Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:56:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Satoshi Emails  (Read 38024 times)
theantnest

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:08:54 AM

Ripple was a fledgeling project before Bitcoin as even the simplest of Wiki searches will show you. Read past the first sentence about the release date and look at the early development years before you jump up and down shouting the emails must be fake because of this 'fact'.

Secondly, Satoshi tapped out after starting something that changed the world. Mike has every right to share these historic conversations in my opinion.

Interesting how the only people dead against it are small blockers, because what's written in these emails again reinforces that Satoshi always intended for Bitcoin to scale by way of block size increase.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zibbo

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:47:15 AM

If these are legit, it would be a confirmation that Satoshi mined the block #5326, as block reward from that block is sent by Satoshi to Mike Hearn.

Mike: I sent you 32.51 coins, my bitcoin address is 1JuEjh9znXwqsy5RrnKqgzqY4Ldg7rnj5n

Satoshi: I sent back 32.51 and 50.00. (https://blockchain.info/address/1JuEjh9znXwqsy5RrnKqgzqY4Ldg7rnj5n)

This is interesting, because if you go back to the old ExtraNonce analysis by Sergio (https://bitslog.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/the-well-deserved-fortune-of-satoshi-nakamoto/), block #5326 fits the pattern of this early miner with a distinct ExtraNonce pattern, and would be the first (?) direct evidence, that this miner was in fact Satoshi.
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:34:34 AM

Why haven't you shared your archive?  In your original post, you very clearly gave the intention that what you received you would then share with the bitcoin community.  Why suddenly keep that to yourself?  Those who shared with you intended for those e-mails to be published.  We would love to see what you have.  If you'd like, I will gladly help you go through the e-mails line by line and analyze them to determine if they seem safe enough to share (just like I did with Mike's e-mails).

There was some content that upon further reflection was somewhat personal and could potentially be used in an attempt to DOX Satoshi. Second, I realized that people would use the emails to justify whatever roadmap position they have. It was a bad idea to attempt to construct the archive.

Satoshi is gone and not coming back. We should respect his wishes and let him go. Bitcoin moved on.

"Never say never."

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Niya

Activity: 811
Merit: 512

Enhalo Mining

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 08:41:24 AM

Why haven't you shared your archive?  In your original post, you very clearly gave the intention that what you received you would then share with the bitcoin community.  Why suddenly keep that to yourself?  Those who shared with you intended for those e-mails to be published.  We would love to see what you have.  If you'd like, I will gladly help you go through the e-mails line by line and analyze them to determine if they seem safe enough to share (just like I did with Mike's e-mails).

There was some content that upon further reflection was somewhat personal and could potentially be used in an attempt to DOX Satoshi. Second, I realized that people would use the emails to justify whatever roadmap position they have. It was a bad idea to attempt to construct the archive.

Satoshi is gone and not coming back. We should respect his wishes and let him go. Bitcoin moved on.

"Never say never."

Yes, most of us hope Satoshi will come back. But not because we need a leader, or even a dictator to say what we must do, but because he is (was?) a real genius and it's sad to not read his wise words.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 09:50:36 AM

This must be a joke:

So many questions Smiley But it's rare that I encounter truly
revolutionary ideas. The last time I was this excited about a new
monetary scheme was when I discovered Ripple. If you have any thoughts
on Ripple, I'd also love to hear them.

Ripple?

funny how mike hearn and satoshi are time travellers talking about XRP in 2009 when it wasnt even a thing until 2012

The original Ripple didn't even have XRP. That was added when I changed form a good idea to a scam.

The e-mails say nothing about XRP - only Ripple.

I should have just taken the few moments to read further rather than making this more about whether or not it was factual. I'm sorry for casting strong doubts towards you initially. My mistake.

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:08:52 AM

If these are legit, it would be a confirmation that Satoshi mined the block #5326, as block reward from that block is sent by Satoshi to Mike Hearn.

Mike: I sent you 32.51 coins, my bitcoin address is 1JuEjh9znXwqsy5RrnKqgzqY4Ldg7rnj5n

Satoshi: I sent back 32.51 and 50.00. (https://blockchain.info/address/1JuEjh9znXwqsy5RrnKqgzqY4Ldg7rnj5n)

This is interesting, because if you go back to the old ExtraNonce analysis by Sergio (https://bitslog.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/the-well-deserved-fortune-of-satoshi-nakamoto/), block #5326 fits the pattern of this early miner with a distinct ExtraNonce pattern, and would be the first (?) direct evidence, that this miner was in fact Satoshi.

Parts of these emails are indeed not legit, but what you go on to say might well be worthy of further investigation. Thank you.

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 12:01:09 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Satoshi was around right now, under a completely different name. It's what I would have done - abandoned the old pseudonym and started over with a new one and hide in plain sight.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Newmine

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:35:32 PM

Nice deflection Mike.

andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:55:15 PM

Im skeptical, but they probably are real. I wish hearn had published them prior to his exit from bitcoin and the development team as a whole.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:09:25 PM

This must be a joke:

Ripple?

funny how mike hearn and satoshi are time travellers talking about XRP in 2009 when it wasnt even a thing until 2012
Got me startled too to find "Ripple" mentioned in that first email and that was as far back as 2009, what exactly are we looking at? And now what does Ripple represent?
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 10:05:18 PM

Im skeptical, but they probably are real. I wish hearn had published them prior to his exit from bitcoin and the development team as a whole.

Whether real or not should be immaterial. You should be able to figure out what is right or wrong in Bitcoin, without needing a "messiah" figure to tell you.

They are real, though, I agree.

The GMax butthurt is irrefutable confirmation of that.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 10:07:18 PM

This must be a joke:

Ripple?

Got me startled too to find "Ripple" mentioned in that first email and that was as far back as 2009, what exactly are we looking at? And now what does Ripple represent?

ripple as a 'system' existed. Ripple as a cripplecoin came much later.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
An0nyMoose

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:55:30 PM

something doesn't add up...why share these now???  What does Mike hearn stand to gain here is this an attempt for redemption of sorts?

I also wonder if the assumption of 1 core = 1 vote is sound. If the
majority of nodes are on standard computers, it seems likely that an
attacker could use FPGA or custom ASICs

From mike hearn...to satoshi.....in 2009.... gtfo.... this smells FAKE

Look up smokestoomuch - here in the forum - he was the first to consider using GPUs to hash publicly, FPGAs, let alone asics weren't even on anyones radar - so I can't believe this is legit.

Just because you did not hear about ASICs until 2017, doesn't mean others were not aware of the potential effect they would have on Bitcoin.

This suggestion is perfectly reasonable. Do you think a random individual would attack using GPUs? I don't think so. Not even back in 2010.

Blockonomics                          ██
                         ████  ██

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄ ████  ████  ██
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ████  ████
    ▄█████▀▀         ▀▀█████▄ ██  ████
   ████▀                 ▀████   ████
  ████      ████████▄      ████ ████
 ████        ██    ██▄      ████ ██
████         ██     ██       ████
████         ██   ▄██▀       ████
████         ███████         ████
████         ██    ██▄       ████
████         ██     ██       ████
 ████        ██    ██▀      ████
  ████      ████████▀      ████
   ████▄                 ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Thatstinks

Activity: 249

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:29:41 PM

Why did Satoshi abandon his idea of built in escrow with a release for merchant use? He said it was a good idea and would be needed...then nothing?

Too hard to build in?

Also funny how he was aware of ripple... if memory serves me right the founder of that and still going was once thought to be Satoshi. For sure he had contact with him as well.

Barbarian

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:57:21 AM

Whoa.. I didn't know satoshi actually replies to emails ..
Satoshi disappeared a long time ago, but when he was active he was like a normal person he had interactions with people through emails, in fact he used to have an account in this forum an account that has long been inactive like all the accounts that belonged to the genius we know as satoshi.
Betfair

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:02:01 AM

Thank you so much for sharing this great wisdom of writings.This guys always one step ahead of world and future.Btw anyone can tell satoshi was native english speaker?
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 03:48:14 AM

It's nice to see a bit of history of how it started. They can just easily send that amount before because it has no significant value but now even one bitcoin is hard to accumulate. I hope OP will share more of the history to know more of how the genius started it all.

Anfisman

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:05:59 AM

I don't know much about Satoshi, as I know he is very mysterious person, no one knows exactly where he came from and where is he today, but no one can deny that Satoshi is the creator of the first digital currency in The world we know as bitcoin today. His discovery is so great in the world of cryptocurrency, He's like an anonymous hero who no one wants to know. I hope someday he will show himself, because there are many people who want say "thank you" to him.
Newmine

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:09:36 AM

Mike did show up in the reddit thread created by OP and vouched for the validity of them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6t2ci2/never_before_seen_mike_hearn_satoshi_nakamoto/dliizv6/
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:40:34 AM

I like how professional Satoshi always is. Never a slip up.

Campaign Manager (2018)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: