting interrupted by these outages) and I may end up checking that in instead, depending on how its received.  The alpha version is completely different than the beta version.

there are ready VPSs or dedicated servers with DDOS protection on the market..  did you consider using one or few of them ?

google cloud is available for free now and it has DDOs protection too

Yeah, this pool wont run on a php or mysql host, it requires SQL 2012, .NET 4.5, biblepayd running as an instance on a static IP, etc.  It could possibly be hosted on a windows hosting service, I suppose we'll find out when our first volunteer tries, but on my end I already paid for cloudflare and we should know within 24 hours if it helps.

It is good to use cloudflare to handle DDOS activities. And I noticed the pool react pretty fast now, wondering if it is already cloudflare protected?

BTW, did you add setting on your pool server to allow connection from cloudflare IP only, because your pool's IP has been exposed previously to DDOS attacker, which they might perform attack directly to your pool's IP without going through the cloudflare. Just my two cents, hope it helps to eliminate your headache on DDOS again.

Yeah, we are live on cloudflare.  The reason you dont see the testing browser for 5 seconds when you hit the pool, is the switch for 'we are under attack' is off, but its still filtering attackers.  Im afraid to turn it on, as I dont want to disrupt the API calls as weve had enough problems for a few days.  Ill expiriment with it in the next two days. 

According to the report weve had 5.3 million hits since 4pm (4 hours ago).
It must be doing something, because my VOIP phone is working again, and I was ironically on the phone talking to a salesperson for an anti-ddos service (lol) earlier.

Anyway, one feature cloudflare gives us is free HTTPS on every subdomain.  Thats not working yet for some reason, although it is working on https://www.biblepay.org.  Ill check into that asap for pool.biblepay.org.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:19:58 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2017, 10:30:08 AM by inblue

Pool is down. Here are some screenshots I was able to catch over time, maybe they are helpful:

there are ready VPSs or dedicated servers with DDOS protection on the market..  did you consider using one or few of them ?
google cloud is available for free now and it has DDOs protection too
Yeah, this pool wont run on a php or mysql host, it requires SQL 2012, .NET 4.5, biblepayd running as an instance on a static IP, etc.  It could possibly be hosted on a windows hosting service, I suppose we'll find out when our first volunteer tries, but on my end I already paid for cloudflare and we should know within 24 hours if it helps.

I believe most of the big providers like Google Cloud, AWS and Azure provide all the things you need.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 10:56:48 AM

Its 06:00AM, and the pool is UP and I see we solved a block almost every hour.

If you have a screen shot of the actual error (not one that had to do with upgrading the database), please post it.

As far as hosting on one of the top providers, If you would like to pay $3-4 an hour and host one on Azure, Im sure it would work also, and I can help direct you on setting it up on a dedicated server.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
inblue

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:48:46 AM

Its 06:00AM, and the pool is UP and I see we solved a block almost every hour.

If you have a screen shot of the actual error (not one that had to do with upgrading the database), please post it.

What do you mean with "actual error"? Those are the errors I encountered when trying to load the pool website at that time when my miners showed "poolmining" to be false and the message "pool down, reverting to solo mining". If the errors are not helpful because they have something to do with SQL, all right, but they are not happening when the load on the pool is low.

As far as hosting on one of the top providers, If you would like to pay $3-4 an hour and host one on Azure, Im sure it would work also, and I can help direct you on setting it up on a dedicated server.

No need to be snarky. Maybe you missed this post from a few days ago:

Isn't all this just a simple issue with the lack of CPU power on the server? I mean, it could be easily solved by employing a more powerful server and I bet that a few people here would be willing to donate for the costs, myself included. Or simply open source the pool and somebody will host it on a higher-end machine.

Regardless, I don't know where did you get that pricing from, it's really not that much. Here is the pricing table. The fastest CPUs based on my recent experience are ironically not in "Compute optimized", but in "General purpose" and they are named "D2-64 v3". I don't know what your current specs are, but even a D4 v3 with 4 cores at $0.384/hr could possibly outperform the current setup.

Also, Azure gives you $200 free credit outright, which means that not only can you experiment and see if it suits your needs, but actually host the pool for a lot of days for free. Google Cloud gives $300 free credit. There is a great deal of other offers and promos, for example I can have free web apps on Azure from some student promo, you can get a lot of AWS credit in various ways etc.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 11:49:18 AM

User Name   Miner Name   Hashes Per Sec   Hashes Per Sec2   Shares   Reported
inblue   blu11   834457.71   839418.82   22   9/1/2017 6:44:00 AM

Inblue, what kind of machine is this at the top?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 01:35:45 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT:

It is obvious that the BiblePay Cryptocurrency has a strong interest by thousands of users and many want to see us succeed.  Our dedicated user-base is growing by 5% per day, our external node count is very close to reaching 1000 nodes, we have over 20 million hits per day in our first pool, we have a slack team planned to handle growth, we have our f7000 release planned (raising the bar), and even have a new pool coming out of development in 2 days.

Part of the growing pains we are experiencing is creation of our own slack IT group, along with dedicated operations forum topics, and subtopics.  For example, PR, Sanctuaries, Charitable steering, IT issues, Tickets, etc.  In this way we can become more organized.  In our current admin tools setting, we are unable to create subtopics or organize our communication abilities, create managers & administrators,  or even perform the most basic business process.

So that we can grow in a more professional way going forward, we are launching a dedicated forum for biblepay:

http://forum.biblepay.org/

Please post new communications in the Testnet testing thread on that site going forward, to ensure a response is received.

Best Regards,

Rob

Lead Dev

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
tiras

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:39:56 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT:

It is obvious that the BiblePay Cryptocurrency has a strong interest by thousands of users and many want to see us succeed.  Our dedicated user-base is growing by 5% per day, our external node count is very close to reaching 1000 nodes, we have over 20 million hits per day in our first pool, we have a slack team planned to handle growth, we have our f7000 release planned (raising the bar), and even have a new pool coming out of development in 2 days.

Part of the growing pains we are experiencing is creation of our own slack IT group, along with dedicated operations forum topics, and subtopics.  For example, PR, Sanctuaries, Charitable steering, IT issues, Tickets, etc.  In this way we can become more organized.  In our current admin tools setting, we are unable to create subtopics or organize our communication abilities, create managers & administrators,  or even perform the most basic business process.

So that we can grow in a more professional way going forward, we are launching a dedicated forum for biblepay:

http://forum.biblepay.org/

Please post new communications in the Testnet testing thread on that site going forward, to ensure a response is received.

Best Regards,

Rob

Lead Dev

Hey Rob ,    the new forum  registration form captcha won't show up:    "Type the letters shown in the picture:"

I'm using Firefox .

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?action=register

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
inblue

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:46:56 PM

Intel Xeon E5-2666 v3 with 72 threads, but you limited the threads promptly back to 24. Wink After that it dropped to less than 200k, but it still showed 800k locally.

But what purpose is having the thread limit now after you made it so that the miners send packets via one stream instead of separately for each thread? As far as I understand, a miner with 4 threads and a miner with 64 threads should now equally strain the pool server? Plus the share difficulty will also adjust accordingly as usual?
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:38:52 PM

Hey Rob ,    the new forum  registration form captcha won't show up:    "Type the letters shown in the picture:"

I'm using Firefox .

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?action=register

I had to use the audio captcha, it's a glitch he's working on.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
616westwarmoth

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:40:35 PM

Intel Xeon E5-2666 v3 with 72 threads, but you limited the threads promptly back to 24. Wink After that it dropped to less than 200k, but it still showed 800k locally.

But what purpose is having the thread limit now after you made it so that the miners send packets via one stream instead of separately for each thread? As far as I understand, a miner with 4 threads and a miner with 64 threads should now equally strain the pool server? Plus the share difficulty will also adjust accordingly as usual?

What cooler you run to keep that thing from sizzling?  If I run 24 threads on my Xeon it starts to climb over 77C and hits peaks at 85-90C.

tiras

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:55:28 PM

inblue ,   how are you getting this :  blu14   837187.18

we still have 24 thread limit ,    don't  we ?

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
inblue

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:41:47 PM

inblue ,   how are you getting this :  blu14   837187.18

we still have 24 thread limit ,    don't  we ?

Honestly I'm not sure anymore, try increasing your genproclimit and see what you get. I put it at 80 and that's what I got.
616westwarmoth

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:09:04 PM

The Dev said the new test server pool2.biblepay.org supports up to 100 threads, but you have to use 1.0.2.7 wallet.

Your credentials should be the same there as the current pool.

ste1

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:56:51 PM

POOL DOWN-REVERTING TO SOLO MINING
whirlingblue

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:03:24 PM

My machines won't connect to the main pool anymore using the most recent version of the client (as of this morning). Switched to pool2 and I'm getting shares and my workers show up in the leaderboard, but I haven't gotten a payment in the last 12 hours.
tekbirsoft

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:27:36 PM

Sory;
I could login to pool2.biblepay.org site. but I can not login to pool.biblepay.org with the same information. The pool2.biblepay.org site is closed. I do not know what to do right now. Can you help me? User name Tekbirsoft, workers tekbir1, tekbir2.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:47:40 AM

I guess I should try to become a Bible coin whale ASAP considering which is my BCT nickname... Smiley

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
SquidConqueror

Activity: 123
Merit: 111

Happy to be in the Community! Hi Y'all!

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:55:32 PM

It's after block 7000.  Anxiously waiting for an update  =)   Grin

It's Time to Collect TheVig [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
6pako39I6pa

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:10:46 PM

Yesterday, there were problems with the connection of the wallet and transfers from the wallet and the pool, someone else came across?
616westwarmoth

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:23:55 AM

Made an article (testnet) (News-Create News Article).  When I hit preview, the preview popped under the main menu and was very difficult to see.  When I hit the OK button (in the Create News Article window), it closed the Create News Article Window.  When I again selected News-Create News Article it popped up the CNA window, but my preview was still under from before.  However, nothing seemed to save from my previous incarnation of CNA and I had to retype (cut-paste).  When trying to edit the format of my article (and it may be because I was on VNC) it would not allow for insert, only overwrite style edits.

I closed the preview, hit the Preview button in CNA window, got a new preview.  Did an edit, hit preview and it refreshed the preview window (as expected).  When I hit publish, I THOUGHT it said it would cost 400 BBP, I was then charged 4500 BBP and did not note the article ID.  The transaction summary is below.  Either way, even if I misread 4000 as 400, 4500 is above that.  I don't see in debug what my article ID was, so I cannot verify it exists yet.

One consideration to make would be a WSISYG editor.  I'm pretty sure there are some open implementations that would be adaptable with ease, and lower the barrier for entry for writing news articles.

<TX log>
Date: 9/26/2017 23:05
To: yadZnJ3hD3FRC8CiLZEVNqejvQFgNtu5ci
Debit: -500.00000000 tBiblepay