Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:10:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 616 »
  Print  
Author Topic: UTRUST  (Read 313904 times)
ankit10

Activity: 952
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:43:50 PM

whether singnature already can be removed ....
please inform me
Yes , you can remove your signature now.
Iruwen

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

CMC Community

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 12:50:48 PM

I would like to know how are the situation of those who bought in the pre-sale in August and still did not exist rules on KYC, I have driver's license, identity and proof of residence but I dont have a passport, and in my country it can take a few weeks or months, especially at the end of the year when the public service goes on vacation, not to mention all the bureaucracy, I would like to get my coins and I dont want a refund.

According to their Telegram, people who have been in the presale are eventually eligible for a refund on an individual basis with no guarantees. Since they changed the sale conditions after the sale, this shouldn't be an issue though, just contact their "legal department", iirc the address is legal at utrust dot io.

I understand their replies may sound a bit rough on Telegram, people are quite aggressive there. While I see some red flags on this project, I guess they might really just have been a bit naive when they started it and somehow didn't do sufficient background checks on Marc Philipp Brühwiler.

So I've gone through the KYC process now. Its's probably most convenient to install their IDnow app. Waiting time was ~20 minutes as announced, with one other person in the queue before me (the app shows this info, I have no idea how they are supposed to process several hundred cases per day at that speed, but okay). Whole process took about 15 minutes. Greeting was in English, but since I knew they're a German company and I heard the guy doing it was from Switzerland, I continued in German. Had to show the front and back of my ID, still not convinced this is completely legal as he took photographs of it and you have to show the original document. He also takes a photo of you and you have to provide the proof of residency, so have that ready as well! Not only the ID (or passport)! It was sufficient to point the camera to the bill I had on my PC though, didn't have to print it. He then did some stuff while I was waiting and that's it, you'll be redirected to the UTRUST site which says final processing will take about two days and you'll receive a mail when it's finished.

/e: I read their privacy statement and they don't use the identity data for anything else besides the actual KYC. Since German and Swiss law is pretty strict and the penalties can be drastic, I believe that.
pluMmet

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:03:21 PM

In the future of the payment online will probably be something very facilitate everything, especially for people who have a flurry in work and do not have time to make a payment, with a online then will facilitate them, because with a online they can pay where and when it was what just stayed using their smartphone has been can make a payment like paying tax returns etc.
leonard852

Activity: 372

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:11:30 PM

The market ETH/BTC is going up like hell since ICO ends and we are sitting here and wait for the Token payout

i think some investor will dump when receive their  tokens.  SOMA project already announce who hold tokens will receive airdrop tokens . i think utrust should learn this creative action.
tranle789

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:59:40 PM

I read the information on the telegram, then Utrust will probably be listed in Kucoin and this will be great for investors because this is a new exchange and has attracted a huge community. I like this idea of the project and will buy Utrust when listed on major exchanges
ansi

Activity: 882
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:49:07 PM

What is their support telegram group guys, i used to have it, but last couple of days, can't find it ? did they BAN me or something or they just take that group down ?

I didn't say anything that is FUD or anything like that, if they banned me like that, i'll have to contact their legal department to have a Re-Fund for my investment, that's better i guess that all this headache of KYC.
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:46:41 PM

The market ETH/BTC is going up like hell since ICO ends and we are sitting here and wait for the Token payout

i think some investor will dump when receive their  tokens.  SOMA project already announce who hold tokens will receive airdrop tokens . i think utrust should learn this creative action.

And now it's all going down, you never know. Dumps are inevitable, but soma solution is quite nice, UTrust should follow. You can't make all investors hold their tokens, but the ones that do could be rewarded in some way.

bandar

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 08:31:49 PM

Remember they will have it all...
- your signature (on the form)
- a copy of your id (full picture, no way to put a date and purpose on the copy so it cannot be used by anyone else)
- your address information
In my country that's sufficient to open a bank account, to get a credit card, to order a mobile phone, to get supplements from the government, etc.
And what do we have? Is there anything like 'know your supplier'? Do we have any prove they are real and reliable? Do we have any government or authority we can go to to claim any damage caused by Utrust?

Is there anyone who already provided all these things to Utrust? I would suggest we all refuse... just see what they will do then... Would they really keep the money and the tokens if we refuse?

Shocked Wait... what?  I'm not giving my autograph, passport and address to something shady as an ico.  I was in the pre-ico.  Please inform me on what to do to get my eth back.  I'm out. Angry
fraidycat19

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:48:35 PM

I did not know of any KYC when i bought my tokens. I want a refund. No way i will put out all my personal data for this shady ICO. One thing is to risk money another is to risk your personal informations.
bandar

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 09:01:55 PM

I sent them an email.  If they decline my request, I will do anything to get together with other people (and there will be a lot) in order to sort this out collectively, even if it involves legal actions.

Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:06:26 PM

Remember they will have it all...
- your signature (on the form)
- a copy of your id (full picture, no way to put a date and purpose on the copy so it cannot be used by anyone else)
- your address information
In my country that's sufficient to open a bank account, to get a credit card, to order a mobile phone, to get supplements from the government, etc.
And what do we have? Is there anything like 'know your supplier'? Do we have any prove they are real and reliable? Do we have any government or authority we can go to to claim any damage caused by Utrust?

Is there anyone who already provided all these things to Utrust? I would suggest we all refuse... just see what they will do then... Would they really keep the money and the tokens if we refuse?

Shocked Wait... what?  I'm not giving my autograph, passport and address to something shady as an ico.  I was in the pre-ico.  Please inform me on what to do to get my eth back.  I'm out. Angry

If you bought in presale you could be eligible for a refund, that's what they said in telegram channel. You need to contact their legal department, email address should be somewhere on their site or you ask in telegram.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
oturanbilboa

Activity: 454
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 09:14:41 PM

When will they start to get listed in exchanges? I heard a lot of delays happened in ICO stage, is it still unclear when to launch in Hitbtc?

luksbit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:29:10 PM

I did not know of any KYC when i bought my tokens. I want a refund. No way i will put out all my personal data for this shady ICO. One thing is to risk money another is to risk your personal informations.

Was the personal data requested after ICO? or in the whitepaper has something related to personal data information "KYC"?
cwestmac

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:57:41 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2017, 10:16:18 PM by cwestmac

I sent them an email.  If they decline my request, I will do anything to get together with other people (and there will be a lot) in order to sort this out collectively, even if it involves legal actions.

Ignore this.  See my next post.
cwestmac

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:15:52 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2017, 10:26:52 PM by cwestmac

Sorry, I scrolled up further and I see that you invested in the pre-ICO.  Are you from the US?

If you are from the US, you won't be able to get your ETH back because you broke the pre-sale terms (which state no US investors allowed; you ticked a box when opening your UTRUST account even during the pre-sale era).

If you are NOT a US investor, but you invested in the pre-sale, then I believe you should be able to get a refund of your ETH, since KYC was introduced after the pre-sale.  Just contact legal@utrust.io.  It should be no problem, however I do believe you still have to do KYC either way in order to prove that you didn't break the terms (IE to prove you aren't from the US) as tracking the source IP is not enough as you can bypass that with a VPN.  I know that may seem unfair since you invested prior to KYC, but it's important to UTRUST that they treat everyone equally and make sure everyone is following the terms  (in the case of you investing in the Pre-ICO, the terms they need to confirm is whether or not you are from the US, which can only be confirmed through KYC).  If they simply sent you a blind refund because you invested in the Pre-ICO, that could potentially be a breach in their terms because you may have been a US investor trying to scam the system with a VPN, which is quite common.  This evens the playing field and makes it fair for everyone. I am not on the team, so I cannot make the call, but I do communicate with the team daily and my understanding is a refund should be likely if those previous conditions were met (NOT a US investor, but invested during pre-sale and passed KYC proving you aren't from a restricted country and you are who you say you are).  However I would advise you to contact them ASAP.  Once UTK goes on the Exchanges, my opinion is it will be more difficult to initiate a refund.  The reason being, if UTK price drops on the exchanges, people could use that as a loophole to get a refund back.  So it would be in your best interest to contact them now.

Regarding KYC, it's a necessary evil guys.  If you care at all about UTRUST, and not just about flipping, you will understand why it is necessary.  UTRUST is on the path to becoming the most compliant Crypto company in the world.  I believe next to UTRUST, only Ambrosus has a similar level of compliance due to a strict KYC.  Crypto is a cutting-edge, ever-changing landscape; anything goes because it is so new.  Regulations could hit us at any moment, as the government learns how to best deal with Crypto.  If UTRUST wants to survive, they must follow ALL the rules and anticipate potential legal issues down the road, and prepare for that right now.

Who knows, in a few years the Crypto world may be so regulated that UTRUST and future companies that model themselves after UTRUST may be some of the only Crypto companies left standing.  Then you'll be glad you spared a few minutes to do KYC, and possibly some money if you needed to renew your passport.  

If you invested during the ICO (not the pre-ICO) and are complaining about KYC, I don't have any sympathy because you didn't read the terms.

Many folks have successfully completed the KYC.  It really is a painless process if you come prepared with your passport, and a bank/credit card statement (or phone bill, etc.), a webcam or your mobile phone with the IDNow software loaded on it.  It only takes a few minutes.  The company that is performing the KYC is a FINMA-compliant company.  Do you honestly think they are going to sell or give out your data?  They are audited on a regular basis to ensure this does not happen.  Additionally, they are REQUIRED to securely erase all KYC data after a predetermined period of time (I believe 90 days, but I am only going by memory here).
bandar

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 10:50:06 PM

Sorry, I scrolled up further and I see that you invested in the pre-ICO.  Are you from the US?

If you are from the US, you won't be able to get your ETH back because you broke the pre-sale terms (which state no US investors allowed; you ticked a box when opening your UTRUST account even during the pre-sale era).

If you are NOT a US investor, but you invested in the pre-sale, then I believe you should be able to get a refund of your ETH, since KYC was introduced after the pre-sale.  Just contact legal@utrust.io.  It should be no problem, however I do believe you still have to do KYC either way in order to prove that you didn't break the terms (IE to prove you aren't from the US) as tracking the source IP is not enough as you can bypass that with a VPN.  I know that may seem unfair since you invested prior to KYC, but it's important to UTRUST that they treat everyone equally and make sure everyone is following the terms  (in the case of you investing in the Pre-ICO, the terms they need to confirm is whether or not you are from the US, which can only be confirmed through KYC).  If they simply sent you a blind refund because you invested in the Pre-ICO, that could potentially be a breach in their terms because you may have been a US investor trying to scam the system with a VPN, which is quite common.  This evens the playing field and makes it fair for everyone. I am not on the team, so I cannot make the call, but I do communicate with the team daily and my understanding is a refund should be likely if those previous conditions were met (NOT a US investor, but invested during pre-sale and passed KYC proving you aren't from a restricted country and you are who you say you are).  However I would advise you to contact them ASAP.  Once UTK goes on the Exchanges, my opinion is it will be more difficult to initiate a refund.  The reason being, if UTK price drops on the exchanges, people could use that as a loophole to get a refund back.  So it would be in your best interest to contact them now.

Regarding KYC, it's a necessary evil guys.  If you care at all about UTRUST, and not just about flipping, you will understand why it is necessary.  UTRUST is on the path to becoming the most compliant Crypto company in the world.  I believe next to UTRUST, only Ambrosus has a similar level of compliance due to a strict KYC.  Crypto is a cutting-edge, ever-changing landscape; anything goes because it is so new.  Regulations could hit us at any moment, as the government learns how to best deal with Crypto.  If UTRUST wants to survive, they must follow ALL the rules and anticipate potential legal issues down the road, and prepare for that right now.

Who knows, in a few years the Crypto world may be so regulated that UTRUST and future companies that model themselves after UTRUST may be some of the only Crypto companies left standing.  Then you'll be glad you spared a few minutes to do KYC, and possibly some money if you needed to renew your passport.  

If you invested during the ICO (not the pre-ICO) and are complaining about KYC, I don't have any sympathy because you didn't read the terms.

Many folks have successfully completed the KYC.  It really is a painless process if you come prepared with your passport, and a bank/credit card statement (or phone bill, etc.), a webcam or your mobile phone with the IDNow software loaded on it.  It only takes a few minutes.  The company that is performing the KYC is a FINMA-compliant company.  Do you honestly think they are going to sell or give out your data?  They are audited on a regular basis to ensure this does not happen.  Additionally, they are REQUIRED to securely erase all KYC data after a predetermined period of time (I believe 90 days, but I am only going by memory here).

Look, I don't have a problem with UTRUST as an investment opportunity.  KYC an sich is not a problem either (heck, you need to do it at some point for BTC to fiat exchanges).  It's the combination of ID, address AND digital copy of signature that is the dealbreaker here.  They don't need our signature.  That's bollocks.  You own your ID card, you prove you reside at your place with a utility bill.  Spreading our signature is NOT necessary for a KYC process.  They would save a LOT of trust (pun intended) if they let go of that criterium.  You don't have to be a complete paranoide cryptogeek to understand that the combination of an address, ID & signature is a major problem in a (crypto)world that is known for viscious scamming, thievery, hacking and financial fraude.  Please report this back to your friends at Utrust and make them loosen up on the signature requirement.  it will save them and their legal department a lot of time (and money).
wdtd

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:52:44 AM

UTRUST a awesome project. team is working hard now. they will be listed on an exchange soon. then UTRUST token holders will go to the moon. big news is coming soon.congratulations UTRUST team.
topswattashawn

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:10:33 AM

@topswattashawn:
I left the Telegram channel several weeks ago after asking questions which were intentionally avoided leaving me unsatisfied. Although team members do reply there, these are in no way official statements to be relied upon as you can see in my previous posts. Besides, finding useful posts in this thread took too much of my time already.

Since the end of the ICO no newsletter has been dispatched and I had to crawl their different social media accounts to gather different bits of information on updates, just to find mostly generic posts advertising some videos from past months and this forum. In the end I found the Twitter post, shared it here and did some basic math.

Good to know they are making progress. Clearly the token release delay goes beyond the time frame announced in the whitepaper, contrary to the message you quoted. Why not send a newsletter as promised or announce it on the main social media platforms? Not long ago we received emails almost daily telling us about the ICO progress. This is what leaves a bad impression on me.

On the positive side, I'm glad to see that the spam has stopped and a normal discussion is possible here.

Quite happy too. There is just too much vitriol.

On another note, I do agree with you that their updates have been much less frequent. As such, I posted in their channel today and advised Rob that they should probably issue an email update to their investors, despite info availability in other channels and media, as their user base is getting restless on numerous forums. He said that that was actually in the works. It is yet to be seen, but at least they have reasonable people there.

As an onlooker, the lack of communication is doubtlessly worrisome. As an investor, I would be diligent in seeking out useful information and be patient as well.
topswattashawn

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:18:20 AM

If you are NOT a US investor, but you invested in the pre-sale, then I believe you should be able to get a refund of your ETH, since KYC was introduced after the pre-sale.  Just contact legal@utrust.io.  It should be no problem, however I do believe you still have to do KYC either way in order to prove that you didn't break the terms (IE to prove you aren't from the US) as tracking the source IP is not enough as you can bypass that with a VPN.  I know that may seem unfair since you invested prior to KYC, but it's important to UTRUST that they treat everyone equally and make sure everyone is following the terms  (in the case of you investing in the Pre-ICO, the terms they need to confirm is whether or not you are from the US, which can only be confirmed through KYC).  If they simply sent you a blind refund because you invested in the Pre-ICO, that could potentially be a breach in their terms because you may have been a US investor trying to scam the system with a VPN, which is quite common.  This evens the playing field and makes it fair for everyone. I am not on the team, so I cannot make the call, but I do communicate with the team daily and my understanding is a refund should be likely if those previous conditions were met (NOT a US investor, but invested during pre-sale and passed KYC proving you aren't from a restricted country and you are who you say you are).  However I would advise you to contact them ASAP.  Once UTK goes on the Exchanges, my opinion is it will be more difficult to initiate a refund.  The reason being, if UTK price drops on the exchanges, people could use that as a loophole to get a refund back.  So it would be in your best interest to contact them now.

Wow. There is another intelligent person in here. Proud to read your response. Well said.
Lexs163

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:37:08 AM

UTRUST a awesome project. team is working hard now. they will be listed on an exchange soon. then UTRUST token holders will go to the moon. big news is coming soon.congratulations UTRUST team.

the stock exchanges are added, the tables are still empty, there are 10 bounty managers, and there were no counts
Pages: « 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 616 »
  Print  

Jump to: