Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:49:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: |ANN| CrocodileCash | PoW/DPOS/PoS Hybrid | Snap Them Up Fast | Android Wallet |  (Read 61406 times)
john_W

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:05:31 AM

you the Boss man!

====

app feedback

- can we get a description on the croc-site on how to navigate the app ( i mean like a guide of some sort, explain what you will fine on each tab, how to backup the wallet and where to fine the file ect) )

- can the the amount you are making via staking be shown somewhere on the home page

- when you click on the last icoin you will be stuck there, you cant click on the other icoins to go back only hitting the go "back" button on the phone let you out

- the Recent transactions" info that is display not readable ( look like the letter  size is to big for the display area )

Phone- Huawei P9 Lite, Android 6.0, screen 5.2 inches

I can't really help with any android wallet related questions guys. I didn't code the thing. I just posted it to Google play using my developer account. You'll have to contact the guy that coded it(whoever that was). Sorry.. Not much help I know.

We cool man
I'm not complaining, just informing  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KuriousCate24

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

I'm Not Pretty Enough !!!

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:44:25 AM

Confirming that the Android Wallet App is working with a ZTE ZIP "4 Inch Screen" device.

I'm looking forward to spending my CROC on some of those games when they come too Smiley

Flowers Are Like Humans...
startsts

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:52:09 AM

does Android Wallet App support QR codes reading?

In what format should I write params in QR code?   for bitcoin for example it was 'bitcoin:1Agb153xWsbqS9vt8gP4vBFKHkAchLMdSX?amount=1',  how it will be for CROC?

cryptosamuri

Activity: 105

lets make money together!

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:00:31 AM

if there is one thing that will predict how well a coin will do and if people will adopt it,  the personality of the dev staff especially at the beginning when people are interested. This coin is going to fail by that standard when asked what the purpose of the coin is i was told read the white paper. while I could do that why should i if the dev can tell me in a sentence or two what his coin stands for why the fuc% am i going to read page after page of misc nonsense that is probable just a bunch of BS any way. What allot of devs are starting to forget is that there coin isn't really money its only valuable if the common man says it is . Since your money isn't shoved down our throats by some principality I don't have to look at it or use it. Bitcoin is king not because it has some magical ability or some achievement over all the other coins it is king because in the beginning people involved with it went out and shouted  what it was and what it could do from the mountain tops. so no I wont  read your white paper.

adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:06:20 AM

if there is one thing that will predict how well a coin will do and if people will adopt it,  the personality of the dev staff especially at the beginning when people are interested. This coin is going to fail by that standard when asked what the purpose of the coin is i was told read the white paper. while I could do that why should i if the dev can tell me in a sentence or two what his coin stands for why the fuc% am i going to read page after page of misc nonsense that is probable just a bunch of BS any way. What allot of devs are starting to forget is that there coin isn't really money its only valuable if the common man says it is . Since your money isn't shoved down our throats by some principality I don't have to look at it or use it. Bitcoin is king not because it has some magical ability or some achievement over all the other coins it is king because in the beginning people involved with it went out and shouted  what it was and what it could do from the mountain tops. so no I wont  read your white paper.

What exactly are you looking for? Cutting edge technology? A whole new codebase? This has none of that. Let's get real here. 99% of the coins coming out are just clones of other coins. It all just depends on the community surrounding the coin that makes it what it is. I get around 10 notifications of new coins everyday and 9/10 of them are for stupid scammy icos that you'll lose your money on. At least this coin can be mined and they're not out to just take everyones money and run.
Kaenguru

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:32:27 AM

Confirming that the Android Wallet App is working on my Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo 5,1 screen
Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:58:07 AM

I have a feeling you're full of shit anyway since the dev has never mentioned a whitepaper but a FAQ.... you're most probs a little angry that you missed the giveaway I'm sure of it Cheesy

Since you're too lazy to read the very fist page coin specs which any normal person would do, I say read this in a reply to your criticism before jumping to conclusions.

*Why the coin exists !*
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2076948.msg20809704#msg20809704
What is the main goal of this coin?

I knew this would come up eventually..... so as I said before in another thread prior to even building CrocodileCash, this would be my brief answer.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2052209.msg20551750#msg20551750

You would be surprised about the current knowledge I have about crypto since joining up, lurking and reading the banter and information on these forums in the last month, I come from a Programming background so it was fairly easy to understand the concepts and partake my own little tests & initiative, yes I did read the "how to make my own cryptocurrency guide" even though it is very outdated it was still useful to show me the way the codebase runs.

Got a name for a coin ? Then shoot it through to me, after all I don't want to make some crappy sounding coin even though it will be just another shitcoin, ha Cheesy

*Oh and you said PoW...... boring (Yawn) why not mix things up with PoW & PoS co-existing at the same time.

(This is why ^^^ concurrent DPOS was added for a period of time to shake things up a bit and have it fair for miners & stakers)

If the coin takes off in the near future which I have high hopes for then I might even get a Commemorative Physical coin minted (In a batch obviously) so people can purchase one/some & say that they own some Physical Crocodile Cash on a Shiny Round/Proof (Self Loadable with a Hologram) Grin

Plus crocodiles are Fierce Reptilians Wink

*FAQ !*
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2076948.msg20855628#msg20855628

Hello Gizzard,

It's time to investigate your coin. This is the first time I take a look at a very early coin. Please answer the following, it would be very appreciated:

1. What Bitcoin commit/release is this based off of?
2. When did you start development?
3. What does CrocodileCash bring to the table? PoW+PoS is not something innovative, as its been done several times.
4. Do you truly think keeping half of all CrocodileDash is fair and healthy for the community? Why?

That is all. Smiley

Thank you very much, I will post back when I am done my research.

1. What Bitcoin commit/release is this based off of ?

The CrocodileCash codebase was forked from AntiBitcoin [ANTI] (The most stable I've read about for SHA-256)

2. When did you start development ?

I joined the Bitcointalk Forums around the end of June/start of July after hearing about Bitcoin, started reading about cryptocurrencies, seen there was a bunch out there, come across a bundle of some old and new guides to make your own, decided to read a bit and play around with the code testing it on my own internal network applying changes from codebases I read through, seeing what works and whatnot, trial and error kind of stuff you know, before seeing that it works as intended, after that I changed (Again) Unix Time, pchMessageStart, generated new merkle, genesis, nNonce, (checked) ModifierCheckpoints & wallah
const char* pszTimestamp = "Aussie outback wrangler uses duct tape to shut giant jaws of monster crocodile 9th-August-2017";
(Last Wednesday I created this coin)

3. What does CrocodileCash bring to the table? PoW+PoS is not something innovative, as its been done several times.

It might have been done many times though I applied the values to give everyone a chance at grabbing some CrocodileCash whether it be by mining, staking, giveaway or faucet.
The Static Proof of Stake rewards that decrease every week (estimated) while running alongside a considerable value for Proof of Work mining gives everyone incentive, e.g: Just say you bought some coins on an exchange because you can't mine or have outdated hardware that can't compete, you then deposit the coins to your wallet to stake while the static DPOS rewards are active and you are essentially mining for 4x the PoW block reward then 3x (2nd week), 2x (3rd week), equal value (4th week) with Static/DPOS rewards while miners are mining a strict value which eventually changes to a constant of 1 coin per block while Static DPOS rewards change to a yearly 12% Annual Interest which grants the coin a long life span with the total cap in place, the earlier you get into CrocodileCash the better is the incentive, I also plan on giving back to the Crypto Community with some Commemorative Physical Minted CrocodileCash Rounds/Proofs which will be self loadable with a hologram so people can choose to do as they wish with them.

4. Do you truly think keeping half of all CrocodileDash is fair and healthy for the community? Why?

151,200 CROC to be exact, the rest is for giveaways and bounties, I think it is fair considering the above statement + there would be more than 43,200 CROC created per day from mining & current staking reward since they work together.
I should also mention that I would like some incentive for keeping this coin active & providing things for it otherwise I personally think it would be a waste of time & resources for myself and community.
I've read too much about altcoins with runaway devs if something breaks or the majority that dump & leave once it is listed on an exchange or two, I DO NOT intend to do that ! I know it's hard to believe somebody + put trust in them in this day and age since the scene is running rampant with the previous aforementioned.

Again I take note that I myself even said "after all I don't want to make some crappy sounding coin even though it will be just another shitcoin" but I intend to be here along the way to support it & provided things for it so it can end up being a half-decent cryptocurrency Smiley

Oh & I forgot to mention CROC's Rule ! Grin
zzwensel11

Activity: 160

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:30:31 AM

Impressive that we already have a working android wallet this early in the project. I can confirm it is running properly on an LG G3.

░▒▓█ / / /X42/ / / WELCOME TO FEELESS FUTURE! █▓▒░
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:44:18 AM

Confirmed reciept of 252 CROCS from the Airdrop. Goodluck to this project and thank you DEV.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:51:47 AM

got like 1300 coins now and make by stacking like 120 coins a day.

this is very nice Smiley and motivating Smiley
LightArena

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:32:50 PM

Interesting coin I can say that much, there has been hardly any FUD in the last 16 pages of conversations.

I might try my hand at the DPOS staking on the Android Wallet but that is only if I can buy some before it ends, Obviously on exchange since I like the Open Market Smiley
adroitful_one
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:45:35 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2017, 04:01:55 PM by adroitful_one

Interesting coin I can say that much, there has been hardly any FUD in the last 16 pages of conversations.

I might try my hand at the DPOS staking on the Android Wallet but that is only if I can buy some before it ends, Obviously on exchange since I like the Open Market Smiley

The only problem is that all of the exchanges want money to list coins these days. Nevermind the fact that there's tons of people in this thread alone that want to trade this coin and they'd make money off of each trade. I don't understand why exchanges want to make you pay for a listing. Greediness I guess. Also keep in mind that the reward is already down to 30 coins so there's not much time left to accumulate some coins through dpos
MikeyJo

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:05:23 PM

It is a very nice Staking coin, I have been staking consistently for about 11 days.
currypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 04:28:55 PM

Gizzard did you end up hiring one of those 2 guys for the wallet, or did you do it yourself?

What codebase did you base it off of?

Important questions - please put the answers up on the original post too Smiley Keep up transparency, and I will continue to support CrocodileCash.

You guys excited for Croc-lo?? You will be able to actually use your CrocodileCash!

kryptk

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:51:44 PM

The only problem is that all of the exchanges want money to list coins these days. Nevermind the fact that there's tons of people in this thread alone that want to trade this coin and they'd make money off of each trade. I don't understand why exchanges want to make you pay for a listing. Greediness I guess. Also keep in mind that the reward is already down to 30 coins so there's not much time left to accumulate some coins through dpos

What kind of money do they require to secure a spot?  Something a little legit at least....
adroitful_one
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:11:46 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2017, 06:38:38 PM by adroitful_one

What kind of money do they require to secure a spot?  Something a little legit at least....

Cheapest one I know of is Novaexchange. They require .10 btc to have it added to the voting list. Then, you still have to get 250 votes and wait a few days for them to add it. Then there's Yobit who claims they'll add it in 2-3 days for .10 btc, but here lately i've been seeing a few projects pay them that and a month later still not have their coin added. I get that these coins take up server space, but they're collecting fees on every transaction. Not to mention the extra coins they make when someone withdrawals Bitcoins(some of them charge .001 fee to withdrawal). So if I were to be running one I would just remove the coins which aren't making me any money in fees and keep the rest. I guess I need to see if I can find some open source exchange and start working on it. Don't want to start from scratch.. But, that's the only way I know I can trust it.

I think coinsmarkets.com will add it for free if the dev contacts them. I have used their exchange for another coin and it seems to be legit. But they require to be in contact with the dev.
john_W

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:29:55 PM

What kind of money do they require to secure a spot?  Something a little legit at least....

Cheapest one I know of is Cryptopia. They require .10 btc to have it added to the voting list. Then, you still have to get 250 votes and wait a few days for them to add it. Then there's Yobit who claims they'll add it in 2-3 days for .10 btc, but here lately i've been seeing a few projects pay them that and a month later still not have their coin added. I get that these coins take up server space, but they're collecting fees on every transaction. Not to mention the extra coins they make when someone withdrawals Bitcoins(some of them charge .001 fee to withdrawal). So if I were to be running one I would just remove the coins which aren't making me any money in fees and keep the rest. I guess I need to see if I can find some open source exchange and start working on it. Don't want to start from scratch.. But, that's the only way I know I can trust it.

I think coinsmarkets.com will add it for free if the dev contacts them. I have used their exchange for another coin and it seems to be legit. But they require to be in contact with the dev.

WTF, when did Cryptopia remove the option to pay with DOT to add a coin

but Cryptopia its a good place  Wink.
can't say the same of coinsmarkets.com, i have never hear from it
adroitful_one
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:37:06 PM

Cheapest one I know of is Cryptopia. They require .10 btc to have it added to the voting list. Then, you still have to get 250 votes and wait a few days for them to add it. Then there's Yobit who claims they'll add it in 2-3 days for .10 btc, but here lately i've been seeing a few projects pay them that and a month later still not have their coin added. I get that these coins take up server space, but they're collecting fees on every transaction. Not to mention the extra coins they make when someone withdrawals Bitcoins(some of them charge .001 fee to withdrawal). So if I were to be running one I would just remove the coins which aren't making me any money in fees and keep the rest. I guess I need to see if I can find some open source exchange and start working on it. Don't want to start from scratch.. But, that's the only way I know I can trust it.

but Cryptopia its a good place  Wink.

I can't even find the add coin details at Cryptopia anymore. It may be cheaper than what I quoted. Not sure. I had meant NovaExchange in my last post. I edited it. coinsmarkets.com is new. I'm not sure how trustworthy it is, but I used it a month ago for a different coin and even left some Bitcoin on there to see what would happen and the coins are still there.
john_W

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:43:38 PM

PSA :  staking reward is down to 15coin  Grin

after block 80641 i will be 1 coin, you better Snap Them Up Fast  Cool
https://github.com/RangaBoom/CrocodileCash/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1019
shogun47

Activity: 1764
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:47:21 PM

but Cryptopia its a good place  Wink.

I can't even find the add coin details at Cryptopia anymore. It may be cheaper than what I quoted. Not sure. I had meant NovaExchange in my last post. I edited it. coinsmarkets.com is new. I'm not sure how trustworthy it is, but I used it a month ago for a different coin and even left some Bitcoin on there to see what would happen and the coins are still there.

Maybe you can get in touch with the Cryptopia support directly and ask for a negotiation. I think the price for a listing on Cryptopia was reasonable if I remember correctly (in comparison to other exchanges).

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: