Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:13:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: |ANN| CrocodileCash | PoW/DPOS/PoS Hybrid | Snap Them Up Fast | Android Wallet |  (Read 61406 times)
startsts

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:05:38 AM

I added PoS at cryptohub  but maximum for staking for one user is 1000   Cheesy
I want to know community's opinion about it  Cool

can you put estimated value in balance wallet (just like bittrex wallet balance).. maybe total in btc, usd , or ruby ..
for me its easy to see total estimated value in wallet balance    Grin

I even don't know how it works - calculates estimated btc value just using highest bid? or checks all bids and their amounts?   It should be a heavy process for the server

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
startsts

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:14:22 AM

I added PoS at cryptohub  but maximum for staking for one user is 1000   Cheesy
I want to know community's opinion about it  Cool

Wow that is great news!

If you want, I can try to optimize the wallet or put in something to reduce CPU usage.

Do you know how exactly works PoS? I was reading that staking has difficulity that depends on summary wallet balance (more balance - lower dif),  but how it guess the task? Using CPU?  But XLR and WYV wallets currently consume 0% and they are at staking too. Only CROC wallet consumes CPU at my server

maxt3r

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:51:43 AM

can you put estimated value in balance wallet (just like bittrex wallet balance).. maybe total in btc, usd , or ruby ..

I even don't know how it works - calculates estimated btc value just using highest bid? or checks all bids and their amounts?   It should be a heavy process for the server
Something like this

https://ibb.co/jKreQb

its okay im just ask
john_W

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:59:16 AM

you pull that info from CMC or worldcoinindex API
https://www.worldcoinindex.com/apiservice

totaal wallet value could be something like : balance x "Price_usd"=
LuckyCheetah

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:18:23 AM

I will contact Gizzard to see if he's still around via PM.

Any word from Gizzard?

I'm here for the long haul...Let's do something cool  Cool

Please set up a multi sig address for donations when you get time  Grin

Cheers

Nah nothing. Will wait until end of day.

Yeah I'm up for doing something cool Smiley I'll keep you guys updated.

Its nice to see this thread having activity despite absence of DEV. Keep it up guys!  Smiley
Isn't it too early to consider despair? Seems like the dev didn't post too often in September anyway, though this absence of posts is the longest.
startsts

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:24:35 AM

you pull that info from CMC or worldcoinindex API
https://www.worldcoinindex.com/apiservice

totaal wallet value could be something like : balance x "Price_usd"=

well....  If so. it's easy to implement.... Will be added soon...

currypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 11:28:33 AM

Proposal Developers

1) activation of segwit.
2) Implementation of advertisements in the wallet to generate revenue.
3) use of the CROC blockchain in the field of transport and logistics.
4) Intelligent contracts: rent of a small percentage of the power of your computer to make calculations in different fields (research, company, laboratory, etc.).

Segwit integration should be straight forward...Just have to pull changes from Bitcoin core. Note: I have no idea how this will break the current network Smiley

2-4 though I don't care for. I do NOT want advertisements in a wallet. It's a security concern.

Intelligent contracts - yeah maybe if this was an Ethereum fork. But it aint! Tongue

currypto

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 11:31:25 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 12:02:11 PM by currypto

Wow that is great news!

If you want, I can try to optimize the wallet or put in something to reduce CPU usage.

Do you know how exactly works PoS? I was reading that staking has difficulity that depends on summary wallet balance (more balance - lower dif),  but how it guess the task? Using CPU?  But XLR and WYV wallets currently consume 0% and they are at staking too. Only CROC wallet consumes CPU at my server

When I was looking at PoS code it seems to be nearly random. I think it is myth that "more balance = lower difficulty". What actually happens is there is a probability of a block to be a stake block. You can stake multiple times (lets say, 1000 CROC, staked 10 times = 10,000 CROC staked) to find staked blocks faster. Or you can stake the whole 10,000 CROC once. The payout will be greater, but the chances of finding a stake block will be lower.

My setup is, I'm staking about 10,000 CROC split up 3 times. I make much more this way.

I will checkout the CPU usage issue and make it my priority number 1.

Edit: re-compiling CrocodileCash with -pg to do the profiling with gprof. I'll keep you updated.

john_W

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:03:35 PM

Proposal Developers

1) activation of segwit.
4) Intelligent contracts: rent of a small percentage of the power of your computer to make calculations in different fields (research, company, laboratory, etc.).

Segwit integration should be straight forward...Just have to pull changes from Bitcoin core. Note: I have no idea how this will break the current network Smiley

2-4 though I don't care for. I do NOT want advertisements in a wallet. It's a security concern.

Intelligent contracts - yeah maybe if this was an Ethereum fork. But it aint! Tongue

If you go forward  with Segwit integration will the next step be lightning network (when its finish)
what do you think ?
the code updates could be part of your Developer road map, apart of Croc-lo & the other things you mention some pages ago you wana do
currypto

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 12:09:52 PM

Proposal Developers

1) activation of segwit.

If you go forward  with Segwit integration will the next step be lightning network (when its finish)
what do you think ?
the code updates could be part of your Developer road map, apart of Croc-lo & the other things you mention some pages ago you wana do

I think lightning network is kind of ironic for our chain. On the other hand, if again it's fairly simple to merge Bitcoin's implementation...no problem.

I do not think this should be our priority though. Using CrocodileCash should be our priority.

Mikanoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

Insane In The Blockchain ⚠

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 01:26:06 PM

My setup is, I'm staking about 10,000 CROC split up 3 times. I make much more this way.
How? It splits inputs.

lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:09:00 PM

I will contact Gizzard to see if he's still around via PM.

Any word from Gizzard?

I'm here for the long haul...Let's do something cool  Cool

Please set up a multi sig address for donations when you get time  Grin

Cheers

Nah nothing. Will wait until end of day.

Yeah I'm up for doing something cool Smiley I'll keep you guys updated.

Its nice to see this thread having activity despite absence of DEV. Keep it up guys!  Smiley
Isn't it too early to consider despair? Seems like the dev didn't post too often in September anyway, though this absence of posts is the longest.

Yeah I hope I was wrong. But despite of that, the community keeps on growing and are collaborating for the good of the project. Goodluck to us. Smiley
currypto

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 02:15:09 PM

How? It splits inputs.

You have to actually specify how much you want to stake.

There is an option...I think it is reservebalance, that reserves a portion of your balance to stake.

bumbacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:40:02 PM

Wow that is great news!

Do you know how exactly works PoS? I was reading that staking has difficulity that depends on summary wallet balance (more balance - lower dif),  but how it guess the task? Using CPU?  But XLR and WYV wallets currently consume 0% and they are at staking too. Only CROC wallet consumes CPU at my server

When I was looking at PoS code it seems to be nearly random. I think it is myth that "more balance = lower difficulty". What actually happens is there is a probability of a block to be a stake block. You can stake multiple times (lets say, 1000 CROC, staked 10 times = 10,000 CROC staked) to find staked blocks faster. Or you can stake the whole 10,000 CROC once. The payout will be greater, but the chances of finding a stake block will be lower.

I will checkout the CPU usage issue and make it my priority number 1.

Edit: re-compiling CrocodileCash with -pg to do the profiling with gprof. I'll keep you updated.

the general rule (with this form of POS) is that your input weight increases probability (other forms do not use coin weight).
bigger input = more probability
older input = more probability

each input is hashed every second to see if it can stake. if the outcome is lower than the diff you win !!
unless it orphans Sad

the other factor is that min stake age ( 2hours ) effects overall probability because it is time that you cannot stake.

if probability holds correctly.
1 input that takes ~ 24 hours to stake, will pay 22 hours of interest (total stake time - min stake age).
split up
4 inputs will take 4*22 plus the 2hours min stake or ~90 hours, and pay 88 hours of interest

1 input time ratio for staking will then be 22/24
vs
4 inputs time ratio will be 88/90

4 inputs gives you a better probabilistic time ratio for staking. and probabilistically you will not miss out by splitting.

however with 2 hrs min stake age, the difference is not as pronounced as a 7day min stake age.
also this does not take into accountt compounding returns
also
many small stakes raises difficulty.

if you're really keen, you can adjust settings when you compile daemon
https://github.com/RangaBoom/CrocodileCash/blob/master/src/wallet.cpp#L18
unsigned int nStakeSplitAge = 1 * 24 * 60 * 60;
int64_t nStakeCombineThreshold = 1000 * COIN;

the basics is that if your input is under 1 day old it will split,
if it is over it will recombine unless it's over 1000

this is also a good way to recombine all yr piddly inputs if you want,

example - combine into single input
unsigned int nStakeSplitAge = 1 ;
int64_t nStakeCombineThreshold = 100000000 * COIN;

split into millions of teeny ones
unsigned int nStakeSplitAge = 9999 * 24 * 60 * 60;
int64_t nStakeCombineThreshold = 1 * COIN;

on another note,
glad to see croc going full steam, i dont follow threads and just randomly checked in today to see much discussions !!

i'm available for advice or help if you pm me Smiley
and will happily help with osx wallets as required.

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
Mikanoshi

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 04:13:09 PM

There is an option...I think it is reservebalance, that reserves a portion of your balance to stake.
And? It will split your balance to a bunch of small piles, so you cannot split it only 3 times Smiley
Above is explained why.

BTW I disabled staking on a node at 8:00

Coincidence? Don't think so))

currypto

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 04:29:44 PM

And? It will split your balance to a bunch of small piles, so you cannot split it only 3 times Smiley
Above is explained why.

BTW I disabled staking on a node at 8:00

Coincidence? Don't think so))

Sorry I guess that was an incomplete thought I spit out.

You can use reservebalance to stake multiple "piles", rather than one giant pile. From what I learned, you can even space them out so they stake a certain period of time apart, meaning a constant flow of staking...!

The CPU usage still seems really high for staking. I've recompiled my CrocodileCashd with -pg but gprof is not working properly with it.

Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:17:52 PM

Regarding the staking for PoS, you have your own weight for each input and then you have total network weight (The total networks inputs weight) it constantly changes every time a user stakes, so in saying that the more coins a user holds compared to the total available coins means they will stake more frequently granted that the inputs don't split to small amount, obviously the more coins per input = the more chance of staking your coins against the network weight.
startsts

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:44:49 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2017, 09:35:08 AM by startsts

@bumbacoin Thanks for these knowledges   Wink  

I joined all inputs by sending all wallet balance to its own address, now I have only ~20 records at "listunspent" command,   but it still consuming a lot of CPU (no difference)   Huh

Mikanoshi

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 04:22:05 PM

After disabling staking CPU went from 9% to 6%. RAM is still all over the place though.

Code:
daemon=1
listen=1
server=1
staking=0
txindex=1
shrinkdebuglog=1
maxconnections=30
dbcache=10

currypto

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 06:05:04 PM

After disabling staking CPU went from 9% to 6%. RAM is still all over the place though.

Code:
daemon=1
listen=1
server=1
staking=0
txindex=1
shrinkdebuglog=1
maxconnections=30
dbcache=10

I'm working on it..."callgrind" information is not easy to parse through when you are not familiar Smiley

AFAIK everything looks pretty fine / nothing out of the ordinary.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: