Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:11:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin the new gold  (Read 6195 times)
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:06:40 PM

Bitcoin is shown to have all the characteristics that are similar to gold, but there are some things that cause Bitcoin better than gold. I think bitcoin can be said to be a more new modern breakthrough than gold, which has some advantages over gold as a means of payment. Looks at now bitcoin shows its light to everyone, and gives great hope. Well, we can only hope bitcoin can continues to providing great benefits over times.
yes there are some similarities between bitcoin and gold. but i think bitcon is still too much different from gold. because bitcoin is a digital currency which we can use for shopping from a distance, but gold is a solid element and we cannot use it for shopping as currency, gold is only good for saving, where we can save our money more safely.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kdrama

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:10:06 PM

No it isn't we all know that bitcoin is decentralized which is not covered or handled by the government , and gold it is centralized that government can manipulate the price there are so many difference in bitcoin and gold so it can't be the new gold in the near future bitcoin can hit the biggest price.

BTcSD

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

LoveMe

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:16:11 PM

actually Bitcoin is better than gold no way to compare these assets against each other except saving money is a common factor link them together , reverse back to history of 5 years if someone choosed gold over bitcoin that will be a total shock by now   

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
teamcryptonator

Activity: 749
Merit: 503

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:33:34 PM

actually Bitcoin is better than gold no way to compare these assets against each other except saving money is a common factor link them together , reverse back to history of 5 years if someone choosed gold over bitcoin that will be a total shock by now   
Any asset have a period and an era, the era of gold is gone and new era in present is cryptocurrency.
Many people on the world's after the price of Bitcoin reached $3000/BTC have interested to it and want buy before the value of it increasing more.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:06:36 PM

Any asset have a period and an era, the era of gold is gone and new era in present is cryptocurrency.
Many people on the world's after the price of Bitcoin reached $3000/BTC have interested to it and want buy before the value of it increasing more.
yes that  is very right to say, i am also thinking that bitcoin is the currency of the new era, which gold era has gone. in past people were investing money in gold as gold was the best investment in these days. but now bitcoin people fed up with gold as gold is not giving such a good profit to us therefore now people are choosing bitcoin from they they can now earn a good amount of money.
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:23:00 PM

I've been analyzing all this happening with bitcoin and I'm coming to the following conclusion:

Before the most important asset was the gold in which everyone wanted and possessed, the governments were displacing gold with money a centralized asset which lost its value day by day.

Bitcoin is an asset that goes up in price for all the features that Satoshi thought and gave to it.

Today there are hundreds of altcoins and for sure there are some that are much better than bitcoin, and that these will be more used than bitcoin in the future, but bitcoin will be the king of all the new digital gold. People will use other altcoins as well, but the savings and investments will be in bitcoin, and this is for the simple reason that it was the first altcoin, and that people believed in it from its beginnings.

The bitcoin is here to stay and has created a revolution in the monetary system around the world. And we can be proud to be living the moment when this is happening.

Bitcoin is heading to $4,000 usd per coin and I am sure that the price of bitcoin in 3 years will be exponentially higher than is today.

In Bitcoin we trust, god bless you all

A lot of people are considering bitcoin as gold. Well, I'm one of them because as you can see bitcoin started from scratch and just look how much it grew just within a year. It's best to buy bitcoin now and hold it as long as you can. A lot of people is expecting it to grow up to 5000 dollar just until the year end. So, it's better to buy now and get rich tomorrow.
to me bitcoin is more precious than gold because the profit that we get from bitcoin is much more that the profit that we can get from Gold.

Gold is always my favorite but when I enter into the Bitcoin I am a big fan of Bitcoin. With Bitcoin, i am making enough money when compared to gold saving. Bitcoin became most valuable currency in the world and valuable than gold.
coinfast

Activity: 508
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:31:48 PM

Gold is a rare precious metal and the bitcoin is also digital rare currency since it does not suffer from inflation like as fiat money. But there are some things that cause Bitcoin better than gold. I think bitcoin can be said to be a more new modern breakthrough than gold.

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 04:37:02 PM

Bitcoin became most valuable currency in the world and valuable than gold.

Till now, that hasn't happened, but we are hopeful about the future. Aren't we? Right now, the total market cap of Bitcoin is around $70 billion, while the total money supply (M1) of the United States Dollar is around $3.5 trillion. So BTC needs to increase its value by 50x, in order to catch up with the US Dollar.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:40:33 PM

Bitcoin became most valuable currency in the world and valuable than gold.

Till now, that hasn't happened, but we are hopeful about the future. Aren't we? Right now, the total market cap of Bitcoin is around $70 billion, while the total money supply (M1) of the United States Dollar is around $3.5 trillion. So BTC needs to increase its value by 50x, in order to catch up with the US Dollar.

Actually there is something wrong with what he said. Currency and commodity is somehow combined which is not appropriate although bitcoin is somewhere in the middle of that. (in my opinion)
I know it is made to be a currency but now it is like a commodity for most of the users. Just investing not using. Letting it rot and hold until the certain price that they want then withdraw. They do that with gold not with currency.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 04:55:48 PM

Well, is just that your thread has been posted for a while because currently the market value of Bitcoin has surpass your projection of $4000 and move to $4,245.18 which is far higher one ounce of gold. This is to say that bitcoin is not just a new gold but higher than gold in my opinion at the moment.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:05:12 PM

I've been analyzing all this happening with bitcoin and I'm coming to the following conclusion:

Before the most important asset was the gold in which everyone wanted and possessed, the governments were displacing gold with money a centralized asset which lost its value day by day.
You misunderstand about it, Gold doesn't lost its value over time but fiat currency (money) do, losing its value due to inflation.
Simply because gold has really usability, for jewelry or electricity but not for fiat currency which only used as medium of exchange.

Today there are hundreds of altcoins and for sure there are some that are much better than bitcoin, and that these will be more used than bitcoin in the future, but bitcoin will be the king of all the new digital gold. People will use other altcoins as well, but the savings and investments will be in bitcoin, and this is for the simple reason that it was the first altcoin, and that people believed in it from its beginnings.

Yes, hundreds of altcoins and some coins really has high value but none of those coins will be used more than people using bitcoin in daily transactions. Look at how much business and companies that accepted bitcoin payment, then compare to altcoins.
Bitcoin be the King of digital currency because the 'usability', it has some advantages and being used among people as a better monetary system.
tweetbit

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:14:06 PM

As of now the way bitcoin behaves it sealed its stands to be the most profitable in 2017. It is better than gold when we're talking about this year.

HODL
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:22:05 PM

Bitcoin is now nearly triple the price of gold:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/09/bitcoin-is-almost-triple-the-price-of-gold--heres-what-traders-think-you-should-buy.html

At some point it is going to be considered a "safe haven" currency, which people buy when there is talk of war etc.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:34:12 PM

Lets not forget that gold has value in itself (it's used in many industrial applications, not just jewellery) and its existence does not depend on miners nor electricity. Play with it, just do not put all your money in it.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:50:29 PM

Bitcoin is an asset that goes up in price for all the features that Satoshi thought and gave to it.

The bitcoin is here to stay and has created a revolution in the monetary system around the world. And we can be proud to be living the moment when this is happening.

Bitcoin is heading to $4,000 usd per coin and I am sure that the price of bitcoin in 3 years will be exponentially higher than is today.

So bitcoin is the new god(like the saying "In god we trust and god bless you all" idk much about it so don't kill me). I don't know how many million gods people create every day . But bitcoin being the new gold may or may not be possible. Agreed that all the things you said are somewhat true but bitcoin is not assured of replacing gold, bitcoin has good features but gold is something that will take years to get replaced even if it gets extinct. But the Price of bitcoin it's going to increase which i can assure you.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:11:35 PM

So bitcoin is the new god(like the saying "In god we trust and god bless you all" idk much about it so don't kill me). I don't know how many million gods people create every day . But bitcoin being the new gold may or may not be possible. Agreed that all the things you said are somewhat true but bitcoin is not assured of replacing gold, bitcoin has good features but gold is something that will take years to get replaced even if it gets extinct. But the Price of bitcoin it's going to increase which i can assure you.

God was just mentioned as a sort of expression. It is amazing how bitcoin surpassed gold value. Right now gold cannot be easily replaced as it is also basis of each nations currency circulation. But what we have to understand is that the gold circulation around the globe is worth in trillions of dollars (currently at 7 trillion?) compared to bitcoin at 70.7 billion dollars.
Selmor

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:15:30 PM

Gold is a precious metal which is partly used in the production. So it will be necessary in the future. Bitcoin could move to zero in the future.

ActiveP

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:20:10 PM

Gold and bitcoin are kinda complementary. Bitcoin strengths are golds weaknesses and golds strengths are bitcoins weakness. For example, gold is stable, whereas bitcoin is volatile, combining both is the best way forward for those who can afford it.
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:39:41 PM

Gold and bitcoin are kinda complementary. Bitcoin strengths are golds weaknesses and golds strengths are bitcoins weakness. For example, gold is stable, whereas bitcoin is volatile, combining both is the best way forward for those who can afford it.
If you think there is a direct correlation between AU and BTC, there is not, so don't bet your profit on it.
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 06:41:21 PM

Please, Alt coin is useful and used a lot but it alt coin will never surpass Bitcoin because Bitcoin is always there for alt coin to be in the movement so whoever creates there value cant be used less than who has value because of Bitcoin.
My Point of View Bitcoin id Bitcoin and Gold is Gold, They are not comparable to each other 
I Believe you are not going to make a set of Jewelry of Bitcoin and wear it
Gold is asset, used to make Jewelry, Cannot be send from one wallet to other wallet as a form of payment or transfer to anywhere in the world as easy as Bitcoin.

So I think everything. Just what will you do if bitcoin starts with the same speed or even faster to fall down? You must understand what ever the price may increase and someday it will happen. It seems to me that it is too early to speak about bitcoin as a reliable investment.

Price Could fall down but if you see from bitcoin startup till now Bitcoin has always created bottom line, Which its never going to break again so depending on how you want to invest and what are your plans of investment, if your investment is unplanned not only Bitcoin anywhere and anything will be worst but if you have proper plan than Bitcoin is reliable investment

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: