Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:13:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: |ANN| CrocodileCash | PoW/DPOS/PoS Hybrid | Snap Them Up Fast | Android Wallet |  (Read 61406 times)
KuriousCate24

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

I'm Not Pretty Enough !!!

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:40:16 PM

damn, i just got here after a month and see that there are no new news anymore?

crocodile is dying? wtf...

good try  Grin Grin Grin  actually CROC price grows

good try? wtf... just take a look on the dates of posts. there is no development ongoing.

Why it needs development? All works normally here
would you be unhappy if there is a developer and let you know the advantages if developed?

So once development is over and devs have a great product you want it to be developed more and more until it has been coded into the ground ? Is that your definition of an altcoin ? If so then wow... you're either in the wrong game or are reading into crypto wrong Roll Eyes

Flowers Are Like Humans...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BarTab

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:06:08 PM

good try? wtf... just take a look on the dates of posts. there is no development ongoing.

would you be unhappy if there is a developer and let you know the advantages if developed?

So once development is over and devs have a great product you want it to be developed more and more until it has been coded into the ground ? Is that your definition of an altcoin ? If so then wow... you're either in the wrong game or are reading into crypto wrong Roll Eyes

Litecoin did nothing for many years, from a initial high all the way down to the bottom, then people realised it was a good buy just because it was quicker than bitcoin, then the community made it what it is today.
MilkandPie4U

Activity: 173
Merit: 151

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 10:58:01 PM

I cant get a wallet to sycn, with a fresh installs both on both Win and Unix machines

I have nodes that will connect, only to disconnect never starting to download the chain.

I am sourcing the wallets from git - RangaBoom/CrocodileCash

I am using nodes from Cryptohub with addnode in the conf, & have the port open in the firewall (i have ck with open ports)

Has anyone recently tried making the wallet with success?

Thank you for any advice in advance,

SixFigures

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:07:46 PM

Litecoin did nothing for many years, from a initial high all the way down to the bottom, then people realised it was a good buy just because it was quicker than bitcoin, then the community made it what it is today.

But that's the case for many coins and the best example is DOGEcoin. It shows how important the community factor is in cryptocurrency.

MilkandPie4U

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 01:33:34 AM

I cant get a wallet to sycn, with a fresh installs both on both Win and Unix machines

I have nodes that will connect, only to disconnect never starting to download the chain.

I am sourcing the wallets from git - RangaBoom/CrocodileCash

I am using nodes from Cryptohub with addnode in the conf, & have the port open in the firewall (i have ck with open ports)

Has anyone recently tried making the wallet with success?

Thank you for any advice in advance,

I left for a few hours with the wallets open,  now it's sycn'

sunrise.now

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:07:01 AM

I think that ASIC is not a problem. Actually the more SHA,  the cheaper ASIC mining will become in the long run, meaning everyone can participate eventually.
SushiNoTomato

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:07:48 PM

I think that ASIC is not a problem. Actually the more SHA,  the cheaper ASIC mining will become in the long run, meaning everyone can participate eventually.

So the more oldschool power hungry ASIC machinery there is the more cheaper it will become to run  Huh Cheesy But yes the more SHA-256 ASIC's on CROC the better !
Jepli

Activity: 315
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:45:39 PM

This project is steadily getting a good number of followers and that is good! Is CROC already listed on exchanges? I can't seem to find info about it in the OP?

Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:46:16 PM

This project is steadily getting a good number of followers and that is good! Is CROC already listed on exchanges? I can't seem to find info about it in the OP?

It's there you just gotta look harder Grin

https://cryptohub.online/market/CROC
https://yobit.net/en/trade/CROC/BTC
Mr. Boat

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:24:51 AM

Such a fast coin with transactions, a very useful coin for small time payments.
MadMac

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:03:25 AM

Nice move up. what happened?
heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:20:24 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2018, 02:39:53 AM by heratys111

Hey folks,

I'm posting this in both Gizzard's original thread and the community-run one.

I'm still looking to (help) refine and improve this chain (or a future one for CROC).  I've been caught up lately in getting my crap together for a late-filing to pay tribute to the Empire and to one of its client-states.

I've also been procrastinating partly because I discovered Jeff Duntemann's _Assembly Language Step By Step: Programming with Linux_ (https://www.amazon.com/Assembly-Language-Step-Step-Programming/dp/0470497025/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529467126&sr=8-1&keywords=jeff+duntemann ).  Ultimately C++/C/C# and all other programming languages (Python, Java, TLA+, Ruby, Pascal, etc) beside machine-code are translated at a low-level into object-code and I've been delving into this [compilers/development-environments usually have an option to output the related object-code].   One of the main themes of that book is figuring out HOW things work.

There are a few features from some wallets that I want to figure out and potentially incorporate into CROC (to add useful features, and make the wallet less generic/old-school or better aesthetically) but the main overall desideratum remains to slim the block-size and memory (RAM) usage  (one thing I encountered, for example, is coins such as XMR use a more dynamic block-size based on a weighted-average of recent blocks).

There are a few things I want to experiment with (and methodically improve relevant skill-sets) including the following: I encountered where in the codebase (for some coins) nodes can be hard-wired into the code (e.g. src/chainparamsseeds.h) and I sort of want to get more hardcore into Cmakefiles and Makefiles generally.  I also want to experiment with some networking material I've encountered (a lot of which is very relevant or useful). I'd like to be able to compile Linux and the useful Windows variants (7 through 10) and eventually Mac, Android, Iphone (Swift) and RaspberryPi (and similar [Arduino]).  The QT API (the GUI interface for most coins) and some of the database APIs/interfaces with C-code are areas I want to figure out and test/experiment with; also gaining some facility with running the test-suites and some other features that most coins have latently but are probably seldom used -- except by the more highly-skilled/experienced teams.

I also picked up a few more exhaustive classics on C++/C (Bjarne Stroustrup, Kernighan and Richie, Stephen Prata) -- the latter two books have a LOT of practice material, whereas the creator of C++'s book (Stroustrup) is more interpretive and encourages creative work through a sort of guideline approach.

Anyway, for now CROC is de facto like  a staking DOGE with an arguably "goldilocks" rate of inflation.  On the inflation point, I've reconsidered the last post I made about possibly revisiting a DPOS-phase again; instead, I think it would be smarter to insure the inflation keeps its steady pace (sort of like how BTC, for instance, never had any big insta-mine and those coins are largely obtained through open, unhampered markets).

I do work long hours and am pretty bookish (have wide interests... [economics, philosophy, various languages, history are all on the back-burner at the moment] ... I was watching some PBS show on the First World War in the background while composing the bulk of this post, for instance) so please don't expect this to all unfold tomorrow -- but I did want to drop a note and poke people to indicate that this stocky critter [CROC] is still alive and will see later versions.

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
MilkandPie4U

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 11:14:24 PM

Hey folks,

I'm posting this in both Gizzard's original thread and the community-run one.

I'm still looking to (help) refine and improve this chain (or a future one for CROC).  I've been caught up lately in getting my crap together for a late-filing to pay tribute to the Empire and to one of its client-states.

I've also been procrastinating partly because I discovered Jeff Duntemann's _Assembly Language Step By Step: Programming with Linux_ (https://www.amazon.com/Assembly-Language-Step-Step-Programming/dp/0470497025/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529467126&sr=8-1&keywords=jeff+duntemann ).  Ultimately C++/C/C# and all other programming languages (Python, Java, TLA+, Ruby, Pascal, etc) beside machine-code are translated at a low-level into object-code and I'm been delving into this [compilers/development-environments usually have an option to output the related object-code].   One of the main themes of that book is figuring out HOW things work.

There are a few features from some wallets that I want to figure out and potentially incorporate into CROC (to add useful features, and make the wallet less generic/old-school or better aesthetically) but the main overall desideratum remains to slim the block-size and memory (RAM) usage  (one thing I encountered, for example, is coins such as XMR use a more dynamic block-size based on a weighted-average of recent blocks).

There are a few things I want to experiment with (and methodically improve relevant skill-sets) including the following: I encountered where in the codebase (for some coins) nodes can be hard-wired into the code (e.g. src/chainparamsseeds.h) and I sort of want to get more hardcore into Cmakefiles and Makefiles generally.  I also want to experiment with some networking material I've encountered (a lot of which is very relevant or useful). I'd like to be able to compile Linux and the useful Windows variants (7 through 10) and eventually Mac, Android, Iphone (Swift) and RaspberryPi (and similar [Arduino]).  The QT API (the GUI interface for most coins) and some of the database APIs/interfaces with C-code are areas I want to figure out and test/experiment with; also gaining some facility with running the test-suites and some other features that most coins have latently but are probably seldom used -- except by the more highly-skilled/experienced teams.

I also picked up a few more exhaustive classics on C++/C (Bjarne Stroustrup, Kernighan and Richie, Stephen Prata) -- the latter two books have a LOT of practice material, whereas the creator of C++'s book (Stroustrup) is more interpretive and encourages creative work through a sort of guideline approach.

Anyway, for now CROC is de facto like  a staking DOGE with an arguably "goldilocks" rate of inflation.  On the inflation point, I've reconsidered the last post I made about possibly revisiting a DPOS-phase again; instead, I think it would be smarter to insure the inflation keeps its steady pace (sort of like how BTC, for instance, never had any big insta-mine and those coins are largely obtained through open, unhampered markets).

I do work long hours and am pretty bookish (have wide interests... [economics, philosophy, various languages, history are all on the back-burner at the moment] ... I was watching some PBS show on the First World War in the background while composing the bulk of this post, for instance) so please don't expect this to all unfold tomorrow -- but I did want to drop a note and poke people to indicate that this stocky critter [CROC] is still alive and will see later versions.

PLEASE no forks needed here..  

I am happy with what we currently have with CROC  & it works for me and alot of other peeps.

Sorry folks don't expect to run this peer/nova coin clone on an ARM processor with no resources, or on a free tiny AWS node.

These clones are resources hungry, especially with the aggressive block gen time CROC has.

BTW, when is the last time you where able to have Yobit apply any update to a coin listed on the exchange?

MilkandPie4U

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 11:29:23 PM

Hello.
I support this plan and hope  it ought be smash! Seamless activity, thoughtful vision!

Glad to see you agree, no forks needed here..

gghh111111

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:50:04 AM

I have a small bag of crocs on cryptohub. Should i keep it staking on there?
heratys111

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:35:01 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2018, 02:48:24 AM by heratys111

I have a small bag of crocs on cryptohub. Should i keep it staking on there?

It's up to you... I'd assert that it's better to download or build your own node and help to decentralize/distribute this network however.  As an added bonus, the 20% fee that you're currently paying to Cryptohub for pooled-staking-services will remain in your wallet (in my view this benefits all CROC-holders -- even, ultimately, startsts/Cryptohub-Support) ^_^ .

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
heratys111

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:38:45 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2018, 04:51:12 AM by heratys111

PLEASE no forks needed here..  

I am happy with what we currently have with CROC  & it works for me and alot of other peeps.

Sorry folks don't expect to run this peer/nova coin clone on an ARM processor with no resources, or on a free tiny AWS node.

These clones are resources hungry, especially with the aggressive block gen time CROC has.

BTW, when is the last time you where able to have Yobit apply any update to a coin listed on the exchange?

Hello.
I support this plan and hope  it ought be smash! Seamless activity, thoughtful vision!

Interesting, that would seem to be a 50-50 split on a voice-vote.  I suppose it's best to figure out how Bitcoin-Cash forked from BTC, Monero-classic from Monero, Wisp plans to from Spectrecoin, Linda-derivatives every-other-week from Linda. etc (so that coins in a separate chain can be awarded one-for-one to CROC holders).  Despite being a CROC-whale and determined holder, I have to point out that the chain is heavy (arguably, more memory-intensive than necessary) and the wallet is generic and minimal.  I still want to work on and help improve things; so think this might be a better course: leaving CROC alone and working on a side-chain (a "baby-CROC" that is intended to see future development) that will be awarded one-for-one.

@MilkandPie4U Yeah... never tried to have Yobit update a chain and keep trading available (they don't exactly have the best reputation).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcerzD2XqWM

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
giselly

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:00:23 AM

Hi, what is the discord of this coin?
heratys111

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:55:06 PM

Hi, what is the discord of this coin?

I don't think there was ever a CROC Discord set up -- the closest approximation to it at the moment might be the chatbox at Cryptohub (however that's obviously not specifically focused on CROC).

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Mr. Boat

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:53:39 PM

The RAM usage on this coin makes it problematic on certain systems/servers, blocks fly in very quickly so would assume why.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: