Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:03:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Are You Tracking Your Crypto Investments?  (Read 2649 times)
Dudeperfect (OP)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 04:18:35 PM

Hi, I recently started to invest some amount in altcoins along with my existing Bitcoin investments and the very first thing I realised that tracking the multiple investments was the problem as I rarely buy more than one alt-coin from the single exchange.

I recently came across this portfolio management site and I am impressed with it. How many of you are already using Cryptocompare for tracking your investment portfolio?

They have some additional interesting features like (maintaining sales, risk analysis, advanced chart, accounting etc) and they are going to turn it into paid subscriptions in the coming period.

I am mainly looking to track my long term cold storage investments so I don't think I would need those features as of now or at least in next 2-3 years.

Do you know any better alternative? Please let me know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:26:12 PM

An android app called Blockfolio. Is perfect

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
metalbean

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:52:25 PM

Blockfolio is good, but lacks some price pairs, also if they have iOS widgets that be awesome!
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:57:03 PM

For me I do it using a spreadsheet in google spreadsheets.

I just put down the info I need to know for future reference.

USD amount bought, price bought in, how many, date, what exchange fee was to buy in, transfer fee to transfer out to my wallets.

Ican access my googlespreadsheet whenever I want from my phone if I need to and I like to later update it with other calculations when I am on my PC. Ihave other spreadsheets tied in to it for more advanced calculations and figuring out future prices in a week/2 weeks/3 weeks etc(based on news, development and other stuff).

I am right most of the time Smiley
Dudeperfect (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 06:34:00 PM

Blockfolio is good, but lacks some price pairs, also if they have iOS widgets that be awesome!

Yes, I also have Blockfolio on my phone but when it comes to the user experience (UX/UI) I found it little boring.

There is no official app of Cryptocompare but I found that mobile version of their site is not much weird to use.

For me I do it using a spreadsheet in google spreadsheets.

I just put down the info I need to know for future reference.

USD amount bought, price bought in, how many, date, what exchange fee was to buy in, transfer fee to transfer out to my wallets.

Ican access my googlespreadsheet whenever I want from my phone if I need to and I like to later update it with other calculations when I am on my PC. Ihave other spreadsheets tied in to it for more advanced calculations and figuring out future prices in a week/2 weeks/3 weeks etc(based on news, development and other stuff).

I am right most of the time Smiley

That's really a clever idea but today on this world lazy day, I confess that I am lazy to do that thing. Would you like to share a demo with 'copy this spreadsheet' link? I am sure it would help everyone on this board.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:39:21 PM

I've been using blockfolio and it's pretty good. the main disadvantage of blockfolio is that portfolio can be viewed only on mobile phones. i think i'll start using (altpocket.io), looks good.
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:41:34 PM

Hi, I recently started to invest some amount in altcoins along with my existing Bitcoin investments and the very first thing I realised that tracking the multiple investments was the problem as I rarely buy more than one alt-coin from the single exchange.

I recently came across this portfolio management site and I am impressed with it. How many of you are already using Cryptocompare for tracking your investment portfolio?

They have some additional interesting features like (maintaining sales, risk analysis, advanced chart, accounting etc) and they are going to turn it into paid subscriptions in the coming period.

I am mainly looking to track my long term cold storage investments so I don't think I would need those features as of now or at least in next 2-3 years.

Given that I only have a few coins at the moment, it is quite easy to track them.

However, if I buy more going forward then I will consider using a service to track them more easily.
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:15:29 AM

Well it is easy to track your trading. Simply download the application tabtrader in your android or iphone phone. And you can track your trading everywhere you can track it for example from bittrex, poloniex and other cryptocurrency exchangers. Well I think downloading tabtrader could make a trader's life the easiest. Try to do it that is thr alternative that I can see.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:33:59 AM

I just wish there was somewhere simple to upload your public key or your address and from there it would convert everything to usd. Does such a thing exist? Is blockfolio the closest thing?
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:29:44 AM

Android App Blockfoilo And Crypto tracker :-)
Blockfolio too,you can list any alts you have and it's easy to use. Plus you can access it anytime the price were updated also with detailed information about coins.  It's also available in app store for apple users.
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:34:48 AM

in my pc i am using google spreadsheet to track my all of my crypto currency with date i bought , price and their current price now. A little bit hassle because its manually input but its okay. In my android phone i am google app called blockfolio and so far its good  for tracking my crypto.

chixka000

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:36:44 AM

I havent track any amount lol not even a single penny. Usually i am emptying my wallet and when i invest my money back to btc i just make sure to have a profit then empty my wallet again.  In terms of holding i have a separate wallet for that and all of that amount are from a small time earnings
Dudeperfect (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 03:42:21 AM

I just wish there was somewhere simple to upload your public key or your address and from there it would convert everything to usd. Does such a thing exist? Is blockfolio the closest thing?

We can do that with some websites/apps or even use public block explorer for that particular coin but in that case, we can't enter the purchase price so it makes difficult to track actual profit or loss in that way.

I am happy with the overall user experience of Cryptocompare but I thought to take the opinion of the community to know if there is any better option.

Google Spreadsheet is one of a good idea to do it yourself thing to track investments.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:49:48 AM

Blockfolio too,you can list any alts you have and it's easy to use. Plus you can access it anytime the price were updated also with detailed information about coins.  It's also available in app store for apple users.

I can vouch for Blockfolio. Also look at TabTrader, its api access to all your favorite exchanges gives you a more real time account of your worth, although you cannot manually add holding to Tabtrader. They must actually be on your account, at an exchange.

Blockfolio is the opposite. You add holdings manually, but have to make manual adjustments to your holdings when they change. A plus with blockfolio is that new coins appear almost instantly, the devs stay right on top of the markets it seems. TabTrader may add a coin as soon as its on an exchange, but you cant trade them sometimes (Eth tokens are sooo bad for this).
Dudeperfect (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 08:33:54 AM

I can vouch for Blockfolio. Also look at TabTrader, its api access to all your favorite exchanges gives you a more real time account of your worth, although you cannot manually add holding to Tabtrader. They must actually be on your account, at an exchange.

Blockfolio is the opposite. You add holdings manually, but have to make manual adjustments to your holdings when they change. A plus with blockfolio is that new coins appear almost instantly, the devs stay right on top of the markets it seems. TabTrader may add a coin as soon as its on an exchange, but you cant trade them sometimes (Eth tokens are sooo bad for this).

Since I hold my most of the investments in cold storage, I am not sure if TabTrader is useful in my case or not. I usually buy altcoins from some exchange and transfer it to my offline wallet so am I supposed to connect my exchange account with TabTrader (little scary) or can I just put my public wallet address and acquisition cost?
Eric Cartman

Activity: 741

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:35:57 AM

For me is simple:

Put everything in Bitcoin.
Always check the price of Bitcoin.

Too easy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
NicolasOpus

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 03:26:56 PM

We recently launched ∆ Delta which I think is perfect for your purposes.  Cool

Here's the link to our iOS App Store listing: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-store/id1288676542?mt=8
Here's the link to our Android Google Play Store listing: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.getdelta.android

You can also read much more about Delta via https://medium.com/getdelta
skba

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:35:12 PM

For Tracking my Crypto Investments I use Blockfolio and tracker android apps.Both are good.Also I use https://www.cryptocompare.com/ website sometimes.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:47:26 PM

I've been using the free version of https://cointracking.info/

Very powerful and looks to be well supported, but pricy subscriptions. Curious as to how the free version compares with other free tools, if anyone has used it and can give pros/cons on it versus other options.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
bitcoinvamp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:52:48 PM

I have not invested in any cryptocurrency but i am thinking of investing and I know keeping track of every crypto investments is hard but you could use blockfolio . Its easy to operate. I recently checked blockfolio and its good for the crypto.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: