Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:18:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GME | GameCoin - Unofficial fork and Windows QT Client.  (Read 23817 times)
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:11:38 PM

Thanks tyrion. I'll send some more GME your way for your trouble.  Grin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tyrion70
Legendary

Activity: 934
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:27:02 PM

You're welcome and thanks! Smiley

Let me know when everything is running smooth with the nodes so I can turn of the AWS node..

Petr1fied

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:34:01 PM

It's still coming up with "synchronising with network..." and displaying like it's trying to download 300K blocks but it's definitely only downloading blocks from the correct chain because I've had 2 incoming payments whilst it's been displaying this. Hopefully this minor niggle should resolve itself in time when those using the new updated client outweigh those bringing their litecoin blockchain into the mix.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:41:41 PM

Let me know when everything is running smooth with the nodes so I can turn of the AWS node..

so far soo good. Getting payments regularly now from pool and just got an updated block 22 seconds ago.

It's still coming up with "synchronising with network..." and displaying like it's trying to download 300K blocks but it's definitely only downloading blocks from the correct chain because I've had 2 incoming payments whilst it's been displaying this. Hopefully this minor niggle should resolve itself in time when those using the new updated client outweigh those bringing their litecoin blockchain into the mix.

Did you delete everything in your %appdata% folder inside your folder besides the wallet and config file? This has to be a fresh install. So the only thing to keep is those 2 files.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Petr1fied

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:56:42 PM

so far soo good. Getting payments regularly now from pool and just got an updated block 22 seconds ago.

Did you delete everything in your %appdata% folder inside your folder besides the wallet and config file? This has to be a fresh install. So the only thing to keep is those 2 files.

Yep, completely cleared everything but wallet.dat. It's showing as downloading but it's not actually doing so. It's definitely on the correct blockchain and downloading the new blocks from it, it's just a display oddity because I'm connected to peers who have 355K blocks.

de_xt

Activity: 602
Merit: 535

Account hacked from Oct 11th to Nov 1st 2017

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:11:05 PM

Well, I connected to my own Linux machine, so that won't be much help ;-)

But I enabled upnp for you guys so try:
54.244.192.52:9776

Remember, please remove the connect option once done!

let me know if it works..

EDIT: Changed IP
Worked like a charm. Thanks!

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:29:33 PM

Yep, completely cleared everything but wallet.dat. It's showing as downloading but it's not actually doing so. It's definitely on the correct blockchain and downloading the new blocks from it, it's just a display oddity because I'm connected to peers who have 355K blocks.

yep mine just kicked back into syncing itself.

It does come and go though... probually when it connects to a non fixed wallet.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
tyrion70
Legendary

Activity: 934
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:55:05 PM

Guys:
Don't think we had one yet right?
http://54.244.192.52/gamecoin/chain/Gamecoin

Tips are welcome ;-)

Cheers!

Mike270

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:43:40 PM

Also saw someone updated the icons..

I liked the old (slo/utty) look better.
But it's still the Litecoin icon in the taskbar :-(
ruecanonrails

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:44:48 PM

Just remember, as I've said several times in the previous thread.

Your wallet will claim that it is out of sync with 350k blocks required. Just ignore that. All it means is someone on the network has the LITECOIN blockchain instead of the proper GameCoin blockchain they likely manually placed it there in an attempt to hurt the coin. Your wallet see's that there are a possible 350k blocks and lists your wallet as out of sync. However will not download the incorrect chain.

While you are "out of sync" you're wallet is actually fully up to date, and functional. You are able to send, receive, and mine.

This problem should resolve itself later on down the road as more check points are hit and the person(s) with the incorrect blockchain fix, update, or close their client.

In short, just ignore wallet being out of sync. The network and current checkpoints make it so your client will not download the incorrect blockchain. Unless you are connected to a single node where the person operating the node changes the blockchain then you may experience problems until you get off of that node and re-download the blockchain.
lightlord
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3226
Merit: 1226

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 12:26:01 AM

I did the deletes and everything, but even though I get the snyc thing, it still functions perfectly.  Smiley
Glad to see some progress, and community work bringing gamecoin back to life.
Anyone up for making a good gamecoin logo? I was thinking a GC in the center, or something.
And a Gamey design or feel to it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
jayo89 (OP)

Activity: 180

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:32:29 AM

I did the deletes and everything, but even though I get the snyc thing, it still functions perfectly.  Smiley
Glad to see some progress, and community work bringing gamecoin back to life.
Anyone up for making a good gamecoin logo? I was thinking a GC in the center, or something.
And a Gamey design or feel to it.

Yeah i just cobbled something together quick because what was there was just awful and obviously lazy.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:24:50 AM

This coin is junk what does the coin even do and why is it called gamecoin?

ruecanonrails

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:43:46 AM

Why is any coin called whatever it is? Why even use the term "coin" for each iteration when they don't have anything to do with coins.

The GameCoin already has more acceptance and use than most other "junk" alt coins.

It's primary use is currently on this site http://alt-co.in/ Where it can be used to feed a slot machine, and soon more. The site is in beta and constantly adding new features. Looking at the top of the page it will at some point include an exchange and escrow listing.

Right there it adds entertainment value with gambling it away. More than can be said about most of the other alt coins that aren't on an exchange.
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:07:11 AM

Guys:
Don't think we had one yet right?
http://54.244.192.52/gamecoin/chain/Gamecoin

Tips are welcome ;-)

Cheers!

Nice job, sent you some GME for the effort  Smiley

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
Petr1fied

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:47:26 PM

Yeah, I think we found around 150 blocks in the last 24 hours so hopefully we should hit block 20160 in about 2-3 days and the difficulty will come down.
jayo89 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:16:34 PM

The network hashrate has picked up nicely. Blocks are being solved quicker than they have been the previous few days. Should help us hit checkpoints and retargets a little quicker.

Can't wait to see where we can take this coin. First step is more games for GameCoin. Someone should make some carnival style coin games. *will accept royalties from profits made using my ideas Wink I'll also donate some time to help with these projects if anyone wishes.

Until then, it's back to throwing GameCoins at the slot machine. http://alt-co.in/slots.php

Yeah, as I said before, I'll aslo help people integrate GameCoin into their games if I'm able.

I might be changing the GameCoin promo for the slots a little, but it looks like we'll be keeping it, as well as adding ways to get bonus GameCoins into any future games we put up.

Hopefully this will spread the coin into further circulation, with more people holding a smaller number of coins.  That's how a healthy economy works Wink

Someone should also make a GameCoin arcade that accepts 0.25 GME to let you play some classics in-browser.

[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Mike270

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:59:20 AM

Hi,

I was mining until yesterday to keep it going, and it seemed like others were mining too, so I switched to something where I can be sure to get coins that I can convert easily, as I still need to get my hardware/electricity investments back. Seems like now there is nobody else mining (no new block for ~9h).
My suggestion: I'll continue mining with my 3MH (should give an average of two blocks per hour at current difficulty) and you make me an attractive offer in btc or ltc for 200k gme so that I can afford to continue mining.
I will switch back to mining gamecoin for the time being until offers pour in.
Sounds fair?

I suggest the automated escrow service at http://exchange.dudeami.com/ for doing any exchanges.

Kind regards
Mike
jayo89 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:05:28 AM

Hi,

I was mining until yesterday to keep it going, and it seemed like others were mining too, so I switched to something where I can be sure to get coins that I can convert easily, as I still need to get my hardware/electricity investments back. Seems like now there is nobody else mining (no new block for ~9h).
My suggestion: I'll continue mining with my 3MH (should give an average of two blocks per hour at current difficulty) and you make me an attractive offer in btc or ltc for 200k gme so that I can afford to continue mining.
I will switch back to mining gamecoin for the time being until offers pour in.
Sounds fair?

I suggest the automated escrow service at http://exchange.dudeami.com/ for doing any exchanges.

Kind regards
Mike

No login available on an exchange/escrow service?  Seems like the one feature they would ensure is developed before launching.
Also looks like they've still got the default copyright message on the template that was used.

Mike270

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:14:48 AM

No login available on an exchange/escrow service?  Seems like the one feature they would ensure is developed before launching.
Also looks like they've still got the default copyright message on the template that was used.

Haven't actually used it yet but read about it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198891.0 and it seems to work.
Open for alternate suggestions.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: